Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, Nameless said:

"No, by killing him they saved the world. Besides that, they had no way of knowing what consequences his death would bring."

"By first condeming the world to destruction." Emma conceeds the second point. "They really couldn't have known the consequences, but they should have at least thought about some sort of protection for the skaa. Armies just marched up and many more died than died before."

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

"By first condeming the world to destruction." Emma conceeds the second point. "They really couldn't have known the consequences, but they should have at least thought about some sort of protection for the skaa. Armies just marched up and many more died than died before."

"If they had allowed The Lord Ruler's reign to continue, eventually more Skaa would have been killed than would have died during the rebellion. Besides that, the Skaa would be able to live much better lives. Seriously, what's your point with this?"

20 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"If they had allowed The Lord Ruler's reign to continue, eventually more Skaa would have been killed than would have died during the rebellion. Besides that, the Skaa would be able to live much better lives. Seriously, what's your point with this?"

"Proving a point. If you had never read those books you never would have been able to reason whether it was good or not to kill the lord ruler."

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Proving a point. If you had never read those books you never would have been able to reason whether it was good or not to kill the lord ruler."

"Will I ever use that knowledge? Did reading that book teach me that morality? Or did it just glorify rebellion in an unrealistic way?"

Just now, Nameless said:

"Will I ever use that knowledge? Did reading that book teach me that morality? Or did it just glorify rebellion in an unrealistic way?"

"You just did. It allowed you to exercise you concept of morality and it did glorify rebellion, to a unrealistic degree. You can learn an expand concepts of morality by reading books that challenge your assumptions."

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

"You just did. It allowed you to exercise you concept of morality and it did glorify rebellion, to a unrealistic degree. You can learn an expand concepts of morality by reading books that challenge your assumptions."

"I don't read to expand my worldview, I read to become immersed in a new world. And if immersion is impossible, why bother reading?"

54 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma's eyebrows raise. "No wars were ever declared based on flawed reasoning? No country has ever annexed another when they shouldn't have?"

"If anything, books are encouraging that kind of problem. There's always some bad guy, even if it's not the one you expect, and they almost always get beaten in a climactic final battle. That doesn't happen in real life."

32 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"If anything, books are encouraging that kind of problem. There's always some bad guy, even if it's not the one you expect, and they almost always get beaten in a climactic final battle. That doesn't happen in real life."

"What will provide hope to those that need hope?"