Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Calano stared in shock as Emma rubbed her scales off on a pillar, and Wizard ran by, chased by an avalanche of books.

Life was mostly back to normal.

Which was weird.

And didn't make sense.

And was positively mind bogglingly nonsensical.

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano stared in shock as Emma rubbed her scales off on a pillar, and Wizard ran by, chased by an avalanche of books.

Life was mostly back to normal.

Which was weird.

And didn't make sense.

And was positively mind bogglingly nonsensical.

"I mean, we can always go on another quest sometime," Bookwyrm said, reading Calano's mind. "We should just let everyone take a breather first, and see if anyone new wants to come to the clinic."

He then yelped and Lashed himself to the ceiling to avoid the book-alanche.

You wanted to be summoned here right?

@Ranryu

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"No. They're from my personal collection." Nameless hesitated for a moment, staring at his signed leatherbound WoK, then chucked it into the flames.

"And you're throwing them in the fire, because they are meaningless to you?"

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wizard summons a chair and suddenly looks like a therapist. "Then let's talk about your feelings."

Nameless shook his head, dropping a copy of The Fellowship of The Ring. "I dunno what there is to talk about. I just realized that books... aren't real life."

9 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wizard winces at the thud. "That realization comes to all, eventually."

Nameless nodded sadly. "I've always heard that books weren't real, but I've always thought that was just... I don't know, people making things up?" 

7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless nodded sadly. "I've always heard that books weren't real, but I've always thought that was just... I don't know, people making things up?" 

"They are real, not really in a physical sense." Wizard suddenly changes tack. "Does an idea live?"

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Ranryu walked up, moderately confused. "I've been summoned here, but-- wait. Can I have these koala sheep?"

She leaned down and began petting one. 

Welcome to the clinic Ranryu!

Currently we are all stuck in Nameless's room as the rest of the clinic is covered by an avalanch of books. You will later get your own room, probably in block C room 49.

Doctor Calano the head staff is cleaning up the mess.

And just to warn you, I am a twin and my twin is named Emma, and because of previous events she is now in my body.

Did you get all of that?

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

"They are real, not really in a physical sense." Wizard suddenly changes tack. "Does an idea live?"

"Of course an idea lives. But I don't enjoy books because they're ideas. I enjoy books because of the journey they take me on. And if that journey is ridiculous, well, I can't really enjoy a book anymore."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Of course an idea lives. But I don't enjoy books because they're ideas. I enjoy books because of the journey they take me on. And if that journey is ridiculous, well, I can't really enjoy a book anymore."

"How can a journey be ridiculous? If you gain knowledge at the end of the journey, then every step of the way was worth it."

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

"How can a journey be ridiculous? If you gain knowledge at the end of the journey, then every step of the way was worth it."

"If the story of a book was based on a completely illogical premise, would you read it? For an example, what if a book was based around a character whose narrative journey involved winning at everything without effort, because said character is an author insert. Would you read that book?"

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Ranryu took this lack of an answer as a yes and amused herself by telepathically communicating with the the koala sheep (they were much more talkative than the people who she was eavesdropping on). After all, she thought, deus ex machina is the funnest type of non-logic. Why bother to make a plot that doesn't have a huge, easily defeated bad guy?