50 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Has anyone else been keeping up with the One DND playtests?

no. methinks that ship sailed long ago when wotc tried to monopolise the he-double-hockey-sticks out of d&d. 

Edited by Just_a_Fan_YT

7 hours ago, Voidus said:

Took a passing glance over the most recent ones but yeah they've well and truly lost their chance for me.

by now, we should make a thread for pathfinder and non-d&d ttrpgs. keep it from noif spam.

i'll make it.

it's up. entertainment discussion.

Edited by Just_a_Fan_YT

13 hours ago, Just_a_Fan_YT said:

by now, we should make a thread for pathfinder and non-d&d ttrpgs. keep it from noif spam.

i'll make it.

it's up. entertainment discussion.

As cool as more specific threads would be, I think a unified thread to talk about any game would work better. This isn't the first ttrpg thread on this part of the forum, but it's the only one that's survived. And people have already talked about their experiences with other games here. Names aside, it was already serving that purpose. 

33 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

This is for my half-orc barbarian, named Dork:

Hide contents

3C5C3727-5BC7-4346-8DFC-B8C7E3D451E2.thumb.jpeg.003e10d5c65454b92fa56e1d0742681d.jpeg

I’m playing with my family (two of my sisters, and my dad who’s DMing) 

I’m thinking about multiclassing him in bard. Just to see how my dad handles it. I probably won’t, but that sounds epic

This is a glorious character sheet. 

And if Dork has a reason to become a bard then go for it!! It would be very funny to see him attempt to rhyme consistently. 

21 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

It would be very funny to see him attempt to rhyme consistently. 

“Kill Dork will, then eat dilllllll pickles!”

I wanted his alignment to be chaotic, yes, chaotic, but apparently it isn’t allowed even though it never says it’s not allowed 

A little backstory on Dork: 

Even at a young age, two things were definite about Dork. The fact that he was dumb, and the fact that he liked to get drunk. When the two combined, well, chaos ensued. On one such day, after drinking entirely too much alcohol, he begged his parents to disown him. Also he now owns a town by accident, and is a Folk Hero by the same. Whenever asked about his great deeds, he pulls out a whiskey bottle, takes a swig, and “recounts” a tale in which he killed lots and was sober little. Therefore, there were many tales to his name, and the witless halflings that lived in the town he owned believe every story he ever told to this day.

turbulence

arrocacrayhdgfysbfgfshf (bird folk.)

ideals: purification.

bonds: his dragonborn brothers. (yes, they are biologically related,) his adopted eeveelution parents.

flaws: germaphobe.

lvl 15 ranger, jantator background.

yes, would like to run a campaign.

Edited by Just_a_Fan_YT

Yo so I have a hemalurgist that I’m playing and I got to design a mini for it… thought y’all might enjoy

https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D510848365/

Potential spoilers for Mistborn?

Spoiler

So he has a spike in his abdomen that gives him the strength necessary to wield the sword. Next session the plan is to get an eye spike that gives me SteelSight!! This characters story is gonna be great  

I am planning a Weird West campaign for some of my friends (hopefully we will start soon!) and I'm super excited. I don't have a ton of DM experience, but I'm hoping my friends enjoy it. Most of us are still pretty new to D&D. I've been playing for about a year, we've got two who have played for a few months, and the normal DM who helped me introduce the other two to D&D. My campaign is meant to be our "summer campaign," so it's planned to be around 10 sessions (but you know how that goes). Once we start it up in a little over a week, I'll update you guys. 

On 5/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, Frustration said:

Has anyone else been keeping up with the One DND playtests?

On 5/15/2023 at 0:25 PM, Just_a_Fan_YT said:

no. methinks that ship sailed long ago when wotc tried to monopolise the he-double-hockey-sticks out of d&d. 

On 5/16/2023 at 2:26 AM, Voidus said:

Took a passing glance over the most recent ones but yeah they've well and truly lost their chance for me.

This.

I'm not learning a worse system just so that WOtC can sell me more books for $50 a pop.

I'm playing today and one of my players is using heroforge minis that I bought for their birthday. I'm exited because we've been playing with random figurines and lego people for as long as I can remember. Now I will actually be able to tell the characters apart, which is nice. Also it will be the first time in a while that we have played so it should be fun. Anyways, has anyone else designed people in heroforge? I made a bunch but I've never actually bought them before. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I made a Kaladin build.

V-human for polearm Master

5 Levels in Hexblade Warlock, picking up Pact of the Blade, Fly, Spider climb, Eldritch Smite, and Thirsting Blade. And taking Great Weapon Master at level 4. This does mean we have to use a glaive instead of a spear, but the loss of damage without it was rather large.

Next 4 Levels in BattleMaster Fighter, grabbing namely Precision attack, and the Sentinel feat.

Next 2 Levels in Paladin for that sweet Smite power.

From then on it's 9 levels of Storm Sorcerer to maximize spell slots progression, grabbing Levitate. And the ability to create a frankly absurd number of spell slots by taking short rests after turning Warlock spell slots into sorcery points and back into sorcerer spell slots, allowing us to smite a lot more often.

I'd rather take 3 levels in Sorcerer and take the remaining 6 in Graviturgy Wizard, but that's campaign specific.

So what do you think?

Edited by Frustration

36 minutes ago, Frustration said:

5 Levels in Hexblade Warlock, picking up Pact of the Blade, Fly, Spider climb, Eldritch Smite, and Thirsting Blade. And taking Great Weapon Master at level 4. This does mean we have to use a glaive instead of a spear, but the loss of damage without it was rather large.

Next 4 Levels in BattleMaster Fighter, grabbing namely Precision attack, and the Sentinel feat.

From then on it's 9 levels of Storm Sorcerer to maximize spell slots progression, grabbing Levitate. And the ability to create a frankly absurd number of spell slots by taking short rests after turning Warlock spell slots into sorcery points and back into sorcerer spell slots, allowing us to smite a lot more often.

I'd rather take 3 levels in Sorcerer and take the remaining 6 in Graviturgy Wizard, but that's campaign specific.

So what do you think?

I think that's frickin awesome, and it's gonna be a boss fight in the next campaign I run.

2 hours ago, The cheeseman said:

I think that's frickin awesome, and it's gonna be a boss fight in the next campaign I run.

In that case I highly recommend taking fighter as the initial class, as you should if you start the character at level 6 and onwards.

With plate armor and the defensive fighting style from Paladin that's an AC of 19 before casting Shield(which I also recommend getting, it's part of the Hexblade spell list).

I'd also grab the superior technique fighting style from Fighter, and pick the  Ambush maneuver, in order to get the jump on the initiative order, as well as grabbing Improved Pact Weapon to use the Glaive as a spellcasting focus, and getting a +1 to hit.

Edited by Frustration

23 hours ago, Frustration said:

So what do you think?

oooo

OHHHHH

OOHHHHH NO THIS MAN IS TERRIFYING

This is such a good build, regardless of if it is a player or NPC. I wonder what Metamagic options would make this dude deadly? If you wanna go for the Kaladin vibe you could take careful and quickened spells for the fast and precise fighting style. BUT, extended spells for all of those neat recon/stealth concentration spells would be really useful as well.

OH SHOOT HE HAS SENTINEL 

18 hours ago, Cash67 said:

oooo

OHHHHH

OOHHHHH NO THIS MAN IS TERRIFYING

This is such a good build, regardless of if it is a player or NPC. I wonder what Metamagic options would make this dude deadly? If you wanna go for the Kaladin vibe you could take careful and quickened spells for the fast and precise fighting style. BUT, extended spells for all of those neat recon/stealth concentration spells would be really useful as well.

OH SHOOT HE HAS SENTINEL 

I'd probably grab Subtle Spell personally, just because of how Surgebinding works, and the fact that both hands are goong to be used for the Glaive. but all of those are good picks.

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

Yeah coffeelock builds are always broken as hell

Honestly.

Though the funny thing is that the real Kaladin was even more powerful.

On 8/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, Frustration said:

On 8/5/2023 at 0:55 AM, Voidus said:

Yeah coffeelock builds are always broken as hell

Honestly.

Though the funny thing is that the real Kaladin was even more powerful.

Yeah Radiants are broken as hell. :)