Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

The memory ends and Emma screams. It was only a dream, only a dream. But when she looks, all her memories have been changed. Her Calano replaced with his dead eyed corpse. Why....why do I care anymore, he's dead and soon I will join him. If only I could convince Nameless to kill me, then it would be over, finally over. No more pain, nor regret that I-- Emma stops mid-thought. But he wouldn't want me to die, yet I wish to join him....dying is the only way, there is nothing left for me in this life, nor will there ever be again.

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

This is really my only lead on what happened to him, he thought. Let's see what I can find....

It isn't your only lead. Emma would kill me if I didn't tell you, but someone else got to me, and Emma hardly seems to care about life anymore.

Page 155!

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Hey, Calano, I don't know where you're going with the Purple, so do you think that you could write the results from my experiments?

@CalanoCorvus

Bookwyrm finished his tests on the Purple. He had written down what he found in a notebook.

Bookwyrm responded to the voice in his mind. @The Wandering Wizard

So...this is Wizard I'm talking to? What do you mean by 'someone else got to you'?

And I am worried about Emma. I just don't know how to help her, same as Calano.

Edited by The Bookwyrm
Ninja'd, Edited with my response.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm responded to the voice in his mind.

So...this is Wizard I'm talking to? What do you mean by 'someone else got to you'?

And I am worried about Emma. I just don't know how to help her, same as Calano.

Took you long enough, Emma can be more easily helped than Calano. The voice seems to rethink this. Easier in relativity that Emma is in immediate danger from the chickens, she will need other help, but that can come later. The voice hesitates Just don't tell her that I was the one who told you or talked to you in your mind. It's for the best if you don't.

32 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Lark glared at Ghalano in anger. "You know, I've always hated you Calano. I wish I could just kill you now, but you'd just come back again, wouldn't you?" He grabbed Ghalano's wrist, turning and dragging him back to the infirmary. "No, I won't kill you just yet. I need to cure you first. Let you get a fair shot at reclaiming your clinic so that I can rightfully kill you and finally claim it as mine. Forever."

Ghalano blanched, and what little color remained in his face fled. He grabbed some purple, and spread it over his wound. His fear dissolved. He planted his feet and slid to a stop, resisting Lark's grasp.

"I don't know who you are," Ghalano said, "Or if I did, I don't remember. But I do know this. You are clearly afraid. Afraid of whatever Calano did while he was still alive. But I am not him. Curing me, whatever that means, would only kill me."

Ghalano was speaking words he didn't know he knew how to speak. He spoke, resisting Lark's grasp, and somehow what he said felt true. 

21 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm finished his tests on the Purple. He had written down what he found in a notebook.

The tests had revealed that the Purple was a powder made of heavily concentrated, magical Valium, a common drug to help with fear. Magic had turned it purple, and tweaked it a bit, but the structure and effect of it was the same. It was more powerful and less dangerous as well.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Ghalano blanched, and what little color remained in his face fled. He grabbed some purple, and spread it over his wound. His fear dissolved. He planted his feet and slid to a stop, resisting Lark's grasp.

"I don't know who you are," Ghalano said, "Or if I did, I don't remember. But I do know this. You are clearly afraid. Afraid of whatever Calano did while he was still alive. But I am not him. Curing me, whatever that means, would only kill me."

Ghalano was speaking words he didn't know he knew how to speak. He spoke, resisting Lark's grasp, and somehow what he said felt true. 

"Too bad. Even if you're not him, I can still feel Calano inside you somewhere. I will bring him back, and then I will kill Calano once and for all."

"I don't know where he is. I don't think you should bring him back. He might not be the same. Ever. Can you handle killing someone absolutely defenseless? Would that be able to sit comfortably in your already fragile mental state, Lark?"

Deep down, Ghalano wondered where these words were coming from.

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"I don't know where he is. I don't think you should bring him back. He might not be the same. Ever. Can you handle killing someone absolutely defenseless? Would that be able to sit comfortably in your already fragile mental state, Lark?"

Deep down, Ghalano wondered where these words were coming from.

"Oh please, of course I can. I'd kill you right now if I thought it would work. Calano deserves death for what he's done in this clinic."

"He did what was right."

Ghalano broke free of Lark's grip.

"He did what was right, giving Sanderfans a place where they could be together and enjoy themselves. It was never about the cure, Lark, don't you see?

"It Was Never About The Cure."

the magnum opus of this thread.

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"He did what was right."

"He did what was right, giving Sanderfans a place where they could be together and enjoy themselves. It was never about the cure, Lark, don't you see?

Lark laughed mirthlessly. "And that is where he failed. He made a clinic to treat a disease he never truly acknowledged as a problem. The people in this clinic, they're not merely super-Sanderfans. They're addicted to Sanderson books. After the library burned down, they began rioting within hours. They can't live normal lives because of their obsession with everything Brandon Sanderson has written. Calano lost sight of that, or perhaps never saw it at all. Either way, I'm in charge now. And I won't let his folly continue." Lark grabbed Ghalano's arm again. "Come on. Let's get back to the infirmary before someone assumes I've murdered you. Even if that leg of yours doesn't hurt, it needs to be checked out at the very least."

Ghalano, for some reason, grabbed Lark's arm and twisted it. Lark flipped over, slamming backside down into the ground, immediately knocking the breath out of him. He was momentarily stunned.

"No." Ghalano said simply.

Then he walked away to wander some more, praying Lark would please leave him alone.

2 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Random Fellow turned to him, and Lark noticed that only his eyes were on fire.

"I did not intend to, but the dreams of elemental beings are dangerous, especially those who once were mortals.

"Well, if this was merely an accident, I'm sure you won't mind if I leave?"

"This is a Dreamspace, Lark." Random Fellow smiled slightly. "It exists when I am asleep, and is not possible to get out of for the duration of my sleep. You are also only here mentally, your body is still asleep in reality. I will wake soon, but when I do you will have been asleep for three hours." his expression darkened, and the fires that were his eyes burned a deep red. "Be wary, and be open minded. Infinite possibility. And if you find an Earthstone, please contact me." With that another warping bent reality, and Lark awoke.

5 minutes ago, AspiringArchivist said:

Meanwhile in room D55...

TAAron studies Allomancy in an effort to disover the secret to Excisors. He opens his concealed bag of Allomantic metals to begin experimentation.

A tiny gateway opened up in the corner of his room, and a voice came through it. "Hey, you! How's the clinic doing?"

5 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"This is a Dreamspace, Lark." Random Fellow smiled slightly. "It exists when I am asleep, and is not possible to get out of for the duration of my sleep. You are also only here mentally, your body is still asleep in reality. I will wake soon, but when I do you will have been asleep for three hours." his expression darkened, and the fires that were his eyes burned a deep red. "Be wary, and be open minded. Infinite possibility. And if you find an Earthstone, please contact me." With that another warping bent reality, and Lark awoke.

Lark groaned, sitting up. Really. Did I have to knock my head so hard? I really should make some sort of fall protection for this place.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"He did what was right."

YES!

(@The Wandering Wizard

Emma was dragged in burning chains by five floating chicken priests into a large archaic looking room covered in red glowing runes. Ten more chicken priests hovered in the room. The chickens laid Emma's chained form onto the altar and bound her with even more burning chains. The lead chicken floated higher and started chanting...

38 minutes ago, Nameless said:

A tiny gateway opened up in the corner of his room, and a voice came through it. "Hey, you! How's the clinic doing?"

TAAron looked taken aback. "Well... okay, I guess. For me, anyways. There seems to be some weird stuff going on, though. Some people were fighting and this one guy just fell asleep randomly. It's very confusing." He shifted his metals out of sight as subtly as he could. "So. Who are you? Why are you here?"

Just now, AspiringArchivist said:

TAAron looked taken aback. "Well... okay, I guess. For me, anyways. There seems to be some weird stuff going on, though. Some people were fighting and this one guy just fell asleep randomly. It's very confusing." He shifted his metals out of sight as subtly as he could. "So. Who are you? Why are you here?"

"I'm no one important. Everyone's still alive, right? They're not all dead?"

18 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

(@The Wandering Wizard

Emma was dragged in burning chains by five floating chicken priests into a large archaic looking room covered in red glowing runes. Ten more chicken priests hovered in the room. The chickens laid Emma's chained form onto the altar and bound her with even more burning chains. The lead chicken floated higher and started chanting...

Emma closes her eyes and smiles Soon it will all be over. A memory of old, uncorrected returns. @CalanoCorvus

Far far away, in a Limbo of a Mind, a sobbing figure feels the comfort of a soul soon to join him.

It stops his sobbing, only for a second.

He looks up, for the first time in forever. And sees the white of the After. The white of his Love.

It is beautiful.