A few WoBs via Reddit

Havoc

This is neither event nor signing, but I understand this is the right board for any answers we're able to get from Brandon. I asked him a few questions on Reddit and he was kind enough to respond:

Spoilers Secret History

Q: Mistborn: Secret History is absolutely one of the most marvellous things I have ever read. Thank you so much for writing it! It fills in all little minor questions remaining from Era 1, and opens up so many more, wonderfully more, questions.

It feels very much like a peek behind the curtain, and really establishes just how detailed your worldbuilding actually is. I really hope you write a similar book at the end of each Mistborn Era, at least as long as Kelsier is around. I'm really looking forward to a Kelsier-Marsh reunion. I still can't believe Kelsier managed to con a God!

Is there a comparable amount of behind-the-scenes action happening over the course of the Stormlight books?

A: Yes, there is something comparable going on through the course of the Stormlight books. The problem with this one is that Roshar is so enormous, compared to the Final Empire, that there are far fewer hints there. Here, we had a main character from the series itself involved, and this led to more opportunities to leave little clues as to what was going on.

Q: Can we hope to see a 'Secret History' for each Era of Mistborn?

A: It will depend on if I have the time. The next one would have to go between Era One and Era Two--the lead up to things happening in the Wax and Wayne books.

Minor spoilers Shadows for Silence and Stormlight

On Threnody, Silence notices a 'tug' when cutting a wraith with her silver knife. Is is analogous to the tug a Shardbearer feels when cutting people with a Shardblade, i.e. you always feel it when cutting something from the Cognitive Realm while in the Physical Realm?

A: Yes, that is a valid analogy.

Edited by Havoc

Q: Can we hope to see a 'Secret History' for each Era of Mistborn?

A: It will depend on if I have the time. The next one would have to go between Era One and Era Two--the lead up to things happening in the Wax and Wayne books.

Not sure if this means we won't be getting many answers about the time in between eras in the last Wax and Wayne book or not...