3 minutes ago, Archer said:

My bet is TJ gave you an identical role description to the one you had in the game you were a neutral in and he made it impossible for you to win. :P.

You’d be surprised by how close you are. :P

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Why'd ya claim? 

Because it is in my best interests for the elims to not try and kill me. :)

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

You’d be surprised by how close you are. :P

Because it is in my best interests for the elims to not try and kill me. :)

1 minute ago, The Unknown Aon said:

Hejjo. I have opinions. Don't like Stick. Like Karn. Vote manip go brrrr.

I know that voice... Striker, does your role let you swap people's accounts!?

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

hmm. what I thought was proof turned out otherwise after further inspection. Archer Striker. for now at least.

Out of curiosity, what were you going to bring up? 

17 minutes ago, Archer said:

Devo - The post I mentioned seemed out of character

Actually I'm more pinged by the core reason that they want to see how they handle being in the lead, because the vote has stuck. And PM Saftey!Devo expresses an uncharacteristic desire for a claim, but then talks themselves out of it, which could be them making an argument on behalf of teammate!Mat. 

that doesn't mean I should immediately unvote when I get a response. Stick did eventually indicate a strong desire to live, but I also wanted to see how other people would react to Stick having votes and it turns out that some people voted for Mat while others created an entirely new train on Karnatheon while net votes on Stick decreased, which reads as people not wanting Stick dead. The vote manips tell a different story, with a bunch of votes being removed from Mat and Karnatheon while one was added to Stick which suggests did want to save the former two and were okay with the latter dying so I don't know what's going on. 

I wanted to see what cool and fancy role Mat had that wouldn't belong to an elim but didn't think it would be a good idea for him to actually claim if he could softclear himself like that with e.g. an alignment scanner.

18 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Because it is in my best interests for the elims to not try and kill me.

So if an elim tried to kill you it would bounce off and kill an elim, but you don't want this to happen because you want the elims alive? How do you feel about keeping the village alive?

Possible explanations as I see it. Probably other explanations exist.

Elims forgot to kill.

Elim that submitted kill got blocked by someone.

There is a conversion mechanic and there were no elims or only 1 who did a convert. 

Mat was elim and the elims targeted Striker with the kill.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Aon said:

Conversion actually makes sense I guess.

It does, doesn't it.

Hmm. 

Well, if it's a conversion game Kas should lose his mind, so keep an eye out for that.

Still want to know about Roleblocks, seeing as... bah.

Archer, don't answer this, but do you have an active ability? Something you and Mat think Mat's ability would have worked on?

Kas, you an Epic, or can you Riot from something else?

hi stink

45 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So if an elim tried to kill you it would bounce off and kill an elim, but you don't want this to happen because you want the elims alive? How do you feel about keeping the village alive?

I would like the village to be alive. Or at least most of them, if I can manage it. 

Okay I got sidetracked maybe four times but here. 
From the write-up: 

You cannot harvest cells of Epics who have died in the previous cycles.

?? @|TJ| was he supposed to predict who would die?

Below are quotes from last cycle:

Archer:

“I dislike the argument that we should decide our kill based on the information it might provide. That only really works if we kill an elim”

Not really??? there’s been bunch of times when a village flip has given us enough info to incriminate others because there’s vote analysis etc.

Striker:  

“I’m not voting on stick because of what you’ve said. At least not consciously. It’s because I’ve been looking at what she was saying (admittedly, very quickly) and not liking it”

“I was typing my post voting on Stick as the performers were tuning. You are right that I normally like to add reasons to my votes, but I’ve had so little time outside of doing things these last couple days that the most I’ve been able to manage is votes themselves. As for my reasoning on Stick, it’s mostly not really liking the overall tone of their posts as well as not liking the weird mind meld thing they talked about. And I think that people are reading way too much into the singular question thing.”

@StrikerEZ so were your votes/suspicions cast on me due to you reading me elim or you wanting me dead for neutral wincon reasons? Because if it’s the former, are you saying that you’re officially sided against them? If so, why did you claim? Im asking because you say it was because it’s in the best interests of the elims.

Exp:

“stick 5 karn 4”

This vote count provided last minute is wrong, which I immediately attributed to mean that exp/karn are not e/e because I feel like they’d keep a better track of record if a teammate was getting lynched. Though a more paranoid part of me is considering the possibility that exp rioted their vote to me, which would bring the votes up to 5 - accidentally mixed the VCs up in the heat of the moment and posted the wrong one maybe. Worth thinking about??

The whole last minute train that formed on Karn is interesting and kinda makes me lean village on Aman because he did the same thing to Jon in LGsomethingsomething as V!Aman. Even the reason he cited then was the same as now - aka he related it to the CFD he did at some championship game. I remember this VIVIDLY because that turn was super stressful for me as I was a poor elim tossed into the middle of it xD As for the rest of the Karn voters, I’ll have to evaluate. Will probably ISO Araris at some point this cycle, and as well as Devo and Ash. 

On to the present…we basically gained no info due to the lack of a flip, other than confirmation for Mat’s roleclaim and supporting evidence for at least some parts of Archer’s (i.e. the fact that alignments may not be revealed). I’ve already previously said that I can see Mat’s role being either a village or elim one, so my stance is that Mat was probably elim. Karn/Mat e/e is not impossible, given the vote manip that took off half the Karn votes and two Mat votes. 

47 minutes ago, Karnatheon said:

Possible explanations as I see it. Probably other explanations exist.

Elims forgot to kill.

Elim that submitted kill got blocked by someone.

There is a conversion mechanic and there were no elims or only 1 who did a convert. 

Mat was elim and the elims targeted Striker with the kill.

Hm. What does a kill being blocked entail? Like, wouldn’t the write up show if someone survives the kill? 
also lol if there’s no elims/one elim maybe the birth of one will be what triggers PMs open

1 hour ago, Archer said:

If you're village, @Matrim's Dice if you're allowed to selectively provide no response, could you please give no answer to the first question you would otherwise answer no to? And please answer yes to question three if you're capable of lying.

i may be too tired/sleep deprived to compute but what the heck does this say. I’ve read it four times xD

Edited by _Stick_
‘got’ sidetracked

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

@StrikerEZ so were your votes/suspicions cast on me due to you reading me elim or you wanting me dead for neutral wincon reasons? Because if it’s the former, are you saying that you’re officially sided against them? If so, why did you claim? Im asking because you say it was because it’s in the best interests of the elims.

I’d rather not reveal too much more about my wincon at this point in time.

45 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

It does, doesn't it.

Hmm. 

Well, if it's a conversion game Kas should lose his mind, so keep an eye out for that.

Still want to know about Roleblocks, seeing as... bah.

Archer, don't answer this, but do you have an active ability? Something you and Mat think Mat's ability would have worked on?

Kas, you an Epic, or can you Riot from something else?

hi stink

... If you're telling me bloody TJ scammed me into signing up for a conversion game, we are going to have words. Conversion games can go to Braize! 

Also, you asked me an or question. The answer is yes.

Sigh. Yes, yes, am Epic who forgot I was Epic because I filed my role mentally as Rioter. Have the feeling TJ won't let me live it down. 

Low key tempted to Riot Striker and check which bloc a redirected vote ends up on, but due to the amount of vote manip flying around, have a feeling it'll get complicated. Might be worth a shot though. 

Edited to add:

Let me drop some of the clarifications I received when I asked TJ about my Rioting C1 as some of it diverges from Tyrian EA rulings:

-I don't need to have voted to Riot

-I can't Riot a no vote to a vote

-I can't Riot a vote to a no vote

-I can't Riot anyone who didn't vote

-If someone unvotes and my action fails, then I don't lose my vote 

-I was told that my Riot succeeded 

So if we're postulating an extra vote lost, it has to be a Soothe. Only exception I can think of is the case you pull a vote to the wagon you are already on. No Riot, no vote lost. Plus, can't Riot to no vote. 

Edited by Kasimir

23 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Hm. What does a kill being blocked entail? Like, wouldn’t the write up show if someone survives the kill? 
also lol if there’s no elims/one elim maybe the birth of one will be what triggers PMs open

Generally they don't. Sometimes they do. Probably a good thing to ask @|TJ| before things go nuts.

23 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

i may be too tired/sleep deprived to compute but what the heck does this say. I’ve read it four times xD

My guess is Archer doesn't get a doc, and is trying to get more across to Mat. So something's complicated. 

16 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I’d rather not reveal too much more about my wincon at this point in time.

Feel free not to respond, but I'd take it you'd prefer the game to go on for a fairly long time?

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

... If you're telling me bloody TJ scammed me into signing up for a conversion game, we are going to have words. Conversion games can go to Braize! 

Also, you asked me an or question. The answer is yes.

Sigh. Yes, yes, am Epic who forgot I was Epic because I filed my role mentally as Rioter. Have the feeling TJ won't let me live it down. 

Low key tempted to Riot Striker and check which bloc a redirected vote ends up on, but due to the amount of vote manip flying around, have a feeling it'll get complicated. Might be worth a shot though. 

:P

Good to know. Why I'm not sure yet, but good to know.

Redirecting vote manip tends to get complicated even without at least two other ones. Rioting's probably less dangerous than a Soothe though. And... hmm. Striker's doing my make-people-think job for me.

21 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Feel free not to respond, but I'd take it you'd prefer the game to go on for a fairly long time?

34 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

No comment. :P

21 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

And... hmm. Striker's doing my make-people-think job for me.

What does this mean?

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

No comment. :P

Checks for white text

Fair enough :P

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

What does this mean?

Tricksy hobbitses eat jello squid

Or in other words, if you're telling the truth, this game just got a whole lot more dangerous, and there's really only one way to find out if you're lying. Congratulations, you've stuck yourself in the center of everything. Prepare for a lot of PMs if those happen. I guess Archer's there too. More PMs.

(Anyone working on PMs happening? My intel doesn't reach that far.)

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Checks for white text

Fair enough :P

Tricksy hobbitses eat jello squid

Or in other words, if you're telling the truth, this game just got a whole lot more dangerous, and there's really only one way to find out if you're lying. Congratulations, you've stuck yourself in the center of everything. Prepare for a lot of PMs if those happen. I guess Archer's there too. More PMs.

(Anyone working on PMs happening? My intel doesn't reach that far.)

what? do you mean me? I originally said it for confusion.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

what? do you mean me? I originally said it for confusion.

Well, you can certainly help! New players have a certain chaos to them. Comes from not knowing how other players 'traditionally' act, maybe.

I'm playing this game a bit tricksy. Usually I post RP all day. This time I'm actually trying to figure things out. But I also should go do homework.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Well, you can certainly help! New players have a certain chaos to them. Comes from not knowing how other players 'traditionally' act, maybe.

I'm playing this game a bit tricksy. Usually I post RP all day. This time I'm actually trying to figure things out. But I also should go do homework.

that made almost zero sense.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

that made almost zero sense.

That's sort of the point :P

Right now a significant part of my brain is devoted to figuring out Striker. If I had to guess, a few others' are as well. That means a few things. Tunnelling on E!Liar!Striker or N!Bad-For-Village!Striker, for one. Also that their brains aren't devoted to figuring out other things. That's about all I can say.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

That's sort of the point :P

Right now a significant part of my brain is devoted to figuring out Striker. If I had to guess, a few others' are as well. That means a few things. Tunnelling on E!Liar!Striker or N!Bad-For-Village!Striker, for one. Also that their brains aren't devoted to figuring out other things. That's about all I can say.

Oh I have a few ideas for that Striker is clearly trying to stir up trouble for a reason. and you obviously have some secrets to hide in this game. Striker might be an elim and is trying to draw attention away from other elims by drawing attention to himself.