Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano stared at nothing, contemplating something. "What's his personality like. How does he act? How do... How do I act?"

"He acts like one who has been hit in the head and isn't quite the same afterwards. He doesn't seem to care about anything, he's rather like Taln except he has no memories at all."

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"He acts like one who has been hit in the head and isn't quite the same afterwards. He doesn't seem to care about anything, he's rather like Taln except he has no memories at all."

Calano looks back down at Emma. "That must have been hell for you to go through. I'm so sorry."

"But, that's the thing. This place," He said, gesturing around at his Limbo, "This place bombards me with negative thoughts, and doesn't let me leave. It's oppresive and cruel and dark, and I hate it." Tears begin to fill Calano's eyes, and whispers slowly start to gain volume around the pair. "It's awful here." He whispers.

11 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"But, that's the thing. This place," He said, gesturing around at his Limbo, "This place bombards me with negative thoughts, and doesn't let me leave. It's oppresive and cruel and dark, and I hate it." Tears begin to fill Calano's eyes, and whispers slowly start to gain volume around the pair. "It's awful here." He whispers.

"Then come out with me. I can keep those thoughts from you."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"I can't leave," He says agitatedly, "I can't leave, it won't let me. The doors and windows are deadbolted, and won't budge, no matter how many times I try to unlock and open them.

"I. Cannot. Leave."

"Have you ever tried with those that you love and care about more than anyone else? Those which empower you and lift you up?"

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"They aren't here. They weren't here. I couldn't try. And if I can't, and it's my own Limbo, my own mind, what can they do?"

"But I am here. You control your mind, just focus on all the good times and accept that there will be the good with the bad. That is what makes life worth living, please I am pleading with you, come out of this slump, I need you Calano."

5 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “I dunno. Probably down one of the halls. Hmmmm… you could find a map. There’s a map outside the library.”

"Alright, thanks. And thanks for getting my bag. I don't know what I'd do if I lost it."

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"But I am here. You control your mind, just focus on all the good times and accept that there will be the good with the bad. That is what makes life worth living, please I am pleading with you, come out of this slump, I need you Calano."

Calano tried to speak, but had no words. The whispers overpowered his mind, trying so hard to prevent him from thinking about the positives.

But he tried. He tried hard, harder than ever before, to make the memories of Emma, of Wizard, of his Parents, of everyone, to make those memories surface.

They began to surface. Slowly. But, as they surfaced, more began to surface, the rate accelerating. Memories of days spent in the woods with Wizard and Emma. Memories of peaceful days before the Scourge. Mostly memories with Emma.

It was a lot of memories with Emma.

But the memories filled him, chasing away the whispers. The Limbo seemed to brighten, and the windows began to let in sunlight.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano tried to speak, but had no words. The whispers overpowered his mind, trying so hard to prevent him from thinking about the positives.

But he tried. He tried hard, harder than ever before, to make the memories of Emma, of Wizard, of his Parents, of everyone, to make those memories surface.

They began to surface. Slowly. But, as they surfaced, more began to surface, the rate accelerating. Memories of days spent in the woods with Wizard and Emma. Memories of peaceful days before the Scourge. Mostly memories with Emma.

It was a lot of memories with Emma.

But the memories filled him, chasing away the whispers. The Limbo seemed to brighten, and the windows began to let in sunlight.

Emma helps Calano up and gives him a new, positive memory, she kisses him while hugging him.

39 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma helps Calano up and gives him a new, positive memory, she kisses him while hugging him.

In the lobby, Ghalano begins to scratch agitatedly at his hands.

"Something is... different. Something is changing."

In Limbo, Calano kisses Emma back.

Ghalano shivers a bit. "I have a strange feeling," He says, "I... I don't like it."

29 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

In Limbo, Calano kisses Emma back.

Emma pulls back from the kiss and the words catch in her throat. He needs to here these words. Yet she shied away from them. I didn't accept last time, why would I now, because I now feel them. That is why. "Wi-" the words stumble in her mouth, finally tumbling out in a rush. "Will you marry me, Calano?"

Have fun with that Calano :P

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

...damn

wasn't expecting that one.

i have literally sat here for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to respond to that.

Calano blinked. Then he blinked again.

Then he smiled.

Then he smiled wider.

Then he said, "That took you too long."

Then he laughed.

He kissed her, and in the lobby, Ghalano slowly dissipated into nothing, and in his spot, Calano appeared, unconcious.

In Limbo, Calano continued to kiss Emma, overjoyed.

well that's a development.

Lark approached Calano, holding a glowing dagger in one hand. This is my chance. Strike now, and he falls. Sure, Emma will kill me for certain, if Wizard doesn't get to me first, but at least Calano will be dead for good. Hesitating, he looked down at the helpless body of his foe. Is this really what I've come to? Killing someone not because it will aid my goals, but because I hate them? Slowly, he let the dagger fall from his hand, clinking harmlessly against the floor.

The Limbo bled to white, and Calano opened his eyes.

He looked up, and saw Lark.

Then, he looked Lark dead in the eyes, then saw red.

By the time it was over, Calano had Lark pinned under him, a wave of power preventing Lark from doing anything.

"You," Calano said coldly, "You allowed my fiancee to be captured, and almost killed, and did allow me to be killed." He reached over and grabbed the dagger from the floor.

"What does that make you think you deserve?" Calano asked, putting the tip to Lark's throat. "You stole my home, my clinic, my life out from under me. I should do the same. Put you in your own Limbo, how does that sound?"

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"What does that make you think you deserve?" Calano asked, putting the tip to Lark's throat. "You stole my home, my clinic, my life out from under me. I should do the same. Put you in your own Limbo, how does that sound?"

Wizard appears as a white tiger and slowly shakes his head at Calano. You can not kill him, he is indebted.

50 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano blinked. Then he blinked again.

Then he smiled.

Then he smiled wider.

Then he said, "That took you too long."

Then he laughed.

He kissed her, and in the lobby, Ghalano slowly dissipated into nothing, and in his spot, Calano appeared, unconcious.

In Limbo, Calano continued to kiss Emma, overjoyed.

Emma wakes up on the top of the clinic with a simle on her face and teleports down to Calano, freezing when she sees the scene.