What is your favorite Sanderson series?

What is your favorite Sanderson series?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Sanderson series?

• Stormlight Archive
    • Mistborn
    • Skyward
    • Other

Mistborn. It introduced Hemalurgy, which is just a very versatile system that can be used to do a lot. It also introduced Feruchemy, which is a very versatile system, able to be used for just about anything, and can be used to make other people "Ferrings/Feruchemists" temporarily. And Allomancy, too. Those three magic systems together can do some pretty crazy things, and I love that. It also has a good story.

Depends on how you're judging "favorite". Mistborn (the original trilogy especially) is what introduced me to Brandon's work, and it has a special place in my heart that is unlikely to ever be challenged. On the other hand, by almost every objective metric, I think Stormlight is the more accomplished work. Since those two aspects can't really be judged against with one another, I'm going to go with a Mistborn/Stormlight tie. 

Edited by MasterGhandalf

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say Mistborn is my favorite. It will forever hold a special place in my heart, as it was my introduction to Sanderson. I’d always loved fantasy; but I hadn’t experienced character development, world building, and magic systems like those found in Mistborn. It made me fall head over heels with all things Sanderson, launching me into the black hole that is the Cosmere…

And I don’t ever wanna leave 

Stormlight Archive is simply head and shoulders above the rest, In my humble opinion.

I read it the day it came out because the cover looked so cool. It was the first fantasy book that really rocked my world. I went in blind not knowing how my life was going to change. Every single line in it seems to have some quadruple meanings and layers of depth.

Warbreaker deserves an honourable mention, it is one of the first Cosmere books I read and holds a special place in my heart, I'd rank it over Mistborn if only Era 2 didn't kick so much ass.

Edited by AerionBFII

On 20/03/2022 at 6:40 PM, HippoPhileus said:

Stormlight. By far my favorite (although Mistborn Era 2 is really really good)

2 minutes ago, AerionBFII said:

Stormlight Archive is simply head and shoulders above the rest, In my humble opinion.

I read it the day it came out because the cover looked so cool. It was the first fantasy book that really rocked my world. I went in blind not knowing how my life was going to change. Every single line in it seems to have some quadruple meanings and layers of depth.

Warbreaker deserves an honourable mention, it is one of the first Cosmere books I read and holds a special place in my heart, I'd rank it over Mistborn if only Era 2 didn't kick so much ass.

No point typing out my answer. You’ve both nailed what I wanted to say haha

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to get a copy of Stormlight yet, though that is the only thing on my Christmas wishlist, so I can’t judge it yet. Mistborn introduced me to Sanderson, and it was the best literature I had ever read and it is the reason he is my favorite author now. So I would say Mistborn in first, and Skyward and other like the Reckoners tied for second.