Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

12 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

The realm of the Tiger

As the sword flashes down towards Wizard, his own blade flashes up, intercepting and blocking Platypus's strike.

"Good you know one end of the sword from another."

@Ookla the platypus

The realm of the Tiger

"Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't be trying to learn." Platypus suddenly laughs. "I just thought about how weird this is. A platypus and a... ghost? spirit? soul? training with swords in a realm that you access by getting eaten by a giant tiger."

@Ookla the Myopic

Insanity Clinic: Library

Bookwyrm nodded to Calano and sent his mind to the stormy planet. He was able to slip through Insa's breach in the clouds and solidify his grasp on the coordinates. Then he opened a Wyrmhole.

"Let's go."

The Planet Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Bookwyrm stepped out of the Wyrmhole and into a circular room made of stone. There were no doors or windows visible. The walls and ceiling were carved with runes that ran all the way around the perimeter. In the center, there was a stone pillar about four feet in height. At the top of it was a white crystal. Encarved in the stone pillar were a series of runes.

"Use my power to enter the Dream," Bookwyrm read aloud. "What could that mean?"

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Myopic @InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Shadowed

1 hour ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Bookwyrm nodded to Calano and sent his mind to the stormy planet. He was able to slip through Insa's breach in the clouds and solidify his grasp on the coordinates. Then he opened a Wyrmhole.

"Let's go."

The Planet Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Bookwyrm stepped out of the Wyrmhole and into a circular room made of stone. There were no doors or windows visible. The walls and ceiling were carved with runes that ran all the way around the perimeter. In the center, there was a stone pillar about four feet in height. At the top of it was a white crystal. Encarved in the stone pillar were a series of runes.

"Use my power to enter the Dream," Bookwyrm read aloud. "What could that mean?"

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Myopic @InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Shadowed

Proposition: do you want to control most dangers and I control Kaos dangers?

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Emma walks through the portal and goes to stand over by Calano, staring down at the riddle.

"Is it what I think it is?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Is it too late to join and go with...?

No, it never is.

3 hours ago, Ookla the platypus said:

The realm of the Tiger

"Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't be trying to learn." Platypus suddenly laughs. "I just thought about how weird this is. A platypus and a... ghost? spirit? soul? training with swords in a realm that you access by getting eaten by a giant tiger."

@Ookla the Myopic

The realm of the Tiger

"Believe it or not a very similar thing happened to Link once. He was a good fellow and so were each of his descendants."

@Ookla the platypus

So you want to be the next Link :P

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

1 hour ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Emma walks through the portal and goes to stand over by Calano, staring down at the riddle.

"Is it what I think it is?"

"I think I just..." Bookwyrm reached out and touched the crystal with his mind, filling it with energy.

It flashed brightly.

Then Bookwyrm collapsed to the ground, asleep.

The Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway

Bookwyrm looked around the place he had suddenly found himself.

Ah...I see.

I'm going to go re-read Thaidakar's posts so I know how to describe this place.

EDIT:

First, the field with the black stones.

Then a stairway.

Then a long hallway.

Then the archive.

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual

Insa carefully stepped through the wyrmhole.

Insa stopped tunnelling energy through the storm. Dizziness overcame her and she almost fell over. She leaned up against the wall to steady herself. She looked around and saw Bookwyrm on the ground. "What happened?"

4 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

The realm of the Tiger

"Believe it or not a very similar thing happened to Link once. He was a good fellow and so were each of his descendants."

@Ookla the platypus

The realm of the Tiger

"It did? When did that happen?"

@Ookla the Myopic

I haven't played any Zelda games if that's what you're referring to.

22 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

The realm of the Tiger

"It did? When did that happen?"

@Ookla the Myopic

The realm of the Tiger

A distant looks enters Wizard's eyes.

"It has been far too many years for me to count. And far too many friends have died for me to remember the exact date."

@Ookla the platypus

17 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

I haven't played any Zelda games if that's what you're referring to.

Yes that is what I am refering to as in Twilight princess, if while a wolf, you howl next to a stone with a hole through it, very distinct. Then you basically spawn a golden wolf in a location that will jump at Link and it will jump with it's mouth open and the screen will go white, just as it's teeth touch link's head or his spirit. Then you enter an area like this \/

Hero's Spirit - Zelda Wiki

And he teaches Link the extra secrets of fighting.

4 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa carefully stepped through the wyrmhole.

Insa stopped tunnelling energy through the storm. Dizziness overcame her and she almost fell over. She leaned up against the wall to steady herself. She looked around and saw Bookwyrm on the ground. "What happened?"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

Rue eyes the wyrmhole suspiciously, then shrugs and follows Insa. 

Rue shakes her head, trying to clear the fog and dizziness. “Where are we now?”

"Bookwyrm entered the dreamscape in this land. I'll stay out to protect the bodies of those that go in."

Emma moves over to a tree and sits in a way that seems to encourage the others to leave, but really she just wants at least one person to stay to talk to.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Ta'veren @Ookla the Pencil Taxi @Ookla the Shadowed @InfiniteInsanity @Ookla the Debonair

And yes, I know that Silhouette is inactive, but I think that he'll appreciate the ping to join in a couple days if he wants to. So I'll keep on occasionally pinging him, probably only once or twice a day. Or just this once.

Matra took a deep breath, then jumped into the wyrmhole.

Matra ran up to the rest of the group. Bookwyrm was lying prone on the floor, so Matra ran over to him. “Are you o-“

Then she spotted the pillar. Use my power to enter the Dream.

The Land of Dreams, from the rhyme.

From the distant reaches of her memory, she recalled something. Something about a realm within a person’s mind while they slept - a Dreamscape?

In a flash, everything came together in her head. She gasped.

Turning to Emma, she asked quietly, “Is Bookwyrm in a Dreamscape, looking for the Archive? And if he is, can I join him?”

11 hours ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Turning to Emma, she asked quietly, “Is Bookwyrm in a Dreamscape, looking for the Archive? And if he is, can I join him?”

"Yes it is. You can follow if you know how. Your body will be safe under my protection.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Calano reached down to join everyone, then noticed Matra speaking quietly to Emma. He walked over to them, sitting down next to Emma.

"Are you planning on coming?" He asked softly, taking Emma's hand.

@Ookla the Myopic

Emma sits down next to Calano and responds with the same quiet volume.

"No, I'll protect your bodies out here. Since Bookwyrm left his and others are going to follow. Besides, I would probably use too much of my power down there."

Calano took Emma's head in his hands and kissed her forehead. "I love you. Be safe, and keep us safe. If you need me, send me a quick thought message," He said, then stood.

He walked to the stone, took a deep breath, and placed his hand on it. He fell asleep, falling softly to the ground.

And at the same time, he woke up.

Calano opened his eyes, looking around. He stood in a wide field full of black stones. Everyone else was around him.

"This place is different from other dreamscapes," He said.

@Ookla the Perpetual

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Calano opened his eyes, looking around. He stood in a wide field full of black stones. Everyone else was around him.

"This place is different from other dreamscapes," He said.

@Ookla the Perpetual

"I've been in dream-like spaces before, but nothing like the Dreamscapes of these universes," Bookwyrm said, looking around. "How is it different?"

Bookwyrm felt the consciousnesses connected to his mind observe the space. Beings he had bonded with; three in particular. Two dragons, and his Honorspren. They were his close friends, but had lay dormant in his soul since he had entered the clinic, sleeping, and waiting.

An instinct told him that he might need their help in the future, though. They were ready to take a physical form the moment he needed them to.

@Ookla the Shadowed

I think right now it's just the three of us, if everyone else wants to stay back with Emma.

"For starters, this isn't someone's mind," Calano said, "Not as far as I can tell, at least. Usually, it's a city, or something where it makes more sense, like a reality. But this... this feels barren. Cold. Sterile. I don't like it. But it's probably neccesary."

@Ookla the Perpetual

Matra shivered. “This place is… unnatural.” She passed her eyes across the entire landscape, searching for any signs of life, anything to break the eerie calm, but it was just those black, black stones, as far as the eye could see.

”So where is the Archive meant to be?”

Matra is in the dreamscape, right?

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Perpetual