9 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Huh. Point. I'd categorised it in my head as an infolynch but you're right.

Points to V!Stick and E!Devo too for casting doubt on E!Karn, which is basically where I'm at now, regardless of that info.

Conf bias weeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by Amanuensis

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Points to V!Stick and E!Devo too for casting doubt on E!Karn, which is basically where I'm at now.

I have not put too much weight on this point because in theory, any decent player should be aware of their V and E meta, even if they can't disguise it well:

Devo has been switching up her playstyle in the past game or so, but she was still distinctively in her Village meta in AG8. I would not feel powerfully confident enough about my ability to read her at all that I would stake a lynch on it, but I would not be shocked Pikachu.

Edited to add:

Conf bias weeeeeeeeeeeee

1. Tfw you casually treat the thread like a PM :P

2. It could be, but I think it does shape where you want to LAFO. The more I play SE, the more - as much as I am also influenced by the guilt and terror of a ML and Kas is very much a Windrunner as a Village player - I increasingly appreciate that a discussed lynch is the most powerful informative tool we have, and sometimes the only way to test your thoughts is to: A. argue with other people, and B. let reality punch you in the face by LAFO. Sometimes you really just can't tell a priori - you need empirical evidence.

Edited to add 2:

I'm not talking about myself in the third person, I promise - I was just comparing it to kel's streak of chaos.

Edited by Kasimir

1. Tfw you casually treat the thread like a PM :P

2. It could be, but I think it does shape where you want to LAFO. The more I play SE, the more - as much as I am also influenced by the guilt and terror of a ML and Kas is very much a Windrunner as a Village player - I increasingly appreciate that a discussed lynch is the most powerful informative tool we have, and sometimes the only way to test your thoughts is to: A. argue with other people, and B. let reality punch you in the face by LAFO. Sometimes you really just can't tell a priori - you need empirical evidence.

1. It's simply more fun this way ^_^

I have not put too much weight on this point because in theory, any decent player should be aware of their V and E meta, even if they can't disguise it well:

Devo has been switching up her playstyle in the past game or so, but she was still distinctively in her Village meta in AG8. I would not feel powerfully confident enough about my ability to read her at all that I would stake a lynch on it, but I would not be shocked Pikachu.

2. Yeah, LAFO is where I'm at rn. I've no clue how to read Devo without the knowledge of her deliberately obscuring meta, and by this point I think if she was Village, even while obscuring it, something would have pinged me in that direction. Yay PoE. I guess I'm also not a fan of the questions she's been asking me either; like it's all speculation based around alignments we don't know (which I generally find distracting rather than productive), and supports my Mat/Stick V/V feelz.

9 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

TJ open PMs already before we all go insane

... I should be asleep. Instead I have a quiz I thought was 10 minutes long but was instead 40. rip.

Maybe we should coerce the GM by ganging up on him with votes :ph34r:

RIP. Though I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Karn thing I pointed out, I'm a big advocate of slep. Maybe plug your phone in the wall away from your bed and force yourself to lie in the dark?

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

1. It's simply more fun this way ^_^

2. Yeah, LAFO is where I'm at rn. I've no clue how to read Devo without the knowledge of her deliberately obscuring meta, and by this point I think if she was Village, even while obscuring it, something would have pinged me in that direction. Yay PoE. I guess I'm also not a fan of the questions she's been asking me either; like it's all speculation based around alignments we don't know (which I generally find distracting rather than productive), and supports my Mat/Stick V/V feelz.

1. This is true :P

2. I think someone once told me that Village runs on plausibility and Elims on possibility. One introduces doubt; one cuts down on the probability space by making assessments of likelihood/reasonableness. I think that sort of makes sense. That being said, since I haven't been able to do the hardcore analysis this game so far due to RL stuff, at least I can try to facilitate discussion - and I think it's a good lesson to (re-)learn from the mess that came out of C4 in AG8. And if I'm really wrong and it was a tunnel on Mat, and this is another tunnel, this is probably the best shot we, the Village, collectively get at working that out. Just getting people talking, answering questions, and getting the thoughts out there. But I think it's important to still make the plausibility calls, as a Villager.

3. It's interesting to consider if you're pocketing me and the rest of the thread, but I simply don't have the bandwidth to resolve this, and you seem to be chill and having fun which I think is more important, so whatever. And besides, we're only on C2, and it's not my job - there's a whole Village out there to do the thinking /shrug And if I'm Evil, I have faith that y'all will catch me soon enough if I keep talking too, so whatever :P 

It's nice when it's someone else's problem :D

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

... I should be asleep. Instead I have a quiz I thought was 10 minutes long but was instead 40. rip.

4. RIP I feel u bro good luck! My exam is in two more hours and I have run out of chulls to give and am Zen.

Edited to add:

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Maybe we should coerce the GM by ganging up on him with votes :ph34r:

Suggest a direct assault with the GoT Shame Nun :eyes:

Edited by Kasimir

2. I think someone once told me that Village runs on plausibility and Elims on possibility. One introduces doubt; one cuts down on the probability space by making assessments of likelihood/reasonableness. I think that sort of makes sense. That being said, since I haven't been able to do the hardcore analysis this game so far due to RL stuff, at least I can try to facilitate discussion - and I think it's a good lesson to (re-)learn from the mess that came out of C4 in AG8. And if I'm really wrong and it was a tunnel on Mat, and this is another tunnel, this is probably the best shot we, the Village, collectively get at working that out. Just getting people talking, answering questions, and getting the thoughts out there. But I think it's important to still make the plausibility calls, as a Villager.

2. The plausibility/possibility thing makes sense to me. IMO hardcore analysis is overrated anyway :rolleyes:. As Mat proved, it comes with the expectation that every player will be logical and consistent, that they'll choose their words carefully, which Mat surely didn't while still giving me them Village feelz (which he's apparently got a history with, given his response to my tunnel by the end). Comparably, this Devo/Karn thing doesn't feel like a tunnel to me at least; I just have no other leads, and no one else seems to either, so why not, ya'know? At the end of the Cycle, we still got exe someone.

3. It's interesting to consider if you're pocketing me and the rest of the thread, but I simply don't have the bandwidth to resolve this, and you seem to be chill and having fun which I think is more important, so whatever. And besides, we're only on C2, and it's not my job - there's a whole Village out there to do the thinking /shrug And if I'm Evil, I have faith that y'all will catch me soon enough if I keep talking too, so whatever :P 

I'd be very impressed if I could pull that off after my last elim game :P I definitely feel more comfortable and free in this one, which has made me aware of my failings in AG8 (like, I felt so much need as an elim to excuse myself every time I was absent, and now I really don't give a heck about how me not being around or posting looks). I also got super bogged down in ISOs I didn't even want to do but felt I needed to do to make myself look Village, and ended up being so behind that I couldn't participate much in the present, which is where I thrive as a player (TY MU Champs for introducing me to that playstyle). So basically no pocketing here, definitely not, nope, but next time I roll elim? Y'all better watch out :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

2. The plausibility/possibility thing makes sense to me. IMO hardcore analysis is overrated anyway :rolleyes:. As Mat proved, it comes with the expectation that every player will be logical and consistent, that they'll choose their words carefully, which Mat surely didn't while still giving me them Village feelz (which he's apparently got a history with, given his response to my tunnel by the end). Comparably, this Devo/Karn thing doesn't feel like a tunnel to me at least; I just have no other leads, and no one else seems to either, so why not, ya'know? At the end of the Cycle, we still got exe someone.

LMAO I feel like some players gonna be twitching when they read that :P

But I agree, really. I think it's something my younger self didn't get and that made him awful at SE because he expected exactly that - logic, consistency, carefulness, but really we're all messy human beings and that slices through how we play in all sorts of interesting ways. Which reminds me of what Fifth said about Orlok, that he has that grace built into his playstyle to somehow allow for that messiness and fallibility and I feel like you do that deftly as well, but that's no surprise, I think :P Whatever your alignment, it's at least been a pleasure to watch you at work in the thread. I'm aware one of my many weaknesses as a player is I can side-eye very strongly and deathtunnel someone for doing something I think is illogical so I usually work to hold it back.

Anyway, agreed - it's at least a D1.5 lead; in some ways this should be D2 but doesn't really feel like it because we have a lynch but the results are withheld so the result is we're in some sort of attenuated limbo. But the way to play the game is still the way it's always been. Discuss, verify, confirm.

I'd be very impressed if I could pull that off after my last elim game :P I definitely feel more comfortable and free in this one, which has made me aware of my failings in AG8 (like, I felt so much need as an elim to excuse myself every time I was absent, and now I really don't give a heck about how me not being around or posting looks). I also got super bogged down in ISOs I didn't even want to do but felt I needed to do to make myself look Village, and ended up being so behind that I couldn't participate much in the present, which is where I thrive as a player (TY MU Champs for introducing me to that playstyle).

It's something I've thought about, especially when looking at one Elim doc (can't remember which) after a game, which is that y'all sometimes seem to hold yourselves more strictly than...people really do or care about. Which is odd but not surprising - self-consciousness, I suppose. In that regard, my not having been Evil in living SE memory except maybe for Sart and Araris does put me in an odd position because I will do things and genuinely not know what Evil Kas would do. Of course I can make informed guesses but those guesses are seven years out of date, and I strongly feel that you don't know until you're back in the cursed situation.

But I'm glad you're in this space. Not giving a damn and just playing it your way and doing what makes you happy is probably the way to do this. If doing all that analysis and stuff doesn't make you happy, like what's the point, you know? You're sort of signing up to torture yourself which is...just sad. And I recognise there's an element of this to what I'm doing where I'm trying to rediscover how to play a Village game that doesn't involve fifty layers of guilt and obligation, but it's good to see you have reached that level, because it gives me hope I can find my way out too :P

14 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

So basically no pocketing here, definitely not, nope, but next time I roll elim? Y'all better watch out :ph34r:

Orlok's the one who always wanted to cross blades with you in thread :P This though? I think you just got Araris excited :P 

Hurk. That sucked.

I still haven’t fully poured through the Karn C1. They’re also entirely new in my book (only played with them as Albatross in the AG, which I don’t count because AG, Dingo, what have you), although I’ve underestimated how much they’ve actually played. That vote… doesn’t make much sense, unless they wanted info…

If you guys don’t trust it I’ll take it. But idk what that even means. I sleep now.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Hurk. That sucked.

I still haven’t fully poured through the Karn C1. They’re also entirely new in my book (only played with them as Albatross in the AG, which I don’t count because AG, Dingo, what have you), although I’ve underestimated how much they’ve actually played. That vote… doesn’t make much sense, unless they wanted info…

If you guys don’t trust it I’ll take it. But idk what that even means. I sleep now.

I mean, still gotta wait to hear from Karn, IMO. More data the merrier.

But I suppose the point is - why would you vote Archer for info? Suspicion he's lying? But if you're a Village Epic, then you have prima facie evidence that Village Epics can and do exist, right? So why is it startling and what info do you really need? What info do you expect to get from an Archer lynch?

Sleep well, Ash :P Thanks for joining the Thread PMs, even if Dingo ghosted my Star Wars meme PM :ph34r:

It's something I've thought about, especially when looking at one Elim doc (can't remember which) after a game, which is that y'all sometimes seem to hold yourselves more strictly than...people really do or care about. Which is odd but not surprising - self-consciousness, I suppose. In that regard, my not having been Evil in living SE memory except maybe for Sart and Araris does put me in an odd position because I will do things and genuinely not know what Evil Kas would do. Of course I can make informed guesses but those guesses are seven years out of date, and I strongly feel that you don't know until you're back in the cursed situation.

But I'm glad you're in this space. Not giving a damn and just playing it your way and doing what makes you happy is probably the way to do this. If doing all that analysis and stuff doesn't make you happy, like what's the point, you know? You're sort of signing up to torture yourself which is...just sad. And I recognise there's an element of this to what I'm doing where I'm trying to rediscover how to play a Village game that doesn't involve fifty layers of guilt and obligation, but it's good to see you have reached that level, because it gives me hope I can find my way out too :P

Holy chull, 7 years??? No wonder you're traumatized in both alignments. I really think that, while you hate it because of past experiences, you desperately need an elim game to get you out of your village guilt slump. Maybe a few elim games even. I think whenever we have too long a streak in either, our growth as a player stagnates and the stress of failure accumulates. Variety is the spice of life, and alignment variety is the spice of gameplay / sanity.

Not giving a damn is great, 10/10, would recommend. Still doing something that was once fun but longer isn't is a sign of addiction and addiction is inherently self-destructive. Also expectations bad because like you pointed out, human beings are messy and can't always perform optimally, which is perfectly okay. We gotta be willing to give ourselves the same leeway that we'd give other people, which I think we both struggle doing IRL and IG.

I'm confident you'll find the zen too :D just gotta follow the fun!

Orlok's the one who always wanted to cross blades with you in thread :P This though? I think you just got Araris excited :P 

Looking forward to it on two fronts then ^_^

ED1T:

Goodnight Ash! I'll probably stop constantly refreshing the page now, get something to eat, and play a few games of Valorant until more people wake up then. I'm sure people will be groaning about all the new pages we've made in their absence and will appreciate the break :P

Edited by Amanuensis

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Holy chull, 7 years??? No wonder you're traumatized in both alignments. I really think that, while you hate it because of past experiences, you desperately need an elim game to get you out of your village guilt slump. Maybe a few elim games even. I think whenever we have too long a streak in either, our growth as a player stagnates and the stress of failure accumulates. Variety is the spice of life, and alignment variety is the spice of gameplay.

Not giving a damn is great, 10/10, would recommend. Still doing something that was once fun but longer isn't is a sign of addiction and addiction is inherently self-destructive. Also expectations bad because like you pointed out, human beings are messy and can't always perform optimally, which is perfectly okay. We gotta be willing to give ourselves the same leeway that we'd give other people, which I think we both struggle doing IRL and IG.

I'm confident you'll find the zen too :D just gotta follow the fun!

I don't deny you're probably right, and I think you're the...seventh? Probably? SE person to tell me I badly need an Elim game, but traumatised in both alignments probably isn't the wrong way to put it. Even as much as everything screams in me about hating Evil and that an Elim game is going to be a disaster and also, urgh, LG20/MR9 flashbacks everywhere >>

But rationally, y'all are right, yeah.

Yeah, I'm just trying to find a way out of the self-destruction. The RP didn't do it for me but apparently turning the thread into PMs works just fine :P And ganging up on TJ :ph34r:

Still, I'm really glad the alignment shift is doing it for you :P

12 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Looking forward to it on two fronts then ^_^

Just do me a favour and NK me Night 0 :P It will be blissfully peaceful in the dead doc! No paranoia! :D 

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

No promises there :P gotta see if I can pocket you despite the paranoia, y'know. But I promise to at least consider it :D

All I can ask :eyes:

I am the Last Son of House Urbain.

People pocket me, and I stab them in the face for it :D 

Bring it :eyes:

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Uhm. I’ll go out on a limb and say Kas/Aman v/v.
Could be e/v or v/e but I’d bet against it, at least at this stage

If they end up e/e I will simply kick someone

Would be a novel play, I'd grant. Pocketing the thread by bantering good-naturedly and being genuine.

Very Gaotona ¯\_㋡_/¯

Who needs bussing when you can just be bros?

Just now, Amanuensis said:

TBH I think this just needs to be the mindset everyone approaches these games.

Friends first, Villagers/Elims second.

Gentleman Killers ya'know. Fun over victory!

Tbf, would be a fun way to do it E/E.

Wholesome af.

Just here to chill and play with bros :P 

7 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

My reads from yesterday:

Exes I'm cool with: Devo, Szeth, Tani, Mint, Dannex, probably in that order.

ED1T:

Kinda would like to give Devo more time, but also would be the most informational exe, so /shrug

Dannnex is kinda a weird one for me because I'm both leaning Village for him and pretty confident he has a role, which could be good info to have from a low-active kill, but would be me exeing a villager deliberately so doesn't feel good enough

Umm this doesn't look good to me at all. Didn't you very recently say you wanted to vote on an inactive because we don't know the info we're getting? (I know, or am pretty sure it was you, that said you wanted to vote a less active. Don't remember the exact reasoning though). But this is kind of a red flag for me cause you go on to say that you want to vote Devo cause they would be the most info. 

9 hours ago, Experience said:

Umm this doesn't look good to me at all. Didn't you very recently say you wanted to vote on an inactive because we don't know the info we're getting? (I know, or am pretty sure it was you, that said you wanted to vote a less active. Don't remember the exact reasoning though). But this is kind of a red flag for me cause you go on to say that you want to vote Devo cause they would be the most info. 

I can want to do lots of things :D but I'm happiest with Devo or Karn rn

ED1T:

To clarify, y'all are seeing my solving process in real time :P at first I was down to aim for the low-active pool because I'm sure one of them is an elim, but that essentially boils down to a guessing game with little gain if they are Village. Meanwhile, I've worked my way to feeling pretty good about one of Devo/Karn being elim, if not both, and they've both done more to analyze. Plus I highly doubt they're both Village, so by encouraging both exes simultaneously, we should see who the elims favor.

Or, better put, it's not even about info gain. It's about using the exe on the best elim!candidate.

Edited by Amanuensis

I'm not sure I'll continue the spreadsheet analysis beyond the end of D1, as it takes ~90 minutes per page of thread, but have progressed it, and will post what I have for now.

Full, in a spoiler box as have posted first 102 posts already:

Spoiler

Cycle Post Player Summary Vote Retractions Thoughts AI (perceived) Notable connections
One 1 TJ Writeup GM GM GM GM GM
One 2 Experience Asks if PMs are open N/A N/A Trivial to check in rules. Performative? Mild evil None
One 3 TJ Clarifies that PMs are closed GM GM GM GM GM
One 4 Kasimir Answers Experience, says PMs default closed, but may open. N/A N/A Has read rules NAI None
One 5 Ashbringer Poke vote on Matrim's Dice, no content Matrim's Dice N/A Prepared to vote early Unsure Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 6 Archer Suggests wording of TJ's PM clarification makes a PM role less likely, but that they had been assuming one. Votes on Kas. RP Kasimir N/A Blackout game - interesting to assume anything. Reason for making speculation public? Vote on Kas - who has engaged. Value? Not putting pressure as not given reason, so why Kas? Ask. Very mild evil Votes on Kasimir
One 7 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Asks how this works, says first game, needs to know ehther we vote each post N/A N/A Consider giving benefit of doubt. However, reading even one page of one game would give answer to this, feels very much like playing up being new Moderate evil None
One 8 Kasimir RP, poke vote on Devotary. Asks TJ to get IM to give Thaidakar information on how to play. Tells Thaidakar how to vote. Devotary N/A Feels genuine re Thaidakar - might be prepared to rule out Thaidakar/Kasimir e/e. Doesn't address Archer, but nothing to address If Thaidakar evil, moderate village Helpful/genuine to Thaidakar, poke votes Devotary
One 9 Experience Quotes Archer RP, thinks they've found "the krrok", votes on Archer. RPs Archer N/A Presume vote is RP related, not sure I follow. Archer not unreasonable vote given vote on Kas Likely NAI Votes on Archer
One 10 Illwei Votes on Dannnex Dannnex N/A Poke vote NAI Votes on Dannnex
One 11 Experience Makes bad joke about Illwei's post N/A N/A None NAI None
One 12 Illwei Suggests Experience's joke is a dad joke N/A N/A None NAI None
One 13 Ashbringer Answers Thaidakar about whether they have to vote in every post N/A N/A None NAI Helpful to Thaidakar
One 14 Dannnex Votes on TJ, suggests it's a joke TJ N/A Has worked in some games, doesn't contribute to thread NAI None
One 15 Matrim's Dice Votes on Thaidakar, says "hi", doesn't want to kill them, asks if they've read the rules/etiquette thread. Will RP, is glad that there won't be D1 distro discussion Thaidakar N/A Friendly post. Agree that distribution discussion often of limited value. NAI Friendly vote on Thaidakar
One 16 Stick Multiquotes a number of posts. Agrees with Archer that PMs might come from an event. Explains how game works to Thaidakar. N/A N/A None NAI None
One 17 TJ Unimpressed meme in response to Dannnex's vote GM GM GM GM GM
One 18 Kasimir Makes joke in response to TJ meme N/A N/A None NAI None
One 19 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Votes on Dannnex, clarifies they do not want to kill them Dannnex N/A Unsure. Could be eliminator overworrying about poke vote, or could be villager not understanding meta. Why Dannnex? Unsure Votes on Dannnex
One 20 Archer Says last game e!JNV was asking questions like that (like what? Presume like one asked by Thaidakar?). Suggests non-partisan assistance the way to go. Asks if anyone else got a weirdly specific role TJ is PAFOing questions about. Asks Thaidakar what their plan is given their clarification about Dannnex N/A N/A Making role claim of game material consequence. Baiting a kill/pretending to to justify not being attacked later on? More likely latter, could equally be baiting roles investigating to discover targets? Very mild village None
One 21 Stick Comments on TJ's meme N/A N/A None NAI None
One 22 Matrim's Dice Asks for clarification from Archer on e!JNV N/A N/A Fair question None Less likely e!Matrim/e!Archer
One 23 Kasimir Comments on Archer's thoughts on Thaidakar/JNV parallels. Questions whether Thaidakar playing up new player image, considers it currently NAI N/A N/A Agree worth acknowledging possibility. NAI Acknowledges possibility of e!Thaidakar
One 24 Archer Says they didn't mean JNV but meant JungleFiend N/A N/A Verifiable NAI None
One 25 Stick Quotes aArcher, notes their role claim. Also claims to have been bombarding TJ with questions, and to have recieved PAFOs in response. N/A N/A Also, therefore, claiming a role. Question whether gained any information more widely useful from questions. If claiming early possession of role, then potential target regardless - value in claiming specifics of role? Unless knows game role madness (TMI?) and therefore feels safe claiming? Mild evil Questions Archer
One 26 TJ Clarifies meme GM GM GM GM GM
One 27 Szeth Pancakes Explicit poke vote on StrikerEZ StrikerEZ N/A None NAI Poke votes on StrikerEZ
One 28 Matrim's Dice Has asked GM question that wasn't PAFO'd. N/A N/A What was question about? NAI None
One 29 Kasimir Expresses incredulity at questions being asked N/A N/A Attempting to suggest no role? NAI None
One 30 Ashbringer Comments on Fog/Frog confusion N/A N/A None NAI None
One 31 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Responds to Archer, says they said they didn't want to kill Dannnex when voting on them because Dannnex said the same to them N/A N/A Feels genuine, mistaken about who voted on them Mild village None
One 32 Stick Says asking questions knowing they'll receive PAFOs, asking anyway N/A N/A Reinforcing roleclaim? Unsure None
One 33 TJ Comments on title confusion GM GM GM GM GM
One 34 Devotary RP, votes on Ashbringer for RP reasons Ashbringer N/A Reasonable poke vote target NAI Poke/RP vote on Ashbringer
One 35 Kasimir Makes comments on title puns N/A N/A None NAI None
One 36 Tani Questions TJ about his meme N/A N/A None NAI None
One 37 Dannnex Tells Thaidakar it was Matrim's Dice who voted on them N/A N/A None NAI None
One 38 Matrim's Dice Corrects Thaidakar about having voted on them. Suggests Szeth's poke vote might be a Szeth elim tell, but could just be normal behaviour N/A N/A Gut dislike of equivocation on Szeth Very mild evil None
One 39 Kasimir Quotes Matrim's Dice about Szeth, retracts on Devotary, votes on Matrim. Matrim's Dice Devotary If vote is from quote, understandable Very mild good Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 40 Illwei Doesn't believe Thaidakar e/e with Dannnex or Matrim's Dice. Thinks Matrim probably village for not voting on Szeth N/A N/A I disliked the equivocation on Szeth, but can see how it could be seen as uncertain villager. Agree re Thaidakar. Attempt to solve game Mild good Matrim more likely village
One 41 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Apologises for getting Matrim and Dannnex confused, says their head exploded from amount they're keeping track of N/A N/A Not sure too much to keep track of at this point? Mild evil None
One 42 Matrim's Dice RP. Replies to Kasimir about a "shuffle squat" N/A N/A Unsure what they're referring to NAI None
One 43 Kasimir Questions Matrim about his Szeth equivocation N/A N/A Agree worth probing Unsure Interrogating Matrim
One 44 Archer Quotes Devotary's RP, asks them whether they're claiming not to be an epic. Says Matrim's take is interesting N/A N/A Reinforces claim to be an Epic. Question why insistent on role claiming Unsure None
One 45 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Votes on Archer Archer Dannnex Archer definitely up to something, unsure whether villager gambit or elim. Absence of justification makes me suspect less likely elim jumping on this Moderate village Votes on Archer
One 46 Matrim's Dice Meant that they thought Szeth's poke vote was just something Szeth does. Asks Thaidakar why they voted on Archer N/A N/A Unclear therefore why they posted it Mild evil None
One 47 Devotary Responds to Archer, says that Reckoners are famously not Epics. N/A N/A Not a village aligned Epic, isn't aware of them Very marginally more likely evil None
One 48 Tani Votes on TJ TJ N/A Not useful NAI None
One 49 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Says vote on Archer due to gut N/A N/A Feels good from new player - I think an elim more likely to justify themselves Mild village None
One 50 Araris RP. Suggests Thaidakar be responsible with vote placing. Assists Kas with "shuffle thing" votes on Mat Matrim's Dice N/A Equally, voting gives more information to consider. What is meant by shuffle thing? Unsure Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 51 Stick Votes on Tani, makes joke about them wanting a train on TJ Tani N/A Not a serious vote NAI Joke vote on Tani
One 52 Experience Asks whether Archer has an Epic role they want to tell us about N/A N/A Archer has been hinting at a role - worth questioning it. Think questioning it is NAI. Also unaware of village aligned Epics - marginally more likely to be evil NAI Questions Archer
One 53 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Reacts to Araris with alarm, says did not realise vote is tool meant to kill someone N/A N/A Respectfully, fairly basic part of game that vote to lynch. Feels like performative overreaction Moderate evil None
One 54 Matrim's Dice Replies to Araris, suggests voting also a tool to gauge reactions to being voted on, takes Thaidakar's misunderstanding at face value. Says only they and Kas can shuffle. N/A N/A Agree re voting as tool for information NAI None
One 55 Ashbringer Points out that Matrim has three votes on them N/A N/A Themself included as a poke vote. Why leaving vote on given build up of votes? Unsure. Not sure Matrim feels under pressure, why leave vote on? None
One 56 Araris Says they can also shuffle with Kas. Asks Ashbringer who the third vote is N/A N/A Keep the flirting out of thread, gentlemen. NAI None
One 57 Ashbringer Says they were first vote on Matrim N/A N/A Continued absence of justification for prolonged poke vote Very mild evil None
One 58 Stick Says they were ninja'd by Araris, and missed Ashbringer's vote N/A N/A Fair enough NAI None
One 59 Araris Suggests thread should put more votes on other players N/A N/A None NAI None
One 60 Experience Votes on Araris Araris N/A Feels like vote purely responsive NAI None
One 61 Matrim's Dice Says they've been the leading train two hours into in D1 six times, has been lynched D1 once N/A N/A Feels unconcerned by pressure, think NAI - vote lead two hours into D1 unlikely to hold as they point out NAI None
One 62 Araris Insists on being voted on, isn't often voted out D1, is in LG N/A N/A Nonchalance about being voted out Probably NAI None
One 63 Stick Wary of Experience and Thaidakar, attributes it to gut N/A N/A Agree re both Mild village Wary of Thaidakar and Experience
One 64 Experience Offers Stick a cookie to assuage their gut N/A N/A Not worried about it Very mild village None
One 65 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Is also beginning to think Experience is suspicious N/A N/A Agree, want to see reasoning. Reactive to Stick's suspicion? Mild evil Suspicious of Experience
One 66 Ashbringer Asks whether people mind mind games. N/A N/A Point of asking? Unsure None
One 67 Experience RP N/A N/A NAI NAI None
One 68 Matrim's Dice Gut village of Stick, Ashbringer, TJ. Null on Thaidakar and Araris, thinks Kas and Experience feel normal, but that that's not necessarily village, might be in Kas' case N/A N/A Would question gut takes, now seen Matrim's alignment. Known non-village See post
One 69 Experience Notes Matrim included GM in village reads N/A N/A NAI NAI None
One 70 Araris Matrim putting GM in village reads makes them want to leave their vote on them N/A N/A Not sure I see it as anything more than a joke Very mild evil None
One 71 Ashbringer Says hello to Striker N/A N/A Presume Striker was viewing the thread NAI None
One 72 Striker RP. Votes on Matrim's Dice as one of the times they vote on them early in D1 exe has to be right. Has bad gut read on them. Says will disappear for a while after post. Asks for vote count Matrim's Dice N/A Obviously (and probably deliberately) poor logic for vote on Matrim's Dice. Why ask for vote count if disappearing? Gut mild evil Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 73 Tani "VC: Numbers" N/A N/A Joke NAI None
One 74 TUA RP. Says they should add game comments, but don't have any. Might just RP and chill N/A N/A If not going to make comments, not contributing as village, impossible to solve. Should policy lynch at appropriate point Functionally not village None
One 75 Matrim's Dice Says they're aware that TJ is the GM, and putting them as village was taking an active stance against people voting for him. Points out that Striker's logic on voting for him based on past games is flawed. Says amazing that can get village read in one game and elim read in another without changing playstyle. Says Striker objectively wrong to claim they're not talking to anyone N/A N/A Unlikely that eliminators woudl actively seek to change their playstyle. Feels slightly performative, moot point, known non village. Think Striker's point was RP only? Known non-village None
One 76 Illwei Thinks Experience and Araris village. Thinks Thaidakar not e/e with Matrim, Dannnex, or Stick, Experience not e/e with Araris or Archer, Ashbringer not e/e with Striker. Leaning village on Ashbringer for poking Striker when Striker was viewing the thread, thinks NAI in reality. Suspicious of Kasimir for attempt to appear normal N/A N/A Would like to see justifications for team exclusions. Need to check notes, agree with at least some, but would be helpful to have called out what they're reliant on. Like being clear with reads. Mild village See post
One 77 Archer Says they are an epic, wants to figure out if everyone is an Epic. Claims their role is that they can ask dead people questions if their alignment hasn't been confirmed. Asks if anyone is not an epic N/A N/A Bold to assume everyone an Epic from their own role. Unsure where additional information from. If role true, feels more likely village aligned than elim aligned. Odd role to make up, easily verifiable. Don't think an eliminator would know immediately that village aligned epics exist pre-D1 lynch. Moderately hard clear village? Sceptical of Devotary
One 78 Illwei Tells people not to answer Archer asking if anyone isn't an Epic N/A N/A Agree generally with wisdom of not roleclaiming, dislike Illwei asserting it as wisdom - both useful to see who makes claims, and potentially claiming cred for saying village-like things Mild evil None
One 79 TUA Claims to be a regular N/A N/A Don't think AI. Could be villager seeking to make themselves less of a target (not sure villagers actually should do so), or elim seeking to avoid havign to explain actions down the road NAI None
One 80 Archer Votes on Illwei, as thinks they have said previously that secrecy of blackout distributions favours eliminators. Illwei Kasimir Actions consistent with stated beliefs. Feels genuine. Moderate village Votes on Illwei
One 81 STINK Asks whether it's worth them reading the last four pages N/A N/A Always, but not inconsistent with historic playstyle NAI None
One 82 Matrim's Dice Doesn't know how Archer could confirm no vanilla roles without access to the player list. N/A N/A Known non-village Known non-village None
One 83 Striker Responds to Matrim, says not talking to anyone was RP reason for vote. Retracts from Matrim, votes on Stink STINK Matrim's Dice Why retract vote? One substantive Matrim post in interim - what in it made them retract? Stink being consistent - easy vote? Mild evil Votes on Stink
One 84 Matrim's Dice Acknowledges Striker's RP N/A N/A None NAI None
One 85 STINK Quotes Striker's vote, "Truly great to be back" N/A N/A None NAI None
One 86 Devotary Replies to Archer, says it is their RP character who isn't an Epic. Says bold move for Archer to claim Epic in game where elim team are corrupted Epics N/A N/A Actively isn't claiming vanilla. Not sure Epic claim if elims listed as corrupted Epics is so bold - question what Devotary meant by this. Gut moderate evil Sus of Archer?
One 87 Experience Elims being "corrupted" epics leads them to think there are some villager epics N/A N/A Very fair assumption. Reassess alignment indicativeness of Archer claim. Read rules in greater depth myself next game. NAI None
One 88 Matrim's Dice Elims being corrupted epics not just epics, villagers being Reckoner Allies not Reckoners implies village epics, ninja'd by Experience N/A N/A Very fair assumption. Reassess alignment indicativeness of Archer claim. Read rules in greater depth myself next game. Known non-village None
One 89 Striker Trivial reply to STINK N/A N/A None NAI None
One 90 TUA Is claiming regular N/A N/A None new NAI None
One 91 Devotary Expects a higher percentage of epics than regulars to be eliminators. Non-epics on corrupted epics team would be funny N/A N/A Possibly, but more villagers than elims, so epic not necessarily more likely to be elim than village. Don't think it justifies assessment of Archer's claim as bold Mild evil None
One 92 Stick Expresses incredulity at Archer's claim, suggests they might be setting themself up for the night kill. Says we shouldn't be mass claiming N/A N/A Gut read as performative Mild evil None
One 93 Ashbringer Says we need Elims to claim Reckoners, or what Devotary said N/A N/A Not quite sure I follow Unsure None
One 94 Archer Isn't sure whether Devotary elim or vanilla villager. Thinks some level of claiming necessary in blackout gain to understand the game. Had initially assumed everyone was an Epic, thinks TUA's defence of Devotary so indirect it felt genuine. N/A N/A Agree re interrogation of Devotary. Why assume everyone an Epic based on their own role - feels odd. But again, odder to assume as an eliminator. Mild village Suspicious of Devotary
One 95 Illwei Blackout of all information favours eliminators, but this does not mean total openness favours village. Village claims narrow NK possibilities for eliminators. Will treat further elim claims as elim. N/A N/A Very odd to say vanilla claims will be read as evil. Feels llike threat to make people not claim, as not reliable alignment-discerning tool, which Illwei must know. Plausible to want to dissuade village claims regardless of alignment Mild evil from coercion None
One 96 TJ Vote count GM GM GM GM GM
One 97 Ashbringer Says we should be cautious nitpicking GM PMs, and thinks doing so might be against the rules N/A N/A Not sure spirit of the rules precludes questioning GM in blackout game, if so, poorly written rule. NAI None
One 98 TUA Says they may have stepped over the line of not nitpicking GM PMs N/A N/A Not sure they did NAI None
One 99 STINK Thought game would have PMs N/A N/A Indirectly implying no doc to chat in? Plausibly performative Unsure None
One 100 Matrim's Dice Asks whether there are neutral roles, as factions section of rules is definitive. Doesn't see a reason not to vote for Dannnex, votes for them Dannnex Thaidakar Why would GM give clarity in blackout game. Known non-village, suggests thought of themselves as neutral Known non-village None
One 101 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Asks how much RP this game involves, and whether they should RP N/A N/A Can read thread and see not everyone RPing - performative? Unsure Unsure None
One 102 Matrim's Dice Tells Thaidakar that RP is optional, encourages them to introduce their character N/A N/A NAI Known non-village None
One 103 Archer Asks Stink if they would like a PM from a PM person. Thinks Matrim worded joke about GM to avoid suggesting being in the elim doc. Raises the question of what TJ did that makes this game blackout. Tells Thaidakar to RP if they want to, and that it normally makes up less than 20% of posted content N/A N/A Claiming PM ability? Query what they meant here. Not sure I buy wording point - feels overly uncharitable explanation. Tunnelling villager? Consider elim seeking to cement D1 safe lynch Gut mild village Tunnelling on Matrim's Dice
One 104 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Thanks Archer for RP advice, says they will get better at game as they understand it more N/A N/A Trying to read charitably, remain concerned that overdoing being a new player Mild evil None
One 105 Illwei Thinks Experience, Araris and Archer are village. Thinks Stick is an elim. Believes Thaidakar isn't teamed with Mat, Dannnex or Stick, Exprerience isn't e/e with Araris or Archer, and Ashbringer not e/e with Striker. Thinks Ashbringer village for prodding Striker whilst they were viewing thread. Suspicious of Kas for trying to seem normal. Thinks Stick is an elim because interacting but not providing thoughts Thinks Archer's point on Matrim comes from a village perspective. Says you can't read into Stink wanting PMs, but if STINK is evil wonders about number of elims had checked in by then N/A N/A Read Illwei as village. Agree with much of thought process re Archer, like the exclusionary connections Moderate village See post
One 106 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Asks what an elim is N/A N/A Very much feels over-playign being new. Elims is a very natural shortening for Eliminators, with plenty of context, and Eliminators as evil players is very clear at top of rules doc, which they say they read. New/inexperienced does not mean has no reading comprehension Strong evil. Don't like lynching new players early, but shouldn't give them a free pass either None
One 107 Dannnex Tells Thaidakar what an eliminator is N/A N/A Less likely e/e with Thaidakar NAI Less likely e/e with Thaidakar
One 108 STINK Reiterates what RP is, says they'd welcome a PM, jokes about structure of Illwei's post N/A N/A None NAI None
One 109 Matrim's Dice Replies to Archer's suggestion they deliberately worded post to avoid mentioning elim doc. Doesn't think liek that when elim, thinks more likely to reword as village to avoid seeming like elim. Doesn't think there has to be something that makes it mandatory that it's blackout, though there probably is N/A N/A Dislike point about self meta. Feels too defensive when point made is spurious anyway Mild evil None
One 110 Illwei Retracts on Dannnex, votes on Stick Stick Dannnex Consistent with prior post NAI Votes on Stick
One 111 Szeth Pancakes Going to be low activity because of life N/A N/A None NAI None
One 112 Archer RP N/A N/A None NAI None
One 113 Experience Asks people to PM them if they can. No new thoughts, wants to review Illwei if Stick or Dannnex flip elim N/A N/A Trying to imply Illwei/Dannnex team? Knowledge that one of Stick/Dannex evil? Very mild evil None
One 114 Illwei Asks Experience why they think Illwei would vote for teammates off the bat D1 N/A N/A Distancing, but fair point to raise - is an odd singular thought to have Very mild good None
One 115 Experience Doesn't think Illwei is voting for teammates, but was making a mental note based off a gut feeling N/A N/A Was making an explicit, not a mental note. Very mild evil None
One 116 Matrim's Dice Reading Experience as solidly village. Disagrees with Illwei about Stick being elim N/A N/A Gut dislike post Unsure Reads Experience village, Stick not elim
One 117 Illwei Asks Mat why they think Experience is solidly village N/A N/A Question worth asking Mild good None
One 118 Tani Claims to be Epic called ricochet. Asks whether red highlit roles can be villagers N/A N/A Not first Epic claim, elim team now aware of villae epics. Think question about red likely misinterpretation. Question why making claim Unsure, gut village None
One 119 Matrim's Dice Says thinks Experience village because of their type of post - suggests when they're an elim they avoid posting random takes and do less fluff, thinks e!Experience might be more reserved N/A N/A Gut strong dislike of bringing up own elim meta Moderate evil Thinks Experience village
One 120 JNV RP, is suspicious of Thaidakar for being too clueless. Doesn't remember being that confused when new, but thinks it could happen so won't vote for them N/A N/A Agree strongly, not e/e with Thaidakar Moderate village Not e/e with Thaidakar, thinks Thaidakar acting too confused
One 121 Experience Is cglad to be acting like v!Mat N/A N/A None NAI None
One 122 Matrim's Dice Thought Thaidakar just didn't read the rules. Agrees you should probably know what an elim is after reading main intro page, thinks that leans into territory of assuming how someone learns. N/A N/A Agree that being charitable important, think not knowing what elim is is going too far. New does not equal unintelligent. If evil, look much more heavily at Thaidakar Mild-moderate evil Defending Thaidakar
One 123 Tani RPs as Ricochet N/A N/A Is ricochet just RP character or is it a roleclaim? Unsure None
One 124 Kasimir Thinks Devotary's comment on taking out epics on principle is RP reason, comments on Archer pushing on it. Thinsk Devotary/Archer exchange is odd. Thinks Experience asking Archer whether they have an Epic roles comes from village perspective that Epics = bad. Has negative gut read of Thaidakar because feels like they're playing things up. Is suspicious of Araris for inviting D1 votes. Thinks Thaidakar's suspicions of Experience feel like sheeping. Dislikes Archer's claim, but thinks it is in character for them. Is interested that Illwei defensive about voting for teammates D1 - says they did so LG78 and LG74. Votes Karnatheon because they were viewing thread Karnatheon N/A Agree re negative gut read of Thaidakar. Disagree with reads of Experience and Illwei. Gut dislike of tone which I can't put my finger on. Gut mild evil Negative gut read of Thaidakar, defence of Devotary, Experience, sus of Illwei?
One 125 Experience Isn't complaining about being village read by Matrim N/A N/A None NAI None
One 126 Elandera IM reminder IM IM IM IM IM
One 127 Araris Thinks Matrim's reads list felt insincere N/A N/A Fair enough Mild village None
One 128 Kasimir Has bad gut read on Araris and Thaidakar, won't push Araris on their gut whilst sticking to their own N/A N/A Is read on Thaidakar gut? Or downplaying it having called it out as distancing? Very mild evil Bad gut read of Araris and Thaidakar
One 129 Devotary Thinks all corrupted epics will be epics, therefore the elim epic/villager epic ratio much higher than elim regular/village regular ratio. Won't clear anyone for not being an Epic, but can't see corrupted epics not having epics N/A N/A Walking back claim within same post as suggesting elims have no regulars. Moderate evil None
One 130 Illwei Says question about voting D1 was specifically to Experience, who was on team with them when they bussed D1. Thinks it was an odd thing for Experience to say. Thinks people commenting on epics being bad is an elim slip from not realising epics aren't just evil N/A N/A Fair enough re Experience. Had same thought process on epics = bad - whilst I'm not sure it is an elim slip necessarily, think thought process of Illwei's comes from villager. Moderate village None
One 131 Striker Retracts from Stink, votes on Illwei Illwei STINK No justification, think Illwei's points have made sense - why the vote? Mild evil Votes on Illwei
One 132 Matrim's Dice Asks Kas whether they think Devotary/Archer exhancge is e/e. Says that Kas' point re Thaidakar was one made by JNV, which they agreed with. Liked how Stick was interacting with thread. Doubts they'll seriously elim read Kas because they're just too villagery. Thinks Striker is village N/A N/A Dislike strongly the village read on Kas. e/e? Reason for thinkign Striker village? Mild evil Reads Kas and Striker as village
One 133 Striker Says they're indeed a villager N/A N/A Joke, NAI NAI None
One 134 Ashbringer Idea about alignments lying to us got stuck in head with Archer's claim. Wonders whether villagers all epics, elims all not. Says would fall apart upon claiming. N/A N/A Think very heavily overthinking Unsure None
One 135 Araris Thinks village roles all differing from elim roles does not necessarily entail game being solvable N/A N/A Fair point, particularly in backout with no roles confirmed to exist NAI None
One 136 Szeth Pancakes Retracts from Striker quoting their post N/A Striker Why retract on basis of that post? Unsure None
One 137 Experience Responds to Illwei, thinks they might have D1 voted teammates becuase they did that in game Experience and Illwei were e/e N/A N/A Gut read that post feels slightly off Gut mild evil None
One 138 Amanuensis RP. Vote count, votes on Matrim's Dice Matrim's Dice N/A Unexplained, puts Matrim ahead of Archer Unsure Votes on Matrim's Dice, breaking tie with Archer
One 139 Karnatheon Votes on Archer for claiming Epic, says whether irs alignment indicative or not would get information in blackout situation. Asks Tani whether they're also claiming an Epic or whether they were establishing RP character Archer N/A Very strongly dislike vote. Particularly with Archer's claimed role, information motivated vote does not feel justified Moderate evil Votes on Archer
One 140 TJ Corrects Amanuensis' vote count GM GM GM GM GM
One 141 Kasimir Replies to Devotary. Thinks even if all elims are epics, the monent we discard assumption that all villagers non-epic, we are committed to significant, non-zero number of village epics. Can see Illwei's point re Experience. Asks Striker to explain their vote on Illwei. HAs no opinion on whether Archer/Devotary exchange is e/e. Thinks reading Devotary's claim as RP is natural read of it. Thinks Thaidakar's voting inconsistent with amount of newness they claim. Stick hasn't popped out to them. Returns to village epic debate. If Archer's claim plausible, and plausible that Archer not evil, then committed to not being able to draw epic/non-Epic line in terms of roles/alignments. Finds idea intuitively compelling. Finds it too strong to assume all epics are evil, wants to know base rate of epic occurrence to make claims about whether a given Epic is more likely to be village or not. Thinks Devo/Archer/Illwei discussion, however, is hinged on wgat elims would perceive the safe thing to say is - would a villager be more likely to think that Epics are likely to be evil? Think if elims have regulars, less likely to worry about suggesting village epics. If elim team all epics, reasinable for them to be cautious about claiming village epics. Thinks elims would want to stay away from Epic claims, suggests Devotary agrees. Notes category of players who believe people who claim epics are evil are sus, puts Illwei and Archer in this category, suggests Matrim's Dice and Experience both also push back against this idea. Thinks Experience, Karnatheon, and possibly TUA believe epics are evil. Asks Ashbringer and Amanuensis their views. Has negative read on Experience for pushing Archer on their Epic claim whilst pushign back on the idea that epics are evil. Negative on Thaidakar for overly claiming newness. Negative gut on Araris. Cricket meme(?) on Archer. Positive on Devotary, rethinking. Light positive on Aman and Illwei N/A N/A If of the view that elims would want to stay away from epic claims, committed to Archer not being elim? Suggests that it is not intuitive that epics can be good. Large amount of time spent considering this. Think view on Archer inconistent with positions stated in this post Mild/moderate evil See post
One 142 Ashbringer Thinks Archer's claim is bold for a lie, but that it's a long shot to bluff. Says theyd be group A (believes elims would want to stay far away from epic claims or view that epics can be good) but says epics may be good but may be not. Says Archer is on thin ice. N/A N/A Feels like miunderstood group A (or maybe I have) but to suggest claim is bold for a lie and then that Archer is on thin ice feels inconsistent Mild evil Thinsk Archer is on thin ice
One 143 Kasimir Memes N/A N/A None NAI None
One 144 Amanuensis Believes Archer is a village epic, not necessarily their role details. Also believes TUA is a regular villager N/A N/A Agreed on both Mild village Believes Archer and TUA are village
One 145 Kasimir Says gut read on Aman due to similarities with MR38 playstyle. Thinsk unease of Araris because he's giving LG78/MR52 vibes N/A N/A Recall Kas saying in AG8 they had difficulty reading Araris - interesting to find they now feel more confident Unsure None
One 146 TJ Off topic GM GM GM GM GM
One 147 Amanuensis Mat has stood out to them, is preferred lynch, would be cool with Dannnex lynch N/A N/A Would like to see reasons Unsure Wants to lynch Matrim's Dice, content to lynch Dannnex
One 148 Kasimir Asks Aman for reasoning of their reads N/A N/A NAI NAI None
One 149 Stick If Archer is village, elims are considering his claim, so we should too. Doesn't think v!Archer would be lying. Doesn't think e!Archer would truthfully make claim of what role entails. Thinks Archer likely village. Suggests Archer might be neutral. Questions whether Thaidakar playing newbie card. Thinks something off about Experience asking players to PM them. Thinks Kas wrong to say that Experience believing epics = elims = bad comes from village perspective - thinks more likely to come from elim. Gut reads Illwei as village. Wants to give Thaidakar the benefit of the doubt but sus. Votes for Experience Experience Tani Would like to see suspicion of Experience made more explicit, believe it is due to PM post and their view that epics = elims? Check if view consistently applied. Archer neutrality to reduce value of consensus cleared villager? Unsure Votes on Experience, village reads Archer

New content:

Cycle Post Player Summary Vote Retractions Thoughts AI (perceived) Notable connections
One 1 TJ Writeup GM GM GM GM GM
One 2 Experience Asks if PMs are open N/A N/A Trivial to check in rules. Performative? Mild evil None
One 3 TJ Clarifies that PMs are closed GM GM GM GM GM
One 4 Kasimir Answers Experience, says PMs default closed, but may open. N/A N/A Has read rules NAI None
One 5 Ashbringer Poke vote on Matrim's Dice, no content Matrim's Dice N/A Prepared to vote early Unsure Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 6 Archer Suggests wording of TJ's PM clarification makes a PM role less likely, but that they had been assuming one. Votes on Kas. RP Kasimir N/A Blackout game - interesting to assume anything. Reason for making speculation public? Vote on Kas - who has engaged. Value? Not putting pressure as not given reason, so why Kas? Ask. Very mild evil Votes on Kasimir
One 7 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Asks how this works, says first game, needs to know ehther we vote each post N/A N/A Consider giving benefit of doubt. However, reading even one page of one game would give answer to this, feels very much like playing up being new Moderate evil None
One 8 Kasimir RP, poke vote on Devotary. Asks TJ to get IM to give Thaidakar information on how to play. Tells Thaidakar how to vote. Devotary N/A Feels genuine re Thaidakar - might be prepared to rule out Thaidakar/Kasimir e/e. Doesn't address Archer, but nothing to address If Thaidakar evil, moderate village Helpful/genuine to Thaidakar, poke votes Devotary
One 9 Experience Quotes Archer RP, thinks they've found "the krrok", votes on Archer. RPs Archer N/A Presume vote is RP related, not sure I follow. Archer not unreasonable vote given vote on Kas Likely NAI Votes on Archer
One 10 Illwei Votes on Dannnex Dannnex N/A Poke vote NAI Votes on Dannnex
One 11 Experience Makes bad joke about Illwei's post N/A N/A None NAI None
One 12 Illwei Suggests Experience's joke is a dad joke N/A N/A None NAI None
One 13 Ashbringer Answers Thaidakar about whether they have to vote in every post N/A N/A None NAI Helpful to Thaidakar
One 14 Dannnex Votes on TJ, suggests it's a joke TJ N/A Has worked in some games, doesn't contribute to thread NAI None
One 15 Matrim's Dice Votes on Thaidakar, says "hi", doesn't want to kill them, asks if they've read the rules/etiquette thread. Will RP, is glad that there won't be D1 distro discussion Thaidakar N/A Friendly post. Agree that distribution discussion often of limited value. NAI Friendly vote on Thaidakar
One 16 Stick Multiquotes a number of posts. Agrees with Archer that PMs might come from an event. Explains how game works to Thaidakar. N/A N/A None NAI None
One 17 TJ Unimpressed meme in response to Dannnex's vote GM GM GM GM GM
One 18 Kasimir Makes joke in response to TJ meme N/A N/A None NAI None
One 19 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Votes on Dannnex, clarifies they do not want to kill them Dannnex N/A Unsure. Could be eliminator overworrying about poke vote, or could be villager not understanding meta. Why Dannnex? Unsure Votes on Dannnex
One 20 Archer Says last game e!JNV was asking questions like that (like what? Presume like one asked by Thaidakar?). Suggests non-partisan assistance the way to go. Asks if anyone else got a weirdly specific role TJ is PAFOing questions about. Asks Thaidakar what their plan is given their clarification about Dannnex N/A N/A Making role claim of game material consequence. Baiting a kill/pretending to to justify not being attacked later on? More likely latter, could equally be baiting roles investigating to discover targets? Very mild village None
One 21 Stick Comments on TJ's meme N/A N/A None NAI None
One 22 Matrim's Dice Asks for clarification from Archer on e!JNV N/A N/A Fair question None Less likely e!Matrim/e!Archer
One 23 Kasimir Comments on Archer's thoughts on Thaidakar/JNV parallels. Questions whether Thaidakar playing up new player image, considers it currently NAI N/A N/A Agree worth acknowledging possibility. NAI Acknowledges possibility of e!Thaidakar
One 24 Archer Says they didn't mean JNV but meant JungleFiend N/A N/A Verifiable NAI None
One 25 Stick Quotes aArcher, notes their role claim. Also claims to have been bombarding TJ with questions, and to have recieved PAFOs in response. N/A N/A Also, therefore, claiming a role. Question whether gained any information more widely useful from questions. If claiming early possession of role, then potential target regardless - value in claiming specifics of role? Unless knows game role madness (TMI?) and therefore feels safe claiming? Mild evil Questions Archer
One 26 TJ Clarifies meme GM GM GM GM GM
One 27 Szeth Pancakes Explicit poke vote on StrikerEZ StrikerEZ N/A None NAI Poke votes on StrikerEZ
One 28 Matrim's Dice Has asked GM question that wasn't PAFO'd. N/A N/A What was question about? NAI None
One 29 Kasimir Expresses incredulity at questions being asked N/A N/A Attempting to suggest no role? NAI None
One 30 Ashbringer Comments on Fog/Frog confusion N/A N/A None NAI None
One 31 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Responds to Archer, says they said they didn't want to kill Dannnex when voting on them because Dannnex said the same to them N/A N/A Feels genuine, mistaken about who voted on them Mild village None
One 32 Stick Says asking questions knowing they'll receive PAFOs, asking anyway N/A N/A Reinforcing roleclaim? Unsure None
One 33 TJ Comments on title confusion GM GM GM GM GM
One 34 Devotary RP, votes on Ashbringer for RP reasons Ashbringer N/A Reasonable poke vote target NAI Poke/RP vote on Ashbringer
One 35 Kasimir Makes comments on title puns N/A N/A None NAI None
One 36 Tani Questions TJ about his meme N/A N/A None NAI None
One 37 Dannnex Tells Thaidakar it was Matrim's Dice who voted on them N/A N/A None NAI None
One 38 Matrim's Dice Corrects Thaidakar about having voted on them. Suggests Szeth's poke vote might be a Szeth elim tell, but could just be normal behaviour N/A N/A Gut dislike of equivocation on Szeth Very mild evil None
One 39 Kasimir Quotes Matrim's Dice about Szeth, retracts on Devotary, votes on Matrim. Matrim's Dice Devotary If vote is from quote, understandable Very mild good Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 40 Illwei Doesn't believe Thaidakar e/e with Dannnex or Matrim's Dice. Thinks Matrim probably village for not voting on Szeth N/A N/A I disliked the equivocation on Szeth, but can see how it could be seen as uncertain villager. Agree re Thaidakar. Attempt to solve game Mild good Matrim more likely village
One 41 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Apologises for getting Matrim and Dannnex confused, says their head exploded from amount they're keeping track of N/A N/A Not sure too much to keep track of at this point? Mild evil None
One 42 Matrim's Dice RP. Replies to Kasimir about a "shuffle squat" N/A N/A Unsure what they're referring to NAI None
One 43 Kasimir Questions Matrim about his Szeth equivocation N/A N/A Agree worth probing Unsure Interrogating Matrim
One 44 Archer Quotes Devotary's RP, asks them whether they're claiming not to be an epic. Says Matrim's take is interesting N/A N/A Reinforces claim to be an Epic. Question why insistent on role claiming Unsure None
One 45 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Votes on Archer Archer Dannnex Archer definitely up to something, unsure whether villager gambit or elim. Absence of justification makes me suspect less likely elim jumping on this Moderate village Votes on Archer
One 46 Matrim's Dice Meant that they thought Szeth's poke vote was just something Szeth does. Asks Thaidakar why they voted on Archer N/A N/A Unclear therefore why they posted it Mild evil None
One 47 Devotary Responds to Archer, says that Reckoners are famously not Epics. N/A N/A Not a village aligned Epic, isn't aware of them Very marginally more likely evil None
One 48 Tani Votes on TJ TJ N/A Not useful NAI None
One 49 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Says vote on Archer due to gut N/A N/A Feels good from new player - I think an elim more likely to justify themselves Mild village None
One 50 Araris RP. Suggests Thaidakar be responsible with vote placing. Assists Kas with "shuffle thing" votes on Mat Matrim's Dice N/A Equally, voting gives more information to consider. What is meant by shuffle thing? Unsure Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 51 Stick Votes on Tani, makes joke about them wanting a train on TJ Tani N/A Not a serious vote NAI Joke vote on Tani
One 52 Experience Asks whether Archer has an Epic role they want to tell us about N/A N/A Archer has been hinting at a role - worth questioning it. Think questioning it is NAI. Also unaware of village aligned Epics - marginally more likely to be evil NAI Questions Archer
One 53 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Reacts to Araris with alarm, says did not realise vote is tool meant to kill someone N/A N/A Respectfully, fairly basic part of game that vote to lynch. Feels like performative overreaction Moderate evil None
One 54 Matrim's Dice Replies to Araris, suggests voting also a tool to gauge reactions to being voted on, takes Thaidakar's misunderstanding at face value. Says only they and Kas can shuffle. N/A N/A Agree re voting as tool for information NAI None
One 55 Ashbringer Points out that Matrim has three votes on them N/A N/A Themself included as a poke vote. Why leaving vote on given build up of votes? Unsure. Not sure Matrim feels under pressure, why leave vote on? None
One 56 Araris Says they can also shuffle with Kas. Asks Ashbringer who the third vote is N/A N/A Keep the flirting out of thread, gentlemen. NAI None
One 57 Ashbringer Says they were first vote on Matrim N/A N/A Continued absence of justification for prolonged poke vote Very mild evil None
One 58 Stick Says they were ninja'd by Araris, and missed Ashbringer's vote N/A N/A Fair enough NAI None
One 59 Araris Suggests thread should put more votes on other players N/A N/A None NAI None
One 60 Experience Votes on Araris Araris N/A Feels like vote purely responsive NAI None
One 61 Matrim's Dice Says they've been the leading train two hours into in D1 six times, has been lynched D1 once N/A N/A Feels unconcerned by pressure, think NAI - vote lead two hours into D1 unlikely to hold as they point out NAI None
One 62 Araris Insists on being voted on, isn't often voted out D1, is in LG N/A N/A Nonchalance about being voted out Probably NAI None
One 63 Stick Wary of Experience and Thaidakar, attributes it to gut N/A N/A Agree re both Mild village Wary of Thaidakar and Experience
One 64 Experience Offers Stick a cookie to assuage their gut N/A N/A Not worried about it Very mild village None
One 65 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Is also beginning to think Experience is suspicious N/A N/A Agree, want to see reasoning. Reactive to Stick's suspicion? Mild evil Suspicious of Experience
One 66 Ashbringer Asks whether people mind mind games. N/A N/A Point of asking? Unsure None
One 67 Experience RP N/A N/A NAI NAI None
One 68 Matrim's Dice Gut village of Stick, Ashbringer, TJ. Null on Thaidakar and Araris, thinks Kas and Experience feel normal, but that that's not necessarily village, might be in Kas' case N/A N/A Would question gut takes, now seen Matrim's alignment. Known non-village See post
One 69 Experience Notes Matrim included GM in village reads N/A N/A NAI NAI None
One 70 Araris Matrim putting GM in village reads makes them want to leave their vote on them N/A N/A Not sure I see it as anything more than a joke Very mild evil None
One 71 Ashbringer Says hello to Striker N/A N/A Presume Striker was viewing the thread NAI None
One 72 Striker RP. Votes on Matrim's Dice as one of the times they vote on them early in D1 exe has to be right. Has bad gut read on them. Says will disappear for a while after post. Asks for vote count Matrim's Dice N/A Obviously (and probably deliberately) poor logic for vote on Matrim's Dice. Why ask for vote count if disappearing? Gut mild evil Votes on Matrim's Dice
One 73 Tani "VC: Numbers" N/A N/A Joke NAI None
One 74 TUA RP. Says they should add game comments, but don't have any. Might just RP and chill N/A N/A If not going to make comments, not contributing as village, impossible to solve. Should policy lynch at appropriate point Functionally not village None
One 75 Matrim's Dice Says they're aware that TJ is the GM, and putting them as village was taking an active stance against people voting for him. Points out that Striker's logic on voting for him based on past games is flawed. Says amazing that can get village read in one game and elim read in another without changing playstyle. Says Striker objectively wrong to claim they're not talking to anyone N/A N/A Unlikely that eliminators woudl actively seek to change their playstyle. Feels slightly performative, moot point, known non village. Think Striker's point was RP only? Known non-village None
One 76 Illwei Thinks Experience and Araris village. Thinks Thaidakar not e/e with Matrim, Dannnex, or Stick, Experience not e/e with Araris or Archer, Ashbringer not e/e with Striker. Leaning village on Ashbringer for poking Striker when Striker was viewing the thread, thinks NAI in reality. Suspicious of Kasimir for attempt to appear normal N/A N/A Would like to see justifications for team exclusions. Need to check notes, agree with at least some, but would be helpful to have called out what they're reliant on. Like being clear with reads. Mild village See post
One 77 Archer Says they are an epic, wants to figure out if everyone is an Epic. Claims their role is that they can ask dead people questions if their alignment hasn't been confirmed. Asks if anyone is not an epic N/A N/A Bold to assume everyone an Epic from their own role. Unsure where additional information from. If role true, feels more likely village aligned than elim aligned. Odd role to make up, easily verifiable. Don't think an eliminator would know immediately that village aligned epics exist pre-D1 lynch. Moderately hard clear village? Sceptical of Devotary
One 78 Illwei Tells people not to answer Archer asking if anyone isn't an Epic N/A N/A Agree generally with wisdom of not roleclaiming, dislike Illwei asserting it as wisdom - both useful to see who makes claims, and potentially claiming cred for saying village-like things Mild evil None
One 79 TUA Claims to be a regular N/A N/A Don't think AI. Could be villager seeking to make themselves less of a target (not sure villagers actually should do so), or elim seeking to avoid havign to explain actions down the road NAI None
One 80 Archer Votes on Illwei, as thinks they have said previously that secrecy of blackout distributions favours eliminators. Illwei Kasimir Actions consistent with stated beliefs. Feels genuine. Moderate village Votes on Illwei
One 81 STINK Asks whether it's worth them reading the last four pages N/A N/A Always, but not inconsistent with historic playstyle NAI None
One 82 Matrim's Dice Doesn't know how Archer could confirm no vanilla roles without access to the player list. N/A N/A Known non-village Known non-village None
One 83 Striker Responds to Matrim, says not talking to anyone was RP reason for vote. Retracts from Matrim, votes on Stink STINK Matrim's Dice Why retract vote? One substantive Matrim post in interim - what in it made them retract? Stink being consistent - easy vote? Mild evil Votes on Stink
One 84 Matrim's Dice Acknowledges Striker's RP N/A N/A None NAI None
One 85 STINK Quotes Striker's vote, "Truly great to be back" N/A N/A None NAI None
One 86 Devotary Replies to Archer, says it is their RP character who isn't an Epic. Says bold move for Archer to claim Epic in game where elim team are corrupted Epics N/A N/A Actively isn't claiming vanilla. Not sure Epic claim if elims listed as corrupted Epics is so bold - question what Devotary meant by this. Gut moderate evil Sus of Archer?
One 87 Experience Elims being "corrupted" epics leads them to think there are some villager epics N/A N/A Very fair assumption. Reassess alignment indicativeness of Archer claim. Read rules in greater depth myself next game. NAI None
One 88 Matrim's Dice Elims being corrupted epics not just epics, villagers being Reckoner Allies not Reckoners implies village epics, ninja'd by Experience N/A N/A Very fair assumption. Reassess alignment indicativeness of Archer claim. Read rules in greater depth myself next game. Known non-village None
One 89 Striker Trivial reply to STINK N/A N/A None NAI None
One 90 TUA Is claiming regular N/A N/A None new NAI None
One 91 Devotary Expects a higher percentage of epics than regulars to be eliminators. Non-epics on corrupted epics team would be funny N/A N/A Possibly, but more villagers than elims, so epic not necessarily more likely to be elim than village. Don't think it justifies assessment of Archer's claim as bold Mild evil None
One 92 Stick Expresses incredulity at Archer's claim, suggests they might be setting themself up for the night kill. Says we shouldn't be mass claiming N/A N/A Gut read as performative Mild evil None
One 93 Ashbringer Says we need Elims to claim Reckoners, or what Devotary said N/A N/A Not quite sure I follow Unsure None
One 94 Archer Isn't sure whether Devotary elim or vanilla villager. Thinks some level of claiming necessary in blackout gain to understand the game. Had initially assumed everyone was an Epic, thinks TUA's defence of Devotary so indirect it felt genuine. N/A N/A Agree re interrogation of Devotary. Why assume everyone an Epic based on their own role - feels odd. But again, odder to assume as an eliminator. Mild village Suspicious of Devotary
One 95 Illwei Blackout of all information favours eliminators, but this does not mean total openness favours village. Village claims narrow NK possibilities for eliminators. Will treat further elim claims as elim. N/A N/A Very odd to say vanilla claims will be read as evil. Feels llike threat to make people not claim, as not reliable alignment-discerning tool, which Illwei must know. Plausible to want to dissuade village claims regardless of alignment Mild evil from coercion None
One 96 TJ Vote count GM GM GM GM GM
One 97 Ashbringer Says we should be cautious nitpicking GM PMs, and thinks doing so might be against the rules N/A N/A Not sure spirit of the rules precludes questioning GM in blackout game, if so, poorly written rule. NAI None
One 98 TUA Says they may have stepped over the line of not nitpicking GM PMs N/A N/A Not sure they did NAI None
One 99 STINK Thought game would have PMs N/A N/A Indirectly implying no doc to chat in? Plausibly performative Unsure None
One 100 Matrim's Dice Asks whether there are neutral roles, as factions section of rules is definitive. Doesn't see a reason not to vote for Dannnex, votes for them Dannnex Thaidakar Why would GM give clarity in blackout game. Known non-village, suggests thought of themselves as neutral Known non-village None
One 101 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Asks how much RP this game involves, and whether they should RP N/A N/A Can read thread and see not everyone RPing - performative? Unsure Unsure None
One 102 Matrim's Dice Tells Thaidakar that RP is optional, encourages them to introduce their character N/A N/A NAI Known non-village None
One 103 Archer Asks Stink if they would like a PM from a PM person. Thinks Matrim worded joke about GM to avoid suggesting being in the elim doc. Raises the question of what TJ did that makes this game blackout. Tells Thaidakar to RP if they want to, and that it normally makes up less than 20% of posted content N/A N/A Claiming PM ability? Query what they meant here. Not sure I buy wording point - feels overly uncharitable explanation. Tunnelling villager? Consider elim seeking to cement D1 safe lynch Gut mild village Tunnelling on Matrim's Dice
One 104 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Thanks Archer for RP advice, says they will get better at game as they understand it more N/A N/A Trying to read charitably, remain concerned that overdoing being a new player Mild evil None
One 105 Illwei Thinks Experience, Araris and Archer are village. Thinks Stick is an elim. Believes Thaidakar isn't teamed with Mat, Dannnex or Stick, Exprerience isn't e/e with Araris or Archer, and Ashbringer not e/e with Striker. Thinks Ashbringer village for prodding Striker whilst they were viewing thread. Suspicious of Kas for trying to seem normal. Thinks Stick is an elim because interacting but not providing thoughts Thinks Archer's point on Matrim comes from a village perspective. Says you can't read into Stink wanting PMs, but if STINK is evil wonders about number of elims had checked in by then N/A N/A Read Illwei as village. Agree with much of thought process re Archer, like the exclusionary connections Moderate village See post
One 106 Thaidakar the Ghostblood Asks what an elim is N/A N/A Very much feels over-playign being new. Elims is a very natural shortening for Eliminators, with plenty of context, and Eliminators as evil players is very clear at top of rules doc, which they say they read. New/inexperienced does not mean has no reading comprehension Strong evil. Don't like lynching new players early, but shouldn't give them a free pass either None
One 107 Dannnex Tells Thaidakar what an eliminator is N/A N/A Less likely e/e with Thaidakar NAI Less likely e/e with Thaidakar
One 108 STINK Reiterates what RP is, says they'd welcome a PM, jokes about structure of Illwei's post N/A N/A None NAI None
One 109 Matrim's Dice Replies to Archer's suggestion they deliberately worded post to avoid mentioning elim doc. Doesn't think liek that when elim, thinks more likely to reword as village to avoid seeming like elim. Doesn't think there has to be something that makes it mandatory that it's blackout, though there probably is N/A N/A Dislike point about self meta. Feels too defensive when point made is spurious anyway Mild evil None
One 110 Illwei Retracts on Dannnex, votes on Stick Stick Dannnex Consistent with prior post NAI Votes on Stick
One 111 Szeth Pancakes Going to be low activity because of life N/A N/A None NAI None
One 112 Archer RP N/A N/A None NAI None
One 113 Experience Asks people to PM them if they can. No new thoughts, wants to review Illwei if Stick or Dannnex flip elim N/A N/A Trying to imply Illwei/Dannnex team? Knowledge that one of Stick/Dannex evil? Very mild evil None
One 114 Illwei Asks Experience why they think Illwei would vote for teammates off the bat D1 N/A N/A Distancing, but fair point to raise - is an odd singular thought to have Very mild good None
One 115 Experience Doesn't think Illwei is voting for teammates, but was making a mental note based off a gut feeling N/A N/A Was making an explicit, not a mental note. Very mild evil None
One 116 Matrim's Dice Reading Experience as solidly village. Disagrees with Illwei about Stick being elim N/A N/A Gut dislike post Unsure Reads Experience village, Stick not elim
One 117 Illwei Asks Mat why they think Experience is solidly village N/A N/A Question worth asking Mild good None
One 118 Tani Claims to be Epic called ricochet. Asks whether red highlit roles can be villagers N/A N/A Not first Epic claim, elim team now aware of villae epics. Think question about red likely misinterpretation. Question why making claim Unsure, gut village None
One 119 Matrim's Dice Says thinks Experience village because of their type of post - suggests when they're an elim they avoid posting random takes and do less fluff, thinks e!Experience might be more reserved N/A N/A Gut strong dislike of bringing up own elim meta Moderate evil Thinks Experience village
One 120 JNV RP, is suspicious of Thaidakar for being too clueless. Doesn't remember being that confused when new, but thinks it could happen so won't vote for them N/A N/A Agree strongly, not e/e with Thaidakar Moderate village Not e/e with Thaidakar, thinks Thaidakar acting too confused
One 121 Experience Is cglad to be acting like v!Mat N/A N/A None NAI None
One 122 Matrim's Dice Thought Thaidakar just didn't read the rules. Agrees you should probably know what an elim is after reading main intro page, thinks that leans into territory of assuming how someone learns. N/A N/A Agree that being charitable important, think not knowing what elim is is going too far. New does not equal unintelligent. If evil, look much more heavily at Thaidakar Mild-moderate evil Defending Thaidakar
One 123 Tani RPs as Ricochet N/A N/A Is ricochet just RP character or is it a roleclaim? Unsure None
One 124 Kasimir Thinks Devotary's comment on taking out epics on principle is RP reason, comments on Archer pushing on it. Thinsk Devotary/Archer exchange is odd. Thinks Experience asking Archer whether they have an Epic roles comes from village perspective that Epics = bad. Has negative gut read of Thaidakar because feels like they're playing things up. Is suspicious of Araris for inviting D1 votes. Thinks Thaidakar's suspicions of Experience feel like sheeping. Dislikes Archer's claim, but thinks it is in character for them. Is interested that Illwei defensive about voting for teammates D1 - says they did so LG78 and LG74. Votes Karnatheon because they were viewing thread Karnatheon N/A Agree re negative gut read of Thaidakar. Disagree with reads of Experience and Illwei. Gut dislike of tone which I can't put my finger on. Gut mild evil Negative gut read of Thaidakar, defence of Devotary, Experience, sus of Illwei?
One 125 Experience Isn't complaining about being village read by Matrim N/A N/A None NAI None
One 126 Elandera IM reminder IM IM IM IM IM
One 127 Araris Thinks Matrim's reads list felt insincere N/A N/A Fair enough Mild village None
One 128 Kasimir Has bad gut read on Araris and Thaidakar, won't push Araris on their gut whilst sticking to their own N/A N/A Is read on Thaidakar gut? Or downplaying it having called it out as distancing? Very mild evil Bad gut read of Araris and Thaidakar
One 129 Devotary Thinks all corrupted epics will be epics, therefore the elim epic/villager epic ratio much higher than elim regular/village regular ratio. Won't clear anyone for not being an Epic, but can't see corrupted epics not having epics N/A N/A Walking back claim within same post as suggesting elims have no regulars. Moderate evil None
One 130 Illwei Says question about voting D1 was specifically to Experience, who was on team with them when they bussed D1. Thinks it was an odd thing for Experience to say. Thinks people commenting on epics being bad is an elim slip from not realising epics aren't just evil N/A N/A Fair enough re Experience. Had same thought process on epics = bad - whilst I'm not sure it is an elim slip necessarily, think thought process of Illwei's comes from villager. Moderate village None
One 131 Striker Retracts from Stink, votes on Illwei Illwei STINK No justification, think Illwei's points have made sense - why the vote? Mild evil Votes on Illwei
One 132 Matrim's Dice Asks Kas whether they think Devotary/Archer exhancge is e/e. Says that Kas' point re Thaidakar was one made by JNV, which they agreed with. Liked how Stick was interacting with thread. Doubts they'll seriously elim read Kas because they're just too villagery. Thinks Striker is village N/A N/A Dislike strongly the village read on Kas. e/e? Reason for thinkign Striker village? Mild evil Reads Kas and Striker as village
One 133 Striker Says they're indeed a villager N/A N/A Joke, NAI NAI None
One 134 Ashbringer Idea about alignments lying to us got stuck in head with Archer's claim. Wonders whether villagers all epics, elims all not. Says would fall apart upon claiming. N/A N/A Think very heavily overthinking Unsure None
One 135 Araris Thinks village roles all differing from elim roles does not necessarily entail game being solvable N/A N/A Fair point, particularly in backout with no roles confirmed to exist NAI None
One 136 Szeth Pancakes Retracts from Striker quoting their post N/A Striker Why retract on basis of that post? Unsure None
One 137 Experience Responds to Illwei, thinks they might have D1 voted teammates becuase they did that in game Experience and Illwei were e/e N/A N/A Gut read that post feels slightly off Gut mild evil None
One 138 Amanuensis RP. Vote count, votes on Matrim's Dice Matrim's Dice N/A Unexplained, puts Matrim ahead of Archer Unsure Votes on Matrim's Dice, breaking tie with Archer
One 139 Karnatheon Votes on Archer for claiming Epic, says whether irs alignment indicative or not would get information in blackout situation. Asks Tani whether they're also claiming an Epic or whether they were establishing RP character Archer N/A Very strongly dislike vote. Particularly with Archer's claimed role, information motivated vote does not feel justified Moderate evil Votes on Archer
One 140 TJ Corrects Amanuensis' vote count GM GM GM GM GM
One 141 Kasimir Replies to Devotary. Thinks even if all elims are epics, the monent we discard assumption that all villagers non-epic, we are committed to significant, non-zero number of village epics. Can see Illwei's point re Experience. Asks Striker to explain their vote on Illwei. HAs no opinion on whether Archer/Devotary exchange is e/e. Thinks reading Devotary's claim as RP is natural read of it. Thinks Thaidakar's voting inconsistent with amount of newness they claim. Stick hasn't popped out to them. Returns to village epic debate. If Archer's claim plausible, and plausible that Archer not evil, then committed to not being able to draw epic/non-Epic line in terms of roles/alignments. Finds idea intuitively compelling. Finds it too strong to assume all epics are evil, wants to know base rate of epic occurrence to make claims about whether a given Epic is more likely to be village or not. Thinks Devo/Archer/Illwei discussion, however, is hinged on wgat elims would perceive the safe thing to say is - would a villager be more likely to think that Epics are likely to be evil? Think if elims have regulars, less likely to worry about suggesting village epics. If elim team all epics, reasinable for them to be cautious about claiming village epics. Thinks elims would want to stay away from Epic claims, suggests Devotary agrees. Notes category of players who believe people who claim epics are evil are sus, puts Illwei and Archer in this category, suggests Matrim's Dice and Experience both also push back against this idea. Thinks Experience, Karnatheon, and possibly TUA believe epics are evil. Asks Ashbringer and Amanuensis their views. Has negative read on Experience for pushing Archer on their Epic claim whilst pushign back on the idea that epics are evil. Negative on Thaidakar for overly claiming newness. Negative gut on Araris. Cricket meme(?) on Archer. Positive on Devotary, rethinking. Light positive on Aman and Illwei N/A N/A If of the view that elims would want to stay away from epic claims, committed to Archer not being elim? Suggests that it is not intuitive that epics can be good. Large amount of time spent considering this. Think view on Archer inconistent with positions stated in this post Mild/moderate evil See post
One 142 Ashbringer Thinks Archer's claim is bold for a lie, but that it's a long shot to bluff. Says theyd be group A (believes elims would want to stay far away from epic claims or view that epics can be good) but says epics may be good but may be not. Says Archer is on thin ice. N/A N/A Feels like miunderstood group A (or maybe I have) but to suggest claim is bold for a lie and then that Archer is on thin ice feels inconsistent Mild evil Thinsk Archer is on thin ice
One 143 Kasimir Memes N/A N/A None NAI None
One 144 Amanuensis Believes Archer is a village epic, not necessarily their role details. Also believes TUA is a regular villager N/A N/A Agreed on both Mild village Believes Archer and TUA are village
One 145 Kasimir Says gut read on Aman due to similarities with MR38 playstyle. Thinsk unease of Araris because he's giving LG78/MR52 vibes N/A N/A Recall Kas saying in AG8 they had difficulty reading Araris - interesting to find they now feel more confident Unsure None
One 146 TJ Off topic GM GM GM GM GM
One 147 Amanuensis Mat has stood out to them, is preferred lynch, would be cool with Dannnex lynch N/A N/A Would like to see reasons Unsure Wants to lynch Matrim's Dice, content to lynch Dannnex
One 148 Kasimir Asks Aman for reasoning of their reads N/A N/A NAI NAI None
One 149 Stick If Archer is village, elims are considering his claim, so we should too. Doesn't think v!Archer would be lying. Doesn't think e!Archer would truthfully make claim of what role entails. Thinks Archer likely village. Suggests Archer might be neutral. Questions whether Thaidakar playing newbie card. Thinks something off about Experience asking players to PM them. Thinks Kas wrong to say that Experience believing epics = elims = bad comes from village perspective - thinks more likely to come from elim. Gut reads Illwei as village. Wants to give Thaidakar the benefit of the doubt but sus. Votes for Experience Experience Tani Would like to see suspicion of Experience made more explicit, believe it is due to PM post and their view that epics = elims? Check if view consistently applied. Archer neutrality to reduce value of consensus cleared villager? Unsure Votes on Experience, village reads Archer

Summary:

Consistent village read on Illwei, firmly believe Archer's claim much more likely to come from a villager.

Gut worry about Kas, supported by concern about their inconsistency on Archer. I recall seeing on a skim of the thread that Kas later claims Village Epic, but misread his PM. I haven't got to this yet, but express a degree of incredulity about this claim.

Firmly agree with much of the suspicion raised about Thaidakar.