Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"You'll fit right in, just head down this hallway and it should take you to the library, where most of the clients have gotten themselves lost."

Burning tin reveals the inside of the tree to be spacious and there is a wooden circlet lying on the ground.

Bookwyrm walks over and picks up the circlet. He attempts to activate it by placing it on his head.

I wonder what they're up to back in the clinic, he wondered.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm walks over and picks up the circlet. He attempts to activate it by placing it on his head.

The circlet begins to glow with a pale blue light. The tree seems to pulse, pulling his hand towards the bark

13 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano puts his hand on another tree.

And it spoke to him.

Welcome home, Son of the Sky.

Calano stumbled backwards, in shock.

Emma hugs her tree and it speaks

Welcome home, Daughter of the Dark

Emma releases the tree from the hug and she falls on her rump in shock.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The circlet begins to glow with a pale blue light. The tree seems to pulse, pulling his hand towards the bark

Oh...it's this thing....I never was able to master this.

Bookwyrm placed his hand on the bark of the tree and, instead of trying to shape it, just tried to sense it.

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm placed his hand on the bark of the tree and, instead of trying to shape it, just tried to sense it.

The bark responded, molding around his hand, imprinting it. Veins of blue pulse through the tree and the tree glows with light. A soft purring eminates and a hidden door opens.

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano curses. Loudly.

"What is going on?"

He puts his hand back on the tree.

Son of Sky, and Daughter of Dark, together. Intriguing.

"Who are you?"

I am called the Father of Light, among many more names.

Emma rests her hand on Calano's tree.

Why do you seem so familiar?

18 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Perhaps. Young though you were, you thirsted for the knowledge of the Light. And I, Father of Light, was happy to bestow the Light upon you.

But you are Home now.
This is what matters.

Emma holds Calano's hand in hers and she listens to the Father of Light.

And to the Son of Sky, I speak to you. You have a destiny here. Larger than what you previously believed. You have been scarred, loved one's taken from you, both recently and farther in the past. Do not despair. I offer help in the form of Home. Welcome Home.

Calano stares in shock at the tree. "I... Yes, I believe we are. So this," He says to the Father, "This is where we were before? This world had the Scourge?"

Indeed. The Scourge plagued this land for many centuries. It was not until recently that the Scourge was vanguished. Vanguished by a very special group of guerilla fighters. You may know them, I believe.

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano stares in shock at the tree. "I... Yes, I believe we are. So this," He says to the Father, "This is where we were before? This world had the Scourge?"

Indeed. The Scourge plagued this land for many centuries. It was not until recently that the Scourge was vanguished. Vanguished by a very special group of guerilla fighters. You may know them, I believe.

The chickens? No not them, was it the original riders of the guardians?

No. It is because of them that you were able to survive in your pocket dimension for so long. It is because of them that you have been trained and built up for this moment.

You have come Home, you have been prepared to come Home, and you are Home.

And it is because of them.

Calano's brain races through names, until it lands on a set of faces.

4 faces.

His mother. His father. Emma's mother. Emma's father.

"Do... do you mean our parents?"

Yes, Son of Sky. Your parents were the ones who defeated the Scourge.

Emma squeezes Calano's hand as she remembers time spent with her parents, their laughter. How they would play with her and Wizard, the lessons they learned at their knees. A thought enters her mind and worms it's way in and she whispers "What if this is all a lie?"

Calano immediately turns to look her in the eyes, grabbing her other hand.

"It wasn't. I looked into this world many times over the course of my being the head of the clinic. It was all true. I watched the Scourge many times. The Father is right, it was only recently defeated, I just haven't looked into this world for so long, I did not know."

He presses a hand against the tree.

"Father, do you know where our parents are?"

Far from here, Son of Sky. Far, far from here. But a man and woman of you're talents, the both of you should be able to easily find them.

Calano looks back at Emma. "If there's even the slightest chance I can see my parents, and you can see my parents, I'm taking that chance. No matter the cost."

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano looks back at Emma. "If there's even the slightest chance I can see my parents, and you can see my parents, I'm taking that chance. No matter the cost."

"I know, but my traitorous brain refuses to think that they are alive." Emma's resolve hardens. "I will go with you, you know I will. Always, I will follow you."

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I know, but my traitorous brain refuses to think that they are alive." Emma's resolve hardens. "I will go with you, you know I will. Always, I will follow you."

"I know you will," Calano responds, "And we will prove your brain wrong. We will find them."

Calano begins to walk away, and Emma follows, holding his hand. "We'll make our way through the forest and find them."

11 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"I know you will," Calano responds, "And we will prove your brain wrong. We will find them."

Calano begins to walk away, and Emma follows, holding his hand. "We'll make our way through the forest and find them."

Emma grins "Thank you for that. Now to adventure and beyond!" Emma kisses Calano.

10 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"You'll fit right in, just head down this hallway and it should take you to the library, where most of the clients have gotten themselves lost."

Burning tin reveals the inside of the tree to be spacious and there is a wooden circlet lying on the ground.

Haly smiles “Thank you. I’ll see you, then. Or maybe not, because I’ll be smashing things. WHEEEEE!” Dashes down the hall to the library and then sits quietly and reads

8 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Thanks, Wizard! I’ll keep that in mind. Also, how do you get a quote box without quoting somebody?

bro quoted me without actually quoting me :skull:

lmao so in the bar with the B, IU... etc. there is a small quotation mark button, next to the chain and less than/greater than signs. click that and it'll give you a quote box that you can use. the eye icon is like a quote box but it posts it hidden, it's a spoiler box.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma grins "Thank you for that. Now to adventure and beyond!" Emma kisses Calano.

apologies for the double post

Calano grins. "Onward!" And they sprint in a random direction to find their destiny.

well.

i don't see this as an end, definitely not, but in terms of Clinic Lore, this is mmmm about the end of season 3.

Allow me to recap

Season 1: Meeting everyone, basic character/worldbuilding, start of the basement era.

Season 2: End of basement era, the chicken invasion.

Season 3: Calano/Emma/Wizard lore, rediscovering the past, and finding out that their parents are still alive and the Scourge is over.

That seems like a good enough recap. Eventually, every page will be summarized on the Explaining ICMBAAOM thread, but for now...

On to season 4!!

And thank you everyone for 131 pages, 3,274 replies, and a whopping 40,477 views on the RP forum! Holy crap! This has been quite an experience so far, and I don't want it to end it's too fun.

Onward, brethren, to randomness and adventure!