Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

32 minutes ago, Nameless said:

“Yes, I’m aware. I wasn’t Flagged, although I did trip three of the Authenticators. Backpedaling to the co-axial connection, what method does the form use for breaking it? I wasn’t aware that such a feat was possible, at least not safely.”

Emma grins at her fiancee, Calano, and then turns back to Lark. "My parent's and Calano's parents used a sort of mixed Hrotedinger and Schluze method. Combining their ideas and methods into a new way that removes the co-axial connection to you and attaches it back to the holding artifice."

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

"In other words, they combined the two best methods into the new ultimate method for safe, lawful transfer of power after a drastic unlawful change in power. Do you finally understand?"

nameless this is actually getting tedious. can we move past the contract explanations and please further the plot?

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"In other words, they combined the two best methods into the new ultimate method for safe, lawful transfer of power after a drastic unlawful change in power. Do you finally understand?"

“Yes. This method will definitely kill me. My death would not come from the backlash of the contract, that would be survivable at worst. It would come from the removal of my signature. Any method of removal I know of, no matter how gentle, would kill me. I made the writing unerasa-“ lark paused suddenly, looking down at the treaty. “Do either of you have a pair of scissors?”

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

“Yes. This method will definitely kill me. My death would not come from the backlash of the contract, that would be survivable at worst. It would come from the removal of my signature. Any method of removal I know of, no matter how gentle, would kill me. I made the writing unerasa-“ lark paused suddenly, looking down at the treaty. “Do either of you have a pair of scissors?”

Emma pulls a pair from the void and hands then to Lark.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma warrily eyes Lark. "What are you going to do with that paper?" Emma asks, while preparing a few traps. Just in case.

“Nothing.” Lark spun the treaty around and shoved it over to Emma. “Look at it.”

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

“Nothing.” Lark spun the treaty around and shoved it over to Emma. “Look at it.”

Emma's eyebrows climb up her forehead. "That was unexpected, but it did work. The threads are snapped, you are free Lark." 

You're nearing 4,000 posts Nameless.

Calano blinked, watching his Signature grow back into the treaty. Suddenly, deep inside him, he felt a small reservoir of energy fill. He hadn't even noticed it's absence.

The clinic was his again.

"Well," He said, "That was... unexpected."

22 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano nodded, and waved his hand. The Treaty vanished. "Once you have it set up and ready to go, send a report to my desk for approval."

Emma looks up at the clock and yawns. It's been 48 hours already? Why did that take so long. Emma looks at Calano. "You look like you need a lot of rest." 

She yawns again. "I should probably get some rest as well." Emma tiredly smiles at Calano, gives him a quick peck on the check, and heads off to a bed of grass in the forest, where the animals reside.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Calano nods, and watches her leave. He's too tired to do anything other than let his head fall onto his desk. He's been awake for over 60 hours. The second his head hits the desk, he falls asleep.

Calano dreams peacefully, for the first time in a long time.

Hours go by...

The night goes on...

And then, just before dawn.

Calano awakes.

His eyes snap open, and he sits up. He yawns, but he does feel quite refreshed. Perhaps it is the energy from regaining control of the Clinic.

He looks around, then teleports to where Emma is. He lays down on his stomach in front of her face, then gently kisses her nose. "Emma..." He says in a sing song voice.