Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Why do people deny the feared truth? You're scared that I'm right, aren't you? Or perhaps you don't really even care. You've barely met the boy. Come now, he isn't worth it. What's the use of a good conscience if it's pinned to a corpse? 

"I won't stop trying to save him just because you don't want me to. You shouldn't have spoken like this, or I might have assumed he'd simply gone insane."

Just now, Nameless said:

"I won't stop trying to save him just because you don't want me to. You shouldn't have spoken like this, or I might have assumed he'd simply gone insane."

Using as strong of a push as he could with so little thread to work with, the manipulator jerked Nameless' head to the side. Of course, now that he knew it could happen, the man could resist such attempts quite easily. He wouldn't know that, however.

Ah. You've been too close, for too long. Soon I'll have you as well, my weaver friend.

Ok, what the heck is going on? There are too many subplots going all at once.

11 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Gotcha

Haly: “That’s okay. We’ll go to Xairim and get an Anglika. Hurry!” Sprints toward the mountain

Haly: looks at her, concerned “No… Ranryu, you’ve been acting odd. Are you okay?”

Where are we? How did you get us here?

"I just... followed the trail. Doors and breadcrumbs."

Please, I don't want to strain your soul more by fighting you, but you need to let me drive.

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I still have him, you know. What will you do if he wakes up? I'll kill you. Better yet, I'll kill him. I have him, Nameless.

Haly: “We… we won’t let that happen.” Takes a deep breath “Look, there they are.” A girl with dark black hair in ringlets is running with a boy with sandy brown hair

They stop next to them “What can we do?”

Haly: pleading “What’s wrong with him?”

Boy: “Hang on.” Kneels next to TAAron, places a hand on TAAron’s chest, and closes his eyes

Opens them “Standard coma. Nothing Isadore can’t fix. But…” frowns “Theres somebody controlling him. Hold up, lemme go to the dreamspace. This may take a while.” He closes his eyes again

Inside TAArons head, a string of consciousness is tugged to another place, beyond the realm of thought between dreams and reality

It appears to be a valley of rolling hills

The boy (Hawthorne) watches him expectantly

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Please, I don't want to strain your soul more by fighting you, but you need to let me drive.

Ik but subplots are fun!

Haly: plants her hands on Ranryu’s shoulders “Seripusly. What’s up?”

SORRY SORRY DOUBLE POST

I THOUGHT I WAS EDITING

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Using as strong of a push as he could with so little thread to work with, the manipulator jerked Nameless' head to the side. Of course, now that he knew it could happen, the man could resist such attempts quite easily. He wouldn't know that, however.

Ah. You've been too close, for too long. Soon I'll have you as well, my weaver friend.

"No, you won't. I will not believe you." Nameless sighed in relief as the healer arrived, standing up and walking towards Haly and Ranyru.

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Nameless grabbed Ranyru's arm, delving her.

4 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"No, you won't. I will not believe you." Nameless sighed in relief as the healer arrived, standing up and walking towards Haly and Ranyru.

Haly steps back

@The Aspiring Archivist I hope you’re here

8 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “We… we won’t let that happen.” Takes a deep breath “Look, there they are.” A girl with dark black hair in ringlets is running with a boy with sandy brown hair

Boy: “Hang on.” Kneels next to TAAron, places a hand on TAAron’s chest, and closes his eyes

Opens them “Standard coma. Nothing Isadore can’t fix. But…” frowns “Theres somebody controlling him. Hold up, lemme go to the dreamspace. This may take a while.” He closes his eyes again

Inside TAArons head, a string of consciousness is tugged to another place, beyond the realm of thought between dreams and reality

12 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma grins. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that your uncle is still confused in the forest." Emma's hands warm at Calano's touch and she pulls him onto her lap, and she vibrates with joy.

The wind changes, the trees shift, they crackle and pop, grappling, branch on branch. The clouds tumble and the roar of thunder zooms into the forest. The creature begins to run away from the shifting landscape.

Calano grins. "We'll explain what happened. Although, he might have left because for him it's been years. Not that I care," Calano said, leaning in closer, "He can wait longer."

@The Bookwyrm The creature chitters in a beckoning manner, as if telling Bookwyrm to follow him, and escape the changing landscape, the danger.

20 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: plants her hands on Ranryu’s shoulders “Seripusly. What’s up?”

Ranryu stopped in her tracks, seeing TAAron.

Is he okay?

20 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Please define 'delving'?

8 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Please define 'delving'?

It's a WoT magic thing, that lets you detect injuries. Really good healers would probably be able to detect spiritual stuff like what's going on with Ranyru, but Nameless isn't that good. He could probably detect her whole dying thing though.

36 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

TAAron  asks, "Am I dead? " 

6 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “RANRYU, SAY SOMETHING? ARE UOU OKAY?”

Ranryu's focus shifted again, silently struggling with the well-meaning Rightful One and her own injuries. The strange "dreamspace" caught her attention. She could feel things happening in it, but it was beyond her reach. 

"No spiders... I could've sworn..." she refocused herself. "What happened to TAAron? And what is this place?"

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron  asks, "Am I dead? " 

Hawthorne: “No. but we needed a secure place to talk. Whoever’s influencing you can’t reach you here.” Waves his hand at the hills around “Who is controlling go you? He’s powerful.”

Just now, Ranryu said:

Ranryu's focus shifted again, silently struggling with the well-meaning Rightful One and her own injuries. The strange "dreamspace" caught her attention. She could feel things happening in it, but it was beyond her reach. 

"No spiders... I could've sworn..." she refocused herself. "What happened to TAAron? And what is this place?"

Haly: “He’s in a coma. This is Nayo—southern Nayo, beyond the Memorandum fForwst.”

"Nayo..."

You don't even know how you got here. Let me drive. We need to take you back to the healer.

"At least let's stay and make sure TAAron is alright. He seems nice."

I'm only agreeing to this because I do not wish to fight you.

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless looked concerned as he finished his delving. "Ranyru? You're aware that you're injured, right?"

"Injured? How? I just came back from an Aos Si healer."

Her left arm spasmed out as she said this. She grabbed it and pinned it to her side.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm pulled his deep blue cloak around him against the wind and followed the strange creature gratefully.

The creature led him along the edge of the changing forest, chittering as it bounded along. After some time, they reached a grand fortress, made entirely of rose colored stone.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Injured? How? I just came back from an Aos Si healer."

Her left arm spasmed out as she said this. She grabbed it and pinned it to her side.

"Injured as in dying. Some kind of spiritual malady. I've never seen its like before."

On 10/12/2022 at 8:05 AM, The Halcyon Girl said:

Hawthorne: “No. but we needed a secure place to talk. Whoever’s influencing you can’t reach you here.” Waves his hand at the hills around “Who is controlling go you? He’s powerful.”

"I don't know who. I can still think for myself, but... not much else." TAAron furrowed his brow as if confused. "It strikes me as odd. No typical form of control has been observed to have that effect." 

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know who. I can still think for myself, but... not much else." TAAron furrowed his brow as if confused. "It strikes me as odd. No typical firm of control has been observed to have that effect." 

Hawthorne: “Hmm…” his eyes light up “What would you think if we could trace the connection? Send somebody across? Maybe then that person could stop whoever’s doing this to you?”

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"Injured as in dying. Some kind of spiritual malady. I've never seen its like before."

See? The damage is so extensive others can sense it. We need to go back to the healer. Now.

"But I want to make sure TAAron is okay..."

How about this: If you let me take you to the healer, then I will come back with the body and ensure TAAron's safety.

"I guess..."

The Rightful One addressed Nameless and Haly. "I will return shortly."

Just now, Ranryu said:

See? The damage is so extensive others can sense it. We need to go back to the healer. Now.

"But I want to make sure TAAron is okay..."

How about this: If you let me take you to the healer, then I will come back with the body and ensure TAAron's safety.

"I guess..."

The Rightful One addressed Nameless and Haly. "I will return shortly."

Haly: “R…ranryu? You’re…  acting weird. Are you okay?”

You can take her now if you want