Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

"Fine." Calano says, but he looks back down at Lark, "But if you make any move against me or my fiancee, I swear I will rip your life force from you where you stand, regardless of whatever debt you're in. And I want my Clinic back."

"We'll find a way." Calano said, then he looked up at Emma, who was clearly struggling to refrain herself from launching herself at Lark. "Calm down, Emma. We were having a talk."

"Lark," He said, looking back down, "You and I are gonna have a talk again later about why you can't give me my clinic back, and then we'll try to do it anyway. I have an idea."

34 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Lark struggled futilely against his energy holding him in place. "Look, Emma. If it's any consolation, I didn't expect the chickens to be able to kill Calano. I think they surprised all of us with their effectiveness."

She can't respond physically or move as I am restraining her for now, otherwise your soul would have been ripped out and your conciousness kept intact. 

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

She can't respond physically or move as I am restraining her for now, otherwise your soul would have been ripped out and your conciousness kept intact. 

"Hmph. Maybe you should just let her do it. Limbo wouldn't be that bad."

"It worked."

You sound surprised.

"Well, it's not like I have any experience in potion brewing or mental invasion of privacy."

Lucky for you I do. Do you still feel bad?

"No, I see why it was necessary. I thought for sure they had us figured out for a minute though."

They never do. I doubt they even noticed the spell at all. It's better that way. They'll stay safer.

"What's next?"

The next clause of the contract, I would suppose. We have work to do before we rest.

Just now, Nameless said:

"Hmph. Maybe you should just let her do it. Limbo wouldn't be that bad."

She wouldn't be kind enough to give you Limbo.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"It worked."

You sound surprised.

"Well, it's not like I have any experience in potion brewing or mental invasion of privacy."

Lucky for you I do. Do you still feel bad?

"No, I see why it was necessary. I thought for sure they had us figured out for a minute though."

They never do. I doubt they even noticed the spell at all. It's better that way. They'll stay safer.

"What's next?"

The next clause of the contract, I would suppose. We have work to do before we rest.

Both the voices her a growling roar WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Both the voices her a growling roar WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

Ah. Someone's finally figured us out, I see. Worry not, our spell is a boon that will protect you from the coming danger. Consider it a gift from the Aos sí.

Come Ranryu, let us take our leave now.

And with that, Ranryu's presence winked out of existence. 

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Worse than that, not I can't say that....fine, think a fate worse than Graendal's.

Lark finally managed to sit up, dispelling some of the power holding him. "Worse than Graendal? That doesn't say much. Graendal's fate was hardly terrible."

8 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Lark finally managed to sit up, dispelling some of the power holding him. "Worse than Graendal? That doesn't say much. Graendal's fate was hardly terrible."

I suppose so, though now that you are free I must chase ghosts in the mist. With that Wizard disappears, going to find the Yuppers and learn why they had done what they had.

Emma erupts into motion mouth moving silently at Wizard's swiftly departing form. Darkness crackles in Emma's palms as she turns to face Lark.

Ranryu's body laughed, though the mirth did not completely belong to her.

"Our poor lost kitty thinks Grandpa made the potion!"

The Rightful One laughed with her. Of course he does. These beings know not with whom they deal. Just as your dear Grandpa bargained your body from our rest, unknowing of the promises being made, so will these- dealing unknowingly. 

"Should I stop him?"

No, let them be for the moment. If they are to be allies, then they must become such on their own. Besides, our form requires recharging if we are to keep the contract alive.

"Yup yupyupyupyupyup. YUP. Yup yup up up yup....*"

*You speak Yupper? Excellent! Grandpa was walking around trying to figure out how to fix the holes in the building when he had a bad feeling that baby dragon child was making trouble so he ran all the way across the clinic and now he's missing. Do you like fish? I like fish. The other day, I was cleaning the white water chairs when a fish popped out of one and...

(The Yupper continues rambling on with no regard for his uninterested audience)