Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

You don't seem okay.

Skimming along cutting everyone’s wires, she continued. 

A scarf is a dog and a dog is a stalk 

Of flowerthorn sagebrush, made only of rock.

The happy is happy being obtuse

Like all the angles of Beetlejuice 

And something abstruse

Breaks the chicken’s roost

I want seven shiny sixpence 

So go somewhere else if you want sense 

A smol, fluffy cat appears at the door. She seems to want to enter the building, but is unable to open the door.

She glances towards a window, then jumps onto a windowsill, meowing softly and batting at the window.

Hello humans, I would like to join! Can I be a therapy cat? Treat myself and other patients at the same time?

Symptoms: Reading way later into the night than I'm supposed to, squealing in excitement whenever Hoid appears in a book, having random epiphanies in class but being unable to explain them to anyone 'cause it would spoil the book.

12 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Eliza nods, "Don't mention it."

Eric comes into the living room, with a tray of fruits and vegetables, arranged quite nicely.

They all sit and wait, Calano rubbing Emma's back affectionately.

Someone knocks on the door. "I've got it," Eliza says, and walks to the door.

She opens it, and beckons to the living room Emma's parents.

Emma looks up and freezes seeing her parents, Joe and Jerrica, after all these years. "Mom...Dad" Cracks Emma's voice. 

"Emma!" Screeches Jerrica.

Emma slowly stands up and staggers from the force of the hug and she holds both her parents tight. "I'm finally home."

"Yes you are dear."

@CalanoCorvus

On 10/29/2022 at 10:17 PM, Ranryu said:

Dang it. Good thing I have another option.

"I use Ranryu's special ability, which lets me summon it to the field. Then I link Ranryu and Hiita to summon Wynn the Wind Charmer, Verdant. I place one face-down and end my turn."

Interesting. Why do I have a card of myself in this deck?

"I draw, and I lay a monster card face down. Your move now."

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

24 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma looks up and freezes seeing her parents, Joe and Jerrica, after all these years. "Mom...Dad" Cracks Emma's voice. 

"Emma!" Screeches Jerrica.

Emma slowly stands up and staggers from the force of the hug and she holds both her parents tight. "I'm finally home."

"Yes you are dear."

Calano grins as Emma is practically crushed by her parents. Eliza laughs.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:21 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa sighed as she ditched her heels and ran after Bookwyrm. Of course he can use Allomancy. 

When she stopped before she got close enough to be noticed easily. She watched what was going on, looking to see if there was any way she could help. The monster thing looked familiar, but she couldn't quite remember what it was. It was something Alcatraz... 

Her hands started to buzz the same way they had before. Bookwyrm told me to tell him but he's kind of occupied. She flicked her hand and flung an orange spark that was a bit bigger than the last one. I wish I could do that again.

Bookwyrm turned to look at Insa. He felt a spike of shame when he noticed that she had been wearing heels, and was now barefoot.

I probably shouldn't have just bounded over, he thought to himself. I'll be sure to apologize later. And make sure she gets some sturdy travelling gear.

Bookwyrm turned back to the Gak. "Yes, I am a newcomer," he said. "And I would be really pleased if you would leave. It would be strawsome." Bookwyrm cringed. That had been terrible. What was he thinking? Calano had mentioned at some point that straw puns were helpful when fighting Gaks, but...

Several of the others looked at him with confused looks after his terrible pun.

@CalanoCorvus

I don't really know how a Gak would act in this situation....Can you roleplay the Gak for me until we defeat it?

I gotchu.

The Gak smiled, or at least that's what Bookwyrm assumed it did. "I haven't had to fight someone like you for a while. It's been strawful. Let's see how strawmazing your straw puns are!"

The Gak curled into a ball and watched. "If you win, I eat that one," Gak said, nodding to Insa. "If I win, I eat all of you!" It said, looking at everyone.

6 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I draw, and I lay a monster card face down. Your move now."

Wynn's duel runner made a pinging noise.

"Hmm. I wonder what that means."

The bike began glowing, then disappeared in a flash of light.

Seriously, watch Arc-V. Everyone.

39 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Gak smiled, or at least that's what Bookwyrm assumed it did. "I haven't had to fight someone like you for a while. It's been strawful. Let's see how strawmazing your straw puns are!"

The Gak curled into a ball and watched. "If you win, I eat that one," Gak said, nodding to Insa. "If I win, I eat all of you!" It said, looking at everyone.

Rabbit, who had been invited to help out with fighting the Gak, burst into the room, "Strawp!" She screamed, but she skidded to a halt and gave the Gak a suprised look, "Wait, you aren't strawngling anyone? What a strawlief."

Edited by Rabbit Unmade

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

Rabbit, who had been invited to help out with fighting the Gak, burst into the room, "Strawp!" She screamed, but she skidded to a halt and gave the Gak a suprised look, "Wait, you aren't strawngling anyone? What a strawlief."

"I'm waiting for their next pun. It's taking a strawgonizingly long time."

8 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano grins as Emma is practically crushed by her parents. Eliza laughs.

Emma extracts herself from her parents and with a choked sob. And her left hand reaches up to push her hair out of her face, her ring glinting in the light.

"What is that?" Asks Jerrica a grin on her face.

"It's my wedding ring." Emma looks at the surprised looks one her parent's faces and she quickly answers the next question. "To Calano." 

And Emma quickly catches them up to their burgeoning grins.

@CalanoCorvus

You can help with Emma's parents if you want Calano. I don't care.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Insa paled. Would it be worth it to argue? The Gak had sounded like the terms he had placed were definite. She looked around trying to figure out something that would work. Preferably something that would keep her and everyone else from being eaten. An idea started to form. Would it work? Probably not. It was only half formed. And it was dependent on a lot of things. Was it worth a shot? Probably. But if there was any chance of this working Bookwrym needed to win and he needed to do so in a way that would give her some time. She turned to him. "You better win."

14 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

"Strawry good." She scoots over to @The Bookwyrm and @InfiniteInsanity and whispers "Hurry up and make some puns."

Insa looked Rabbit in the eyes. "I don't intentionally do puns. I'm worse than Bookwyrm at it. If you want me to make puns you need to help me with them." She whispers.

24 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa paled. Would it be worth it to argue? The Gak had sounded like the terms he had placed were definite. She looked around trying to figure out something that would work. Preferably something that would keep her and everyone else from being eaten. An idea started to form. Would it work? Probably not. It was only half formed. And it was dependent on a lot of things. Was it worth a shot? Probably. But if there was any chance of this working Bookwrym needed to win and he needed to do so in a way that would give her some time. She turned to him. "You better win."

Insa looked Rabbit in the eyes. "I don't intentionally do puns. I'm worse than Bookwyrm at it. If you want me to make puns you need to help me with them." She whispers.

"Will do." Says Rabbit. She blows a strand of hair out of her eyes, "Strawful is a bit overused, so that's not a great choice. Words that start with a are useful."

39 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"You better win."

"I'm not going to let him eat you," Bookwyrm said resolutely. "Or anyone, for that matter."

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Bookwyrm turned to the Gak and sighed. 

"I must strawpologize," he said to the Gak. "My puns are pretty strawful. I have little strawxperience in the art of straw puns; it must take strawmendous strength and strawbility to be able to use them so strawrtfully."

This is insane, Bookwyrm thought. These puns are terrible. What am I doing? Why did it have to be a Gak, of all things?

24 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

"Oooh, those puns were pretty good, but you had time to think." Rabbit stands up, "You need to practice getting faster." She raises her voice a little, "Some Gaks aren't as strawlite as this one." 

"Indeed," Bookwyrm continued, hoping the flattery strategy worked, "But this Gak is clearly very strawlite. I've never seen a Gak as strawmazing at strawsembling strawmaculate straw puns."

Technically, it was true. Bookwyrm had never seen a Gak until now. Only heard and read of them.

Edited by The Bookwyrm