The Young but Old Club

Elf

Isn't it? I do hope this doesn't count as spam. I genuinely meant for this to be like a discussion on basically having something of an old soul, yk? 

Like liking classical music. Knowing more composer's names than pop singers. Being not very in tune with the slang, stuff like that.

Edit: This is the most popular topic I have ever made.

Edited by Elf

I’ve been dead inside ever since

MAJOR ROW

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Teft, my beloved. NOOOOOO.

Spoiler

F Moash

21 minutes ago, Elf said:

Like liking classical music. Knowing more composer's names than pop singers. Being not very in tune with the slang, stuff like that.

All accurately describe me lol. I don’t know most actors either.

Edited by #1 Taln Fan

Oh yeah, I also don't know most actors. I usually prefer books over television, and when I do watch television it's usually an adaption of a book series or something. 

The only shows I like watching are The Umbrella Academy and Shadow and Bone.

Edited by Elf

I only watch the occasional TV. I watched WoT, and I watched the marvel shows. Reading, and more often, writing, takes up most of my time that isn’t spent doing school stuff.

also random fun note, there’s at least 7 dogs in my neighborhood that are all howling at each other right now, at 12:40 at night. Fun.

Edited by #1 Taln Fan

14 minutes ago, #1 Taln Fan said:

also random fun note, there’s at least 7 dogs in my neighborhood that are all howling at each other right now, at 12:40 at night. Fun.

My neighborhood may not have 7 dogs, but one of my neighbors has:5 sheep, 3 macaws, 1 umbrella cockatoo and 3 peacocks.  They all make noise CONSTANTLY. 

11 hours ago, Elf said:

I should probably go then, i am very young in body and only slightly older in soul :P

But i have a really funny story about knowing more composers then pop singers. When i went to school for the first time, it was 4th grade and i was not at all in tune with the latest trends and stuff (since i had been homeschooled for all the time before that.) So me and my friends are sitting outside of PE waiting to go in, and they start talking about kaity perry (or however it's spelled) and one of them is like, "Facepalm, what's your favourite kaoty peary song?" And i'm like, "who's keity porrie?" And everyone freaks out and is like OMG FACEPALM DOESN'T KNOW WHO KATY PIERRY IS and i look calmly at all of them and say something like "i may not know kaity perry, but i bet not a single one of you has heard of verdi."

Keep in mind i was eight at the time

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm
Typos

No no, it's fine. You stay. Keep us up to date on youth culture. 

You were eight and you knew Verdi? Man, you're smart as storms. 

Also I think it's spelled Katy Perry. Could be wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 6:55 PM, Elf said:

You do! Who is your favorite composer? Also, Beethoven's 5th, overplayed or not?

Currently J.J. Quantz 'cause I play the flute & I'm playing some of his stuff & it's great

And not really, but late classical/early romantic isn't really my thing so :shrug:

I'm more of a baroque guy

as evidenced above

Kind of off topic, but my dance school is preforming Sleeping Beauty this year!  The music was composed by Tchaikovsky, right?

It makes me kind of sad that most people don't know the original story behind Sleeping Beauty.  I mean, most of the people in my dance class didn't even know who Carabosse was. They all thought that Maleficent was the main villain, she's not even a character in the story. 

Edited by JungleFiend

hey @Elf what about "The Young but Old Club"? for a name instead of what we have before.

15 minutes ago, JungleFiend said:

Kind of off topic, but my dance school is preforming Sleeping Beauty this year!  The music was composed by Tchaikovsky, right?

It makes me kind of sad that most people don't know the original story behind Sleeping Beauty.  I mean, most of the people in my dance class didn't even know who Carabosse was. They all thought that Maleficent was the main villain, she's not even a character in the story. 

cool. 

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

hey @Elf what about "The Young but Old Club"? for a name instead of what we have before.

cool. 

Aye, perfect name :D. I'll change it right now.

2 hours ago, JungleFiend said:

Oh even I dont know the original story behind sleeping beauty. I'll check that out. And yeah the music was composed by Tchaikovsky!