Hawkeye

Philomath

So now that the season ends tomorrow, anyone want to talk Hawkeye? I’ve actually loved it. I had no expectations good or bad for it before it started and I think that was good. It may be my favorite MCU Disney+ show now. I have really enjoyed the others too, but I think not knowing anything about this worked in its favor for me. It has been a fun more small scale stakes that clearly are leading into something bigger again. I really like Kate Bishop’s character. I like more development of Clint’s character. I just want him to get home from Christmas with his family though dang it! It’s his first chance in at least 5 years. 

Spoiler

Okay I’ll spoiler these thoughts about parts of each episode. I was wondering when the watch would turn up again. I think it is his wife’s. She knows way to much about assassins, spies, and agent stuff. 
I really like Maya. I liked her backstory and felt for her. Like I didn’t want her killing Clint, but he killed her dad! I’m glad with how they have set that up now. My mom says she supposedly turns good in the comics and is getting her own Disney+ show so I am kind of hoping for that. Yelena is fantastic again. Florence Pugh is so good in that role. I can’t wait for more of her. 

Small Spider-Man No Way Home spoiler:

Spoiler

With Kingpin showing up here and Daredevil showing up in NWH I wonder if we’ll see more crossovers. Maybe some Kate Bishop working with Peter Parker. Who knows. Also I haven’t actually seen the Netflix Daredevil show but it seems like I probably should now.

I really enjoyed it! I think of the D+ MCU shows, it's been the best paced so far. (WandaVision is in second place, but that show is weird by design.) 

I'll probably talk more about it once the finale airs and I've seen it more than once. 

My main theory for the ending from the first two episodes has been that Clint would bring Kate home to celebrate with his family. (I thought that Eleanor's punishment for gasslighting her own daughter would be the loss of their relationship.) But after last week, I think the show will end with: 

Spoiler

Clint bringing Kate AND Yelena home with him for Christmas. We'll see Kate bond with Clint's family and children, and we'll see Clint and Yelena mourn Natasha together. 

There will probably be an ending scene with Kate and Yelena both in New York hanging out before suiting up to go save the day. The post-credit scene will be a stinger for Echo's spin-off show. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked Hawkeye. Hawkeye has long been one of my favorite Avengers; he is so underrated! The finale was great, I loved how Kate's relationship with her mom played out. Just the right combination of emotions showed how Kate had to make the sacrifice but also felt bad about it. Yelena and Clint's final scene almost made me cry! It was so emotional and sweet. Clint bringing Kate home for Christmas was amazing too. I thought the end-credits scene was a little weird, but I'd been wanting to see more of that musical since it was first showed, so no big complaints. 

• 2 months later...