Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

9 hours ago, Nameless said:

Nameless caught up to Haly, slightly out of breath. “This… doesn’t look like the tower of Ghengi. Some kind of trick perhaps?”

Haly: “Trick? No. This is…” delight chokes her for a moment and she manages to squeak, “This is Nayo. Nayori. It’s derived from the Kellan words for ‘our shame’. Because they retreated. But they HAD to. If they hadn’t, they’d have all been finished for good.”

1 hour ago, Ranryu said:

Ranryu walked behind Haly and Nameless. She looked bedraggled, her face smudged with dirt and some strange orange substance. 

"You... have you seen any spiders?"

She stumbled, but caught herself.

"We need... we need spiders. To make thread."

@The Halcyon Girl @Nameless

Haly: concerned “Are you all right? Ranryu… you don’t look all right.”

@Nameless @Ranryu

Ok, because none of my characters can "subtly" pass on this knowledge, I'll just say it OOC. To recover from a coma, a person will require close medical attention. Right now, TAAron is lying on the floor in some random dimension. I will say that he'll probably die in about 6 in-universe hours if nothing is done.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Ok, because none of my characters can "subtly" pass on this knowledge, I'll just say it OOC. To recover from a coma, a person will require close medical attention. Right now, TAAron is lying on the floor in some random dimension. I will say that he'll probably die in about 6 in-universe hours if nothing is done.

....Which dimension?

Because my character is currently in a random dimension....

Edited by The Bookwyrm

22 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

....Which dimension?

Because my character is currently in a random dimension....

Talking about a separate subplot from yours that I'm doing with Haly and Nameless (and apparently Ranryu now too) I guess I should probably summon them so they see it.

@The Halcyon Girl@Nameless See previous message

1 hour ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “Trick? No. This is…” delight chokes her for a moment and she manages to squeak, “This is Nayo. Nayori. It’s derived from the Kellan words for ‘our shame’. Because they retreated. But they HAD to. If they hadn’t, they’d have all been finished for good.”

"Oh." Nameless glanced back at the doorway they'd come through. "Sorry. When I saw you drawing a triangle... Well, I'm glad its safe here." turning quickly to hide his embarrassment, Nameless knelt next to TAAron, delving him for injuries. "Storms, this is bad. I don't think I can heal TAAron without killing him."

29 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Oh." Nameless glanced back at the doorway they'd come through. "Sorry. When I saw you drawing a triangle... Well, I'm glad its safe here." turning quickly to hide his embarrassment, Nameless knelt next to TAAron, delving him for injuries. "Storms, this is bad. I don't think I can heal TAAron without killing him."

Using his waning control over TAAron, the manipulator found that he could jump a connection to Nameless' mind. It wasn't nearly enough to have any semblance of control over him, but it was enough for him to whisper. Given the lost cause that was using the fallen boy as a vessel, it was important now to discourage his friends from potentially healing the scholar.

Dead, he whispered in the weaver's mind. He's already dead.

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Using his waning control over TAAron, the manipulator found that he could jump a connection to Nameless' mind. It wasn't nearly enough to have any semblance of control over him, but it was enough for him to whisper. Given the lost cause that was using the fallen boy as a vessel, it was important now to discourage his friends from potentially healing the scholar.

Dead, he whispered in the weaver's mind. He's already dead.

Nameless shook his head violently. "No. he's still alive. I can save him. We just need to get him back to the clinic." Turning to Haly, he looked around at the beautiful terrain around them. "Haly? We need to get back to the clinic. The infirmary there can save TAAron, but I'm not skilled enough at healing to help him here."

2 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: concerned “Are you all right? Ranryu… you don’t look all right."

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Spiders? Ranyru, how did you get here? Is everyone getting out of the clinic now?"

Ranryu shivered. "Why is it so cold in here?"

Come on now, I should be driving. You're sick.

"No. I... I need do help. Somehow." She turned to Haly. "This is your place, right? Got any giant spiders?"

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Nameless shook his head violently. "No. he's still alive. I can save him. We just need to get him back to the clinic." Turning to Haly, he looked around at the beautiful terrain around them. "Haly? We need to get back to the clinic. The infirmary there can save TAAron, but I'm not skilled enough at healing to help him here."

The manipulator continued, thinking of bluffs to try and convince the man to give up. Dead. There's no saving him now, and you know it. And if you leave this place, he will be back under my control. Give up, and save yourself.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The manipulator continued, thinking of bluffs to try and convince the man to give up. Dead. There's no saving him now, and you know it. And if you leave this place, he will be back under my control. Give up, and save yourself.

"I will not give up on him. I hear your whispers, I see your lies."

6 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano nods. "Yes. Invites, actual event planning, and then the wedding itself." He stands, and walks over to Emma, taking her hands. "And afterwards, we should pick up our search where we left off."

Emma grins. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that your uncle is still confused in the forest." Emma's hands warm at Calano's touch and she pulls him onto her lap, and she vibrates with joy.

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm walked over to it and crouched down slightly, so that it's eye level was above his own.

"What are you? And what are you doing here?" Bookwyrm asked. He had the impression that the creature somehow understood him.

The wind changes, the trees shift, they crackle and pop, grappling, branch on branch. The clouds tumble and the roar of thunder zooms into the forest. The creature begins to run away from the shifting landscape.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

@The Halcyon Girl@Nameless See previous message

Gotcha

41 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Haly: “That’s okay. We’ll go to Xairim and get an Anglika. Hurry!” Sprints toward the mountain

40 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Ranryu shivered. "Why is it so cold in here?"

Come on now, I should be driving. You're sick.

"No. I... I need do help. Somehow." She turned to Haly. "This is your place, right? Got any giant spiders?"

Haly: looks at her, concerned “No… Ranryu, you’ve been acting odd. Are you okay?”

Imma summon you ppl cuz reasons

@Nameless @Ranryu

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless picked TAAron up and followed. "Who?"

Haly: “A Magefolk, in English. The direct translation is Ancient People. Anglika is slang. They can work certain magics.” Flags down a winged person and speaks in a weird language 

Person nods and flies off at the mountain

Haly; “She knows where TAAron is, and she knows we need an Anglica. Don’t worry. They’ll be here soon.” Walks toward the place she left TAAron

14 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless picked TAAron up and followed. "Who?"

11 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “A Magefolk, in English. The direct translation is Ancient People. Anglika is slang. They can work certain magics.” Flags down a winged person and speaks in a weird language 

Haly; “She knows where TAAron is, and she knows we need an Anglica. Don’t worry. They’ll be here soon.” Walks toward the place she left TAAron

Snip, snip, spoke the voice in both of their heads. Don't get too confident now...

11 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Uh, alright. They can heal him?" Nameless put TAAron back onto the ground carefully. 

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Snip, snip, spoke the voice in both of their heads. Don't get too confident now...

"Shut up! I'm not listening to you."

Haly calms herself down Don’t get cocky. That’s bad.

Just now, Nameless said:

"Uh, alright. They can heal him?" Nameless put TAAron back onto the ground carefully. 

Haly: “Yeah, they should be able to. I also asked for a dreamfolk—a Khanika—to see what she can do. Any minute now…” glances at the sky nervously 

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly calms herself down Don’t get cocky. That’s bad.

Haly: “Yeah, they should be able to. I also asked for a dreamfolk—a Khanika—to see what she can do. Any minute now…” glances at the sky nervously 

He was such a wonderful scholar. I imagine he was right on the cusp of discovering something great. He saw into the Exorealm, I think. Such a shame he'll never be able to share his wisdom. Yes, a tragic loss.

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Good. We can wait then."

He was such a wonderful scholar. I imagine he was right on the cusp of discovering something great. He saw into the Exorealm, I think. Such a shame he'll never be able to share his wisdom. Yes, a tragic loss.

"be SILENT!"

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Lies."

Why do people deny the feared truth? You're scared that I'm right, aren't you? Or perhaps you don't really even care. You've barely met the boy. Come now, he isn't worth it. What's the use of a good conscience if it's pinned to a corpse?