Lerasium Hemalurgy

Trusk'our

Question

When Lerasium is used as a Hemalurgic spike, it steals all attributes, such as strength, intelligence, and emotional fortitude. 

So, would granting someone a Lerasium spike turn someone into a Hemalurgic construct, similar to the koloss, in order to grant those abilities, or would the person granted the spike just get a magical boost to all of their attributes? 

As a side note, if someone filled a piece of Lerasium with a Hemalurgic charge, would that Lerasium never be able to grant it's Allomantic properties again, as Hemalurgic charges never disappear altogether?

12 answers to this question

I think that depending on where the spike is placed, you would stay human. If not, because of the massive influx of abilities, you might be overwhelmed and become a hemalurgic construct. 
          About burning a hemalurgically charged Peice of lerasium, it’s possible you might gain all abilities, albeit of a lower level, than become a lerasium mist born.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, Trusk'our said:

When Lerasium is used as a Hemalurgic spike, it steals all attributes, such as strength, intelligence, and emotional fortitude. 

So, would granting someone a Lerasium spike turn someone into a Hemalurgic construct, similar to the koloss, in order to grant those abilities, or would the person granted the spike just get a magical boost to all of their attributes? 

As a side note, if someone filled a piece of Lerasium with a Hemalurgic charge, would that Lerasium never be able to grant it's Allomantic properties again, as Hemalurgic charges never disappear altogether?

So, first, recall that lerasium hemalurgy is hyper inefficient, just on a fundamental level. You need a whole lot of the rarest useful material to make it work properly. Second...yeah, it seems to be implied that once used for hemalurgy, that material could no longer be burned to generate super charged mistborn anymore. Instead, it's implied that burning the resultant spike would permanently graft the excised piece of soul into the hemalurgically induced hole in the soul of the one burning it. If this didn't immediately drive the recipient insane I assume it would turn them into a deformed monster...there's still an unverified possibility that it could be used to create super humans with unnatural strength, speed, intelligence, ect. But again, literally the least efficient use of resources possible in terms of imbuing or augmenting existing life.

Edited by hwiles

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, hwiles said:

So, first, recall that lerasium hemalurgy is hyper inefficient, just on a fundamental level. You need a whole lot of the rarest useful material to make it work properly. Second...yeah, it seems to be implied that once used for hemalurgy, that material could no longer be burned to generate super charged mistborn anymore. Instead, it's implied that burning the resultant spike would permanently graft the excised piece of soul into the hemalurgically induced hole in the soul of the one burning it. If this didn't immediately drive the recipient insane I assume it would turn them into a deformed monster...there's still an unverified possibility that it could be used to create super humans with unnatural strength, speed, intelligence, ect. But again, literally the least efficient use of resources possible in terms of imbuing or augmenting existing life.

Yeah, using Lerasium in Hemalurgy is probably the worst way to use it.

Honestly, you could argue that using Atium would be terrible too, as while it has more efficiency it just replicates what other metals can do (there may be other uses, but they probably won't compensate for the waste).

Also, @Cerulean and @hwiles, I don't want to be a bother, but these responses are digging up a topic that's about two and a half years old.

It may be best to form a new thread to further this discussion if you would like.

Edited by Trusk'our

4 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

Yeah, using Lerasium in Hemalurgy is probably the worst way to use it.

Honestly, you could argue that using Atium would be terrible too, as while it has more efficiency it just replicates what other metals can do (there may be other uses, but they probably won't compensate for the waste).

Also, @Cerulean and @hwiles, I don't want to be a bother, but these responses are digging up a topic that's about two and a half years old.

It may be best to form a new thread to further this discussion if you would like.

Yikes!!! Agreed. Everyone please exercise care with old topics; I wasn't paying attention and got poked by a message, my bad. I'm aware the the fanbase is, and can only, ever be moving forward. It's a feature, not a bug. Marching backwards is only for showing off.

1 hour ago, hwiles said:

Yikes!!! Agreed. Everyone please exercise care with old topics; I wasn't paying attention and got poked by a message, my bad. I'm aware the the fanbase is, and can only, ever be moving forward. It's a feature, not a bug. Marching backwards is only for showing off.

It's all good 👍

Actually, there was one time I tried to do basically the same thing, but turns out that the post was over a year old and it ticked people off :P

Ever since that little blunder I've been a bit paranoid about the age of threads I respond to. 

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

It's all good 👍

Actually, there was one time I tried to do basically the same thing, but turns out that the post was over a year old and it ticked people off :P

Ever since that little blunder I've been a bit paranoid about the age of threads I respond to. 

Mhm. I've been attacked by zombies before, I feel you. The threat is exactly as real as the associated lessons-learned.

9 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

It's all good 

Actually, there was one time I tried to do basically the same thing, but turns out that the post was over a year old and it ticked people off 

7 hours ago, hwiles said:

Mhm. I've been attacked by zombies before, I feel you. The threat is exactly as real as the associated lessons-learned.

The Sharder FAQ discusses the preferred method for this (techniques for splitting off a new topic to re-address an old thread). Also, I do not think Q&A is th ebest place to "Discuss" anything - that's why we have discussion forums. Q&A is meant for (newer) fans to ask questions that might have a legetimate answer they cannot find themselves. The voting and sorting makes it rather difficult to follow a "discussion" here because the post voting constantly resorts the conversation anytime somebody clicks up or down on a post. 

We rely on experienced Sharders to split off topics when a new Sharder accidentally Necros a thread (rather than engaging in the Necro itself, unless it meets one of the Admin Exemptions)

Spoiler

Post Necromancy;

Refers to reviving an inactive and out of date topic without a legitimate reason. If you wish to continue the discussion please make a new post.

Legitimate reasons for reviving a post could include;

• New information has been released that directly relates to the central theory being discussed and creation of a new topic would not substantially differ from continuation of the original post.
  • Continuation of a forum game or roleplay
  • The topic in question is specifically meant to be ongoing (eg. Typo threads)
  • Many old topics have been locked to prevent thread necro’ing--if you believe a thread should be reopened, please contact a moderator.

Hope that helps

56 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

The Sharder FAQ discusses the preferred method for this (techniques for splitting off a new topic to re-address an old thread). Also, I do not think Q&A is th ebest place to "Discuss" anything - that's why we have discussion forums. Q&A is meant for (newer) fans to ask questions that might have a legetimate answer they cannot find themselves. The voting and sorting makes it rather difficult to follow a "discussion" here because the post voting constantly resorts the conversation anytime somebody clicks up or down on a post. 

We rely on experienced Sharders to split off topics when a new Sharder accidentally Necros a thread (rather than engaging in the Necro itself, unless it meets one of the Admin Exemptions)

Hide contents

Post Necromancy;

Refers to reviving an inactive and out of date topic without a legitimate reason. If you wish to continue the discussion please make a new post.

Legitimate reasons for reviving a post could include;

• New information has been released that directly relates to the central theory being discussed and creation of a new topic would not substantially differ from continuation of the original post.
  • Continuation of a forum game or roleplay
  • The topic in question is specifically meant to be ongoing (eg. Typo threads)
  • Many old topics have been locked to prevent thread necro’ing--if you believe a thread should be reopened, please contact a moderator.

Hope that helps

Mhm. It helps a bunch, thanks. 😃

Nope, no sir/ma'am, no irony here, not one little bit. Just trying to respond to all the many thousands of people who make my pocket shake with alerts because bad things happen if I don't and having all of their rules memorized isn't enough to be able to apply them in real time. 😃

Different pierced by Hemalurgic spikes entities have varying capabilities to resist control when confronted by a Mistborn or Shard. This is similar to how different entities possess unique attributes such as strength, intelligence, and emotional fortitude.

Does this mean that the resistance to being controlled is also an attribute? If so, could someone with one or more Lerasium spikes pierce themselves an extraordinary number of times without the risk of being controlled?

11 minutes ago, Onironte said:

Different pierced by Hemalurgic spikes entities have varying capabilities to resist control when confronted by a Mistborn or Shard. This is similar to how different entities possess unique attributes such as strength, intelligence, and emotional fortitude.

Does this mean that the resistance to being controlled is also an attribute? If so, could someone with one or more Lerasium spikes pierce themselves an extraordinary number of times without the risk of being controlled?

Probably best to start a new thread in the Mistborn Forum for this question, as this thread is very, very old now.

But, technically, yes, if you steal all attributes you also take H-zinc and copper, which both grant resistance to outside control.

TenSoon's Blessing of Presence was enough to roughly counter his added Blessing of Potency's vulnerability, so a properly constructed Lerasium spike could be useful for resisting control, at least compared to other spikes (though Trellium likely just does this as a side effect of the Godmetal, so that may be preferable, at when not trying to counter Autonomy herself).

Spoiler

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/243-hero-of-ages-qa-time-wasters-guide/#e5597

Dalenthas

Was TenSoon more susceptible to Ruin's powers than the other Kandra because he took OreSeur's Blessings?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, he was. However, the Blessing of Presence actually enhanced his mind to make him more resistant, so they balanced out.