Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

8 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano's mind understands the impressions Telrao's mind is putting out, then realizes something.

"You're a Therapy Cat, aren't you?" He whispers in awe. "Amazing. I've never met a Therapy Cat before, I'll admit, so this, despite my age, is a new experience."

Calano looked closer at the cat, and noticed the Aon markings. "You have access to the AonDor? Even through the protections and safeguards of the Clinic?"

In response, Telrao lifted her paw, exposing runes tattooed into her paw pads. They shifted and moved slightly as she moved.

Therapy Cats are special, she thought to him because we pull our energy from Therapy and the essence of Sanity. She thumped her tail on the floor. Contemplating. I have access to AonDor, because it is powered by Therapy. She drew Aon Aon in the air, and left it to hang there, glowing. The runes upon my paws allow me to convert the energy from Therapy into AonDor.

She frowned as the Aon faded, leaving a slight afterimage behind. When I Awakened, that is, became a True Therapy Cat, I Connected to Kaos' power for a few short moments. She looked up at Calano, troubled. Because of those few moments of Connection, I siphoned off a little of his Power. Now that I have broken my Third Oath, a thread of that power has been released back to Kaos, allowing him to fracture his cell. She growled softly, and leaves me unable to speak.

@CalanoCorvus

22 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"The Archive was built by ancient Worldseers," Bookwyrm said, containing his mild surprise at Willa's sudden attitude change. "Information has been lost over the ages. Even though we still exist as an organization, we have a long history. Besides, most of our operations have been outside this multiverse. I'm probably the first Worldseer to visit here in...well, in a long time."

Bookwyrm turned to the rest of the group. "Make your preparations. Gather information, gear, equipment, and whatever you need. We'll meet back here in three hours, and then depart."

@Shining Silhouette @MysticalShadows @Rabbit Unmade @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @InfiniteInsanity

Three hours later, Matra arrived back in the room, armed with a bulging satchel stuffed with books, an empty notebook, and, oddly, a map that seemed to be completely blank. It was labelled “Oceans Unexplored”, and she clutched it tightly in both hands. She shrugged. “My parents gave it to me,” she said. “Figured it might come in useful, in this whole world-saving business, you know?” She giggled, looking around. “What did everyone bring?”

Edited by MysticalShadows

6 hours ago, MysticalShadows said:

Three hours later, Matra arrived back in the room, armed with a bulging satchel stuffed with books, an empty notebook, and, oddly, a map that seemed to be completely blank. It was labelled “Oceans Unexplored”, and she clutched it tightly in both hands. She shrugged. “My parents gave it to me,” she said. “Figured it might come in useful, in this whole world-saving business, you know?” She giggled, looking around. “What did everyone bring?”

Insa looked at Matra. Why was this so exciting to her? And to the other girl? The world needed saving because it was being destroyed. Didn't that scare them at all? Insa shook her head and looked at the dagger she had made. "I didn't bring anything but now I have a dagger made out of electricity."

20 hours ago, Telrao said:

In response, Telrao lifted her paw, exposing runes tattooed into her paw pads. They shifted and moved slightly as she moved.

Therapy Cats are special, she thought to him because we pull our energy from Therapy and the essence of Sanity. She thumped her tail on the floor. Contemplating. I have access to AonDor, because it is powered by Therapy. She drew Aon Aon in the air, and left it to hang there, glowing. The runes upon my paws allow me to convert the energy from Therapy into AonDor.

She frowned as the Aon faded, leaving a slight afterimage behind. When I Awakened, that is, became a True Therapy Cat, I Connected to Kaos' power for a few short moments. She looked up at Calano, troubled. Because of those few moments of Connection, I siphoned off a little of his Power. Now that I have broken my Third Oath, a thread of that power has been released back to Kaos, allowing him to fracture his cell. She growled softly, and leaves me unable to speak.

@CalanoCorvus

Calano sat, contemplating. "Interesting," He said, "I've heard the theory, but I've never met a True Therapy Cat. It's an honor to meet you, and we'll see what we can do about Kaos, and you speaking."

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm looked around at those who he would travel with.

"Is everyone ready to leave?"

@Shining Silhouette @MysticalShadows @Rabbit Unmade @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @InfiniteInsanity

“Never been more ready!” Matra struck a heroic pose, then realising that it might be a bit overkill, she settled for a “yes.”

Calano stood up, laying his hands on the table. He nodded to Bookwyrm and his team. "Good luck to you all. I hope you return with good news. On our end we'll do everything we can about keeping Kaos contained."

A thought suddenly occured to him. He turned to Emma, and asked, "Is the Nethergrim connected to Kaos?"

@The Wandering Wizard 

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

A thought suddenly occured to him. He turned to Emma, and asked, "Is the Nethergrim connected to Kaos?"

"Yes, it is." Emma stiffens, "actually it's me that is more connected to the Kaos, not the Nethergrim. That previous response was instilled in me by my parents to keep it a secret."

Have fun with that Calano :P

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm looked around at those who he would travel with.

"Is everyone ready to leave?"

Thaidakar appeared in the room again, his laptop under his shoulder. "Yes, I suppose I am. I've prepared a few surprises for any enemies we may run into. I pity them."

9 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yes, it is." Emma stiffens, "actually it's me that is more connected to the Kaos, not the Nethergrim. That previous response was instilled in me by my parents to keep it a secret."

Calano blinked, then put his hands up. "Wait, wait, wait. Run that by me again. You're connected to Kaos more than the Nethergrim?"

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano blinked, then put his hands up. "Wait, wait, wait. Run that by me again. You're connected to Kaos more than the Nethergrim?"

"The soulless are just soulless. They are neither completely from the Right nor from the Kaos. The Nethergrrim made a bargain with Kaos and became more connected to the Kaos than any other soulless."  A fire burns in Emma's eyes, "it wasn't a burden I wanted, my family didn't want it either. But for some reason I was born connected to the Kaos."

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hol' up - am I in the same place? Just want to clarify before I do anything!

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"The soulless are just soulless. They are neither completely from the Right nor from the Kaos. The Nethergrrim made a bargain with Kaos and became more connected to the Kaos than any other soulless."  A fire burns in Emma's eyes, "it wasn't a burden I wanted, my family didn't want it either. But for some reason I was born connected to the Kaos."

Telrao padded up to Emma and leaned against her legs, purring. I know how you feel, she thought, I know the burden.

She glanced around the room at the others there, contemplating. Then she sensed... something else.

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The fire spread, at a steady rate of radius increase.

Fire! She thought desperately, Fire! She bounded to the door, frantically batting at it. As she failed to open it, she looked desperately back at Calano, knowing he could hear her. The Clinic is still in chaos! We need to get out there and save the other patients!

7 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The fire burned onward, and set Telrao on fire. Strangely, it did not consume or burn anything.

You realise we're in a pocket dimension, right? I'm pretty sure the fire can't get to us. :P

16 hours ago, Telrao said:

You realise we're in a pocket dimension, right? I'm pretty sure the fire can't get to us. :P

Actually I think were in Calano's study inside the clinic. If the fire doesn't harm anything it doesn't matter much.

19 hours ago, Telrao said:

Telrao padded up to Emma and leaned against her legs, purring. I know how you feel, she thought, I know the burden.

Emma sense the cat's thoughts and poses a question to the cat. How long have you had this burden? I have had it for milenia and I still struggle to resist at times. Would you like to join me and Calano? Having others around that care for you can help. Emma grins. It's helped since I've been married to Calano at least.

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano sat down, scribbling something on the paper in front of him.

"We have two people Connected to Kaos. Can we use that to our advantage, and if yes, how?"

Matra shifted in her seat and looked to the side. “I, um, might know of a Bondsmith we might be able to get to. They’re living in a pocket dimension which is roughly parallel to ours, so if Calano or Telrao for example were to reach out with their mind to just here-“ she motioned to a square of air in front of her face “- they might be able to sense a windswept tower and one very lonely soul…” Her eyes grew glassy and something like tears glistened in them. “My parent. They’re a Bondsmith. They may be able to manipulate the Connection to Kaos so that it draws power from Kaos into Telrao and Emma. I hope…” She shook her head and glanced away. “Never mind. It wouldn’t work anyway. It was just an idea, you don’t have to do anything…” She trailed off and looked up at the faces round the room.

I said Calano and Telrao because they’re the only ones I’ve seen using telecommunication and ‘sensing’ stuff, but I haven’t read back many pages so sorry if I missed you off. Also, Matra’s parent isn’t human (I haven’t worked out what they are) and they don’t conform to human ideas of gender, that’s what the ‘they’ thing is about.

I don’t want there to be a big quest thing to get to them, it should just be a case of using Aons to transport them into the room and that being that.