Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

7 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

Hello. I still want to join, but I have no idea where to start. Some help, please?

Most people are just basically a character with their sharder names.

There's a few plot lines currently

1. There's the one with Insa and Emma, but that one is kinda closed to others joining it since Emma is teaching Insa one on one.

2. There's Thaidakar exploring his mind, which is possible but hard to join, since you would have to be a person stuck in his dreamscape for some reason.

3. There's the archive plot line which is easy to join and is with Calano(Ookla the crow) Bookwyrm(Ookla the perpetual) and Matra(Ookla the shadowed). It would be easy to join here.

4. There's also another plotline in the Tower of Ghenji subplot. 

5. You could RP yourself falling on your face or something and enter the clinic. Wizard would be there since he hasn't been doing anything on screen.

You can choose, basically almost anything will go. The magic systems are really soft. Not much mechanics behind them. Only sometimes.

So just join as Pyro, or Phile, or PyroPhile, or a character with a different name. We're glad to help out.

Just now, PyroPhile said:

I think I’ll try to join the archive plotline.

Oh yeah, just to let you know. We're trying to put the name of the place that you're in, in bold and underline.

You'd have just dropped into: 

Ruins of Tal'rin: Central Cellar

for future reference.

Pyrophile is going to be joining you so go and help him out!

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Perpetual @Ookla the Shadowed

Forest of Tal'rin

"Yes! Exactly like that. Now try to make it solid metal."

The darkness flow over and covers Emma, turning into a solid set of pure black, demonic looking armor.

"When you can manage to form your own armor, it will look different for you. Each person's armor reflects their power and so each is unique."

@InfiniteInsanity

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

8 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa pulled from the electric current that seemed to run through her.  She focused and the sparks wove together to form a glove on her hand. She held out her hand careful not to touch Emma. "Like that?"

Wait am I here? Because Stormy wants to learn to fight. Or get powers. Become useful in any way, basically.

2 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

@Ookla the Myopic 3000 posts!

I always use my 1,000 posts on the clinic it seems :P

And just for future reference, summoning people in quotes or spoiler boxes doesn't work.

Just now, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Wait am I here? Because Stormy wants to learn to fight. Or get powers. Become useful in any way, basically.

If you wandered away from the group because you're feeling useless Emma's forest would let you in.

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

The Sixth Archive

Thaidakar smiled as he opened the door, smelling the books. It was... another archive. Excellent. The long bookshelves practically covered in books was a pleasant sight to him. Gloppy walked past Thaidakar and kicked one of the shelves, it started to topple. Thaidakar rushed up and kept it in place, "don't do that, Gloppy! I want to keep this information!" Gloppy nodded, sad, "but I want to!" 

"Just don't, Gloppy. Maybe sometime, but not yet." said Thaidakar, walking along and looking at the shelves. He took out a book and started to flip through it.

Forest of Tal'rin... I think

Stormy sighed. Somehow she'd found herself completely alone. She wandered into a nearby forest, hearing shouts and clacks that sounded familiar. 

She found Insa and Emma sparring, and she smiled. "Can I learn to fight, too?" she asked. "That way, I can actually be useful in life?"

Is that how that happens?

Edited by Ookla the Pencil Taxi

1 minute ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Is that how that happens?

That works! Though they stopped fighting and started working magic. I can work with it

Forest of Tal'rin

The forest warns Emma and she retracts the helm, putting it under one arm as she turns to see Stormy wander in.

"You can feel free to join us. We're working magic currently. Do you know if you have any magic?"

@Ookla the Pencil Taxi

Forest of Tal'rin

"Good! How's your energy doing? It takes quite a bit of energy to make armor, especially when you're first learning. Your capacity for magic will increase the more you use it, the more you will be able to do."

@InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Pencil Taxi

The Archive

Thaidakar walked around the massive place, keeping track and looking for a catalog. As he walked, Gloopy was settled over a chair. Not on a chair, over one. It had turned into a pile of shadows and had covered the chair. A bizarre thought struck Thaidakar, Who am I? He thought for a minute, reaching for the answer. Who was he? Was he just a soulless? Maybe, what about a staff in the Clinic? Could that be who he was? Soulless staff? That didn't sound right... Maybe you're destined for greatness... an heir who's ignored his potential for long... perhaps the ignorance can end... perhaps he can- Thaidakar silenced the nasal voice speaking in his mind. He would not do anything it said. Whatever he was, he wasn't a person who did what creepy voices in his mind told him to do. 

He continued walking close to the walls, observing the shelves as he went. The walls were made of black, crystal looking bricks with occasional metallic white bricks with glyphs on them. Thaidakar took notice of several tapestries on the walls, depicting different battles and ancient scholars or kings. Something caught his eye and he stopped, it was a massive glowing white suit of armor. It had black glyphs covering various parts of it, a red aura coming off of these like a powerful scent. Thaidakar walked towards it, it glowed hotter and brighter. Thaidakar backed away a step, what? The metal reflected his image, showing himself as he was. As soon as he thought that, however, it shifted. It showed himself, but how the thing would have him. Darker, paler, more powerful, handsome, evil... His eyes glowed in the reflection and the reflection moved slightly. Thaidakar blinked, tilting his head. Something punched him in the shoulder, flinging him across the room and into a shelf. Thaidakar hit with a small slap, "ouch..."

He stood up, the suit of armor moved towards him, something gleaming in one of its gauntleted fists. The fist opened and something sharp flew at Thaidakar. He caught the hilt just in time, stopping the glowing dagger from going into his brain. Goosebumps climbed down Thaidakar's spine. It was the same sort of dagger as the chicken priests had had. It gleamed dangerously, loud whispers seeming to come from the books, knife and floor. The knife pulsed quickly, burning Thaidakar's palm as it tried to come forward. Thaidakar's hand was greased with sweat as he held it back. It started to heat up and Thaidakar yelled. The armor jumped towards Thaidakar, drawing a massive creamy white sword from a sheath at its side. It had red glyphs on it too, the same as on the dagger. The dagger started to push further and Thaidakar gritted his teeth, something glowing red. The dagger started to crumple in Thaidakar's palm. Shadows flickered nearby as Thaidakar stood up, adjusting his glasses. The armor was frozen in place, sword just inches away from Thaidakar's head. The whispers were faster now, more excited. He couldn't make out any of the words except one, "destiny..." He shivered as he noticed where the red light was coming from.

A voice whispered, "You are mine, Thaidakar..."