2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

It's allows you to heat up anything, but it does not say by how much. So, you can heat up an atom until it splits. This is a nuke.

Hm. Not exactly how a nuke works, but it could be shenaniganed into working.

20 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

this scares me. send help to my DM, I'm going to try to work this into my campaign :P 

Become a 2nd level conjuration wizard and stare into the sun. My DM banned both forms of nuke, 1. homebrewed it away for prestidigitation, 2. made dangerous things magical.
Or 14th level illusion wizard and take eldritch adept, it was disabled even though it is really hard to get to and it was the worst subclass of wizard and one of the weaker invocations, by forcing you to spend a spell slot to use it.

Edited by The last Fae in the Woods

so, ya'll know how making a nuke would kill you too? Well... in my campaign i have a way around that :D My DM also plays as a character and because he doesn't want to have to make a lot of characters, we each get three respawns. So... I can nuke the world. Twice. And still survive. This is broken :P 

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

so, ya'll know how making a nuke would kill you too? Well... in my campaign i have a way around that :D My DM also plays as a character and because he doesn't want to have to make a lot of characters, we each get three respawns. So... I can nuke the world. Twice. And still survive. This is broken :P 

Fun! Easy way to survive hot plasma instantly igniting the world: Don't be there, cast marvelous mansion, have everyone other than sacrifice ready their action to enter, the sacrifice readies their action to push you in.

1 hour ago, The last Fae in the Woods said:

Fun! Easy way to survive hot plasma instantly igniting the world: Don't be there, cast marvelous mansion, have everyone other than sacrifice ready their action to enter, the sacrifice readies their action to push you in.

:P That is totally the kind of thing my campaign would do :D We're mostly good people

20 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

:P That is totally the kind of thing my campaign would do :D We're mostly good people

Mostly! In the campaigns I am part of you can be good or neutral as long as you behave lawful good and fight the evil (even though you could probably run away to another country live happily ever after die of old age and be unaffected by evil). I doubt even at level 20 we would be able to fight the army effectively.

7 hours ago, The last Fae in the Woods said:

Mostly! In the campaigns I am part of you can be good or neutral as long as you behave lawful good and fight the evil (even though you could probably run away to another country live happily ever after die of old age and be unaffected by evil). I doubt even at level 20 we would be able to fight the army effectively.

You have not met my monk yet :P

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

would you like to get more in-depth about that? :P I'm quite interested to see where this is going. 

Unrelated fact, I realized that my max damage is currently in the 9000s. it's only limited by the amount of arrows I have and the amount of things I can kill in a 20ft by 20ft by 20ft cube. Ranger is truly busted. (No killing me please, I chose the class cause it sounded cool before I knew anything about the game.)

7 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

would you like to get more in-depth about that? :P I'm quite interested to see where this is going. 

She's an Aarakocra monk, going the way of the open hand. Currently her Dex is 20 and her wisdom is 19, one more level and she has an natural AC of 20. When she gets high enough she can cause instant death or 10d10 necrotic damage if they succeed. Plus eventually being able to fly about 150 feet in one turn of movement. Yeah, pretty broken when you can deal 3d10 + 15 damage per turn all just for spending a single point of Ki. Or I can do 1d10 + 5 and spend 3 Ki to insta kill them or make them take 10d10 nectrotic damage. Very broken for only going to 20 :P

ED1T: Oh yeah, I forgot about the 20 passive perception and a automatic spell of sanctuary with a Wisdom saving DC of at least 15. :P

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

11 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

She's an Aarakocra monk, going the way of the open hand. Currently her Dex is 20 and her wisdom is 19, one more level and she has an natural AC of 20. When she gets high enough she can cause instant death or 10d10 necrotic damage if they succeed. Plus eventually being able to fly about 150 feet in one turn of movement. Yeah, pretty broken when you can deal 3d10 + 15 damage per turn all just for spending a single point of Ki. Or I can do 1d10 + 5 and spend 3 Ki to insta kill them or make them take 10d10 nectrotic damage. Very broken for only going to 20 :P

ED1T: Oh yeah, I forgot about the 20 passive perception and a automatic spell of sanctuary with a Wisdom saving DC of at least 15. :P

yikes. it takes me 4 or 5 turns to kill a tarrasque solo though, so... i don't know if I can speak that much. Also, my DM plays a spellcasting class and I'm pretty sure that's the reason he doesn't make us keep track of spell slots/ki points. because he's to lazy to enforce it. :P Of course, we might have to fight something that can literally kill gods easily, so our campaign certainly isn't too easy.

yikes. it takes me 4 or 5 turns to kill a tarrasque solo though, so... i don't know if I can speak that much. Also, my DM plays a spellcasting class and I'm pretty sure that's the reason he doesn't make us keep track of spell slots/ki points. because he's to lazy to enforce it. :P Of course, we might have to fight something that can literally kill gods easily, so our campaign certainly isn't too easy.

I mean, my character, she wants to know if everything can infact die.

i don't know how to respond to that. but that's what I'm gonna use the nuke spell for. That's basically our only shot of killing the boss we're probably going to fight. I asked my DM and he said that a nuke would do 25% of it's HP. 25%! That's a ton in this case. And we can respawn three times, so I'm going in and suicide bombing. Wish me luck for when we fight it.

:Salute:

i don't know how to respond to that. but that's what I'm gonna use the nuke spell for. That's basically our only shot of killing the boss we're probably going to fight. I asked my DM and he said that a nuke would do 25% of it's HP. 25%! That's a ton in this case. And we can respawn three times, so I'm going in and suicide bombing. Wish me luck for when we fight it.

:Salute:

o7

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Unrelated fact, I realized that my max damage is currently in the 9000s. it's only limited by the amount of arrows I have and the amount of things I can kill in a 20ft by 20ft by 20ft cube. Ranger is truly busted. (No killing me please, I chose the class cause it sounded cool before I knew anything about the game.)

There's an Artificer infusion that can give a bow infinite ammo.

You can fire an arrow at everything in range, but you can only fire at any specific target once per turn.

Instead of an instakill, it's just a lawnmower for armies.

#FUNTIMES

48 minutes ago, phillycheesesteak said:

Reading through this thread, it seems that most of you are most concerned with how broken you can make something.

Correct?

no, I mostly try to avoid making myself broken, I just like to look at how broken i could be if I really wanted to. Plus it makes my DM mad it it's always hilarious to see him try to figure out why my strategy wouldn't work.

1 hour ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

There's an Artificer infusion that can give a bow infinite ammo.

You can fire an arrow at everything in range, but you can only fire at any specific target once per turn.

Instead of an instakill, it's just a lawnmower for armies.

#FUNTIMES

oh, awesome. Remind me to get our Artificer to do that :P 

and is it the infusion that makes it so I can only shoot a specific target once per turn? Because, if not, with multi-attack, my damage would skyrocket. :D I'm sure my DM loves me.

9 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

oh, awesome. Remind me to get our Artificer to do that :P 

and is it the infusion that makes it so I can only shoot a specific target once per turn? Because, if not, with multi-attack, my damage would skyrocket. :D I'm sure my DM loves me.

No, it's the wording of the Ranger ability itself.

15 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

You haven't met our monk yet. He is a murder hobo, pit fighter, he doesn't care for anything other than murder, he knocks out party members who kill his victim. He hated my character for having morals and trying to leave a horse for those who need it.

11 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

no, I mostly try to avoid making myself broken, I just like to look at how broken i could be if I really wanted to. Plus it makes my DM mad it it's always hilarious to see him try to figure out why my strategy wouldn't work.

Very fun, I once knew a way to insta kill any single creature, infinite damage. Problem is the DM decided to read very very deep into the rules, and interpret things in a nonsense way, it is annoying when we were fighting something that if you go down to 0hp you get controlled at full power, this thing had over 2000 HP in 4 stages, insane number of attacks and damage, it controls all spells regardless of concentration cast. And total each player got one rare item, one uncommon and one legendary. It was a party of 4.

19 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

*realizes that these people are capped at level 20*

*laughs because homebrew*

Same.

15 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

As a DM of a homebrew campaign I had a player at level 15 in one turn deal over 500 damage to a Tarrasque (This player LOVES power, even as a DM, straight into really hard times and easily able to get caught and killed.)

Edited by The last Fae in the Woods