Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Emma's hand falls back to her side, still crackling with lightning.

"Sorry, but also not. I needed to release the power the emotions were generating. All the lightning did was arc into the sky."

Emma stalks away, choosing to sit in the middle of the group of sleeping people, lightning still sparking across her palms.

@InfiniteInsanity @Aes Sedai

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway

Calano looked at Bookwyrm, who had stopped, his sphere of Nightfire glowing softly.

He looked around, and his thoughts turned to his wife. As his thoughts turned there, the stairwell seemed to darken further than it was before.

Panic spiked through him, but only for a second.

"This stairwell messes with people, I think." He said.

@The Bookwyrm @Shadowed

Rue nods, taking a breath to calm herself. She shouldn’t have gotten so emotional. It was a mistake she needed to stop making. “Right,” she said, trying to calm the mood. “How long will they take?”

@The Wandering Wizard @InfiniteInsanity

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano looked at Bookwyrm, who had stopped, his sphere of Nightfire glowing softly.

He looked around, and his thoughts turned to his wife. As his thoughts turned there, the stairwell seemed to darken further than it was before.

Panic spiked through him, but only for a second.

"This stairwell messes with people, I think." He said.

@The Bookwyrm @Shadowed

“Right, that must be it.” Matra nodded emphatically, desperate to find something concrete to cling onto in this darkness. “There’s something magical at play, and it’s bringing out our worst memories and fears. But I’ve never known a simple spell to do something as complex as that…” She glanced around suddenly. “Do you think someone is near, maintaining it?”

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway, Stairwell

"I'm.. not sure. I don't think it's someone, probably something, but I don't know what or where. And, it's not as complex as you think. It's quite simple to make people think of their worst fears." Calano said, reaching out in the darkness, only speaking to assure himself this was real.

"We need to keep going," He said, "This is probably a safeguard to the Archive.

@The Bookwyrm @Shadowed

Insa nodded slowly. Looking at Rue she said "I don't know when they'll be done." 

Insa looked at the sleeping people. Her gaze settled on Bookwyrm and a fresh bout of confusion washed over her. 

Why did I recognize him? I don't remember him. Not anything before the clinic.

"But I hope its soon. I have some questions to ask someone."

On 12/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus looks slightly embarrassed.

"Sorry. I get excited easily. Still really cool. How do we start?"

The realm of the Tiger

"First we start with the water stance. Liquid, flowing, always moving. Connecting one strike into another strike, always keeping them fluid."

Wizard's sword changes into a quarterstaff, and as he moves, he seems to dance. Constantly moving the staff, always responding to the lightest stimulus. 

He fights with the very air, fighting against the friction, moving, always moving. Until it clicks and he moves even faster, a aura of vapor seems to surround him as he moves. Never stopping, never quiting, a constant stream of pressure.

And then he stops.

"That Kata is known as the way of the water. It is the easiest way I have found to teach water form."

Sorry about this being so late, I've been tired and I forgot about this.

7 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The realm of the Tiger

"First we start with the water stance. Liquid, flowing, always moving. Connecting one strike into another strike, always keeping them fluid."

Wizard's sword changes into a quarterstaff, and as he moves, he seems to dance. Constantly moving the staff, always responding to the lightest stimulus. 

He fights with the very air, fighting against the friction, moving, always moving. Until it clicks and he moves even faster, a aura of vapor seems to surround him as he moves. Never stopping, never quiting, a constant stream of pressure.

And then he stops.

"That Kata is known as the way of the water. It is the easiest way I have found to teach water form."

Sorry about this being so late, I've been tired and I forgot about this.

That's fine, I've been busy and probably couldn't have responded until about now anyway.

The realm of the Tiger

"Do I need to use a staff for this or is it just what you chose to do?"

He lets his Blade disappear and begins moving without the weapon to focus on. Instead of fighting the air like Wizard, he seems to flow with it. The air seems to move out of his way as he dances through the space, summoning his Blade in the process. He begins to slip through the realm, an air of peace in his eyes as he moves through everything in his way. No aura of vapor forms, but the air starts flowing alongside him, propelling him and pushing him beyond what he can normally do. He ends with a spin and slashes through an imaginary foe before looking up.

"How did I do? Was that it?" Platypus asks Wizard, breathing hard.

@The Wandering Wizard

I was using fighting the air as a description of the fact that he was moving at normal speed until he broke it :P

And FYI I was have Wizard respond before Platypus started and then he is watching as Platypus moves through it. Not God moding your character, just reacting in time with Platypus's movements and actions.

The realm of the Tiger

"The quarterstaff is my weapon of choice for this form, though any weapon that helps you keep on flowing through the movements is good."

Wizard appraises Platypus as he moves through the movements.

"Good, you did very good for your first time doing it!"

@Being of Cacophony

On 12/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway, Stairwell

"I'm.. not sure. I don't think it's someone, probably something, but I don't know what or where. And, it's not as complex as you think. It's quite simple to make people think of their worst fears." Calano said, reaching out in the darkness, only speaking to assure himself this was real.

"We need to keep going," He said, "This is probably a safeguard to the Archive.

@The Bookwyrm @Shadowed

Bookwyrm nodded and continued down into the depths.

When they reached the bottom of the stairwell, Bookwyrm found an entrance into a long wide hallway.

"I'm guessing," he said, "That the archive is at the end of this."

@Shadowed

14 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I was using fighting the air as a description of the fact that he was moving at normal speed until he broke it :P

And FYI I was have Wizard respond before Platypus started and then he is watching as Platypus moves through it. Not God moding your character, just reacting in time with Platypus's movements and actions.

The realm of the Tiger

"The quarterstaff is my weapon of choice for this form, though any weapon that helps you keep on flowing through the movements is good."

Wizard appraises Platypus as he moves through the movements.

"Good, you did very good for your first time doing it!"

@Being of Cacophony

fair enough.

That's kind of what I was planning on, I just forgot to tell you that :P

The realm of the Tiger

"Thank you, I feel like that one will be the easiest for me, I'm semi-aquatic so I'm kind of used to this. The others I won't perform as well, I feel."

Platypus allows his Blade to change into a shortsword instead of his usual lengthy sword and begins the routine again. This time, however, he is fighting the air. He moves as though he is surrounded by enemies devoted to killing him, swiping, lunging, and rolling away. His sword morphs into a short dagger as water vapor collects around him into humanoid shapes that he fights all while dancing around them. He speeds up as he moves around the warriors. His dagger changes into his typical Blade as he deals death blows to the water figures. The blade dissolves and collects back into a staff as he dodges a fist, then he blocks two swords on his staff and moves on, hitting the figures as he moves. His staff reconfigures into a crushing mace as he charges into the midst of them, smashing and defeating. He slows down slightly at the heavier weapon, but as the vapor figures lessen, his mace returns to it's normal Blade form and he speeds up to a blur to almost anyone's eyes (maybe Wizard can see him, I don't know how good his eyesight is and I don't want to God mod), then he parries a thrust, swipes his sword in a circle, then disarms the last of the shapes and it dissolves into a puddle. Platypus' eyes refocus and he realizes that he accidentally covered both him and Wizard in water.

"Oops. I guess that's what happens when you fight a bunch of water warriors. That felt... invigorating. Like there was nothing that could stop me. Like I was coming awake for the first time in my entire life. I still feel awake, but I'm slipping back to what I've been for the rest of my life. I guess drowsy is the best word. Slow, unthinking. It almost felt like I was moving fast enough that I could've hit you. I probably couldn't have, but it felt like I could." Platypus says.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by Being of Cacophony

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

When they reached the bottom of the stairwell, Bookwyrm found an entrance into a long wide hallway.

@Shadowed

"Most likely," Calano responded, "Best we get down as far and as fast as we can."

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Shadowed

“Yeah, let’s hope.” Matra shivered, eager to continue. “Best spend as little time as possible down here.”

Rue nodded. “That works. Sorry, I know swords would be more convenient.” She looked away, but her mask was back a moment later. “What kind of trees are these anyway? I don’t think I’ve ever seen any like them.”

@InfiniteInsanity

Insanity Clinic: Lobby

A gateway splits the air, and after a brief delay Nameless steps through it. He looks defeated and tired as he glances around. "Where is everyone?"

After a brief conversation with a receptionist, Nameless heads to the library, where he brushes past Pyrophile and enters the Wyrmhole.

Nameless steps through the wormhole, noticing Emma, Insa, and a new person he hadn't met before, along with all of those sleeping on the ground. "Hi. I came to see how things were going, and because I'd like to talk to Calano." He glanced at Rue, feeling an odd sort of... familiarity? He extended his hand to her. "I don't think I've met you before. I'm Nameless. What's your name?"

@Aes Sedai @InfiniteInsanity @The Wandering Wizard

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

14 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Insanity Clinic: Lobby

A gateway splits the air, and after a brief delay Nameless steps through it. He looks defeated and tired as he glances around. "Where is everyone?"

After a brief conversation with a receptionist, Nameless heads to the library, where he brushes past Pyrophile and enters the Wyrmhole.

Nameless steps through the wormhole, noticing Emma, Insa, and a new person he hadn't met before, along with all of those sleeping on the ground. "Hi. I came to see how things were going, and because I'd like to talk to Calano." He glanced at Rue, feeling an odd sort of... familiarity? He extended his hand to her. "I don't think I've met you before. I'm Nameless. What's your name?"

@Aes Sedai @InfiniteInsanity @The Wandering Wizard

Just letting you know now. Rue is of the red Ajah, so this interaction will be fun :P

Insa sat down on the ground focusing on making a bow while Nameless introduced himself to Rue. When she finished she looked up at all the trees. Rue was right. The trees weren't ones she had seen before. At least that she could remember. 

Insa stood up, ignoring everyone else and aimed a tree. 

She missed. 

Insa ran and grabbed the arrow and made her way back to Nameless and Rue. "Calano's in a dreamscape. Who knows how long until they're back." Turning to Rue. "Rue I'm absolutely certain that you are most definitely going to win any competition we make up involving bows."

@Aes Sedai @UnfortunatelyNamed @The Wandering Wizard

Rue smiled at Insa. "Thank you." Turning to Nameless, her smile disappeared. Something about him felt...wrong. She seized Saidar. She had a feeling something was about to happen. 

"I'm Rue," She said carefully. "Rue Sedai, of the red Ajah."

@InfiniteInsanity @UnfortunatelyNamed

Edited by Aes Sedai