Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

funny mental things :]

The Kaos won't let her kill herself :P

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

You are not useless, you have been useful to me. You have been gifted this power Layra, USE IT!

Wizard imprints a jumble of sentances and thoughts on Calano as he fights Emma. His forms of light and tiger holding off Emma, revealing what he had become, the guardian, completely and fully.

You must live Calano, don't engage her again. You are the key to her defeat. You don't yet have the power. Find the birth place of the various life Gods. Go. Go! GO!

@CalanoCorvus

Layra is already dead in reality. Dreamscape to reality mechanics causes.... strange things to happen, regardless of Kaos.

NO! The voice shouted back, You shouldn't be here. It is forbidden. You are useless, the power is wasted. End it!

Layra's breathing increases.

Useless... Useless... Useless...

The knife shimmers with Darkness, and Layra plunges it into her neck. Her body puffs into nothing and she returns to the Corrupted Dreamscape to wander as a corrupted part of it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Calano stands, turns on the spot, and vanishes, not bothering to object.

Clinic: Lobby

Calano fell to his knees, breathing hard.

He screamed. A scream to rival the shouts of the Gods, a scream that echoed through the cosmos.

He collapsed to the floor, crying.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by CalanoCorvus

18 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Layra is already dead in reality. Dreamscape to reality mechanics causes.... strange things to happen, regardless of Kaos.

The Kaos did give her a physical body or it can and will after this. It can also do strange things, like shattering the rules of reality and then rewriting them.

I was kind of planning on having her being one of Emma's generals if you want her to be.

18 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano stands, turns on the spot, and vanishes, not bothering to object.

Bro, I can't kill Wizard now like I was planning to :P

"The rest of you all leave now while you can!"

Wizard continues to meet Emma blow for blow. His instincts reacting as fast as hers, negating any advantage either had.

The words will come next, it's always been her way.

"They will all die you know. Corruption or death."

Wizard stands solidly, Emma's strokes rebounding against his.

"That is not the truth, that is the lie of the Kaos. You can not kill us permanently, we will always live on. In story and word, our tales against you will live. Never forgotten, never."

She growls in response, returning all of her focus to her deadly strokes.

She is quite good, and has improved. I'll give her that, though quite a bit of that comes from breaking laws through the Kaos. Steady, steady. It's almost time to sheath the sword.

@The Bookwyrm @Aes Sedai @UnfortunatelyNamed @Shining Silhouette

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wizard continues to meet Emma blow for blow. His instincts reacting as fast as hers, negating any advantage either had.

"That is not the truth, that is the lie of the Kaos. You can not kill us permanently, we will always live on. In story and word, our tales against you will live. Never forgotten, never."

She is quite good, and has improved. I'll give her that, though quite a bit of that comes from breaking laws through the Kaos. Steady, steady. It's almost time to sheath the sword.

Thaidakar felt something in that...

Corruption or death.

Which one would be his, he wondered.

Thaidakar turned, pulling something small out of his pocket. He tapped a button on it and was warped to the clinic.

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

She is quite good, and has improved. I'll give her that, though quite a bit of that comes from breaking laws through the Kaos. Steady, steady. It's almost time to sheath the sword

Joe walked by. "POTTED PLANTS!" he yelled then rushed her and pulled out his sword.

He dashed to Emma and swung. "I WILL KILL YOU PLANTY"

Emma casually drops her shield and blasts Joe in the chest with a bolt of corruption, flinging him backwards.

Wizard's sword flicks up in that instant and nicks her cheek. A small trickle of blood freely runs from it.

Emma disengages from Wizard and he allows her to retreat a few paces.

He himself retreats towards those unconcious on the ground, grabs them, yanks Bookwyrm by his collar and teleports back to the clinic.

@The Bookwyrm @UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai @Shining Silhouette

Wow. Looks like I missed… a LOT.

The Sixth Archive 

We made it.

Matra took a deep breath and woke up from the dreamscape.

Ravelast

She looked around, taking everything in. So much fighting… And of course that ever-present oppressive darkness that numbed her senses and preyed on her mind.

She wondered if there was anything she could do to help - she still had her sword summoned. I need to do something.

Is there anywhere Matra can conveniently slot herself in?

20 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Is there anywhere Matra can conveniently slot herself in?

Uh, sorry I forgot about you, just assume that you were teleported back to the clinic with the rest of the people.

@Shadowed

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

11 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano lay for hours. Not moving. Not saying a word.

Just crying.

His bracelet was shattered, his ring dim. It hurt just to look at the ring, but he didn't dare even consider taking it off.

Clinc: Lobby

Thaidakar walked over, having finished writing down what had all happened in his room. He knelt beside Calano and put a hand on his shoulder, "you alright there?"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Clinc: Lobby

Thaidakar walked over, having finished writing down what had all happened in his room. He knelt beside Calano and put a hand on his shoulder, "you alright there?"

Calano cried harder, memories of part of a life spent with her replaying over and over in his head.

"Why are you in a tree?" He asked.

"It's where the darkness is," She said.

-                    -                    -                    -

"I do." He said.

"I do." She said.

"Don't go." She said.

"I'm never leaving." He replied.

Calano lay on the floor of the lobby, reminiscing of the happiest part of his life. And now it was just... gone. Corrupted. Evil.

5 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano cried harder, memories of part of a life spent with her replaying over and over in his head.

"Why are you in a tree?" He asked.

"It's where the darkness is," She said.

"I do." He said.

"I do." She said.

"Don't go." She said.

"I'm never leaving." He replied.

Calano lay on the floor of the lobby, reminiscing of the happiest part of his life. And now it was just... gone. Corrupted. Evil.

Thaidakar had put it together earlier, Emma, it seemed, had turned. Hopefully, he wouldn't too.

"I know what it feels like. To have someone you've loved so much just... taken away." He smiled weakly. "I did the deed, by accident. I didn't know it then, but some dark being had possessed me and made me do it. That should make me feel better. It... it doesn't. Fortunately, I don't think it's your fault. You didn't make her get corrupted. It isn't your fault." but... with her it might be my fault.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar had put it together earlier, Emma, it seemed, had turned. Hopefully, he wouldn't too.

"I know what it feels like. To have someone you've loved so much just... taken away." He smiled weakly. "I did the deed, by accident. I didn't know it then, but some dark being had possessed me and made me do it. That should make me feel better. It... it doesn't. Fortunately, I don't think it's your fault. You didn't make her get corrupted. It isn't your fault." but... with her it might be.

"I know it's not my fault," Calano said hoarsely, sniffing.

"But that doesn't make it hurt any less," He hissed angrily. He sat up.

"But, tell me this, Thaidakar," He said, eyes puffy and bloodshot, the ferocious glare of a man who'd lost the world, and had nothing left, "Was it your wife?" He asked viciously, "Was it the girl you'd known since childhood? Was it the girl you doomed to a dark entity for most of her life? Was it the girl who, miraculously, forgave you for that, and became your most beloved, most favorite person in the entire multiverse? Was it the girl who grew up not with a fear of the dark, but with a fear of the light? Was it the girl who woke up with nightmares for months, years, to cry herself to sleep in your arms?"

Calano glared at Thaidakar. Hard.

"Didn't think so," He whispered, "You have no idea the pain I'm in. You have no idea the centuries of joy that have just been smothered like a flickering ember."

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"I know it's not my fault," Calano said hoarsely, sniffing.

"But that doesn't make it hurt any less," He hissed angrily. He sat up.

"But, tell me this, Thaidakar," He said, eyes puffy and bloodshot, the ferocious glare of a man who'd lost the world, and had nothing left, "Was it your wife?" He asked viciously, "Was it the girl you'd known since childhood? Was it the girl you doomed to a dark entity for most of her life? Was it the girl who, miraculously, forgave you for that, and became your most beloved, most favorite person in the entire multiverse? Was it the girl who grew up not with a fear of the dark, but with a fear of the light? Was it the girl who woke up with nightmares for months, years, to cry herself to sleep in your arms?"

Calano glared at Thaidakar. Hard.

"Didn't think so," He whispered, "You have no idea the pain I'm in. You have no idea the centuries of joy that have just been smothered like a flickering ember."

"And you have no idea how many thousands of years of regret I have lived." he gave Calano an equally hard glare. "I had once believed that there was no such thing as love for one of the soulless... I was proven wrong. For once, it seemed like I would finally be happy. Finally. Then... then it all ended because of an ancient mistake. Worlds were destroyed, more people than you can imagine died. You cannot begin to think of how many people I destroyed all because I couldn't control myself."

Thaidakar sighed, "and yet... and yet, somehow, I continued on. And so will you."

Padding over in his tiger form, Wizard goes and sits ontop of Calano. His tail twitching in Calano's face.

"Calm down young one, there is a work yet to do! And a story that I must tell you all."

@CalanoCorvus @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aes Sedai @UnfortunatelyNamed @The Bookwyrm @Shadowed @Telrao(That's all right?)

Wizard's tail slaps across Calano's face.

He appears infront of Calano while he's reeling, his face right up infront of Calano.

"DON'T YOU THINK IT PAINS ME TO KNOW THAT MY TWIN IS GONE! QUITE POSSIBLY FOREVER! YOUR PAIN IS GREATER, I GET THAT, BUT FOR THE LIGHT PULL IT TOGETHER MAN. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING HER BACK OTHER THAN ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE CORRUPTED AND DOOMING THIS WORLD FOREVER, YOU WILL LISTEN!"

@CalanoCorvus

Insa's mind

The darkness appears infront of her, comforting inviting. Asking to be touched, to be allowed form and to be let inside.

@InfiniteInsanity

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wizard's tail slaps across Calano's face.

He appears infront of Calano while he's reeling, his face right up infront of Calano.

"DON'T YOU THINK IT PAINS ME TO KNOW THAT MY TWIN IS GONE! QUITE POSSIBLY FOREVER! YOUR PAIN IS GREATER, I GET THAT, BUT FOR THE LIGHT PULL IT TOGETHER MAN. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING HER BACK OTHER THAN ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE CORRUPTED AND DOOMING THIS WORLD FOREVER, YOU WILL LISTEN!"

@CalanoCorvus

Calano glares at Wizard, but doesn't object.

"Fine," He says, "Tell your tale."

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Insa's mind

The darkness appears infront of her, comforting inviting. Asking to be touched, to be allowed form and to be let inside.

@InfiniteInsanity

Insa's Mind

Insa watches it for a few seconds taking it in. Then she hesitantly reaches out and touches it.

4 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma casually drops her shield and blasts Joe in the chest with a bolt of corruption, flinging him backwards.

Wizard's sword flicks up in that instant and nicks her cheek. A small trickle of blood freely runs from it.

Emma disengages from Wizard and he allows her to retreat a few paces.

He himself retreats towards those unconcious on the ground, grabs them, yanks Bookwyrm by his collar and teleports back to the clinic.

@The Bookwyrm @UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai @Shining Silhouette

JOE IS CORRUPTED. NOW HE DOESNT WANT TO KILL POTTED PLANTS

BUT ALL PLANTS. AND HE HAS DECIDED THAT SINCE HUMANS = PLANTS TO KILL HUMANS

DIE HUMANS HE SAID IN ALL CAPS