10 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

SK, need 3 or fewer players including me left alive. I outed myself last time I was an SK and wanted to try to stay undercover this time, but apparently not. There'd be no reason to  drag TUA into it to protect elim!me.

So why visit TUA last cycle, and admit as much to the thread? You must have known they’d come out with suddenly having powers. I don’t see how this adds up.

6 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

So why visit TUA last cycle, and admit as much to the thread? You must have known they’d come out with suddenly having powers. I don’t see how this adds up.

I thought they would keep quiet about it to avoid being killed, and that claiming to have scanned them as not an Epic would be a hint to do so.

I think that TUA is pretty much soft confirmed village at this point. He was before with being a regular and I don't believe that the Epics would, well. Have non-epics on their team. So yeah.

The alternate idea is that Devotary is a convert role and TUA has been converted, but....nah.

7 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

A thief can only steal a power when it's used, and giving someone an Epic power doesn't count as me using an Epic power.

But it's using your power. Is Calamity just too strong to copy? 

This... aaaaaagh. I'll deal with this later. I don't want what's left of the village running off in three/four different directions and honestly I don't care which one we go for. At least not right now. 

Edit: Also, why even bother redistributing roles? You're an SK. You need to kill people, not make them more powerful... unless you're lying a level deeper.

Edited by Ashbringer

8 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

A thief can only steal a power when it's used, and giving someone an Epic power doesn't count as me using an Epic power.

As a serial killer, why are you motivated to give players powers? If you hadn’t given powers to TUA, you wouldn’t have needed to rely on them to lie - so again, there must be something you’re not telling us.

9 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

But it's using your power. Is Calamity just too strong to copy? 

This... aaaaaagh. I'll deal with this later. I don't want what's left of the village running off in three/four different directions and honestly I don't care which one we go for. At least not right now. 

Edit: Also, why even bother redistributing roles? You're an SK. You need to kill people, not make them more powerful... unless you're lying a level deeper.

I have a bunch of Epic powers that I can hand out. If I use any of those powers myself, they can be stolen by a thief. Giving powers away to someone does not count as a power that can be stolen.

I lose if the elims outnumber while there's too many players e.g. 2 elims-1 villager, or if the village kills all the elims while there's still 3+ villagers left, so I have to make sure the game stays close. Protect isn't useful to me since I couldn't self-target with it.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Aon said:

You guys talk a lot. 

Tani, Devo used her scan, which means you likely learned Illwei's role/if she's an Epic or not, so this is likely put on or your role is fake.

I didn't learn anything about Illwei. Devo says later that she didn't use a scan. I don't think I believe her about her role.

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So anyway, hi, I'm Calamity and I can give Epic powers to people who don't have any. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Of course you claim this after someone claims they got a role.

Also, isn't Calamity on the side of the Corrupted Epics?

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Giving away Epic powers was part of Calamity's Epic power.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I lose if the elims outnumber while there's too many players e.g. 2 elims-1 villager, or if the village kills all the elims while there's still 3+ villagers left, so I have to make sure the game stays close. Protect isn't useful to me since I couldn't self-target with it.

So why shouldn't we kill you? You want us to kill villagers.

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

Of course you claim this after someone claims they got a role.

Also, isn't Calamity on the side of the Corrupted Epics?

Giving away Epic powers was part of Calamity's Epic power.

So why shouldn't we kill you? You want us to kill villagers.

I gave that role to TUA, and I know because it doesn't let you self-protect.

No.

The giving away powers is a Calamity thing, not an Epic power.

I provide insurance against losing outright to honestly both sides (kill, soothe, regular vote) it just could take a lot longer to win if I also win.

6 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I provide insurance against losing outright to honestly both sides (kill, soothe, regular vote) it just could take a lot longer to win if I also win.

Does this mean you know who the elims are? Or have a way to find out?

Four choices IMO:

• Kill Devotary. Pros: Elims and Villagers both want Calamity gone, prevents turning against the village if we’re close to winning, could be Elim role, proven liar. Cons: could be an ally if Elims are close to winning, could erase TUA’s new role.
  • Kill Illwei. Pros: only major defender of Archer, proven liar, potential Elim Kill user, don’t trust. Cons: no real mechanical benefit. (Edit: besides maybe/probably catching an Elim. We probably don’t get any useful role info compared to the others.)
  • Kill one of (Stick/Thaid). Pros: possible Elim killers/arsonists, role flip will also give a good amount of insight. Cons: not much to distinguish the two besides Stick Train. I’d prefer Stick, but that’s mostly personal reasons.
  • Kill one of (Dannnex/Szeth/STINK). Pros: no roleclaims when there’s evidence of Elim-specific roles. Cons: not much to distinguish the three.

I’d prefer either Illwei or Stick. But there’s more than just me this game. Also, I think I’ve got an expiration date.

@The Unknown Aon, can you self-protect?

@STINK, anything to prove you’re not using the Elim kill?

@Dannnex, anything to prove you’re not using the Elim kill?

@Szeth_Pancakes, anything to prove you’re not using the Elim kill?

Edited by Ashbringer

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Self-protect is way too powerful for me since the only one I need to protect is me for the most part. As it is, protect was only useful because I could give it away.

Well, unless I'm wrong, you only have one action per cycle, and you can't use the same power in consecutive cycles. So maybe you're right, maybe you're lying. Who knows? Well, besides you. Maybe TUA.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Well, unless I'm wrong, you only have one action per cycle, and you can't use the same power in consecutive cycles. So maybe you're right, maybe you're lying. Who knows? Well, besides you. Maybe TUA.

I've already claimed two actions per cycle with the power scan + soothe C1. I can use the same power in consecutive cycles it's that protection can't target the same player twice in a row.