Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"Minor changes? Right. Keep lying to yourself."

"the third book, which is literally called the dragon reborn, hardly has the storming dragon. Blood and ashes, I get the reasons, but the title is so misleading here..."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"the third book, which is literally called the dragon reborn, hardly has the storming dragon. Blood and ashes, I get the reasons, but the title is so misleading here..."

"That's not a legitimate point against the books."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Your—homeworld?"

"Well, technically. My magic's homeworld, at least."

Just now, Nameless said:

"That's not a legitimate point against the books."

"Isn't it though? If you're going into a book and you think that character is the main character, you keep looking for them and getting disappointed. It may not be a big reason, but it's a reason. It has a run on plot that just seems extended, not just dragon reborn. It also feels like it takes forever for anything to happen somehow, even though things are happening. It's the way the scenes are done, like, there's almost no difference from an action packed sequence to an ordinary walking sequence."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Isn't it though? If you're going into a book and you think that character is the main character, you keep looking for them and getting disappointed. It may not be a big reason, but it's a reason. It has a run on plot that just seems extended, not just dragon reborn. It also feels like it takes forever for anything to happen somehow, even though things are happening. It's the way the scenes are done, like, there's almost no difference from an action packed sequence to an ordinary walking sequence."

"Rand's less a character and more a plot point in that book. The Well of Ascension isn't really in WoA that much, but no one complains about that title. Everyone is looking for Rand, revolving around Rand, and at the end he appears. And I didn't really have a problem with the pacing."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Rand's less a character and more a plot point in that book. The Well of Ascension isn't really in WoA that much, but no one complains about that title. Everyone is looking for Rand, revolving around Rand, and at the end he appears. And I didn't really have a problem with the pacing."

"Rand is set up as the main character of the story, then is shoved aside. It may be that he's a plot point, but you're left feeling that the story should be focusing on him as a character more. Yes, this does happen more in the next book. But that one has it's own separate problems."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Rand is set up as the main character of the story, then is shoved aside. It may be that he's a plot point, but you're left feeling that the story should be focusing on him as a character more. Yes, this does happen more in the next book. But that one has it's own separate problems."

"I didn't really care about that. Maybe you did, but it was fine with me. I liked Mat more anyways, and he really comes into his own in that book."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, my magic comes from Mistborn."

"Yeah. If we're going to go to the tower, we need music, iron, and fire."

Just now, Nameless said:

"I didn't really care about that. Maybe you did, but it was fine with me. I liked Mat more anyways, and he really comes into his own in that book."

"Anyhow, I should stop dividing my conscious here and focus on destroying some kind of storm monster in some variant of the library of Alexandria." Thaidakar cut the link and continued running at top speeds, scanning the remaining shelves somehow.

"Anyhow, I should stop dividing my conscious here and focus on destroying some kind of storm monster in some variant of the library of Alexandria." Thaidakar cut the link and continued running at top speeds, scanning the remaining shelves somehow.

The storm begins to shriek, an ear piercing noise that shatters glass and stone, opening a path for the storm to come directly at Thaidakar.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

The storm begins to shriek, an ear piercing noise that shatters glass and stone, opening a path for the storm to come directly at Thaidakar.

Thaidakar slammed his hands together and something moved through the air, making a kind of shield around Thaidakar as he formed the portal. He swiped his hand upwards, sparks forming. He'd gotten enough information to last him a while. This would be fun once he got back to the clinic. The portal opened into the clinic hallway, right in front of his private study. Thaidakar stepped out, readjusting his glasses and sticking the gadget into his pocket. He wiped the sweat off his forehead then opened the brassy colored door. The inside held a desk with various knicknacks on it, a collection of spikes on the walls, various famous paintings, a few magic weapons, a large computer on the desk and a giant archive like bookshelf. Thaidakar sat down at the desk and pulled the device out of his pocket. He stuck a nozzle into the computer and it started uploading the knowledge into the fail-safe computer.

21 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar slammed his hands together and something moved through the air, making a kind of shield around Thaidakar as he formed the portal. He swiped his hand upwards, sparks forming. He'd gotten enough information to last him a while. This would be fun once he got back to the clinic. The portal opened into the clinic hA tallway, right in front of his private study. Thaidakar stepped out, readjusting his glasses and sticking the gadget into his pocket. He wiped the sweat off his forehead then opened the brassy colored door. The inside held a desk with various knicknacks on it, a collection of spikes on the walls, various famous paintings, a few magic weapons, a large computer on the desk and a giant archive like bookshelf. Thaidakar sat down at the desk and pulled the device out of his pocket. He stuck a nozzle into the computer and it started uploading the knowledge into the fail-safe computer.

A tendril snakes through the shield and stabs Thaidakar, quickly retreating before it's vaporized by the clinic's defenses.

It won't outwardly corrupt people, more inwardly of personality, would be interesting to see how it interacts with a soulless, since their unique composition and the fact that they have no soul for it to work on. It would make it work differently than on one who has a soul.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

A tendril snakes through the shield and stabs Thaidakar, quickly retreating before it's vaporized by the clinic's defenses.

Thaidakar shivered, put a hand on his shoulder where the tendril had stabbed. He healed it immediately. Thaidakar put a hand on his head, he felt a headache coming on. Hopefully this wouldn't effect his already unstable mental situation. He flipped on the defenses of the study and dimmed the glow globes floating around in the room. Thaidakar tapped his wall and a bed extended from the bare space. He crashed not the sheets and put his glasses on a nearby shelf. In moments, Thaidakar was peacefully asleep. His eyes glowed under their lids softly, giving him dreams and nightmares and scary speeds. 

His dreams were more akin to nightmares. Torture, pure pain. Faces swam in his peripheral vision. Voices whispered in unknown languages. And worst of all? The multiverse in chaos, a dark power rising, a secret order killing important people and friends left and right, and in the center, himself, Thaidakar, ordering it all from behind the scenes. Power could be yours, the dream seemed to tell him, you could be the greatest power in the multiverse, this could be yours. Part of Thaidakar wanted it, wanted it with every fiber of his body, but something in him, something deep, something powerful, pushed back.

He rolled over in the bed and tried to banish the nightmare. After what seemed like an eternity of failure to sleep, Thaidakar sat up and slid out of bed. He turned on the glow globes and had a drink of water. The computer had a notification on the screen, the downloading was done. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and grabbed his glasses off of the shelf. He went and sat down in the cushioned chair at the desk. He tapped the mouse and a vast library of info was open to him in various languages and codes. He selected a small document, a tome in a code that the computer recognized. Thaidakar widened his eyes when he realized what the title was, "A Soul-less' Journal." Thaidakar opened it and sorted through the information. Now this was interesting... very interesting. He adjusted his glasses and prepared to read the first entry.

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Kind of. Technically we need three things. 'Courage to strengthen, fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind.' But courage can't be collected easily."

"And these four things are for what exactly?" 

I think you meant four, not three. 

56 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly catalogues books, then gives up and shoves them in randomly

"Haly, why don't you look at the other bookshelves to see how they're organized?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

21 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Haly, why don't you look at the other bookshelves to see how they're organized?"

Haly: “I don’t know. I wanna go write poetry That’s sure to be rubbish.” Stares at the books hopelessly, then shakes her head “I’ll finish later.”

25 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Courage for the obvious reasons, although I find myself agreeing with Alcatraz when it comes to the kind of courage that you need to go into the Tower of Ghengei. Fire hurts the Aelfinn and Eelfinn, disrupts their magic somewhat. Music can lull them, although it stops working once they get angry. Iron is just about the only material that can touch them."

18 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Courage for the obvious reasons, although I find myself agreeing with Alcatraz when it comes to the kind of courage that you need to go into the Tower of Ghengei. Fire hurts the Aelfinn and Eelfinn, disrupts their magic somewhat. Music can lull them, although it stops working once they get angry. Iron is just about the only material that can touch them."

"Interesting. So one person could carry an iron weapon, one could have a torch, and another a musical instrument. Unless we have someone sing. Either of you any good at singing? I'm very... average, I think." He looked very uncomfortable. "I don't really trust myself with holding anything, so that might be our best bet." 

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Interesting. So one person could carry an iron weapon, one could have a torch, and another a musical instrument. Unless we have someone sing. Either of you any good at singing? I'm very... average, I think." He looked very uncomfortable. "I don't really trust myself with holding anything, so that might be our best bet." 

Haly: “I’m not good at singing. You should hear Lyra. But I’ll do whatever.”

@The Wandering Wizard

Sorry I'm late!

As the tendrils of corruption began to shift and destroy the Archive, Bookwyrm needed to think fast.

He burned Bendalloy, creating a bubble around himself and Bip. The tendrils slowed, but they were still moving at a quick pace.

First, he put his tome away in his infinite pouch. Then he attempted to create a Wyrmhole.

Something's blocking it...probably the nature of the Archive. I need to....There!

Bookwyrm located an area of the Archive where a portal should work. Then, making sure that Bip was close behind him, he dropped the bubble and ran.

As Bookwyrm came close to the area, tendrils streaming behind him, he sensed a familiar presence.

Thaidakar?

He didn't have time to think about it, though. A tendril grabbed Bip's left leg. The creature screeched in pain.

Bookwyrm spoke a word filled with power, and the tendril of corruption vanished.

Bookwyrm set up another Bendalloy bubble and examined Bip's leg. It was strangely warped: the iridescent scales had turned red, and the leg seemed more menacing. A quick spell healed Bip of any pain and injury, and he seemed fine. But the corrupted leg would always stay with him.

Bip gave a reassuring chitter, and Bookwyrm dropped the bubble. They soon crossed into the area where portals worked.

Bookwyrm summoned a Wyrmhole and the two of them dove through.

They tumbled into the lobby of the Clinic.

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@The Wandering Wizard

As the tendrils of corruption began to shift and destroy the Archive, Bookwyrm needed to think fast.

He burned Bendalloy, creating a bubble around himself and Bip. The tendrils slowed, but they were still moving at a quick pace.

First, he put his tome away in his infinite pouch. Then he attempted to create a Wyrmhole.

Something's blocking it...probably the nature of the Archive. I need to....There!

Bookwyrm located an area of the Archive where a portal should work. Then, making sure that Bip was close behind him, he dropped the bubble and ran.

As Bookwyrm came close to the area, tendrils streaming behind him, he sensed a familiar presence.

Thaidakar?

He didn't have time to think about it, though. A tendril grabbed Bip's left leg. The creature screeched in pain.

Bookwyrm spoke a word filled with power, and the tendril of corruption vanished.

Bookwyrm set up another Bendalloy bubble and examined Bip's leg. It was strangely warped: the iridescent scales had turned red, and the leg seemed more menacing. A quick spell healed Bip of any pain and injury, and he seemed fine. But the corrupted leg would always stay with him.

Bip gave a reassuring chitter, and Bookwyrm dropped the bubble. They soon crossed into the area where portals worked.

Bookwyrm summoned a Wyrmhole and the two of them dove through.

They tumbled into the lobby of the Clinic.

Thaidakar rubbed his head, finishing reading the second entry. Now that was interesting, apparently this was from the point of view of a soulless during the time when Calano's and Emma's parents were discovering the pocket dimensions. The soulless in question was apparently named Zavien. He felt Bookwyrm enter the lobby and realized he'd enabled the time warping in his study. He flicked it off and stood up, kicking off his unicorn slippers and walking to the door. He locked the door once he was outside and teleported next to them, expending some of the energy he'd gained in sleeping. "Ah, you've returned? That was a fun adventure, yes? I've been looking through some of the info, it's quite fascinating."

Thaidakar rubbed his head, finishing reading the second entry. Now that was interesting, apparently this was from the point of view of a soulless during the time when Calano's and Emma's parents were discovering the pocket dimensions. The soulless in question was apparently named Zavien. He felt Bookwyrm enter the lobby and realized he'd enabled the time warping in his study. He flicked it off and stood up, kicking off his unicorn slippers and walking to the door. He locked the door once he was outside and teleported next to them, expending some of the energy he'd gained in sleeping. "Ah, you've returned? That was a fun adventure, yes? I've been looking through some of the info, it's quite fascinating."

Bookwyrm groaned and stood up.

"I haven't had a chance to read it yet, considering I just arrived." Bookwyrm paused. "Wait, how much information did you get? How'd you even get there in the first place?"

Bip sensed the presence of Yuppers in the deeper parts of the Clinic and went to befriend them.

@Ranryu

I will let you decide what to do with Bip and the Yuppers. Bip is a small iridescent velociraptor-like creature who is friends with me and has a mutated evil looking leg, but he's very friendly. If you didn't know already.