Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

mrs. corvus*

10 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma walks up to Calano and looks at Calano's mom. "Hi, Mrs. Corvus."

Eliza Corvus immediately wraps her son in a hug and begins to cry as well. After a few tearful seconds, she reaches out and drags Emma into the hug as well.

"You- You're back," She said, stepping back and holding Calano's face in her hands, "You came back. You came home." She laughs, and cries, all at the same time.

"I did," Calano says, "I did, I'm sorry it took so long. There's so much to tell."

Eliza quickly beckons the couple inside, "Please, Emma, I've known you since you were a child, call me Eliza."

Calano takes in his mother before walking inside. She's done her hair up in a tight bun, and wears a neutral colored gray blouse tucked into her jeans. She looks... motherly.

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know if I would say fun. it'll certainly be interesting. Let's head down. Also, you're going to stared at a lot, with me and looking like that. Just... ignore it."

Kareena looked offended. "Looking like WHAT? THEY'RE the ones that look weird."

5 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Eliza Corvus immediately wraps her son in a hug and begins to cry as well. After a few tearful seconds, she reaches out and drags Emma into the hug as well.

"You- You're back," She said, stepping back and holding Calano's face in her hands, "You came back. You came home." She laughs, and cries, all at the same time.

"I did," Calano says, "I did, I'm sorry it took so long. There's so much to tell."

Eliza quickly beckons the couple inside, "Please, Emma, I've known you since you were a child, call me Eliza."

Calano takes in his mother before walking inside. She's done her hair up in a tight bun, and wears a neutral colored gray blouse tucked into her jeans. She looks... motherly.

Emma wanders into the house with Calano and immediately asks, "Do you know if my parents are still alive?"

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

1 hour ago, Kajsa said:

Kareena looked offended. "Looking like WHAT? THEY'RE the ones that look weird."

"You look like otherworlders. That type of clothing is not typical of our realm. Mostly, people here wear those colorful robes with Edmund, Theodore, and I being the main exceptions as the King, his husband, and the general."

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma wanders into the house with Calano and immediately asks, "Do you know if my parents are still alive?"

@CalanoCorvus

Eliza smiles, "Yes, they live just down the street."

Her smile fades. She takes Emma and Calano's hands.

"We've... tried to find our way to you. Wherever we sent you, we haven't been able to open a portal to again. So, we'd accepted the fact that you had either died, or you were just waiting until the Scourge was over, then you would come and search. The four of us, me, Eric, and your parents, Emma, we all spent many sleepless nights wondering after your fate."

Eliza walks into the kitchen. "Eric is downtown, working on a project. He still won't tell me what it is, he insists it's a surprise. But he'll be home later. Emma, do you want me to call your parents, invite them over?"

do you want to control the POV of Emma's parents, Wizard? 

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Eliza smiles, "Yes, they live just down the street."

Her smile fades. She takes Emma and Calano's hands.

"We've... tried to find our way to you. Wherever we sent you, we haven't been able to open a portal to again. So, we'd accepted the fact that you had either died, or you were just waiting until the Scourge was over, then you would come and search. The four of us, me, Eric, and your parents, Emma, we all spent many sleepless nights wondering after your fate."

Eliza walks into the kitchen. "Eric is downtown, working on a project. He still won't tell me what it is, he insists it's a surprise. But he'll be home later. Emma, do you want me to call your parents, invite them over?"

The smile fades from Emma's face.

I am feeling the exact same thing you were Calano. Our emotions are mirroring each other.

Emma pushes the frown away.

"Umm, yes please, please do invite them."

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

do you want to control the POV of Emma's parents, Wizard? 

Yup

9 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The smile fades from Emma's face.

I am feeling the exact same thing you were Calano. Our emotions are mirroring each other.

Emma pushes the frown away.

"Umm, yes please, please do invite them."

That makes sense. This is still quite a shock. It's alright though. I'm here with you.

Eliza, ever perceptive, picks up on the attitude change. "Do you need a moment before that, Emma? To gather yourself?"

Calano puts a hand on Emma's shoulder, rubbing it affectionately. "If you need a moment, dear, you can take one."

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

That makes sense. This is still quite a shock. It's alright though. I'm here with you.

Eliza, ever perceptive, picks up on the attitude change. "Do you need a moment before that, Emma? To gather yourself?"

Calano puts a hand on Emma's shoulder, rubbing it affectionately. "If you need a moment, dear, you can take one."

"Yeah, I'm going to go up to the roof for a bit." Emma opens the window and climbs up the tree to the roof, staring at the stars as they wink into existence.

You know you haven't told your mom that Emma and Calano are married yet, right?

way ahead of ya- it's time for mother son bonding HAHAHAAAAA oh im gonna embarrass the HELL outta Calano

Eliza turns around with a sly grin. "You and Emma, huh? Can't say I'm surprised."

Calano blushes, grins, and rolls his eyes, all at once. "Mom, I just found you. You're really gonna start our reunion conversation like this?"

"Oh absolutely," Eliza says, the grin not leaving her face.

Calano sighs, and holds up his hand, the ring styled like a raven on his finger.

Eliza's jaw drops. "Married?? Ok, now I'm surprised."

Calano grins again. "This is technically our honeymoon. We got married like 2 days ago."

Eliza smiles so wide, Calano fears her face is going to split apart. Then it vanishes.

"You mean to tell me, you got married, and you didn't invite me?" She says, deathly serious.

Calano pales. "Uhh, well, we didn't know if you or her parents or Dad were alive... so... and searching would have delayed the wedding, and people had already RSVPed and bought/made gifts, and-"

He's interrupted by Eliza laughing. "Relax, son, it's fine. I understand."

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You look like otherworlders. That type of clothing is not typical of our realm. Mostly, people here wear those colorful robes with Edmund, Theodore, and I being the main exceptions as the King, his husband, and the general."

"...Oh."

Edited by Kajsa

41 minutes ago, Kajsa said:

"...Oh."

The group arrived at the bottom of the hill. As Mell had said, many people stared, pointing and whispering. One small girl of about seven years old ran up to them, offering Kareena, Jove, TAAron, @Nameless, and @The Halcyon Girl each a flower in turn. The flowers looked very odd, with long, straight stems and dozens of petals alternating between white and a deep blue. As they watched, the blue seemed to shift subtly, though not in a way that was easy to describe. Mell looked surprised. "They knew we were coming."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The group arrived at the bottom of the hill. As Mell had said, many people stared, pointing and whispering. One small girl of about seven years old ran up to them, offering Kareena, Jove, TAAron, and @The Halcyon Girl each a flower in turn. The flowers looked very odd, with long, straight stems and dozens of petals alternating between white and a deep blue. As they watched, the blue seemed to shift subtly, though not in a way that was easy to describe. Mell looked surprised. "They knew we were coming."

Kareena accepted the flower, twirling it between her fingers. "...How?"

25 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

way ahead of ya- it's time for mother son bonding HAHAHAAAAA oh im gonna embarrass the HELL outta Calano

Huh, I already kinda knew it was going to turn out that way. Played out very similarly how I had imagined.

Emma's face turns red as she feels Calano's embarrassment and it slowly begins to cool.

Is that how it's gonna be with my parent? Hmmm. Oops, sorry dear, that was a retorical question.

Emma turns around sensing a pile of shadows and she goes to it, and starts to tinker around with it.

I think I finally figured this out.

1 minute ago, Kajsa said:

Kareena accepted the flower, twirling it between her fingers. "...How?"

"Must have been Theodore. I guess he figured you wouldn't be so hasty with throwing yourself into the void. I do wish he had kept it to himself and the king, though. The flower is called the Lumont, and is has some heavy symbolic significance to the people. Recently it has become a symbol of the king, who naturally is an otherworlder as you are."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Must have been Theodore. I guess he figured you wouldn't be so hasty with throwing yourself into the void. I do wish he had kept it to himself and the king, though. The flower is called the Lumont, and is has some heavy symbolic significance to the people. Recently it has become a symbol of the king, who naturally is an otherworlder as you are."

Kareena nodded. "Oh. That's... that's cool." She smiled at the small girl (if she's still there). "Thank you."

Just now, Kajsa said:

Kareena nodded. "Oh. That's... that's cool." She smiled at the small girl (if she's still there). "Thank you."

The girl nodded and ran off. Soon, the group arrived at the central tower. There was no door, instead a tall triangular frame that appear to surround nothing but solid wall. Without a moment's hesitation, Mell walked through as though there was nothing but air.

Kareena can go ahead and try to get through, but the wall will be solid to her. Mell has to do a thing first.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The girl nodded and ran off. Soon, the group arrived at the central tower. There was no door, instead a tall triangular frame that appear to surround nothing but solid wall. Without a moment's hesitation, Mell walked through as though there was nothing but air.

Kareena's brow furrowed, then she shrugged and walked straight into the wall. "OW!" She bent over, rubbing her nose, muttering a curse under her breath. 

Just now, Kajsa said:

Kareena's brow furrowed, then she shrugged and walked straight into the wall. "OW!" She bent over, rubbing her nose, muttering a curse under her breath. 

Moments later, a sound like and electrical spark sounded behind the wall, and it rippled, shimmering as it apparently disappeared. "That looked like it hurt," Mell remarked, standing in the doorway with a metal rod in her hand. She spun it between her fingers skillfully. "Am I ever glad that this thing is fixed. Come on in."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Moments later, a sound like and electrical spark sounded behind the wall, and it rippled, shimmering as it apparently disappeared. "That looked like it hurt," Mell remarked, standing in the doorway with a metal rod in her hand. She spun it between her fingers skillfully. "Am I ever glad that this thing is fixed. Come on in."

Kareena continued to massage her bruised nose. "Thanks," she said, flatly, then followed Mell into the tower.

19 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

17 minutes ago, Kajsa said:

Kareena continued to massage her bruised nose. "Thanks," she said, flatly, then followed Mell into the tower.

Haly and Jove follow, Haly fingering her flower with a faraway look on her face