Adloin damage shardplate

bdoble97

17 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

Who should I have the artist do next he wants to do a bad guy.

Szeth seems too obvious of a choice, and he has official art already. If your artist wants to do some fancy poses or camera angles, then it could still work.

I feel like he's done enough Plate-clad figures for now, so maybe not Eshonai or Sadeas. Taravangian perhaps?

Actually, is he limited to Stormlight characters? It'd be nice to get some artwork of Dakhor Monks, twisted bones and all.
The Cosmere fan-base can never get enough of The Lord Ruler either.

1 minute ago, Alpharho said:

Is there any official artwork for Nightblood yet? Is he technically a bad guy?

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe Szeth with Nightblood, even though he probably can't unsheathe him/it (?) yet.

Nightblood is... difficult to categorize that way.

Spoiler

Unless something has changed between WoR and Edgedancer/Oathbringer, he can't.
He can't draw in Stormlight anymore without the Honorblade, so Nightblood would just drain his life-force instead.

Just now, randuir said:

might I suggest reading Edgedancer?

I did get Arcanum Unbounded for Christmas.. :)
I just took the lack of any mention of a change, in or out of spoiler tags, to mean that it still hadn't been answered, so I keep with Brandon's response until being corrected

1 hour ago, The One Who Connects said:

Szeth seems too obvious of a choice, and he has official art already. If your artist wants to do some fancy poses or camera angles, then it could still work.

I feel like he's done enough Plate-clad figures for now, so maybe not Eshonai or Sadeas. Taravangian perhaps?

Actually, is he limited to Stormlight characters? It'd be nice to get some artwork of Dakhor Monks, twisted bones and all.
The Cosmere fan-base can never get enough of The Lord Ruler either.

The artis is only limited to what I have read so far from the cosmere. So he can do characters from Elantris, Mistborn 1st trilogy, Warbraker, SA. I really want to see him do a Parshendi warform. I think the exoskeleton armor will look really cool in his style

Just now, bdoble97 said:

The artist is only limited to what I have read so far from the Cosmere. So he can do characters from Elantris, Mistborn 1st trilogy, Warbreaker, SA. I really want to see him do a Parshendi Warform. I think the exoskeleton armor will look really cool in his style

So he's basically only limited by what gets suggested to him? That actually sounds like a good deal.
Oh yea regular Parshendi. We do tend to forget about the rank and file when people say "Villain" as evidenced by the suggestions. If there's enough description in book for him to work with, by all means let him try it.

20 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

So he's basically only limited by what gets suggested to him? That actually sounds like a good deal.
Oh yea regular Parshendi. We do tend to forget about the rank and file when people say "Villain" as evidenced by the suggestions. If there's enough description in book for him to work with, by all means let him try it.

Well yea it's a great deal he mainly  does Star Wars art. I've always loved the description of the Parshendi  having long beards with uncut gems braided into it

I like a lot of the suggestions so far. Dahkor monks would be cool but I'd love to see The Lord Ruler from Kelsier's point of view right there at the end. Burning his eleventh metal, seeing The Lord Ruler standing side by side with Rashek. 

Also, I want Blue Fingers. Not an impressive figure, but after having a blue pen decide to self destruct in my hand, leaving me with blue fingers, and a sudden urge to plot the downfall of my employer, I'd like to see him...

2 hours ago, DarkJester said:

I like a lot of the suggestions so far. Dahkor monks would be cool but I'd love to see The Lord Ruler from Kelsier's point of view right there at the end. Burning his eleventh metal, seeing The Lord Ruler standing side by side with Rashek. 

Also, I want Blue Fingers. Not an impressive figure, but after having a blue pen decide to self destruct in my hand, leaving me with blue fingers, and a sudden urge to plot the downfall of my employer, I'd like to see him...

Blue fingers would be cool. The Lord Ruler is also a good idea. If i had the money i would have him do all of the ideas. But dont have a money tree hahah. Unfortunately it will probley be about a month untill I put aside enough for another commission. 

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 3:26 AM, Lord_of_Awesome said:

@bdoble97 Have you considered commissioning your artist to do Nale/Nalan/whatever? You need a "bad guy" and I suppose at this point he counts as one... 

Maybe even Jasnah?

Yea I love Jasnah I picture her as mix of Olivia Wilde and Katy Perry I don't know that probably sounds pretty funny but that's how I picture her. Never Nale/Nalan 

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Rob Lucci said:

Parshendi warform, The Lord Ruler, Nale / Darkness, Dakhor monks would be my list.

I  never would have wantted a Lord Ruler done but the more i read the original Mistborn Born triolgy the more I like thw Lord Ruler I only have about 70 pgs left of Hero of Ages and love the info we get about him and all the work he did to save the world. It has taken a hell of Lot longer then I thought it would take to finsh the book wife three daught Christmas vacation has really reduced my time to read but mabe after today when i finsh the book the Lord Ruler will be my number 1 choice over Parshendi warform 

• Chaos locked this topic