Sleightly Very Obsessed (not 'Slightly' Obsessed)

Kandrafish

I have a problem:

For years I have tried to convince friends to read Brandon Sanderson books and have, mostly succeeded in getting people to read them. Unfortunately, there has not been a single person who has acquired a deceptively significant obsession for these books that comes close to rivalling my own. They are all progressing through the books too slowly for me to be able to discuss anything with them.

I have been reading cosmere books since 2016. I have read every cosmere book at a minimum three times and developed my own google doc of cosmere theories, while, originally, not looking at any fan forums or the coppermind, or anything... Until last Christmas. At this point, I have had a year of on and off time spent scanning through the coppermind and WoBs as well as listening to the 17th shard youtube channel... I have now realized that there are a lot of people who are equally or more obsessed with these books. I just cannot find them in my general vicinity.

My solution: 

Joining the 17th shard.

I guess I would just like to find a place to vent a little and share my mad diagram-like theorizing with some individuals who might actually understand how good or bad my train of thought is and offer some counter-points or corrections. And... perhaps this will save my family from rantings about the cosmere.

Welcome! We could use some more people on here who do more than make memes and play games. Which order of Knight Radiant is your favorite?

P.S.: Don't eat the cookie; it's likely hemalurgically spiked.

Edited by AonDoor

I am glad to be here.

I don't know if I am quite a mega-fan, perhaps more of a kilo-fan...

Yeah... Any suggestions about places where people theorize about the cosmere or weird applications of magic systems. Those are things that I haven't found anyone to engage with on.

To be honest, that is a really hard question. I think I would probably be choose the order of Releasers, but the Truthwatchers would probably be a close second.

I will see if what I can do Master Karger.

Do any of you have any suggestions on where I should start?

On 1/28/2022 at 3:31 AM, Robin Hatter said:

Welcome to the Shard! I think all of us have had that problem :P. Glad to have you here!

I am glad to be here.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, HSuperLee said:

Welcome home. You've found the crowd of, as our Lord Ruler Chaos says, mega-fans that can share in your obsession.

I don't know if I am quite a mega-fan, perhaps more of a kilo-fan...

On 1/28/2022 at 11:09 AM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I have found ONE person in my vicinity to do it with me but I had to introduce it to them

KIND OF.

Want a cookie?

Yeah... Any suggestions about places where people theorize about the cosmere or weird applications of magic systems. Those are things that I haven't found anyone to engage with on.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, AonDoor said:

Welcome! We could use some more people on here who do more than make memes and play games. Which order of Knight Radiant is your favorite?

To be honest, that is a really hard question. I think I would probably be choose the order of Releasers, but the Truthwatchers would probably be a close second.            I am always cautious around all types of cookies... If the one I am being offered is suspect, I could probably sell it to a website they seem to always be using them. If the website starts talking to itself, having the mist retract from it, or maybe even slurring its speech, then we will know if the cookie was spiked (hemalurgically or otherwise).

23 hours ago, Karger said:

Welcome.  Your only choice is to increase your obsession and add new acolytes to the cosmere religion.  Am I understood my apprentice?

I will see if what I can do Master Karger.

Do any of you have any suggestions on where I should start?

-This is what I meant to do.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:17 AM, AonDoor said:

I also rpg if you were referencing me..

On 1/29/2022 at 8:30 PM, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who are your least favorite and favorite characters?

Favorite: I like Kalad, Peacebringer, Warbreaker the Peaceful, Vasher, Zahel and Talaxin (in no particular order... It is a 6 way tie.)

Least favorite: Duke Telrii