Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, Kajsa said:

"My question is, through it into what, exactly? What's behind it? Nothing? Everything?" Kareena barely restrained herself from sticking her hand in the void.

“I’m bored. I’m going to go sit in a tree.” Haly turned into a wind chime and swooped to the top of a nearby tree, assuming there is one, and settled her birds all over the branches.

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I’m bored. I’m going to go sit in a tree.” Haly turned into a wind chime and swooped to the top of a nearby tree, assuming there is one, and settled her birds all over the branches.

Kareena shrugged. "Okay, you do that." She grabbed a rock and fingered it, examining it closely before tossing it into the void, watching curiously as it obliterated.

Matra rushed over. “Wait,” she panted, “did you try this?” She struck a match, watched it flare up for a second, and then tossed it casually into the void. The light was immediately snuffed out, leaving a charred residue on the floor where she had dropped it. “Oh well,” she shrugged. “Nothing wrong with a failed experiment.”

“Did anyone try doing that with Lifeless? Have you even done any of the proper scientific procedures?” She pulled out a notebook and starts scribbling furiously.

Edited by MysticalShadows

11 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma grins, but her eyes seem distant, and her thoughts run wild, careening between her mind and Calano's mind.

Perhaps they are dead.

NO THEY ARE NOT. I will believe that part of the father of light, even if I didn't fully trust him, that part felt true. I would have felt them die.

Would you have?

@CalanoCorvus

Calano squeezes Emma's hands.

"They're alive," Calano whispers, "I know they are."

They continue walking down the street, then Calano sees something. He stops, looks around puzzled, then takes a sudden left down another street.

23 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless knelt down next to the void, an intense look of concentration on his face. Abruptly, he stood. "Can someone hand me a rock?"

Kareena found a large rock and handed it to Nameless. "Here."

15 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Indeed." Nameless rifled through his pack, looking for something made of iron.

Would you mind giving me some specifics on what cuendillar is so I can decide whether the void barrier obliterates it? Like, is it just very tough or is it a magically indestructible material of some sort?

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Cuendillar is magically indestructible, able to absorb any force that attempts to destroy it.

(Mild WoT spoilers)

Spoiler

The only way it can be destroyed  in the WoT books is either by using the Dark One's power or unravelling the Pattern (unravelling the fabric of reality).

5 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano squeezes Emma's hands.

"They're alive," Calano whispers, "I know they are."

They continue walking down the street, then Calano sees something. He stops, looks around puzzled, then takes a sudden left down another street.

Did you get lost again?

The streets surely have changed in however long it has been.

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Would you mind giving me some specifics on what cuendillar is so I can decide whether the void barrier obliterates it? Like, is it just very tough or is it a magically indestructible material of some sort?

Magically indestructible, will stop anything, nothing at all can destroy it.

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless found a dagger in his pack and pulled it out, then concentrated for a moment, transforming it into cuendillar. Then he tossed it into the void, watching it carefully.

The whole thing, including handle, is cuendillar now?

Just now, Nameless said:

Got it.

21 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless found a dagger in his pack and pulled it out, then concentrated for a moment, transforming it into cuendillar. Then he tossed it into the void, watching it carefully.

As he watched, the handle of the blade was obliterated in a large flash of light. However, Nameless could just barely see the blade pass through the barrier unscathed.