Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma picks up Shadow. "I'm ready to go."

Joe looks frantically at Eric. "Our experiements and our work. They must be destroyed before we leave."

Eric looks towards the garage, which he's most likely repurposed to be his lab. "We can pack them into the Case and take them with us. This is why we created the Case. Go into my lab, grab it, and pack everything. I'll help go through the house. We can set up in my son's clinic, he surely has room for it." Eric looks at Calano, who nods, "More than enough room."

10 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Eric looks towards the garage, which he's most likely repurposed to be his lab. "We can pack them into the Case and take them with us. This is why we created the Case. Go into my lab, grab it, and pack everything. I'll help go through the house. We can set up in my son's clinic, he surely has room for it." Eric looks at Calano, who nods, "More than enough room."

"Alright." Joe runs do to the lab and hurriedly starts The Case sequence. He jumps out of the room as it folds in on itself and he picks up the case that is left behind. Skidding up the stairs. "I have The Case!"

Eric was helping Eliza pack important documents into a code sealed briefcase, probably enchanted as well. Jerrica was just sitting there, and Emma and Calano were working on creating a large portal back to the Clinic.

"Does everyone have everything?" Calano asked, waving his hands, making strange gestures. The air in front of him wavered a bit, like ripples in a pond, before opening to a portal of the clinic lobby. "Now or never."

Eric and Eliza nodded and jumped through to the other side. Calano looked at Joe and Jerrica. "You two ready to go?"

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Eric was helping Eliza pack important documents into a code sealed briefcase, probably enchanted as well. Jerrica was just sitting there, and Emma and Calano were working on creating a large portal back to the Clinic.

"Does everyone have everything?" Calano asked, waving his hands, making strange gestures. The air in front of him wavered a bit, like ripples in a pond, before opening to a portal of the clinic lobby. "Now or never."

Eric and Eliza nodded and jumped through to the other side. Calano looked at Joe and Jerrica. "You two ready to go?"

"Yes, the people know the protocol and they will leave." Jerrica stares at Emma's work on the portal. "You need to add just a bit more power to the quantum phalanx, dear."

Emma's face flames red. "I see it, Mom and I'm working on it." The portal stabalizes and Joe and Jerrica walk through and Emma and Calano walk through last.

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Sivilia's companion left for some purpose or another. Sivilia led Insa to one of the rooms on the right wing of the manor-inn. It was of moderate size, not very fancy, but by no means shabby. The wooden walls seemed lived in and welcoming, and a large window on the outer wall let in a generous amount of light and a nice view. The bed looked comfortable, and there was a desk, a vanity, and a door that must have led to a side room.

"You can stay here while your friend heals," Sivilia said. "And don't worry. Even without the help of our healers, he's surprisingly resilient. Most likely because of his magic." Sivilia put a comforting hand on Insa's shoulders. "He'll be fine. And I'm sure he'll forgive you."

Insa sat down on the bed. "Thank you." 

She looked down at the dress she was wearing. She really needed to get out it. All Bookwyrm had done was think about it. Or that was all it looked like he had done. All she needed were some leggings, a t-shirt, and boots. That should be a lot more travel worthy than... this. 

Insa closed her eyes. This better work. She snapped, trying to mimic what Bookwyrm had done. It worked. Insa was now wearing black leggings, a light gray t-shirt, and hiking/combat boots. She smiled. Much better. Now she would be able travel a little easier. She had a feeling that they wouldn't be here too long.

55 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yes, the people know the protocol and they will leave." Jerrica stares at Emma's work on the portal. "You need to add just a bit more power to the quantum phalanx, dear."

Emma's face flames red. "I see it, Mom and I'm working on it." The portal stabalizes and Joe and Jerrica walk through and Emma and Calano walk through last.

The Portal closed, and the ever growing feeling of dread that had plagued Calano faded. He took a deep breath, falling to his knees, just then realizing how tense and anxious he had been.

"Gods... that was too close." Bookwyrm? Anyone there? He reached out with his mind, probing the area where he thought the feeling had come from. He noted the mind of Insa.

@InfiniteInsanity Insa? Where's Bookwyrm? I can't find him. I know he went with you, but what's going on? Something just happened, and I'm back at the clinic with mine and Emma's parents, but the universe/dimension we came from... I think something happened to it. Or, is happening to it. I don't like this.

42 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Portal closed, and the ever growing feeling of dread that had plagued Calano faded. He took a deep breath, falling to his knees, just then realizing how tense and anxious he had been.

"Gods... that was too close." Bookwyrm? Anyone there? He reached out with his mind, probing the area where he thought the feeling had come from. He noted the mind of Insa.

"Far too close." Emma smiles down at Calano and helps him to his feet. "It seems that world ending disasters like to nip at our heels far too often."

Bookwyrm sat up and looked around. He was in a small, comfortable room, still wearing his travelling clothes. When he left the room and opened the door, a man was there waiting for him, dressed in the outfit of a healer.

The healer explained the situation to him. Bookwyrm thanked him and went to find Insa.

As he walked, he received a message from Calano. He traced the source of the message to the Clinic, which was beyond the influence of the Kaos. Calano had moved.

48 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Bookwyrm? Anyone there?

I'm here, Bookwyrm said. A tendril of Kaos just attacked the dimension you were in. It blocked my communication with you. Are you okay?

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I'm here, Bookwyrm said. A tendril of Kaos just attacked the dimension you were in. It blocked my communication with you. Are you okay?

I'm fine. I'm with Emma, and all 4 of our parents. We found them. They're here in the clinic, and I think everyone in that dimension made it out.

Kaos... so it is waking up then? It's too soon! It was supposed to be slumbering for another ten centuries! If it's waking up... what does that mean for us? And everything else? Are you and Insa and anyone else okay? What's going on?

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Far too close." Emma smiles down at Calano and helps him to his feet. "It seems that world ending disasters like to nip at our heels far too often."

"We really need a break." Calano says, then wraps his arms around Emma. "We really need a break."

Edited by CalanoCorvus

14 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

I'm fine. I'm with Emma, and all 4 of our parents. We found them. They're here in the clinic, and I think everyone in that dimension made it out.

Kaos... so it is waking up then? It's too soon! It was supposed to be slumbering for another ten centuries! If it's waking up... what does that mean for us? And everything else? Are you and Insa and anyone else okay? What's going on?

We're fine, Bookwyrm assured Calano. We're in a settlement in another universe. Do you want us to return to the Clinic so we can plan our next move? Or do you want us to investigate?

Bookwyrm kept walking through the building, and at the direction of a few people, found himself at Insa's room. He knocked on the door.

@InfiniteInsanity

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Insa? Where's Bookwyrm? I can't find him. I know he went with you, but what's going on? Something just happened, and I'm back at the clinic with mine and Emma's parents, but the universe/dimension we came from... I think something happened to it. Or, is happening to it. I don't like this.

Calano? As far as I know Bookwyrm is unconscious. I accidentally knocked him out. What's going on?

11 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

We're fine, Bookwyrm assured Calano. We're in a settlement in another universe. Do you want us to return to the Clinic so we can plan our next move? Or do you want us to investigate?

Bookwyrm kept walking through the building, and at the direction of a few people, found himself at Insa's room. He knocked on the door.

@InfiniteInsanity

Insa groaned and got up to answer the door. When she saw Bookwyrm she gave a slight smile. "Sorry."

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

You should come back. If you can't, I understand. But this is big. We need everyone.

Calano took a deep breath and released Emma. "Bookwyrm should hopefully be able to come. This is bad." He put his head in his hands and breathed out. "Ugghhh, why did this have to happen??"

Telrao stands, hearing the sound of crackling flame. Oh no.

Gathering power from the nearby humans, her aon patterns begin to glow, giving her power for AonDor. She quickly makes her way around the Clinic, dodging rushing therapists, clerks, and attendants. She makes her way to where Random Fellow had started setting fire to the building. She raises her paw and quickly draws Aon Eno to put out the flames. 

She then draws Aon Omi to calm the general Clinic, giving the workers calm thoughtfulness as they address issues and patients. Tired from the sudden expense of energy, Telrao makes her way down back to where Haly lies, still recovering. She stands protectively as she watches for any threats.

The job of a therapy cat is to comfort, revive and protect. I shall do so.

1 hour ago, Telrao said:

Telrao stands, hearing the sound of crackling flame. Oh no.

Gathering power from the nearby humans, her aon patterns begin to glow, giving her power for AonDor. She quickly makes her way around the Clinic, dodging rushing therapists, clerks, and attendants. She makes her way to where Random Fellow had started setting fire to the building. She raises her paw and quickly draws Aon Eno to put out the flames. 

She then draws Aon Omi to calm the general Clinic, giving the workers calm thoughtfulness as they address issues and patients. Tired from the sudden expense of energy, Telrao makes her way down back to where Haly lies, still recovering. She stands protectively as she watches for any threats.

The job of a therapy cat is to comfort, revive and protect. I shall do so.

The other patients surround Telrao, they're wearing aluminum hats, protecting them from the Aon's power, and Willa is at their head, "We're revolting, therapy cat!" She yells, "I'm sorry! We don't want to do this, but we're going to have to. To stop you from hurting us anymore." They rush for Telrao, "BOOKS!" They bellow in unison, like a war cry. The pin her to the floor. Telrao feels the power being sucked from her. Willa has tears in her eyes, "Sorry." She whispers, "It's the only way."

Edited by Rabbit Unmade

7 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

The other patients surround Telrao, they're wearing aluminum hats, protecting them from the Aon's power, and Willa is at their head, "We're revolting, therapy cat!" She yells, "I'm sorry! We don't want to do this, but we're going to have to. To stop you from hurting us anymore." They rush for Telrao, "BOOKS!" They bellow in unison, like a war cry. The pin her to the floor. Telrao feels the power being sucked from her. Willa has tears in her eyes, "Sorry." She whispers, "It's the only way."

Telrao growls in anger.

"I will PROTECT!" She howls in fury as she attacks Willa. There is a dull pain inside her. Almost all her power is gone.

Almost.

In a flurry of fur, claws and teeth, she completes the feline ju-jitsu knockout move, escaping from Willa's clutches and whacking several of the patients unconscious (and their aluminium hats off). As they slumber, Telrao draws power from them.

She rapidly draws aons in the air. Aon Daa, combined with Aon Rao, and several other factors. The blast fires down the hall, blasting the patients backwards. None of them are harmed, but some have been knocked unconscious.

"Listen!" She howls. "We only do this for your good! What purrpose does this serve?"

5 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao growls in anger.

"I will PROTECT!" She howls in fury as she attacks Willa. There is a dull pain inside her. Almost all her power is gone.

Almost.

In a flurry of fur, claws and teeth, she completes the feline ju-jitsu knockout move, escaping from Willa's clutches and whacking several of the patients unconscious (and their aluminium hats off). As they slumber, Telrao draws power from them.

She rapidly draws aons in the air. Aon Daa, combined with Aon Rao, and several other factors. The blast fires down the hall, blasting the patients backwards. None of them are harmed, but some have been knocked unconscious.

"Listen!" She howls. "We only do this for your good! What purrpose does this serve?"

Willa struggles for words for a second, but then she speaks, "You starve us of our books! Some of- No, most of you are corrupt, I can't stand it any longer. I've got to stop cowering! I- we have to fight back!" Willa growls, "I'm locked in that 'cell' for all but fifteen minutes a day, and very few patients have it any better." She looks at Telrao pleadingly, "You understand, don't you? Not all the therapists are as good to their patients as you are."

Edited by Rabbit Unmade

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

Willa struggles, "You starve us of our books! Some of- No, most of you are corrupt, I can't stand it any longer. I've got to stop cowering! I- we have to fight back!" Willa growls, "I'm locked in that 'cell' for all but fifteen minutes a day, and very few patients have it any better." She looks at Telrao pleadingly, "You understand, don't you? Not all the therapists are as good to their patients as you are."

Telrao looks up at Willa, and sighs.

"I understand, Willa. I wish I could have a say, but I am new here. Human, do you realise the damage this revolt has caused? Listen."

Shouts, the crackle of flame and screams echo in the hallway.

"This is not the way things should be. I will do all I can in my power to make things better for you. Look," She points down the hall. "Let us settle this peaceably. Let us go to the Director, and sort something out." She smiles and purrs "And then we will clean up this mess. And, on the bright side, I am certain the Director will be afraid of another revolt - so conditions are guaranteed to improve. Who knows, purrhaps they'll give us cookies."

She pauses. "What do you say, Willa?" Her aons patterns glow softly in the dimming light. "Will we have peace?"

Just now, Telrao said:

Telrao looks up at Willa, and sighs.

"I understand, Willa. I wish I could have a say, but I am new here. Human, do you realise the damage this revolt has caused? Listen."

Shouts, the crackle of flame and screams echo in the hallway.

"This is not the way things should be. I will do all I can in my power to make things better for you. Look," She points down the hall. "Let us settle this peaceably. Let us go to the Director, and sort something out." She smiles and purrs "And then we will clean up this mess. And, on the bright side, I am certain the Director will be afraid of another revolt - so conditions are guaranteed to improve. Who knows, purrhaps they'll give us cookies."

She pauses. "What do you say, Willa?" Her aons patterns glow softly in the dimming light. "Will we have peace?"

Willa looks down at her neon green sneakers, "I... Want to. So bad, but the only way for that to happen is for the clinic not to be a clinic anymore." She stares out the window, "Ever since I come here, I haven't been allowed to touch a book. I tried. I was a rebel. But they just kept squeezing until I had no fight left in me." Her eyes harden, "But I found it again. We'll have a temporary ceasefire for one hour. In that time, we'll try to settle this peacefully."

8 hours ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

Freddy bursts into Lark‘s office, “Boss! Sorry, to interrupt, but the Clinic is under attack! The patients have organized a revolt and are tearing it down!“

Lark looked up from his book, surprised. "Really? Why?"

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Unmade said:

Willa looks down at her neon green sneakers, "I... Want to. So bad, but the only way for that to happen is for the clinic not to be a clinic anymore." She stares out the window, "Ever since I come here, I haven't been allowed to touch a book. I tried. I was a rebel. But they just kept squeezing until I had no fight left in me." Her eyes harden, "But I found it again. We'll have a temporary ceasefire for one hour. In that time, we'll try to settle this peacefully."

Telrao nods, reserved. "Alright then." She turns to head down the hall.

"And Willa? I promise you, I WILL try and make some way for you to have books again. Purrhaps not as many as before, but maybe one a month. And if it helps..."

She rubs her head against Willa's legs. "I only want the best for you and the patients."

Telrao bounds away and attempts to find Lark's office. She runs up corridor after corridor. Finally, she finds it.

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Lark looked up from his book, surprised. "Really? Why?"

"Sir!" She bursts into the room and jumps up on the desk, tail twitching in excitement, "I have organised a ceasefire for one hour. But they have some conditions."

Edited by Telrao