On 9/15/2024 at 1:47 AM, Eluvianii said:

Tfw your friend is a werewolf and starts attacking you, so you try to get her to 0 hp just to neutralize her, but you score the single best hit in the campaign so far, a double critical doing the equivalent of 5 hits, and kill her. I feel bad.

Why can't I get hits like this against enemies? I've spent the whole campaign missing shots.

I'm guessing it's too late to make the attack non-lethal?

1 hour ago, Immortal Platypus said:

I just joined a new campaign, and I am both excited and terrified. My character is a warlock whose patron is the god of lies. I can't be too specific, because I'm pretty sure that people in my party are on here, and it would kind of be really bad if they knew, but it's gonna be an adventure. We have mostly spellcasters, and very little healing (only a druid, my aasimar race trait "healing hands" and a paladin). It will be an adventure. a friend and I made our character sheets together with the full purpose of just surviving. If we get caught in an ambush, we'll probably just wipe :P 

Druids can be pretty good healers, if they stock healing spells. What subclass are you playing?

I just joined a new campaign, and I am both excited and terrified. My character is a warlock whose patron is the god of lies. I can't be too specific, because I'm pretty sure that people in my party are on here, and it would kind of be really bad if they knew, but it's gonna be an adventure. We have mostly spellcasters, and very little healing (only a druid, my aasimar race trait "healing hands" and a paladin). It will be an adventure. a friend and I made our character sheets together with the full purpose of just surviving. If we get caught in an ambush, we'll probably just wipe :P 

Druids can be pretty good healers, if they stock healing spells. What subclass are you playing?

4 hours ago, The cheeseman said:

yeah, but with four spellcasters and two martials (and we didn't originally have the paladin) it was even worse than it is now. Also, there are not many healing spells druids get access to by 5th level (cure wounds (decent), healing spirit (decent), aura of vitality (requires you to be close to who you're healing), goodberry (not great healing and impractical in combat), and revivify (only good if we die)). I play Pact of the Tome with an Archfey Patron. I might end up switching to Pact of the Talisman, but I like all the utility I get from my ton of cantrips. I'm more of a utility build and do my best to not get hit/die rather than deal a ton of damage.

7 hours ago, Just_a_Fan said:

I'm guessing it's too late to make the attack non-lethal?

Apparently, revolvers can be pretty lethal even when you don't mean to. Still, considering the setting, she might come back. I've been led to believe that the campaign is purposely difficult so that we die a bunch of times and are brought back a little more messed up. My little accident is not part of the campaign's difficulty but it may still work out.

On 9/16/2024 at 9:31 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

i start a new campaine on wendsday... this will be intresting... looking for a good dragonborn sorcerer combo...

edit: advice on how to actually play sorcerer at level one?

dont die, no melee, and act like your magic is better than everyone else's (because it is)

No melee but also keep a dagger or 10 on your person at all times just in case.

Edit: Also crossbow. One of the most dangerous things a caster can do is think they don't need weapons. A melee one for those times you're next to the enemy against your will, and a ranged one, because spells don't solve everything. And 200 bolts if you have a bag of holding or handy haversack.

Edited by Eluvianii

On 9/19/2024 at 2:58 AM, Cash67 said:

dont die, no melee, and act like your magic is better than everyone else's (because it is)

3 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

No melee but also keep a dagger or 10 on your person at all times just in case.

Edit: Also crossbow. One of the most dangerous things a caster can do is think they don't need weapons. A melee one for those times you're next to the enemy against your will, and a ranged one, because spells don't solve everything. And 200 bolts if you have a bag of holding or handy haversack.

I will keep all of this in mind. Thank you for the advice.