Life sucks sometimes

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

Does anyone else often just feel extraordinarily alone and forgotten? Like a bottle with all your thoughts and feelings inside. You just want to let some of it out, but you can't.

Yes, I have before. Talking to other people or other people talking to you can help. Having someone to listen to your thoughts and just listen can be the best medicine at times. Whether it's your parents or someone else who you know cares about you.

13 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Yes, I have before. Talking to other people or other people talking to you can help. Having someone to listen to your thoughts and just listen can be the best medicine at times. Whether it's your parents or someone else who you know cares about you.

Thank you Mr. Wizard. The problem arises when the person who I normally talk too is part of the reason I feel so bottled up. There are so many things I want to say, but I doubt I ever will.

I was wondering if I could summon DramaQueen. It appears I was successful, though that was not my main goal, of course. I too, would like to extend this generous offer. My DMs are also open to any who may feel the need to use them. Though, I now understand that thinking about trying that can be scary.

Cellist, you could try writing the problems down instead of telling someone. Then at least you don't have to hold them all inside and you've thought through it kind of the same way you would if you talked to someone

currently, life more than sucks.

9 days ago, my little sister figure/best friend tried to take her own life. i haven't heard anything back about their situation at all. and i'm worried sick.

my friends have been a great help, and for anyone struggling with anything, regardless of how important you think it to be; go to your friends. They will help, they will help so much.

We live in an age, where all you need to do is press a few buttons, and suddenly you can talk to thousands of people, anywhere in the world!

Use that.

Get help.

Reach out.

Life can suck, but it can and will get better.

I love this community, and you all are amazing. Keep being amazing :D

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Cellist, you could try writing the problems down instead of telling someone. Then at least you don't have to hold them all inside and you've thought through it kind of the same way you would if you talked to someone

Tani, thank you. I did do that once before, and it really helped. I think I will try that again. Thank you for the reminder.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

currently, life more than sucks.

9 days ago, my little sister figure/best friend tried to take her own life. i haven't heard anything back about their situation at all. and i'm worried sick.

my friends have been a great help, and for anyone struggling with anything, regardless of how important you think it to be; go to your friends. They will help, they will help so much.

We live in an age, where all you need to do is press a few buttons, and suddenly you can talk to thousands of people, anywhere in the world!

Use that.

Get help.

Reach out.

Life can suck, but it can and will get better.

I love this community, and you all are amazing. Keep being amazing :D

Thank you CalanoCorvus. I agree, I really love the community here as well. There are so many bad things in this world, but there are other wonderful, beautiful things as well. I wish you and your friends well as you recover from such a frightening occurrence as that. As you said, it will get better.

On 8/5/2022 at 0:20 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Wait.

When did I make this?

How did this happen?

I believe you can see when you created this thread, and I can't tell if you are pleased with this outcome or not. It doesn't really matter though, because I have adopted this thread.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:41 PM, That1Cellist said:

Does anyone else often just feel extraordinarily alone and forgotten? Like a bottle with all your thoughts and feelings inside. You just want to let some of it out, but you can't.

I have too much experience with this. Too many times I’ve smiled when I wanted to shout and cry. I feel like people expect so much of me so if I ever fall a little behind it’s unforgivable. And I can’t let my emotions out because Ive been raised too well to scream of get angry like I want to because I know the consequences of that. All the same... I wish I could... but I can’t. I’ve written a lot of things when I’ve been angry or sad, and they are... interesting. 

10 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

And I can’t let my emotions out because Ive been raised too well to scream of get angry like I want to because I know the consequences of that.

Go find some secluded woods somewhere and scream. I recommend it. You might create a rural legend and inspire stories around the campfire, but it might help.

In all seriousness, I’m sorry. It’s good to have an outlet like writing, but I know it’s not fun to be under pressure like that. High expectations can be crushing, feeling like if you mess up one thing suddenly you’ve ruined everything. It’s not fun, and I hope things start to get better.

14 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Go find some secluded woods somewhere and scream. I recommend it. You might create a rural legend and inspire stories around the campfire, but it might help.

In all seriousness, I’m sorry. It’s good to have an outlet like writing, but I know it’s not fun to be under pressure like that. High expectations can be crushing, feeling like if you mess up one thing suddenly you’ve ruined everything. It’s not fun, and I hope things start to get better.

I have currently run out of all the reputations I can give, but if I could give some, I’d definitely upvote this. Thank you so much... and the rural legend is a bonus. 

It’s nice to know you understand. That is how I feel. Thanks for listening :))

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 6:24 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

I have too much experience with this. Too many times I’ve smiled when I wanted to shout and cry. I feel like people expect so much of me so if I ever fall a little behind it’s unforgivable. And I can’t let my emotions out because Ive been raised too well to scream of get angry like I want to because I know the consequences of that. All the same... I wish I could... but I can’t. I’ve written a lot of things when I’ve been angry or sad, and they are... interesting. 

Yeah that sucks. I know what it feels like that life is gray and your letting everyone down. It is so much easier to bottle up your feelings and let it consume. I always just need someone who can listen and I feel safe around. Whenever I feel like crap I just go cry to my Mom and vomit my all my bad vibes out. But yeah, just keep going. Find the small things that make life worth living.

Edited by Mr. Misting

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 6:24 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

I totally feel that way all the time. I always go cry to my older brother. It probably isn't the best solution, but it works really well. He gives amazing advice. If you have a brother you trust enough, you should try it.

That being said, both my PMs and DMs are open to anyone that needs to talk. I'm a really good listener (or so I like to think) and try to give good advice. I highly recommend the Get yer hugs here chat similar to this one. It is full of kind people willing to give you a boost.

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 4:06 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

nice. You must work longer and harder than me. I would not be halfway done with it by now. Good job!

Update i am only two weeks behind and can do one week per day. So I'm on schedule. I also had a 750 word radar and an exam but those are all done 

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 1:15 PM, Wayne's Unlucky Hat said:

I messed up real bad. i procastinate with my literature class alot and well... lets just say i have till next friday to catch up on a half-semesters worth of missed literature which inculdes a 1500 word essay. the next few week are gonna be boring 

Okay, time for an update. Did you get it all done?