Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Calano facepalmed. "Lark, you are making this so much more difficult than it needs to be. You stole this clinic from underneath my dead body. Literally. All I want is to get it back, and we have a surefire method to do so, and you're stalling. Please, just cooperate here."

"I'm not stalling. I'm just telling you that while this method would normally work fine, protecting me from the backlash while still removing my illegitimate signature from the treaty, it would likely just kill me. The treaty would burn my signature away instantly as, and as my signature is being replenished from my blood, I would die with it."

"You're misunderstanding. This form," Calano said, and he tapped the form, "This one right here, it switches control over safely and lawfully. What this is," He said, gesturing at the device and the blood signature, "is unsafe and unlawful. Once the form is filled out and signed accordingly, it will be fine." Calano looked at Lark. "I give you my word."

Bookwyrm looked over the treaty.

He didn't understand much of it.

The nature of these pocket dimensions makes a lot more sense to Calano and Emma. And Lark, I suppose. I'm not familiar with worlds of this type.

He placed his copy of the treaty back in his desk, then stood up. He started walking towards the library.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

"Because, as I said, removing my signature would kill me."

Calano slumped forward, head smacking against the desk. He sat up again. "Lark, I already explained to you. This form will make it so that your signature is removed, and you don't. die. It overrides that part of the Treaty. That's basically why this form even exists, as a safe alternative. Do you get it now? You're not going to die, I don't know how else- Emma, please help me out here."

He turned to Emma (@The Wandering Wizard)

17 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly crept carefully toward the door, watching her purple circle of light shift with her, brushing her fingertips along the wall. The foreboding didn’t leave.

It grew.

Something’s very wrong, she thought. But what?

That’s what I need to find out.

But do I?

She shook her head frantically. Quit it. You’re overreacting.

She twisted the doorknob and walked inside.

Then realized she was wrong.

I wonder where Haly is, TAAron thought idly. He hadn't seen her for a while now, even though she should have been back from getting her hairpin tweaked a while ago. Unless it takes a long time to get tweaked. That must be it. After all, she had seemed pretty confident in her knowledge of the Beneath, and he was no expert in the branch of magic she was involved in. Who was he to judge how long it should take? He went back to his room again, and to his studies. The spikes he had found in the cookies were proving very interesting,

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

14 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano slumped forward, head smacking against the desk. He sat up again. "Lark, I already explained to you. This form will make it so that your signature is removed, and you don't. die. It overrides that part of the Treaty. That's basically why this form even exists, as a safe alternative. Do you get it now? You're not going to die, I don't know how else- Emma, please help me out here."

He turned to Emma (@The Wandering Wizard)

Time of a bunch of nonsense jargon.

"Alright, so as you know the subastral construct that attached itself to you can only be removed through legal transfer of power. So if the blood burns out, this construct will consume your sanity and then your life. Now this would be normally easy to remove, but it is protected through numerous tricks and squarders. To remove those and allow this treaty to override the other part of the treaty and remove the construct for you. This part of the treaty is the only one imbuded with this power for the next week, it will switch and plasp with other ones in order to protect it..." Many hours later. "And that is why signing this will ensure that you won't lose your sanity and die. Will you sign it now?"

@Nameless

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Alright, so as you know the subastral construct that attached itself to you can only be removed through legal transfer of power. So if the blood burns out, this construct will consume your sanity and then your life. Now this would be normally easy to remove, but it is protected through numerous tricks and squarders. To remove those and allow this treaty to override the other part of the treaty and remove the construct for you. This part of the treaty is the only one imbuded with this power for the next week, it will switch and plasp with other ones in order to protect it..." Many hours later. "And that is why signing this will ensure that you won't lose your sanity and die. Will you sign it now?"

“I… don’t quite follow. Does this form break co-axial connection, or simply reinforce subastral pathways?”

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

“I… don’t quite follow. Does this form break co-axial connection, or simply reinforce subastral pathways?”

"To put it simply, it does both. It breaks your co-axial connection and strenghten's the constructs attachment to the treaty instead of you."

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"To put it simply, it does both. It breaks your co-axial connection and strenghten's the constructs attachment to the treaty instead of you."

“What kind of Cardinal protections does it have? Periodical or subliminal?”

Edited by Nameless

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The thing that was called Thaidakar appeared next to Calano. His smokey form swirled around itself, giving the vague impression of what he'd formerly been. "Calano... I see you are back." ( @CalanoCorvus)

Calano nodded to the figure. "Thaidakar."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano nodded to the figure. "Thaidakar."

"Calano, I know that if I started on a rant about how the clinic should be mine, you'll just ignore it. So, I have another idea." Thaidakar's smoky form stirred slightly, a glow coming from the area that eyes would ordinarily be, "We need to talk about changing parts of the treaty."

18 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I'd say there are around 200 different kinds in the treaty." Emma hooks her arm around Calano's waist. "My dear, would you like to explain this one to Lark?"

"All the Flagons provide extra security to the treaty. I still don't know why I have to explain all of this, because if you could just sign the form, we'd be much better off, but in short, the Flagons help provide protection from unnecesary tampering. I say unnecesary because that's in the strictest sense of the term. They didn't Flag you because you were doing what you thought was necessary, not just doing it for the sake of doing it."

Edited by CalanoCorvus

56 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"All the Flagons provide extra security to the treaty. I still don't know why I have to explain all of this, because if you could just sign the form, we'd be much better off, but in short, the Flagons help provide protection from unnecesary tampering. I say unnecesary because that's in the strictest sense of the term. They didn't Flag you because you were doing what you thought was necessary, not just doing it for the sake of doing it."

“Yes, I’m aware. I wasn’t Flagged, although I did trip three of the Authenticators. Backpedaling to the co-axial connection, what method does the form use for breaking it? I wasn’t aware that such a feat was possible, at least not safely.”