Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Purrhaps, I don't know if that would open me up to the nethergrim or not."

The Clinic

Telrao hesitated, contemplating.

Tell me the exact location of the Nethergrim. She held up a paw and drew Aon Aon, the base Aon, and steadied herself. With AonDor, I could probably get to Calano in time.

She glanced at Emma, And why did you say "purrhaps?" are you alright?

Edited by Telrao
adding location wheee

1 minute ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Can... can someone explain to me what is happening because I'm new and I'm very confused?

I assume your with Bookwyrm's group which is on another planet trying to find the next archive. While Emma, Calano, and Telrao are in the clinic.

Tal'rin Village, on a remote planet in the edges of another universe

Bookwyrm exited the Wyrmhole and gazed upon a devastating scene.

Tal'rin Village had been burned to the ground.

Where houses had once stood, there were only mounds of burning wood and rubble. The only building left with some semblance of its former self was the central building, which was nothing more than a frame near collapsing.

Bookwyrm burned Tin. The scent of smoke overwhelmed him, so he brought the tin down to a low burn before checking his senses again.

I don't smell any burning flesh. Either everyone escaped, or they were captured. He turned to @InfiniteInsanity as she stepped out of the Wyrmhole.

Ruins of Tal'rin

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tal'rin Village, on a remote planet in the edges of another universe

Bookwyrm exited the Wyrmhole and gazed upon a devastating scene.

Tal'rin Village had been burned to the ground.

Where houses had once stood, there were only mounds of burning wood and rubble. The only building left with some semblance of its former self was the central building, which was nothing more than a frame near collapsing.

Bookwyrm burned Tin. The scent of smoke overwhelmed him, so he brought the tin down to a low burn before checking his senses again.

I don't smell any burning flesh. Either everyone escaped, or they were captured. He turned to @InfiniteInsanity as she stepped out of the Wyrmhole.

Insa looked around and gasped. "No..." She turned to Bookwyrm. "What happened? Who would do this?"

Ruins of Tal'rin

4 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"What happened? Who would do this?

"I don't know." Bookwyrm walked over to one of the houses and picked up some of the ash, placing it in one of his empty vials and tucking it away. "And...as much as I'd like to find out....the Archives should be our priority."

Did I really just say that? Bookwyrm thought to himself. 

Oaths spoken in the past returned to his mind. I will protect those who cannot protect themselves...I accept that I will have to sacrifice in order to protect.

"Then again....maybe we do need to make sure that these people are safe."

Edited by The Bookwyrm

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Then again....maybe we do need to make sure that these people are safe."

Ruins of Tal'rin

Insa crossed her arms. "Well I don't care what you do. But my top priority now is figuring out what happened and making it right." She looked out over the destruction. What could have driven someone to do this? The people had been nothing but kind and respectful even after they watches her harm her friend along with the Gak. They didn't deserve whatever had happened to them. "And nothing anyone says or does is going to stop me."

6 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"And nothing anyone says or does is going to stop me."

Ruins of Tal'rin

Bookwyrm stood up and smiled at Insa.

"That seems like you."

He turned and looked towards the ruins of the central building. 

"I'm guessing that if we find anything, it's going to be there."

Edited by The Bookwyrm

3 hours ago, Telrao said:

Telrao hesitated, contemplating.

Tell me the exact location of the Nethergrim. She held up a paw and drew Aon Aon, the base Aon, and steadied herself. With AonDor, I could probably get to Calano in time.

She glanced at Emma, And why did you say "purrhaps?" are you alright?

The Clinic: Calano's Office

"I don't know Telrao." Emma's head comes to rest against the wall. "I feel fine, yet I feel something...a kind of darkness that I haven't let out in a while." A shiver runs down Emma's spine. "I don't think I can be left alone for a while...it wouldn't be good or healthy to do so."

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I don't know Telrao." Emma's head comes to rest against the wall. "I feel fine, yet I feel something...a kind of darkness that I haven't let out in a while." A shiver runs down Emma's spine. "I don't think I can be left alone for a while...it wouldn't be good or healthy to do so."

Telrao paused, and allowed the Aon to fade. She nudged Emma gently with her forehead, purring.

I think it would be good for us to stick together. She frowned, but what about Calano?

9 hours ago, Telrao said:

Telrao paused, and allowed the Aon to fade. She nudged Emma gently with her forehead, purring.

I think it would be good for us to stick together. She frowned, but what about Calano?

Emma's hand absently scratches Telrao's cheeks. "Calano can protect himself. But perhaps..." Emma's eyes close and concentrating she feels Calano through their bond. His fear and confusion at...feeling her? That can't be right, can it?

23 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Shallan Stormblessed@Shining Silhouette @MysticalShadows @Rabbit Unmade @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @InfiniteInsanity

"All right," Bookwyrm said. "Sorry about the wait." He turned to each of the questers.

"Some of you are very sure of your own power," he said, shooting a glance at Thaidakar as he said so. "Others are still learning, or unsure if you have notable abilities at all. I assure you, your skills will be valuable. You'll learn a lot about yourself.

"We're entering a small town in a remote planet in one of this multiverse's largest universes. Be kind and polite. Ask around for their legends about the Sixth Archive. We'll meet back at the central town hall, which doubles as an inn, at sunset." 

Bookwyrm opened a Wyrmhole and walked through, waiting for the adventurers to follow.

"All right! I'm ready!"

The Clinic: The Basement

The nethergrim looks at Calano with a puzzled expression, completely identical to Emma in every way. "What other form would I wear when this is the body YOU left me. SHE wears her brother's skin. Why else do you think it was so easy for me to arrange his death."

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Ruins of Tal'rin

With @InfiniteInsanity close behind, Bookwyrm began to walk towards the central building. The town was eerily quiet. The sky was uncharacteristically clear. There were no clouds, and the sun shone down. It was near noon.

Something felt wrong. The area outside the town was completely unscathed, but everything within its borders was burnt to a crisp. The low crackling of fires filled his ears.

He continued forward, tense.

Suddenly, an image flashed through his mind, along with a sense of danger. He saw an inconsistent being of smoke and fire cut him to the ground, and the image faded.

Bookwyrm reacted to the vision suddenly, diving to the side as a strange swirling cloud of ashes and embers suddenly appeared and slashed at him. He rolled, and as he stood up, a sword materialized in his hand. Not his Shardblade, but a different weapon. It was made of a black metal and had an intricate blue crossguard that swirled in a strange pattern.

"Get back!" Bookwyrm yelled to Insa as the cloud of smoke and fire materialized into a more solid being. It had a humanoid form, and seemed to be made of stone, but glowed with a deep fire within.

Looks like we found our culprit.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

31 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The nethergrim looks at Calano with a puzzled expression, completely identical to Emma in every way. "What other form would I wear when this is the body YOU left me. SHE wears her brother's skin. Why else do you think it was so easy for me to arrange his death."

@CalanoCorvus

Calano's jaw tensed. He gritted his teeth and said, "I do not care. I have come to you on peaceful terms today. Let's not make this any worse or awkward than it has to be. Please, assume a different form."

Internally the nethergrim sighed. Why do all the fleshy ones have to ruin my fun.

"Very well." The nethergrim distorts and shifts to her natural state. A purplish-black face peaks out from the fog now swirling around Calano. Riding the winds the face stares at Calano, booming. "IS THIS BETTER?"

@CalanoCorvus

The head nods and chuckles. "Of course I know, it was the perfect opportunity. A young naive person looking for a easy solution to her problem, when there was none." The voice drips with sarcasm. "I offered her the solution she was looking for and she couldn't tell the lie I had told her."

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

On 11/14/2022 at 7:57 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

@Shallan Stormblessed@Shining Silhouette @MysticalShadows @Rabbit Unmade @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @InfiniteInsanity

"All right," Bookwyrm said. "Sorry about the wait." He turned to each of the questers.

"Some of you are very sure of your own power," he said, shooting a glance at Thaidakar as he said so. "Others are still learning, or unsure if you have notable abilities at all. I assure you, your skills will be valuable. You'll learn a lot about yourself.

"We're entering a small town in a remote planet in one of this multiverse's largest universes. Be kind and polite. Ask around for their legends about the Sixth Archive. We'll meet back at the central town hall, which doubles as an inn, at sunset." 

Bookwyrm opened a Wyrmhole and walked through, waiting for the adventurers to follow.

Thaidakar walked through and looked around, "huh." He shrunk his laptop into a silvery necklace and put it around his neck.