Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Haly felt a sudden tugging sensation, as thought she were trying to pull on something attached to a concrete wall. Instead of Tors being pulled to her, she was pulled to Tors. She appeared suddenly in the forest.

Good, I was correct. A property of Stacis: it is extremely stable and difficult to affect with magic. You couldn't move me, so your magic moved you. Let's go talk to those people.

Haly nodded, grateful there was something she could do, and went to talk to said people.

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly nodded, grateful there was something she could do, and went to talk to said people.

With Tors trailing behind, Haly could see two people, a man and a woman. The woman looked to be about 30, although her hair was gray and she looked to be limping. The man was perhaps a few years younger, with dark skin and a distracted-looking posture. The man held a metal rod which appeared to be sparking at one end. TAAron, his body looking disturbingly broken, was hovering about half a meter from the tip of the rod, moving with the pair. The woman noticed her follower and turned sharply, striding to Haly with remarkable speed and holding a knife to her throat. "Who are you?" she hissed. "How did you get here?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

With Tors trailing behind, Haly could see two people, a man and a woman. The woman looked to be about 30, although her hair was gray and she looked to be limping. The man was perhaps a few years younger, with dark skin and a distracted-looking posture. The man held a metal rod which appeared to be sparking at one end. TAAron, his body looking disturbingly broken, was hovering about half a meter from the tip of the rod, moving with the pair. The woman noticed her follower and turned sharply, striding to Haly with remarkable speed and holding a knife to her throat. "Who are you?" she hissed. "How did you get here?"

Completely unconcerned, Haly replied, “I’m just here for my friend.” She gestures to TAAron. “My name is Haly. Nice to meet you.”

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Completely unconcerned, Haly replied, “I’m just here for my friend.” She gestures to TAAron. “My name is Haly. Nice to meet you.”

She lowered the knife. "Well, I'm sorry to tell you but your friend is in bad shape. We're bringing him to the infirmary, but he might not make it." She and the man kept walking, their pace brisk. "How did you get here, anyways? Are you from Terra de Lumine? And how did this happen to your friend?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

She lowered the knife. "Well, I'm sorry to tell you but your friend is in bad shape. We're bringing him to the infirmary, but he might not make it." She and the man kept walking, their pace brisk. "How did you get here, anyways? Are you from Terra de Lumine?"

Haly blinked. “No idea what that is. As an answer… um, I find stuff a lot. Mostly marshmallows, but hey.” Shrugs “Want a marshmallow? Or a chocolate shaped like a marshmallow? Also, thanks for helping him.” Points at TAAron

Haly blinked. “No idea what that is. As an answer… um, I find stuff a lot. Mostly marshmallows, but hey.” Shrugs “Want a marshmallow? Or a chocolate shaped like a marshmallow? Also, thanks for helping him.” Points at TAAron

"So you're an off-worlder... we haven't had one of those in a decade. You'd be the second. You're welcome, but don't get your hopes up. The infirmary is a mile from here, and we can't run without dropping him. He's also barely breathing, bleeding from the head, and has several broken bones. There's only so much even magical healthcare can do."

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The two of them found themselves in the foothills of a gigantic mountain range.

The mountains were incredibly tall, and covered with snow on their upper levels. They were made of grey stone and extended east and west as far as Bookwyrm could see. The sky was a brilliant blue, filled with a few stray clouds, and a warm sun shone overhead.

They were high enough in the foothills that they got a nice view of the valley below: a beautiful, verdant green landscape that extended for miles, filled with tropical grasslands and hills and forests, before ending at a deep blue ocean in the vast distance. Bookwyrm thought he could make out settlements among that landscape.

Bookwyrm snapped his fingers and changed into sturdy travelling gear: A blue tunic with trousers and leather boots, and a deep blue cloak that wrapped around him. A staff appeared in his hand. He then turned to Insa.

"You ready to head out?"

He also quickly sent a mental message to @CalanoCorvus.

We've arrived in the dimension, he said. I think I can make out a few settlements, so we'll investigate.

Insa looked around and turned towards Bookwyrm. "How did you-" She shook her head "Nevermind I'll figure it out later. Yeah let's go."

25 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano nodded, face grim. "Bookwyrm just got to his dimension, so let's hurry our search. We'll go down to that neighborhood and see what information we can gather. Our parents, if they're still alive, should be able to help."

"Do we dare go as ourselves or disguised?"

28 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"So you're an off-worlder... we haven't had one of those in a decade. You'd be the second. You're welcome, but don't get your hopes up. The infirmary is a mile from here, and we can't run without dropping him. He's also barely breathing, bleeding from the head, and has several broken bones. There's only so much even magical healthcare can do."

“Yeah.” Haly’s stomach sank. “Is there anything I could do?”

7 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Yeah.” Haly’s stomach sank. “Is there anything I could do?”

"Unless you have magical healing abilities, I doubt it. So, how did you get here? A magical coincidence? Some sort of dimensional shifting ability?"

16 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Unless you have magical healing abilities, I doubt it. So, how did you get here? A magical coincidence? Some sort of dimensional shifting ability?"

Haly stifled her derisive laugh. “I wish I actually had some useful ability like that. I’m not sure. I was trying to Find him—TAAron—and then I was here.” Is that good, Tors?

Haly stifled her derisive laugh. “I wish I actually had some useful ability like that. I’m not sure. I was trying to Find him—TAAron—and then I was here.” Is that good, Tors?

Is what good? Your communication ability? Yeah, it's fine.

Haly could feel a tension in Tors' words.

He's slipping. I can feel it. I think he still has a decent bit to go, but I'm on the same page as that woman. It would take some serious healing to get TAAron to recover in time. Do you know of any better place for him to be treated, or how we might get there?

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Is what good? Your communication ability? Yeah, it's fine.

Haly could feel a tension in Tors' words.

He's slipping. I can feel it. I think he still has a decent bit to go, but I'm on the same page as that woman. It would take some serious healing to get TAAron to recover in time. Do you know of any better place for him to be treated, or how we might get there?

No. You need somebody else—Thaidakar or Bookwyrm or Calano. I’m just a wind chime who flies through walls with a penchant for marshmallows. The tingling intensified with Haly’s shame.

Gotta go for a while, two hours  at least. Seeya

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

No. You need somebody else—Thaidakar or Bookwyrm or Calano. I’m just a wind chime who flies through walls with a penchant for marshmallows. The tingling intensified with Haly’s shame.

That's not true. I think you have more potential than you know. Those people are at the Clinic, right? Do you think you could get us there? You managed to get here, after all.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa looked around and turned towards Bookwyrm. "How did you-" She shook her head "Nevermind I'll figure it out later. Yeah let's go."

Bookwyrm smiled. "You have more power than you realize," he said. "You could probably do something similar if you put your mind to it." 

He turned and looked out over the valley again before resting his eyes on the path out of the foothills. "But yeah, you're right. We should go." Bookwyrm started walking.

The wings aren't working. I'm going to use your lifeforce to harness whatever dimensional energy remains and take us somewhere else. This might hurt.

"OW OW OW OW!"

Ranryu needed to have a talk with the Rightful One about understatements. But now wasn't the time. They were flung through dimensions once again.

"Okay, for real. Where are we this time?"

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That's not true. I think you have more potential than you know. Those people are at the Clinic, right? Do you think you could get us there? You managed to get here, after all.

You did that. Remember? Haly watched TAAron floating, puppeted by the man. I just find marshmallows. I doubt marshmallows will be very helpful now, she added bitterly. Unless you want a s’more.

46 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

You did that. Remember? Haly watched TAAron floating, puppeted by the man. I just find marshmallows. I doubt marshmallows will be very helpful now, she added bitterly. Unless you want a s’more.

No, you did it. I just served as an anchor. Haly, have you ever summoned anything other than marshmallows?

"We're here." The woman and man had stopped in front of a large, old-looking circular building with a wooden dome. She opened the door, revealing a wide open interior with beds lining the walls and a station for tools and medicines in the center. At the moment, it was completely empty. The man quickly brought TAAron to the nearest bed and set him down gently, then began rushing back and forth with different medicines. Occasionally, he tapped the patient with his rod, and various colored spark would fly out of the tip. The woman sat and watched silently.

"That's the same bed that Edmund was put in, ten years ago," she remarked.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

No, you did it. I just served as an anchor. Haly, have you ever summoned anything other than marshmallows?

"We're here." The woman and man had stopped in front of a large, old-looking circular building with a wooden dome. She opened the door, revealing a wide open interior with beds lining the walls and a station for tools and medicines in the center. At the moment, it was completely empty. The man quickly brought TAAron to the nearest bed and set him down gently, then began rushing back and forth with different medicines. Occasionally, he tapped the patient with his rod, and various colored spark would fly out of the tip. The woman sat and watched silently.

"That's the same bed that Edmund was put in, ten years ago," she remarked.

Bowls. Popcorn butter. Chocolate in the shape of a marshmallow.

“Edmund?”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Bowls. Popcorn butter. Chocolate in the shape of a marshmallow.

“Edmund?”

Well, you were able to focus on me specifically. Maybe you could try focusing on something else? I'm not sure it would work, because what you did may have been assisted by our established connection, but it's worth a try.

"Yup. King Edmund Fidelis the Great of Terra de Lumine, Otherworlder, Prophesized One, Bringer of Peace. He didn't really choose the title. Or the position, actually. He showed up kind of like your friend did. On the ground, in the middle of the Forest. Wasn't quite so hurt, though. By the end of the day, he had killed a Stone One."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Well, you were able to focus on me specifically. Maybe you could try focusing on something else? I'm not sure it would work, because what you did may have been assisted by our established connection, but it's worth a try.

"Yup. King Edmund Fidelis the Great of Terra de Lumine, Otherworlder, Prophesized One, Bringer of Peace. He didn't really choose the title. Or the position, actually. He showed up kind of like your friend did. On the ground, in the middle of the Forest. Wasn't quite so hurt, though. By the end of the day, he had killed a Stone One."

You don’t get it. I can’t do stuff like that. You need Thaidakar—he does interdimensional stuff—not me. The tingle returned in her fingers as her spirits sank. 

“A Stone One? I sense a story here.”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

You don’t get it. I can’t do stuff like that. You need Thaidakar—he does interdimensional stuff—not me. The tingle returned in her fingers as her spirits sank. 

“A Stone One? I sense a story here.”

Haly, you seem determined to prove that you're useless. Why?

"There isn't too much to tell. He bonded with the Sword of Light immediately. Eventually, after a lot of time and effort, he was able to rid the land of demons like the Stone Ones. Then, he was coronated for his valor."

This backstory comes from an incomplete short story I wrote many years back. Unfortunately, I don't actually have a lot of plot details for it. Also, where are you going with this tingling stuff?

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Haly, you seem determined to prove that you're useless. Why?

"There isn't too much to tell. He bonded with the Sword of Light immediately. Eventually, after a lot of time and effort, he was able to rid the land of demons like the Stone Ones. Then, he was coronated for his valor."

Remember when Karden woke up? That was my fault. And when the library filled up with marshmallows? That was my fault too. I’m even too unstable to live in the one place I actually can be useful in. The tingling became almost unbearable.

”That’s a cool story.” Haly could feel her voice waver and hoped the woman didn’t notice.

It’s going to be power that overwhelms her. I’m planning a flood first.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Remember when Karden woke up? That was my fault. And when the library filled up with marshmallows? That was my fault too. I’m even too unstable to live in the one place I actually can be useful in. The tingling became almost unbearable.

”That’s a cool story.” Haly could feel her voice waver and hoped the woman didn’t notice.

Who is Karden? Look, Haly, it's not worth beating yourself up over stuff that's in the past. You're a good person, I can tell that much. Enough for TAAron to care. Enough for me to care.

The woman looked at her oddly. Meanwhile, the man was working furiously. He cursed under his breath. She whipped around. "Theodore, what's wrong?"