Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

The Clinic: A secluded room

"Being dead is not quite useful. I could show you that if you wish?"

His claws scrape against each other, gratting painfully.

"I could possibly teach you, there is maybe one way. Since human form is denied to me now."

"What is this way you speak of? And I would prefer to stay alive."

@Ookla the Myopic

Just now, Ookla the Perpetual said:

"The number you need should be 6.020983."

Insanity Clinic: Library

"That seems to be it. "

Pyro continues to work a few more expressions, nearly filling up his chalkboard in the process, then writes down several values and circles them.

"These are the numbers you're looking for, if I did my math correctly."

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

"I don't want to not learn how to use a sword but I just want a dagger." Insa forms a dagger with her sparks and then solidifies it.

@Ookla the Myopic

1 hour ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal'rin

"Sweet," Rue says, and a tall black bow appears. She takes the arrows. "Will these affect the dummies?"

@Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

"Sure just shoot at the ones over there."

Emma waves her hand and a bunch of dummies pop up out of the ground at various distances. Some even have armor on their heads.

Leaving Rue to the dummies Emma walks over to Insa.

"Why do you want a dagger? Just curious."

@InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Ta'veren

1 hour ago, Ookla the platypus said:

"What is this way you speak of? And I would prefer to stay alive."

@Ookla the Myopic

"Well, if you really want to learn I will do it. Confusing and dangerous as it may be.

@Ookla the platypus

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

"Well, if you really want to learn I will do it. Confusing and dangerous as it may be.

"Why would it be confusing? I can understand dangerous, but confusing?"

@Ookla the Myopic

Edited by Ookla the platypus

5 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

"Why would it be confusing? I can understand dangerous, but confusing?"

@Ookla the Myopic

The Clinic A secluded room

"Because of this."

The tiger moves back a few paces and then charges at Platypus, mouth gaping, teeth going to close around Platypus's head. Darkness surrounds Platypus until he falls onto a fluffy white cloud.

@Ookla the platypus

He's now in a realm, where basically the floor is white clouds on a grey sky.

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa shrugged. "I don't know. I've always just kind of wanted one." She looked at it. "I guess my main reasoning for it was so that if someone was close and tried to hit me or something like that, then I could maybe get them to not." Her voice progressively gets quieter. 

@Ookla the Myopic

17 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

???

"What the heck? I guess that was pretty confusing."

He looks around. 

"I wonder where I am. Will the tiger come here too?"

@Ookla the Myopic

The realm of the tiger 

"Not in the form you are expecting."

A young man in his early twenties appears infront of Platypus. His skin is a bronze tan color and his smile seems to be trying to outshine the sun.

"I am Wizard, Emma's twin and this is mostly what I used to look like before I died. So you want to learn the sword eh?"

@Ookla the platypus

15 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa shrugged. "I don't know. I've always just kind of wanted one." She looked at it. "I guess my main reasoning for it was so that if someone was close and tried to hit me or something like that, then I could maybe get them to not." Her voice progressively gets quieter. 

@Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

Emma reaches over and gives Insa a hug.

"You don't have to talk about your past if you don't want to.

Tears begin rolling down Emma's cheeks, "but I am here for you and what ever happened in the past. I am going to train you so it never happens again!"

@InfiniteInsanity

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

Just now, Ookla the Myopic said:

The realm of the tiger 

"Not in the form you are expecting."

A young man in his early twenties appears infront of Platypus. His skin is a bronze tan color and his smile seems to be trying to outshine the sun.

"I am Wizard, Emma's twin and this is mostly what I used to look like before I died. So you want to learn the sword eh?"

@Ookla the platypus

"Yes I would. You look very good for being dead by the way."

Just now, Ookla the platypus said:

"Yes I would. You look very good for being dead by the way."

The realm of the Tiger

"This is just my spirit. I am very dead, but the tiger guardian of the clinic took in my body and basically fused my soul with it. Making me the newest Tiger, but I digress."

A pure white sword with a hilt of black stripes falls into his hands.

"This is your first lesson, land a single hit on me. You may now begin."

@Ookla the platypus

The realm of the Tiger

"Okay."

A dark Blade with white, red, and light blue spots forms in his hand.

"Just be warned, Cosmosblades are quite dangerous to all except the wielder."

Platypus falls into a stance he calls Battlestance. He steps forward cautiously and circles Wizard. Then he suddenly lunges.

@Ookla the Myopic

1 minute ago, Ookla the platypus said:

"Just be warned, Cosmosblades are quite dangerous to all except the wielder."

The realm of the Tiger

"I could probably eat it. I ate a chicken's ritual knife to save my best friend. It did kill me though-"

1 minute ago, Ookla the platypus said:

Platypus falls into a stance he calls Battlestance. He steps forward cautiously and circles Wizard. Then he suddenly lunges.

But Wizard wasn't there anymore, he was on the right of Platypus. Wizard's sword lightly touches Platypus on his side, barely not drawing blood.

Wizard's mouth begins moving but his eyes never leave Platypus and his sword.

"In battle one must be fluid and quick, never staying in one place for too long. The longer you stay still the longer you are dead."

@Ookla the platypus

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa lets Emma hug her for a little bit and then she pushes away slightly. "I...." She wants to tell Emma what happened but she can't get the words out. "...should probably train some more." 

@Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

Emma smiles kindly at Insa, "you can go whack some more dummies if that will make you feel better."

Time, that's all I need to give her is time. Purrhaps you'd like to help next time Telrao?

Emma chuckles quietly to herself over her pun.

@InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Floofy

Just now, Ookla the Myopic said:

The realm of the Tiger

"I could probably eat it. I ate a chicken's ritual knife to save my best friend. It did kill me though-"

The realm of the Tiger

"You probably could eat it. It would definitely kill you though."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

But Wizard wasn't there anymore, he was on the right of Platypus. Wizard's sword lightly touches Platypus on his side, barely not drawing blood.

Wizard's mouth begins moving but his eyes never leave Platypus and his sword.

"In battle one must be fluid and quick, never staying in one place for too long. The longer you stay still the longer you are dead.

"How did you get there? I didn't see you move! And I'm plenty fluid!"

Platypus takes a calming breath.

*muttering to himself* "fluid. quick. longer stay still, longer dead."

He strikes again changing forms into Powerstance.

@Ookla the Myopic

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa got up and started attacking the dummies and sorting through memories. Looking for a reason. There had to be a reason, something she had done. But she couldn't remember. She kept fighting her way through the dummies bits of pieces of memories coming back.

There was only one dummy left and suddenly she could remember everything. She dropped her sword panting. She stabbed the last dummy with her dagger.

Sticks and stones may break my bone but words will never hurt me. What a stupid lie.

50 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

The realm of the Tiger

"You probably could eat it. It would definitely kill you though."

"How did you get there? I didn't see you move! And I'm plenty fluid!"

Platypus takes a calming breath.

*muttering to himself* "fluid. quick. longer stay still, longer dead."

He strikes again changing forms into Powerstance.

@Ookla the Myopic

The realm of the Tiger

Wizard moves with blinding speed, swaying out of the way of the sword strike. The flat of his own blade raps Platypus on his head.

"Hmmm."

@Ookla the platypus

Forest of Tal'rin

Rue shoots some dummies. I'm not as good as I used to be, she thinks. It doesn't matter. Even at her peak, the dummies would have been nearly impossible. And now...it doesn't take long for them to close in, making her bow useless. She falls to the ground. 

After several more attempts, she's mad. She wants to kill something, which is ironic, as that's exactly what she's struggling to do. Every time, she thinks. I fail every time. I am so tired of failing. But she stands up to try again, listening to a voice deep within her.

@Ookla the Myopic

1 minute ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Rue shoots some dummies. I'm not as good as I used to be, she thinks. It doesn't matter. Even at her peak, the dummies would have been nearly impossible. And now...it doesn't take long for them to close in, making her bow useless. She falls to the ground. 

After several more attempts, she's mad. She wants to kill something, which is ironic, as that's exactly what she's struggling to do. Every time, she thinks. I fail every time. I am so tired of failing. But she stands up to try again, listening to a voice deep within her.

@Ookla the Myopic

Two things

One did you summon me to be the voice, I doubt it.

And two the dummies were stationary targets :P, but having them move towards her is fine. It'll teach her to eventually accept to learn the sword.

The Clinic

Something moved.

Jimmy Thunder looked up from the magazine he'd been reading on his comfy chair in his living room. He had a large apartment in the building. What was that? He looked around wildly, something was here besides him... Something told him it wasn't some sort of being like Shadow. Annoying, yet somewhat helpful. The lamp on his coffee table flickered, like a pulse going out. "This... this is unnerving."

That was just when he noticed his shadow pointed the wrong way. He cursed, stumbling back. The shadow didn't move with him and checked behind him, his normal one was there. "Okay, something freaky is going on..." Jimmy walked out of the door, peeking at the weird shadow on the floor and then left. He walked down the hallway and smiled, he hoped- the shadow was back right in front of him. Great. 

Something grabbed his foot and he tripped. Jimmy fell on the shadow, it felt goopy... Some sort of red aura seemed to emanate from it, an evil aura. Jimmy tried to get up, but the shadow seemed to stick to him, pulling him down. He shouted for help, but the shadow covered him, pulling him into the floor. He sank into the shadow, making a ploop noise. A shadowy version of Jimmy stepped out of the goo, an illusion covered it and it appeared just as Jimmy had. It smiled eerily then made an expression much like Jimmy would have. It strolled along as if nothing had happened.

mmm...

fyi, this only works because Jimmy doesn't have any powers besides good food making skills.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood
accidentally used a spoiler box instead of a quote one

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Forest of Tal'rin

Insa got up and started attacking the dummies and sorting through memories. Looking for a reason. There had to be a reason, something she had done. But she couldn't remember. She kept fighting her way through the dummies bits of pieces of memories coming back.

There was only one dummy left and suddenly she could remember everything. She dropped her sword panting. She stabbed the last dummy with her dagger.

Sticks and stones may break my bone but words will never hurt me. What a stupid lie.

Forest of Tal'rin

Emma drops from a nearby tree.

"It seems that you are ready for a real opponent."

A grin spreads over Emma's face and just for one second it seems twisted and dark. Her sword falls into her waiting hands, the blade now a dark, murky grey.

"Come at me and let us see what you have learned!"

@InfiniteInsanity