1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

@|TJ| How did only Mat die if he and Stick both had 5 votes? Would you tell us if someone was supposed to be exed but survived? Or if they were attacked but survived?

Tie-break, I tossed a coin. Yes. And yes. 

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Right. So there was no Elim kill. That's... Decidedly odd. 

I'm just going to 'fess up because I think this makes the situation even more bewildering. I'm a Rioter. I had my order as set to Riot Mat to himself and swapped to Rioting Karn to himself with the last minute vote switcheroo. 

This makes the situation with two votes missing from Karn even odder to me because it suggests hidden interactions or a cancellation somewhere.

Edited by Kasimir
justification

4 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

is there a set amount of elims per game? or do we not get to know?

Under normal circumstances, anywhere between 20% — 25% depending on distro.

Edited by Kasimir
justification

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

is there a set amount of elims per game? or do we not get to know?

No idea. Usually it’s around 25%, but usually doesn’t describe this game.

Hmm.

@StrikerEZ, you claim a neutral. Is your wincon just to survive? Or is it something else? (I don‘t care about the something else at the moment, just whether you need to survive.)

15 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

, you claim a neutral. Is your wincon just to survive? Or is it something else? (I don‘t care about the something else at the moment, just whether you need to survive.)

I do have to survive, but I don’t actually win unless I achieve something else as well.

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

I do have to survive, but I don’t actually win unless I achieve something else as well.

Interesting.

Your claim scares me. Idk exactly why. But both timing and content scare me.

But I’m also barely awake so I’ll come back to that.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Don't know if this makes me look suspicious.

Reveal hidden contents

64zalq.jpg.e3f1c1e0a5c7cc0c995fac20e44d0556.jpg

A little bit :P

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Interesting.

Your claim scares me. Idk exactly why. But both timing and content scare me.

But I’m also barely awake so I’ll come back to that.

A little bit :P

ah well everyone is bound to look suspicious some times *shrugs* :P

4 minutes ago, Experience said:

To clarify, @|TJ|, you would tell us if someone was attacked but protected?

YES OMG xD 

38 minutes ago, |TJ| said:
40 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@|TJ| How did only Mat die if he and Stick both had 5 votes? Would you tell us if someone was supposed to be exed but survived? Or if they were attacked but survived?

45 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Only stayed up to drop a meme.

Why do you think e!Karn would decide to show up an hour and a half before rollover to intervene in v/v Mat/Stick when they'd previously claimed they probably wouldn't be around for rollover? It would have been so easy for e!Karn to stay out of it in that case, and if Mat/Stick are not v/v we were better off exing one of them.

Matrim's Dice (5): Experience, Ashbringer, Archer, _Stick_, JNV, Thaidakar the Ghostblood (6)
Karnatheon (2): Kasimir, Araris Valerian, Tani, Amanuensis, Karnatheon (4)
_Stick_ (5): Illwei, Matrim's Dice, StrikerEZ, Devotary of Spontaneity
(4)

Kas's claim means one vote missing from Matrim, three votes missing from Karnatheon, one vote added to Stick. Assuming rioter's votes get cancelled that's one missing vote accounted for, then simplest by emotional allomancy standards is a second rioter voting for Matrim or Karnatheon moved a vote to Stick and then one vote on either Matrim or Karnatheon was just cancelled outright.

15 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Why do you think e!Karn would decide to show up an hour and a half before rollover to intervene in v/v Mat/Stick when they'd previously claimed they probably wouldn't be around for rollover? It would have been so easy for e!Karn to stay out of it in that case, and if Mat/Stick are not v/v we were better off exing one of them.

Matrim's Dice (5): Experience, Ashbringer, Archer, _Stick_, JNV, Thaidakar the Ghostblood (6)
Karnatheon (2): Kasimir, Araris Valerian, Tani, Amanuensis, Karnatheon (4)
_Stick_ (5): Illwei, Matrim's Dice, StrikerEZ, Devotary of Spontaneity
(4)

Kas's claim means one vote missing from Matrim, three votes missing from Karnatheon, one vote added to Stick. Assuming rioter's votes get cancelled that's one missing vote accounted for, then simplest by emotional allomancy standards is a second rioter voting for Matrim or Karnatheon moved a vote to Stick and then one vote on either Matrim or Karnatheon was just cancelled outright.

what the storms are you talking about. rioters and soothers? I thought this was a reckonersverse SE game.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

what the storms are you talking about. rioters and soothers? I thought this was a reckonersverse SE game.

Since the first SE game was Mistborn themed, we refer to standard roles by their names in that game. Rioter means a role that lets you change someone else's vote while cancelling your own. Basically, if anyone refers to a Mistborn role, look at the ones from LG1/Tyrian AGs (which I've pasted below for reference):

Spoiler

THUG: They can survive a single attack. If they are killed during a night or day cycle, they survive and this will be revealed in the write up. If they are attacked again, they die… finally.

TINEYE: They are messengers and are capable of writing messages to the town while remaining anonymous. Each night, they can send a message to the Game Master. He will then post it within the write up at the end of the night. As long as the Tineye is alive, players can send Private Messages back and forth. Once he dies, he can no longer deliver messages, so no more PMs.

SMOKER: The Smoker is undetectable and he can extend this power to one other person each night. If scanned by a Seeker, the smoker or the person encompassed within his coppercloud will show up as nothing. Alternatively, the Smoker can turn his coppercloud off. This would allow them to be scanned. In addition to being undetectable by the Seeker, the Smoker and his target are unaffected by emotional Allomancy. As long as the Smoker is using their coppercloud, the Soother and Rioter cannot change their votes.

SEEKER: The Seeker can sense when someone is burning metals. In fact, he/she has gotten so good that they can tell whether someone is spiked or not! Once per night, the Seeker can target someone to learn their abilities and alignment.

COINSHOT: The Coinshot does what they do best. They push metals around; specifically into other people’s bodies. Once per night, the Coinshot can target a person for death. Unless otherwise disrupted, that person dies.

LURCHER: Where the Coinshot pushes, the Lurcher pulls. Once per night the Lurcher can target someone and that person will be saved from death.

SOOTHER: Their ability to dampen emotions puts them and the Rioter in a very special position. During any time during the day round (up until the round ends), they can negate one person’s vote. The change will be anonymous, but since I will be posting voting results at the end of each day, those that are observant should be able to tell whose votes were changed.

RIOTER: The Rioter works in a similar fashion as the Soother, except once during the day round they can change one person’s vote. Using this power does nullify their own vote though. They are still capable of voting, but their vote will not be counted. The change itself will be anonymous, but since I will be posting voting results at the end of each day, those that are observant should be able to tell whose votes were changed.

3 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Since the first SE game was Mistborn themed, we refer to standard roles by their names in that game. Rioter means a role that lets you change someone else's vote while cancelling your own. Basically, if anyone refers to a Mistborn role, look at the ones from LG1/Tyrian AGs (which I've pasted below for reference):

Hide contents

THUG: They can survive a single attack. If they are killed during a night or day cycle, they survive and this will be revealed in the write up. If they are attacked again, they die… finally.

TINEYE: They are messengers and are capable of writing messages to the town while remaining anonymous. Each night, they can send a message to the Game Master. He will then post it within the write up at the end of the night. As long as the Tineye is alive, players can send Private Messages back and forth. Once he dies, he can no longer deliver messages, so no more PMs.

SMOKER: The Smoker is undetectable and he can extend this power to one other person each night. If scanned by a Seeker, the smoker or the person encompassed within his coppercloud will show up as nothing. Alternatively, the Smoker can turn his coppercloud off. This would allow them to be scanned. In addition to being undetectable by the Seeker, the Smoker and his target are unaffected by emotional Allomancy. As long as the Smoker is using their coppercloud, the Soother and Rioter cannot change their votes.

SEEKER: The Seeker can sense when someone is burning metals. In fact, he/she has gotten so good that they can tell whether someone is spiked or not! Once per night, the Seeker can target someone to learn their abilities and alignment.

COINSHOT: The Coinshot does what they do best. They push metals around; specifically into other people’s bodies. Once per night, the Coinshot can target a person for death. Unless otherwise disrupted, that person dies.

LURCHER: Where the Coinshot pushes, the Lurcher pulls. Once per night the Lurcher can target someone and that person will be saved from death.

SOOTHER: Their ability to dampen emotions puts them and the Rioter in a very special position. During any time during the day round (up until the round ends), they can negate one person’s vote. The change will be anonymous, but since I will be posting voting results at the end of each day, those that are observant should be able to tell whose votes were changed.

RIOTER: The Rioter works in a similar fashion as the Soother, except once during the day round they can change one person’s vote. Using this power does nullify their own vote though. They are still capable of voting, but their vote will not be counted. The change itself will be anonymous, but since I will be posting voting results at the end of each day, those that are observant should be able to tell whose votes were changed.

Thanks for the info Araris.

hmmm

well

this is interesting

anything actually important happen D1 or is it mostly fluff? Really don't feel like reading all that. 

Any chance there is no elim team? Just Vil and Neutrals? The lack of a kill is throwing me off...

I think I figured out what the catch is! :D. 

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Hmm. I am pretty sure Archer is an elim.

Why?

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

@Archer, looks like you’ve got work to do, eh?

And no Elim kill, unless they tried to kill Mat…

The side of this job no one talks is about is immediately after you vote someone off, you then have to go say heyy, would you mind answering some questions now? If you're village, @Matrim's Dice if you're allowed to selectively provide no response, could you please give no answer to the first question you would otherwise answer no to? And please answer yes to question three if you're capable of lying. 

Double tap makes sense mechanically, although unless they knew about the vote manipulation or had reason to suspect Mat was a Thug, I'm not sure why they would unless they submitted the order very early in the round and forgot about it. Could have been redirected to Mat too. Or straight roleblocked. Or this was the product of an inactive/inexperienced elim team. 

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

My bet is TJ gave you an identical role description to the one you had in the game you were a neutral in and he made it impossible for you to win. :P. Why'd ya claim? 

Normally, this is when I'd say Stick and Mat are cleared because they were the two leading wagons by a long shot and the elims would have used their votes to better protect their own if they'd cared about their survival. But then a random Karnatheon wagon popped up. And five votes were moved. So my instinct is to believe we didn't get that lucky, but I'm hesitant. 

Off the cuff, unordered reads list:

Spoiler

GOOD NOT EVIL

Stick - I still think they're good. I can't really remember much they've said, but there was suspicious votes for them so I'm reading them as an elim target

Araris - I liked the stated reason for his Mat vote that he was suspicious of how the Stick train developed 

Thaid - seems to be solo

Karn - vote manip went the wrong way if he's evil, unless none of it was elim action

Striker - No reason to dispute that claim

PEOPLE A MAT FLIP WOULD MAKE MUCH EASIER TO READ

Kas

Tani

SUSPICOUS 

Illwei - Seemed overly committed to the Stick exe, then distanced from it. Requires v!Mat (Sidenote: I forgot to mention. I find your new playstyle genuinely helpful. I like how it accumulates and makes it easy to check what you've said in past. So I appreciate the effort you put into them.)

Ashbringer - pre-flip vote analysis is TMI, but I liked the conclusion from it so

Aman - seemed to try and spread blame by doubting their own reads. And their EoD vote movements were weird. 

Devo - The post I mentioned seemed out of character

I SHOULD HAVE AN OPINION ON YOU BUT I DON'T

Stink

Experience

*everyone else*

Annnd that's the extent of my brain power right now. I'll check back after essay writing is done for the day. 

EDIT: Devo

Edited by Archer