Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

( @The Wandering Wizard)

lets spice things up a little

Emma sat, numb, reliving over and over the moment of Calano's death.

She would never forget, not ever, the feeling of his mind being torn away from her.

The love between them shattered like glass.

Gone.

Simply gone.

And in a land far away, in a space long gone,

Calano's soul appeared for judgement.

"Judgement of the soul Calano J Corvus shall commence shortly." A voice boomed, and a gilded throne appeared. On the throne sat a man with a beard of blue flames, and hair of the purest orange.

The God of Judgement, Akais.

"Calano J Corvus, on account of your many acts in life, you have been granted the Highest Honor, in the Eternal Holy Realm of Elysium."

Calano clenched his fist. He did not know why.

"However," The god continued in his voice. Calano cocked a single eyebrow. "Because your death was caused in a pocket dimension with a disputed treaty, the death is not legitimate. Because of this, you have been granted a Return. Normal Returns are a full restoration to life, but because of the manner of your death, your Return will be... different."

Calano opened his mouth to speak, but he could not use his voice. "Farewell, Calano J Corvus."

And in a flash, Calano appeared in the lobby. He looked down at himself, and saw the gaping wound in his right leg. He looked at his arms, watching as patches lifted off him and disintegrated and then reforming, all at random. His entire body was... muted. Colors weren't as vibrant. He was gray, and sad. His memories were fuzzy. He... he didn't remember much. There was a fight...? Shouting, and pain. Oh, so much pain.

He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a deep purple powder. He decided to call it Purple. He decided that anyone who had Purple wouldn't feel fear.

Calano gave the Purple a puzzled look, put it back in his pocket, then stood in the lobby, twiddling his thumbs shyly.

not what y'all expected ey?

Edited by CalanoCorvus

18 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"All right. What kind of job do they want?"

Ranryu listened to the yupping for a second.

"They're expert repairmen, security guards, and stuntmen. They don't care what job, as long as it pays."

"Yup Yup!" a blueish Yupper interrupted. 

"Oh okay." Ranryu corrected herself. "Xorge wants to be a cook."

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Ranryu listened to the yupping for a second.

"They're expert repairmen, security guards, and stuntmen. They don't care what job, as long as it pays."

"Yup Yup!" a blueish Yupper interrupted. 

"Oh okay." Ranryu corrected herself. "Xorge wants to be a cook."

"All right. Repairmen and a cook. Sounds good to me. They can start immediately. The kitchens are a bit of a mess right now, and the plumbing's never worked quite right."

"I'm sorry," Bookwyrm said to the White Tiger (@The Wandering Wizard). "I...need to go. Something has happened."

Bookwyrm grasped his mental lifeline and pulled.

He was snapped out of the Astral Plane and back into the clinic. Bookwyrm sat up suddenly, and looked around the basement room that he was in. He stood up and dashed into the hallway.

Bookwyrm eventually found himself a path back to the main levels, and ran to the lobby, where he found Calano twiddling his thumbs.

His eyes widened.

"What....Calano?"

37 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"What is going on?" Bookwyrm asked. "How did you get here, Calano?"

Calano looked up, smiling shyly. He spoke, and his voice was higher pitched and not as sure of itself as before.

"Oh." He said, "Hello there! Do I... do I know you?"

45 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Lark stumbled as if struck. "Ah, excuse me, Ranyru. I'll have my assistant send your family their contract." Suddenly feeling exhausted, he limped from the room.

Thaidakar stood in front of him, but he seemed to be made of... water? "Lark... something's wrong. There's more at stake than just the clinic."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar stood in front of him, but he seemed to be made of... water? "Lark... something's wrong. There's more at stake than just the clinic."

Lark sighed. "What are you blathering about Thaidakar? And why are you made of water?"

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Lark sighed. "What are you blathering about Thaidakar? And why are you made of water?"

"I have absolutely no idea about the water thing. But... Lark, something's coming. Maybe several somethings. Just... be careful. Even if you are against Calano, try and defend the clinic. Don't let the chickens know too much." He started rippling, "time- is-" the last word that came from his mouth before the water fell was, "careful."

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I have absolutely no idea about the water thing. But... Lark, something's coming. Maybe several somethings. Just... be careful. Even if you are against Calano, try and defend the clinic. Don't let the chickens know too much." He started rippling, "time- is-" the last word that came from his mouth before the water fell was, "careful."

Lark shook his head in annoyance and went on his way, content to ignore Thaidakar's warnings. Although, now that the chickens were gone, the clinic did need some better security. Perhaps he could get the guardians up and running again, although the thought of how much power that would take made him feel a bit queasy.

King Chickeee sat in his throne in the hideout. His army was growing thin, he'd been counting on that invasion to go well. But... perhaps he could seize control some other way. Calano was gone now, and Lark was vulnerable. He could make his move now potentially. But this would have to be calculated better. First, he had to get his allies into talks of launching another invasion, or at least eliminate Lark.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

King Chickeee sat in his throne in the hideout. His army was growing thin, he'd been counting on that invasion to go well. But... perhaps he could seize control some other way. Calano was gone now, and Lark was vulnerable. He could make his move now potentially. But this would have to be calculated better. First, he had to get his allies into talks of launching another invasion, or at least eliminate Lark.

A messenger dashed into the throne room. "My lord! General Gladius has sent his full report. He has accomplished his goal, killing Calano and capturing the Lady of Shadows. She awaits your judgement, my lord."

Just now, Nameless said:

A messenger dashed into the throne room. "My lord! General Gladius has sent his full report. He has accomplished his goal, killing Calano and capturing the Lady of Shadows. She awaits your judgement, my lord."

"Excellent, have readied for execution and brought to the altar of vescopaple. We will soon be ready for the next phase of evolution." Chickeee nodded slowly, "also, send a message to the remaining priests that their services will be needed soon."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Excellent, have readied for execution and brought to the altar of vescopaple. We will soon be ready for the next phase of evolution." Chickeee nodded slowly, "also, send a message to the remaining priests that their services will be needed soon."

"Of course, my lord. Immediately." The messenger ran off on to do as the king demanded.

38 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano looked up, smiling shyly. He spoke, and his voice was higher pitched and not as sure of itself as before.

"Oh." He said, "Hello there! Do I... do I know you?"

Bookwyrm stood there for a moment.

"...No, you don't, apparently," he finally said. 

Bookwyrm walked over and sat down on a bench in the lobby.

"Sit," he said. "I have a lot to tell you."

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm stood there for a moment.

"...No, you don't, apparently," he finally said. 

Bookwyrm walked over and sat down on a bench in the lobby.

"Sit," he said. "I have a lot to tell you."

Calano walked over and sat next to Bookwyrm, looking at him with eyes empty of emotion and knowing. Innocence was what filled them instead.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Is it about my memories? I'm afraid I don't remember much. There was a lot of fighting, a lot of fear, and anger."

He reached into his pocket. "Here," He said, proffering towards Bookwyrm some Purple, "Have some Purple. It'll help your fear go away."

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano walked over and sat next to Bookwyrm, looking at him with eyes empty of emotion and knowing. Innocence was what filled them instead.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Is it about my memories? I'm afraid I don't remember much. There was a lot of fighting, a lot of fear, and anger."

He reached into his pocket. "Here," He said, proffering towards Bookwyrm some Purple, "Have some Purple. It'll help your fear go away."

Lark approached the pair, frowning. Why was Calano giving Bookwyrm some sort of blue purple substance? Why wasn't he flying into a rage, determined to take vengeance on Lark for all that he'd done to the clinic? "Calano? What are you and Bookwyrm doing?"

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Bookwyrm looked suspiciously at the Purple.

"Um...I don't have any fear that needs taking away...but I'll take some." Bookwyrm took the Purple and placed it in a small vial which he tucked into his small leather pouch.

"Get settled," Bookwyrm told Calano. "This is going to take a while."

He told Calano everything he remembered from the founding of the clinic up until the present.

Edited by The Bookwyrm
Ninja'd.