Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm groaned and stood up.

"I haven't had a chance to read it yet, considering I just arrived." Bookwyrm paused. "Wait, how much information did you get? How'd you even get there in the first place?"

Bip sensed the presence of Yuppers in the deeper parts of the Clinic and went to befriend them.

@Ranryu

Thaidakar opened his mouth as if to say something about the purple velociraptor, but then decided not to. "I got a lot of info. I used a trans dimensional portal powered by soulless energy and something else. A spark, per se. I got a lot of information using a gadget I used to tinker with, it's become increasingly useful."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar opened his mouth as if to say something about the purple velociraptor, but then decided not to. "I got a lot of info. I used a trans dimensional portal powered by soulless energy and something else. A spark, per se. I got a lot of information using a gadget I used to tinker with, it's become increasingly useful."

"Huh." Bookwyrm pulled out his tome and paged through it. "I got a copy of the entire Archive. And I also learned that there are other ones. So it's something worth looking into, though many of the archives are probably beyond this multiverse."

Bookwyrm paused. "Oh, has the wedding happened yet?"

4 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Huh." Bookwyrm pulled out his tome and paged through it. "I got a copy of the entire Archive. And I also learned that there are other ones. So it's something worth looking into, though many of the archives are probably beyond this multiverse."

Bookwyrm paused. "Oh, has the wedding happened yet?"

"Can I see your copy as to fill in the gaps in mine? I suspected there were more than just that one, I'll want to help you out with those if we find them. And no, the wedding hasn't happened yet. I've just been using my study to slow down time exponentially at my very whims. In actuality, it's been about ten to thirty minutes since I got back."

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood
Oh my gosh, I just realized we hit 200 pages

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Interesting. So one person could carry an iron weapon, one could have a torch, and another a musical instrument. Unless we have someone sing. Either of you any good at singing? I'm very... average, I think." He looked very uncomfortable. "I don't really trust myself with holding anything, so that might be our best bet." 

"Well, I guess we could do one person for each thing. I was more thinking we'd get everyone a bunch of everything."

20 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Well, I guess we could do one person for each thing. I was more thinking we'd get everyone a bunch of everything."

"I guess that makes sense. Why didn't I—oh well. We still need something for music. How about you, Nameless? Any instrument or singing ability? Maybe some magical object that can play music?"

18 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “Cool! I have a lighter. I can roast marshmallows!”

"Good. Will that work to fend them off?"

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bip sensed the presence of Yuppers in the deeper parts of the Clinic and went to befriend them.

@Ranryu

The Yuppers fled in terror when they say Bip. They had never seen a creature such as him before.

35 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Ranryu was there. Holding a flute. What? Where... where was she? Like a punch to the stomach, the Rightful One left her.

I will be back when I can. Try not to allow anyone else into your soul.

Didn't that... didn't that void the contract? What did it matter? Ranryu was there. Holding a flute.

"You guys need some help? What are you even doing?"

41 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “Cool! I have a lighter. I can roast marshmallows!”

"That's good. We're probably going to need more fire than that though."

22 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I guess that makes sense. Why didn't I—oh well. We still need something for music. How about you, Nameless? Any instrument or singing ability? Maybe some magical object that can play music?"

"I've got a harp."

9 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Ranryu was there. Holding a flute. What? Where... where was she? Like a punch to the stomach, the Rightful One left her.

Didn't that... didn't that void the contract? What did it matter? Ranryu was there. Holding a flute.

"We're all going to go die trying to get TAAron healed. Want to join us?"

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"That's good. We're probably going to need more fire than that though."

"I've got a harp."

"We're all going to go die trying to get TAAron healed. Want to join us?"

"Sure. I have a flute, a sword, and a thinfire lighter. As long as I don't have to fight any more of those scudding spiders."

15 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

The Yuppers fled in terror when they say Bip. They had never seen a creature such as him before.

TAAron looked focused. "Is there something wrong? Did something happen to you? Something's a little odd about you." He stopped, a bit flustered. "I don't mean to be rude, of course. I'm sorry, that sounded rude. I'm TAAron, by the way. A hope you won't mind if I don't get up to shake your hand. It hurts to move."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

18 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron looked focused. "Is there something wrong? Did something happen to you? Something's a little odd about you." He stopped, a bit flustered. "I don't mean to be rude, of course. I'm sorry, that sounded rude. I'm TAAron, by the way. A hope you won't mind if I don't get up to shake your hand. It hurts to move."

Ranryu spoke quickly, like her mind was running faster than her mouth could follow.

"Ah, don't worry it's fine. They tell me I have a broken soul, or something strange like that. To be honest, I'm a little confused right now, but I remember that you were unconscious earlier, and something still seems injured with you. What do you need me to help with?"

Without waiting for an answer, she turned around and absently drew her luminite sword.

"Are there any spiders here, by chance?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Ranryu spoke quickly, like her mind was running faster than her mouth could follow.

"Ah, don't worry it's fine. They tell me I have a broken soul, or something strange like that. To be honest, I'm a little confused right now, but I remember that you were unconscious earlier, and something still seems injured with you. What do you need me to help with?"

Without waiting for an answer, she turned around and absently drew her luminite sword.

"Are there any spiders here, by chance?"

"I don't know of any... You say you have a broken soul? Well, so do I, if just in a different way. I pretty much got halfway to dying, and then the doctors stopped it from happening. You could actually help quite a bit, actually. We need music, iron, and—oh, Harmony." TAAron slumped down, unconscious.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know of any... You say you have a broken soul? Well, so do I, if just in a different way. I pretty much got halfway to dying, and then the doctors stopped it from happening. You could actually help quite a bit, actually. We need music, iron, and—oh, Harmony." TAAron slumped down, unconscious.

Ranryu put a hand on him. She could practically feel the broken bits of soul (metaphorically) grinding and doing things souls generally weren't supposed to do.

"Youch. I wouldn't want to be in your place now, halfade. You should probably wake up now."

13 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Ranryu put a hand on him. She could practically feel the broken bits of soul (metaphorically) grinding and doing things souls generally weren't supposed to do.

"Youch. I wouldn't want to be in your place now, halfade. You should probably wake up now."

He woke up, taking shallow breaths. "Thanks. Did you call me... halfade? Do you know about my condition? Is there anything we can do to fix it that won't most likely result in death?"

200 PAGES!

On 10/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

The wedding invitations are sent out after some deliberation between Emma and Calano.

The Best Men/Groomsmen: @The Wandering Wizard @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Nameless

Bridesmaids: @Ranryu @The Halcyon Girl @Rabbit Unmade

Guests: @The Bookwyrm @That1Cellist @Shining Silhouette @EmulatonStromenkiin @The Aspiring Archivist @InfiniteInsanity

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

When does it take place?

12 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He woke up, taking shallow breaths. "Thanks. Did you call me... halfade? Do you know about my condition? Is there anything we can do to fix it that won't most likely result in death?"

Ranryu chuckled. "I called you halfade because you're half faded. Half dead, sort of. If you had died properly and then been restored, you might've ended up like me. Bits of a broken soul tethered by magic and wind." There was a faraway look in her eyes. She shook herself back into reality.

"Anyway, I don't know anything about living souls, much less how to fix a damaged one. Maybe the Rightful One can help you when she gets back."

"Now what's this about wedding invitations?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Ranryu chuckled. "I called you halfade because you're half faded. Half dead, sort of. If you had died properly and then been restored, you might've ended up like me. Bits of a broken soul tethered by magic and wind." There was a faraway look in her eyes. She shook herself back into reality.

"Anyway, I don't know anything about living souls, much less how to fix a damaged one. Maybe the Rightful One can help you when she gets back."

"Now what's this about wedding invitations?"

"Calano and Emma, I believe, are getting married in the clinic tomorrow."

11 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Huh. Good for them. I hope they remember to fireproof everything. Some sort of disaster is bound to happen."

"Yes, probably. So who is this Rightful One you mentioned? Does she have anything to do with... your situation?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yes, probably. So who is this Rightful One you mentioned? Do they have anything to do with... your situation?"

"Hmmm. It's kinda hard to explain..." She stretched and re-folded her wings as she gathered her thoughts.

"The Rightful One is an Aos Sí. I'm not sure exactly what the Aos Sí are, but I know they're undead, benevolent, and they rely on the clinic to survive. Aos Sí aren't allowed in the clinic, but they found a loophole to get in. They gave the Rightful One's body to Grandpa Yupper, and he used it to create me. But I was having trouble with... ghosts. I made a deal with the Rightful One, and apparently it was part of the Aos Sí's plan all along. We share this body... but now she's gone somewhere else. I think she might've broken the contract..." Ranryu looked uncomfortable. She changed the subject.

"So, we're going to a tower thingy? And we need stuff? I have a flute." She looked at the aforementioned object with mild confusion. "I have no idea how I got this."

6 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Hmmm. It's kinda hard to explain..." She stretched and re-folded her wings as she gathered her thoughts.

"The Rightful One is an Aos Sí. I'm not sure exactly what the Aos Sí are, but I know they're undead, benevolent, and they rely on the clinic to survive. Aos Sí aren't allowed in the clinic, but they found a loophole to get in. They gave the Rightful One's body to Grandpa Yupper, and he used it to create me. But I was having trouble with... ghosts. I made a deal with the Rightful One, and apparently it was part of the Aos Sí's plan all along. We share this body... but now she's gone somewhere else. I think she might've broken the contract..." Ranryu looked uncomfortable. She changed the subject.

"So, we're going to a tower thingy? And we need stuff? I have a flute." She looked at the aforementioned object with mild confusion. "I have no idea how I got this."

"I... sorry, we'll need four things." He frowned. "I can't remeber them somehow. We just talked about this just minutes ago. @Nameless, what were they again?"