Hello there

Mwindaji

Hi everyone! I've been enjoying 17th shard for a (short) while and thought maybe I should say hi. I absolutely love the Stormlight Archive but haven't gotten to everything else. I'm working on it but being a full-time university student and married and working puts quite the strain on my time. I like to see what everyone posts and hopefully I'll get around to contributing sometime.

@Mwindaji Hey welcome to the Shard! Just want to say that I am a big fan of your dogs! Also, have you had a chance to read Dawnshard yet? That novella (more like a short novel with how long it is :P) is set between Oathbringer and Rhythm of War. It's a pretty fun read, and gives some cool big picture cosmere stuff, which works just as well if you haven't read any other cosmere stuff compared to if you have read all of the cosmere. 

Have you decided which cosmere story you're going to read next after the Stormlight Archive? If you haven't picked one yet, Warbreaker is a good first choice. It's a standalone novel, plus it's free on his website. The story follows two princesses who have spent their whole lives expecting certain things for their lives, when something forces them to switch which roles they were supposed to have. Plus a couple other really fun characters to follow. It's a really fun story, with a really colorful magic. Elantris is also a standalone novel (though both Warbreaker and Elantris are possibly getting sequels someday), and that one's story is basically that people started becoming magic zombies after something broke the old magical city of Elantris, and now one of the main characters, Raoden, has become one of the magical zombies. It's Brandon's first published book, and was written much earlier before any of his other published books as well.

If you're looking to hop into a series, Mistborn Era 1 is a good choice. The first book in that series is The Final Empire. The basic concept that Brandon started working from when he sat down to write the series (though it may or may not currently reflect how the book actually is now) was "what if the Dark Lord won?" And the series starts with everyone being under the control of The Lord Ruler. And a group of people get together to rob him. It's a blast, and it's the first series (and only one that he's started) that he's written the ending to. It's my favorite series of his, over SA, simply because we have the ending and can see the bigger picture of everything. There's also a second series, Era 2 (aka Wax and Wayne) that follows the same world about 300 years after the events of the last series, during the planet's industrial revolution. It's super fun.

Also, there's a group of people here on the forums that run mafia games based on Sanderson's books. It's called Sanderson Elimination. If you're curious, you can take a read at the general rules here, and the signups for the next game can be found here.