Updated Radiant / Surges diagram to include Herald names

Releaser

I've seen a few of these Radiant diagrams but none had the herald's names, so I made an up-to-date one with the correct names of the Orders and Surges, additionally I added the names of the heralds that Brandon gave us recently.

http://i.imgur.com/UHG8Rey.jpg

Anything I missed or that you want me to add on?

edit: sorry accidentally uploaded wrong version, its the 2nd thumbnail.

post-9853-0-92266400-1395896625_thumb.jp

post-9853-0-26055000-1395897580_thumb.jp

Edited by Releaser

Looks good, though you might want to change Dustbringers to Releasers which is their official title.

Not to start up this particular discussion again (I imagine I probably am - oops), but I think that Dustbringers is the name they were known by to most people (including the Heralds!) and thus it should probably be used. Releasers could go in parentheses or something if absolutely necessary. I understand the arguments for Releasers, but 'Releasers' ruins the pattern most of the other names have going on. Lots of Nounverbers.

In any case, the chart seems nice enough to me.

I hadn't actually seen the previous debate about it so I don't really mind that much either way. The epigraph about them implied that Dustbringers wasn't what they called themselves but your argument makes sense so waiting for a WoB on the correct term to use before relabeling the chart seems prudent.

Not to start up this particular discussion again (I imagine I probably am - oops), but I think that Dustbringers is the name they were known by to most people (including the Heralds!) and thus it should probably be used. Releasers could go in parentheses or something if absolutely necessary. I understand the arguments for Releasers, but 'Releasers' ruins the pattern most of the other names have going on. Lots of Nounverbers.

In any case, the chart seems nice enough to me.

my name is Releaser and I agree that it is not the Given name. 

the way I read it was that they didn't like that name cause it used 'bringers' in it that is similar to voidbringers. So people called them Releasers instead. 

I look at it like a guy named Sue. Some people will choose to go by their middle name, in this case its Releasers. 

Nice chart.

I'm slightly confused the Heralds positions seem to be close to their respective orders but Shalan( a Lightweaver) is referred to in WoR as one of Ishar's knights while in the chart a Lightweaver would be one of Shalash's knights?

Could someone clear this up for me?

When Taln says "one of Ishar's knights," he is referring to the fact that it was Ishar's idea to found the Knights Radiant. When the Orders were created, they kind of went and asked the different Heralds to be their patrons - and that's how the Lightweavers got Shalash.

When Taln says "one of Ishar's knights," he is referring to the fact that it was Ishar's idea to found the Knights Radiant. When the Orders were created, they kind of went and asked the different Heralds to be their patrons - and that's how the Lightweavers got Shalash.

okay thanks. Edited by Inquisitor of Wit

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic