I gave you a whole field of daisies!  What more do you want, man?

Or Sharknado.

(The first time I watched it, James had the codec messed up and there was no sound.  We watched the entire movie the first time with no dialogue.  It didn't matter.)

My maths teacher for the last two years had a tradition of putting on a 'so bad it's good' movie on the last day of term. One of them was Sharknado 2. Apparently, another class had to endure a double of "Ninja Zombies". According to my teacher, it's worse than it sounds, and it sounds pretty bad, so... fun.

OK, I wondered whether I should post it into Good News thread, Bad Day thread or Relationships thread. So I'm writing here. This is gonna be long.

So, my highschool (which I graduated two years ago) every year hosts a charity film night. The event is open for the students of the middle and highschool (it's... my school was both a middle-school and high-school at the same time, same building, same teachers... not important) and also for graduates. I never participated before since the night was always a night before a bridge tournament, but this year I went. I hoped the meet my friends (we agreed to meet there, at least those who I talked to). From our usual six people pack there were three: me and my two friends. My other friend didn't want to come and two girls... who knows, I barely have any contact anymore. Sometimes I meet one near the university, the other one I had seen, if I add everything up... for like two hours during the whole year?

Two days ago I found out one of my mentioned friends has a girlfriend. Since three months ago. Said girl was also a friend but the last I checked she was in a long, long (like...5 years?) relationship with a more distant friend of mine. "OK, some dung went down, apparently. I'll find out what later". I'm quite angry that I didn't know anything... or rather that we see each other so rarely that there was no opportunity to know. Wait, there was one. OK, do I have right to be angry?

First we watched "Ex Machina" (disappointment for me), then there was "Spotlight" but some of the younger audience couldn't behave so we walked out of the film to play "Jungle speed" (because that film deserves to be watched properly). Then we returned for "Inside Out" and at one point the rest of the friends vanished (both my friends with their girlfriends). Well, whatever. However I wished I was a Soother, since at particularly sad moment in the film some people started laughing. You know, the standard defension mechanism for stupid people to cope with emotions.

Then at the end one pair came back and then they decided (at 2.00 am) that they are leaving. I went "what, so early?" (the event was until 6 am and two films remained) but they went anyway. Then ten minutes later the other pair decided to leave. I'd be alone if it weren't for another friend who once also was a part of the pack, but we drifted apart a little. He's got dominating personality and hard to be reasoned with... So we complained a little about the rest but it wasn't particularly enjoyable. And I sat alone at the film cause he also got a girlfriend (that wasn't suprising, though. He's... a little like that cliche popular guy).
After "Intern" (4.00 am) I decided to go home, since I've already seen "Pulp Fiction" several times.

Then when I was riding a bus home at 4.20 am I remembered why I wanted to be Bronze Compounder. Ghosttown. Big city, literal ghost-town. And radio is quite good. And that weird feel of calmness.
And I decided to write a message on FB to the girl I met on English class last semester. It's not like we would meet again and if don't try now, then when? I am not sure she even remembers me anymore - we didn't interact much. And she may be a year older. I'll run that idea through my brain tomorrow, when I get my sleep. Maybe I would still be up for it.

P.S. Oh, and when I was leaving I forgot to close my window. My room has been ventilated for 10 hours and it's like maybe 3*C? Anyway, it's fresh. Very fresh.
Goodnight!

Agh... accidentally... upset... Forum Mom... must... backtrack... must... reboot...

PLEASE STAND BY.

Wait! You can't Backtrack! That means you'll just get scared and cry at everything instead of...

Oh dear, too late.  :mellow:

I quite liked Lion King 3, and couldn't stand 2 1/2.

And mean girls 2 is a stunningly terrible sequel. It tried to take the plot of 10 things I hate about you, but between friends and with literally no story tension. Urgh.

As for Kobold:

11vfwt.jpg

:P

Edited by Delightful

And I still really want to see Zootopia. 

YES. It's the best Disney movid I have ever seen. Go watch it. Now.

I prefer bad movies that know they're bad and don't care. Like Hotel Transylvania.  :ph34r:

I never saw Eragon, but I still know about the "I suffer without my stone! Do not prolong my suffering!" line.

But…But… I liked Hotel Transyvania

Speaking of other bad movies...Percy Jackson.

No. That movie was just a bad dream. It NEVER happened.

I've started learning to play the Irish tin whistle. Does anyone else here play it? Any tips?

I do!  And, um...it's a pretty simple instrument, really.  Is there anything specific you're wondering about?

I just worked out why all the times are an hour out of sync. Daylight savings.

'Scuse me while I try to remember how I set the times to Australian last time...

There's actually a little box you can click on your profile that enables DST.

I do! And, um...it's a pretty simple instrument, really. Is there anything specific you're wondering about?

Not really. I've been practicing for a couple days and it really is very simple. I was just wondering if there was anything anyone would want to point out about it...or something.

...Now I feel kind of stupid.

I love Zootopia. It was smart. Great story and characters with good dialogue. The animation was adorable. It was also about something very interesting. It took on the idea of social justice itself. It's really fascinating.

I should go see it again...

I love Zootopia. It was smart. Great story and characters with good dialogue. The animation was adorable. It was also about something very interesting. It took on the idea of social justice itself. It's really fascinating.

I should go see it again...

I may or may not have bought two Zootopia stuffed animals immediately after seeing it.

There was a BAT in our cabin.

A small ugly mammal with WINGS.

It kept fluttering around the house trying and failing to go through an open window. It nearly hit my HEAD.

This was really cool, don't get me wrong. And we got it out in the end.

But still.

BATS SHOULD NOT BE IN HOUSES.

Not really. I've been practicing for a couple days and it really is very simple. I was just wondering if there was anything anyone would want to point out about it...or something.

...Now I feel kind of stupid.

Well, there very well could be things.  Problem is that I've been playing instruments like the oboe and flute for so long that pennywhistle was easy peasy, so I don't know what people unfamiliar with the woodwind family would want or need to know.

There was a BAT in our cabin.

A small ugly mammal with WINGS.

It kept fluttering around the house trying and failing to go through an open window. It nearly hit my HEAD.

This was really cool, don't get me wrong. And we got it out in the end.

But still.

BATS SHOULD NOT BE IN HOUSES.

Bats are not ugly!  They are adorable!

But you're right, they should not be in houses.

Edited by Kaymyth

Bats are not ugly!  They are adorable!

But you're right, they should not be in houses.

When I say ugly in conjunction with an animal, cute can be inferred. :P It was pretty cute. And quite a pitfiful sight when it was clinging to the wall trying to avoid the cats lining up on the floor with keen eyes. :mellow: