Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

23 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Upon reaching the library, TAAron stopped filling the zincmind. He had bumped into several walls on the way, but his zinc minds were a good deal more full. Burning tin now, be peered at Karden's book, trying to discern the title.

It’s a history of the clinic 

Karden looks over at him coldly “You’re still here? Get out of here. I’m not a merciful person.”

Haly: echoes dreamily “Not merciful…”

43 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden looks over at him coldly “You’re still here? Get out of here. I’m not a merciful person.”

Haly: echoes dreamily “Not merciful…”

"Fine." TAAron walked away until he figured he would be out of earshot, then sat down in a corner and ate the piece of metal he had been using as a zinc mind. Slipping on a few zinc rings, he burned it, and felt a wave of pure mental speed rush him. Quickly, he diverted the sudden flow into his rings, nearly overfilling them with an excess of Feruchemical power and quickly coming up with a plan as he did so. He was left quite hungry, but he could deal with it. He began creeping back to the library, coins in hand and ready for a fight.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
I love typos, don't you? Also grammatical errors.

44 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Fine." TAAron walked away until he figured he would be out of earshot, then sat down in a corner and ate the piece of metal he had been using as a zinc mind. Slipping on a few zinc rings, he burned it, and felt a wave of pure mental speed rush him. Quickly, he diverted the sudden flow into his rings, nearly overfilling them with an excess of Feruchemical power and quickly coming up with a plan as he did so. He was left quite hungry, but he could deal with it. He began creeping back to the library, coins in hand and ready for a fight.

Karden snaps the book shut, frustrated “Is anything here useful?”

Haly: “Yes… many things…”

Karden shakes his head in disgust

18 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden snaps the book shut, frustrated “Is anything here useful?”

Haly: “Yes… many things…”

Karden shakes his head in disgust

Hmmm... This Karden could prove to be a great stumbling block to our plans. We will need to keep an eye on him.

Ranryu wasn't listening. Her eyes swept back forth from shelf to shelf. "I burned this library once. Look at it now. All that fire- useless."

Focus, dragon. We're here for the thread. Let me drive.

Ranryu gave in, but she couldn't shake the image of fire, glorious burning paper and binding!

So much fire... Something's wrong with you, I can feel it.

"So?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Hmmm... This Karden could prove to be a great stumbling block to our plans. We will need to keep an eye on him.

Ranryu wasn't listening. Her eyes swept back forth from shelf to shelf. "I burned this library once. Look at it now. All that fire- useless."

Focus, dragon. We're here for the thread. Let me drive.

Ranryu gave in, but she couldn't shake the image of fire, glorious burning paper and binding!

So much fire... Something's wrong with you, I can feel it.

"So?"

Karden whirls around, sensing her presence “Ah, hello. Are you in charge aroun here?”

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden whirls around, sensing her presence “Ah, hello. Are you in charge aroun here?”

The Rightful One responded, Ranryu being in no state for conversation.

"You are intruding. Why?" Her wings flared out threateningly. 

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden: smiles eerily “Revenge.”

Haly: absently “Revenge…”

"What have you done to my little cousin?" Ranryu returned, eyes sparking.

The Rightful One tensed, then grabbed Haly and dissipated into clouds.

This smells wrong. Like rot...

Nameless finally found the new Bastille book, only to discover that it was actually a copy of Alcatraz book five. Some malicious soul having swapped the cover with Bastille's book.

Turning in disgust, he noticed Haly and Karden. "Hey! Who are you?"

33 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden: smiles eerily “Revenge.”

Haly: absently “Revenge…”

TAAron burst into the library, as quietly as he could. With the mental speed of compounded zinc, he was able to make split-second decisions. He braced himself against a wall and took less than half a second to aim before firing 3 coins directly at Karden with a duralumin-fueled Push.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron burst into the library, as quietly as he could. With the mental speed of compounded zinc, he was able to make split-second decisions. He braced himself against a wall and took less than half a second to aim before firing 3 coins directly at Karden with a duralumin-fueled Push.

Karden looks at him with a sneer and twists his hand

Haly jumps in front of them and owch

Hang on guys I made a mess XD

35 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"What have you done to my little cousin?" Ranryu returned, eyes sparking.

The Rightful One tensed, then grabbed Haly and dissipated into clouds.

This smells wrong. Like rot...

Karden doesn’t notice

Haly looks around absently “Karden?”

33 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless finally found the new Bastille book, only to discover that it was actually a copy of Alcatraz book five. Some malicious soul having swapped the cover with Bastille's book.

Turning in disgust, he noticed Haly and Karden. "Hey! Who are you?"

Karden: “My name is not important. Who are you?”

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Karden twists his hand and they deflect

I JUST REALIZED POST 300.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl
300 POSTS

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden: “My name is not important. Who are you?”

"My name is Nameless, and I'm an old-timer here at the clinic." Nameless twirled his cape dramatically. "I have returned at last from a long adventure to claim my rightful place in this library!"

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden twists his hand and they deflect

While Karden's abilities were difficult to process, it didn't take TAAron all too long. As Nameless apparently struck up a conversation with the strange man, he launched himself at Karden in an attempt at melee combat, mostly to test his opponent further.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"My name is Nameless, and I'm an old-timer here at the clinic." Nameless twirled his cape dramatically. "I have returned at last from a long adventure to claim my rightful place in this library!"

Karden: “Well. Don’t keep your apples in one basket, if you know what I mean.” Smiles sinisterly

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

While Karden's abilities were difficult to process, it didn't take TAAron all too long. As Nameless apparently struck up a conversation with the strange man, he launched himself at Karden in an attempt at melee combat, mostly to test his opponent further.

He falls against a light shield and a light spear flies at his head

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden: “Well. Don’t keep your apples in one basket, if you know what I mean.” Smiles sinisterly

Nameless smiled back. "Yes, well. hypnotizing people against their will isn't cool." a sword of fire appeared in his hand, and he charged.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

With a near-instantaneous reaction time, TAAron deflects the spear and launches himself up, then straight down at his opponent. 

Karden: “Really. You get that once I finish whoever’s in charge here, you’re next?” Slips aside and stabs a dagger at him

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless smiled back. "Yes, well. hypnotizing people against their will isn't cool." a sword of fire appeared in his hand, and he charged.

Karden: “Hypnotize? Oh no. She sought me out, subjecting herself to me.”

Just now, Ranryu said:

Ranryu returns and casts an ice mirror spell.

Everything goes cold and still, people blinking in confusion.

Karden is confused, then wrenches himself out of the spell and looks around in bewilderment

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Karden: “Hypnotize? Oh no. She sought me out, subjecting herself to me.”

"Yes, and I'm sure you didn't use any magical powers on her at all. She just willingly followed you around with a blank look on her face, in a complete daze, following your every whim." Nameless swung his sword for Karden's chest.