Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 12/13/2022 at 11:47 AM, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal'rin

"I'm listening."

@Ookla the Myopic

On 12/13/2022 at 0:04 PM, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Forest of Tal'rin

"Okay... I'll listen. I'm here!" Stormy says.

@Ookla the Myopic

On 12/13/2022 at 0:37 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa nodded slightly. "Okay then tell us."

@Ookla the Myopic

I'm getting a bunch of kids eager for a story vibe here

Forest of Tal'rin

"Alright then."

Emma settles down on the grass, her sword falling to mist and she gestures for the others to do the same.

"My story begins with my birth I suppose. I was born in a cabin in the woods on the world Kurin. I wasn't the only one, Wizard and I are twins. Born on the same day, a day of prophecy, the sun was eclipsed by all our ten moons at once. I was told that darkness reigned as soon as I was born. That the sky darkened and all the moons covered the sun. Then Wizard was born ten minutes later and light returned to the sky."

She shrugs, "all I know is that I was born with a connection to the Kaos, a anomaly. Wizard was more normal, born with a connection to the cat god of light he always loved cats. Often times he would go into the woods and a whole pack of Jaguars would follow him home."

She laughs, "it was a hectic time. Though I have mostly good memories of times with Wizard. Times where the darkness receeded and neither of us felt pushed one way or the other. Wizard though, he never really minded being pushed towards the light. Eventually I became friends with Layra and Calano, two normal children of our parent's scientist partners."

A dreamy look enters her face, "we thought we had it all. I had the best friend ever in Layra. Calano was a really good friend to Wizard and kind to me when I was nervous around him."

Sorrow re-enters her expression, "it was perfect until the darkness called to me. I couldn't resist, I didn't even know how! I eventually came to after having tried to walk outside into the darkness. From there it just got worse. My parents began researching anything they could find to help me contain my powers and dillute my connection to the Kaos."

A bitter laugh escapes Emma, "but they could only find one dark ritual. It would strip away a part of my connection and seal it in an object. The catch was that they had to be very close to me, otherwise it wouldn't work. So I snuck away with Layra before my mom could try it and only get herself killed. I knew that the only way it would work was with Layra. So we reached the cave where I was constantly being pulled. For we had to enter a place of ancient power. My power began to manistest more and the mass of bones in the cave began to reanimate."

A choked sob reaches her throat and tears begin to silently slide down her cheeks.

"Layra forced me to start the ritual and when it was done. I was back in my bed, the last memory of Layra pleading with me to do it slowly fading from my brain. It was the same everywhere. Everyone forgot that Layra had ever existed. And the undead ravaged the town, nearly unkillable, but not the kind that convert others. I was the one who caused the Scourge of Kurin. The Scourge that forced our parents to put me, Calano, and Wizard in the clinic, a universe that they had created for us to be safe. Until I found the Nethergrim and became the Speakk, but that's for another time."

@InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Ta'veren @Ookla the Pencil Taxi @Ookla the Floofy

On 12/13/2022 at 0:36 PM, Ookla the platypus said:

????

"Hello? Anybody here? Emma sent me."

@Ookla the Myopic

The Clinic: A secluded room

A voice eminates from behind the platypus.

"It smells like she sent you."

@Ookla the platypus

When he turns around, there is a massive white tiger behind him. One that snuck up on him, very quickly and silently. It's Wizard but Platypus wouldn't know that.

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Wizard, just an fyi, 'tis spelled Scourge. Scourage ain't a word mate. But I loved reading your backstory. i know i already know it all but i loved it. good explanation of it all.

'Tis fixed and so is my tiredness, mostly

Well you don't know it all :ph34r:

17 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

A voice eminates from behind the platypus.

"It smells like she sent you."

When he turns around, there is a massive white tiger behind him. One that snuck up on him, very quickly and silently. It's Wizard but Platypus wouldn't know that.

I saw the thing about not having Narrationblades. Thanks. I figured as much, but i like to confirm. I'll come up with a different blade and edit the original post.

"What do you mean, smells? No human, or many other beasts, have that kind of smell."

Platypus turns around and sees a white tiger.

"Oh, I see," he says calmly. "You're not quite human. And no, I'm not scared of you, if you tried, you'd find it rather difficult to kill me. I'm sure you could do it, but it wouldn't be easy. Plus I kinda trust Emma, she probably wouldn't send me here to die. She said that you could train me in what I like to call, The Art of the Blade. Will you?"

@Ookla the Myopic

17 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa sat stunned. She didn't know what to say.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal'rin

"Wow," Rue says, after a long silence. "I...uh...I'm so sorry..." It's clear she isn't used to apologizing. 

@Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

Shaking her head to refocus on the present, Emma rises from the ground.

@Ookla the Pencil Taxi @Ookla the Ta'veren @InfiniteInsanity

"It's fine Rue. You're not the first one to assume that I choose to be evil. Considering the color scheme of my powers, it's not something that I can change."

23 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

"What do you mean, smells? No human, or many other beasts, have that kind of smell."

Platypus turns around and sees a white tiger.

"Oh, I see," he says calmly. "You're not quite human. And no, I'm not scared of you, if you tried, you'd find it rather difficult to kill me. I'm sure you could do it, but it wouldn't be easy. Plus I kinda trust Emma, she probably wouldn't send me here to die. She said that you could train me in what I like to call, The Art of the Blade. Will you?"

@Ookla the Myopic

The tiger raises an eyebrow.

"Why would I want to kill you, little platypus? I'm dead and I have no need to eat anymore."

@Ookla the platypus

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

The tiger raises an eyebrow.

"Why would I want to kill you, little platypus? I'm dead and I have no need to eat anymore."

@Ookla the platypus

"I didn't know tigers could do human expressions. Also, being dead sounds useful. But I digress. Will you train me in the sword?"

@Ookla the Myopic

37 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa followed Emma's movement with her eyes. "Emma? This is really really random and I promise I was listening, but do you think I could make a dagger the same way I made the sword?"

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal’rin

“Wait. Other weapons have been an option this whole time?! Can I please use literally anything except a sword?”

@Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

"Yes you can. It's just easiest to teach basic combat skills with a sword. But yes if you want you can manifest it as something else. Though it takes more skill and practice to change the shape and form more than one. It's the way that the power likes to coalesce. Like this!"

Emma dismisses her sword and summons a dagger, which splits into two, then to four and very quickly into a thousand magical daggers.

"However it took me centuries of practice to summon a thousand. You could probably manage at least two, though the larger the object the more concentration and energy it takes."

@Ookla the Ta'veren @Ookla the Pencil Taxi @InfiniteInsanity

2 hours ago, Ookla the platypus said:

"I didn't know tigers could do human expressions. Also, being dead sounds useful. But I digress. Will you train me in the sword?"

@Ookla the Myopic

"Being dead is not quite useful. I could show you that if you wish?"

His claws scrape against each other, gratting painfully.

"I could possibly teach you, there is maybe one way. Since human form is denied to me now."

@Ookla the platypus

Just now, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal’rin

“I hate swords. I want a bow. Can I have a bow? And arrows please?”

@Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

Emma chuckled, "if you want them than you can try to make them, with arrows. Well, you'll have to constantly be making more and focusing on them. It will take time, so for now manifest the bow and you can practice with these normal arrows."

Emma reaches into her personal void and pulls out a quiver full of arrows and hands them to Rue.