Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Telrao was curled up on the floor, trembling. My fault, my fault, my fault.

She could feel Him. He pulled at her soul. A small tendril stabbed her heart, whispering to her. "Little cat, dear, little cat. A small mistake hmm? ALL. YOUR. FAULT."

Telrao cringed as a presence appeared near her. She looked up, seeing Calano looking down at her. She cringed back against the wall

My fault, my fault, my fault.

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by Telrao
60th post ayyy

Calano knew immediately this was what had caused the tendrils of Kaos to escape. He knelt down, staring transfixed at the small, quivering cat as it tried to press itself against the wall.

All he wanted to know was how, how in the Almighty's holy name, this cat had managed to shift the prison of Kaos. But that was unimportant.

"Hey there, little friend." He said softly. "I understand you've made a mistake."

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano knew immediately this was what had caused the tendrils of Kaos to escape. He knelt down, staring transfixed at the small, quivering cat as it tried to press itself against the wall.

All he wanted to know was how, how in the Almighty's holy name, this cat had managed to shift the prison of Kaos. But that was unimportant.

"Hey there, little friend." He said softly. "I understand you've made a mistake."

Emma freezes and she reaches her mind out to Corvus. "It's a cat isn't it? Do you think you could calm it enough for me to come with shadow? I have an idea."

Just now, Telrao said:

Telrao, still trembling, crouched further away. She mewed pitifully.

Her aons began to shift, warping as Kaos' influence grew.

My fault my fault my-

She ran over to the cat. “You okay? You don’t look okay.” Concerned, she reached out and petted the cat.

30 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao, still trembling, crouched further away. She mewed pitifully.

Her aons began to shift, warping as Kaos' influence grew.

My fault my fault my-

Calano reaches out and rubs the cat gently on the head. "It's not your fault. Whatever happened, I'm sure was a mistake. It's okay, we can fix it. Can you try and help us?" He asks, speaking in low tones to try and comfort the cat.

31 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma freezes and she reaches her mind out to Corvus. "It's a cat isn't it? Do you think you could calm it enough for me to come with shadow? I have an idea."

It is a cat. Come quick, she's trembling pretty badly.

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

It is a cat. Come quick, she's trembling pretty badly.

Coming now. 

Emma quickly scoops up Shadow and very carefully transports herself and Shadow to where Calano is. Emma lets Shadow see the other cat and she encourages him over to it. Shadow walks over to Telrao and he sniffs her and rubs up against her, purring encouragingly.

Emma concentrates, eyes seeing another plane, using her gift and her curse to see the connection between Telrao and Kaos. That is going to be a problem, a big problem. Quickly she mentally relates what she saw to Calano.

@Telrao @CalanoCorvus

Telrao's eyes suddenly snap into focus. She growls softly, then shakes her head, trying to clear her thoughts of Kaos' whispers. "Little cat, little cat! Foolish little cat!"

She eyes Emma and Shadow, then purrs as she leans against the other cat for comfort. My... fault.

Edited by Telrao
ninja'd

2 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao's eyes suddenly snap into focus. She growls softly, then shakes her head, trying to clear her thoughts of Kaos' whispers. "Little cat, little cat! Foolish little cat!"

She looks up at Calano, fear in her eyes.

Telrao shivers again, then leans into the pets. She closes her eyes, her breathing slowing as she calms herself. Remember your training. She thinks determinedly. Your're better than this.

Telrao steps up to Calano and nods in response. She purrs softly, pacing around his legs. I will try, she thinks, will.

"Little cat, little cat!" Kaos sings.

She kept petting her, contemplating the cat.

Calano looks at the cat. "I do not know you, little one. But I believe you are not to blame. This was a mistake. An accident. It can be remedied. We can provide help along the way, as you can to us."

He scratches the cat behind the ears. "May I pick you up and take you somewhere enchanted, away from here? I can only imagine what Kaos is whispering to you. I... I know the feeling. It is not an enjoyable experience. I can take you to a place without the whispers."

@Telrao

Edited by CalanoCorvus

8 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano looks at the cat. "I do not know you, little one. But I believe you are not to blame. This was a mistake. An accident. It can be remedied. We can provide help along the way, as you can to us."

He scratches the cat behind the ears. "May I pick you up and take you somewhere enchanted, away from here? I can only imagine what Kaos is whispering to you. I... I know the feeling. It is not an enjoyable experience. I can take you to a place without the whispers."

@Telrao

Telrao purred softly, looking up at Calano with pleading eyes.

Please, anywhere!

"Sweet, tiny, foolish little cat!" Kaos hissed. Her very soul felt like it was punctured by needles.

Please.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa raised her hand. "I-" Out of the corner of her eyes she saw sparks dancing around her fingers. She dropped her hand as fast as she could. Her hand hit her leg. The shock from the sparks made her shudder a little. "I don't know much about what is going on but I can go wherever and do whatever you need me to."

Bookwyrm glanced over just in time to see sparks fly around Insa's fingers. He also notice her try to hide it.

Hm...

"Your help will be invaluable, Insa. I'll work on recruiting a few other people, and then we can leave."

Bookwyrm smiled reassuringly at Insa and sent her a mental message. Don't be worried about that power of yours. You're it's master; don't let it control you.

11 hours ago, Telrao said:

Telrao purred softly, looking up at Calano with pleading eyes.

Please, anywhere!

"Sweet, tiny, foolish little cat!" Kaos hissed. Her very soul felt like it was punctured by needles.

Please.

Calano gently picked up the purring, trembling cat. He spun on the spot and brought her back to the study. "I apologize if that was disorienting," He said as the cat's trembling seemed to calm down. "It was the fastest way."

Emma reappears by Calano and she lets Shadow curl up around her neck. Rushing over to Calano, she leans over his shoulder, looking at the cat. "You are a beautiful cat."

Shadow being a cat, walks across Emma's shoulders down to Calano's shoulders and falls asleep.

Bookwyrm posted a recruitment form that magically appeared in places in the Clinic where people could see it.

We need help on a mission to find the other Archives and gain information on Kaos. If you are willing and able to help, contact Bookwyrm, who lives in Room Y49.

@Nameless @The Halcyon Girl @The Aspiring Archivist @Rabbit Unmade @Shining Silhouette @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Ranryu

I know you guys had a side plot going, but that seems to have sputtered out at the current time. If any of you would like to join our plot to find the other Archives, let me know.

And Rabbit, if you want Rabbit or Willa to join as well, just let me know.

Silhouette and Thaidakar, I know you two haven't been active in a while (A long while in Silhouette's case), but if either of you want to come on a random adventure, let me know.

If not, that's fine.

And if anyone who I didn't ping wants to join, let me know.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Matra, who had spent [however long since I last posted] holed up in her bedroom pining after her books, sensed something inherently wrong, and a call to action to fight it. She noticed Bookwyrm’s sign in the hall and slipped a note through his door. Can I be a part of it?

15 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm glanced over just in time to see sparks fly around Insa's fingers. He also notice her try to hide it.

Hm...

"Your help will be invaluable, Insa. I'll work on recruiting a few other people, and then we can leave."

Bookwyrm smiled reassuringly at Insa and sent her a mental message. Don't be worried about that power of yours. You're it's master; don't let it control you.

Insa looked at Bookwyrm. Of course he had noticed. She looked down at her hands. There were still sparks flitting around her fingers. What am I supposed to do with this? She frowned. She blocked the electricity from leaving her and the focused on the little sparks. She made them wrap around her finger and form a ring. And then it stayed. 

Insa smiled. She could do this.

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm posted a recruitment form that magically appeared in places in the Clinic where people could see it.

We need help on a mission to find the other Archives and gain information on Kaos. If you are willing and able to help, contact Bookwyrm, who lives in Room Y49.

@Nameless @The Halcyon Girl @The Aspiring Archivist @Rabbit Unmade @Shining Silhouette @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Ranryu

Potentially, I just need to do a Thaidakar resurface. He's been asleep the whole time in fel dreams.

8 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I'll help!

Willa burst into Room Y49, "Hi!" She squeals, "You needed something? I can try, but I probably won't be much help." She shrugs and waves her hands around, "No magic."

10 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Shadow purrs contendedly in sleep, and the cat in Calano's arms continues to tremble, although it is less than before. "Are the whispers gone?" He asks.

@Telrao

Telrao tips her head slightly. The hissing whispers have faded from her mind. But her soul... the sharp pain is gone, but a dull throbbing is left there instead.

She purrs a response softly, then sniffs at Shadow again. She mews and swishes her floofy tail, jumping out of Calano's arms and onto the floor. Her aon markings seem to glow slightly brighter now that the whispers had stopped.

Her Therapy Cat training takes over again, and she sits calmly on the floor. She can't speak, but she can think. She stops shaking. A pocket dimension? How does this protect us from Kaos' influence?

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by Telrao
Present tense argh

11 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Haly, feeling quite disoriented, found a sign and read it, then went to find Bookwyrm’s office. I guess I could use somethjng to do. Hopefully I can figure out how to contact Nameless and Kajsa and TAAron and Jove soon, but I could use a purpose for now.