Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

10 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Clinic: Lobby

Rue freezes. “Everything?” She breathed, looking excited for a brief moment. Then her expression darkened, and she looked pained. “It has to be destroyed. Some of that information…it could bring bad things. Good things, but terrible ones too.”

Nameless looked surprised. "Why would you want to destroy that knowledge? We could use it to defeat Kaos, to save everyone. It's not like there's many other chanellers out and about in the multiverse that could abuse it." 

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Clinic

"Of yes, of course!"

Wizard shakes his head, dispelling the rest of what he saw.

"On that date the gods were preparing to combine, they saw the one god who had refused. He was standing in the place where they were to ascend and he was called Kaos. Desperately the gods fought against him, yet even though they were supposed to be of equal strength. Kaos surpassed them all. All wondered how and why all was going to be lost.

'You see, I made a deal with the darkness. And now it's mine, you see!'

The other gods despaired, because there was no chance, not anymore. Each of them was bleeding light, the last light of the world. For in their arrogance they had combined and it had seemed such a wonderful idea. A way to spread the light, yet it had failed and now the darkness would consume all.

@CalanoCorvus @Telrao @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Shadowed

The Clinic

“So you’re saying… everything is hopeless. If a bunch of storming gods couldn’t defeat Kaos, then why are we even trying?”

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Clinic

"Of yes, of course!"

Wizard shakes his head, dispelling the rest of what he saw.

"On that date the gods were preparing to combine, they saw the one god who had refused. He was standing in the place where they were to ascend and he was called Kaos. Desperately the gods fought against him, yet even though they were supposed to be of equal strength. Kaos surpassed them all. All wondered how and why all was going to be lost.

'You see, I made a deal with the darkness. And now it's mine, you see!'

The other gods despaired, because there was no chance, not anymore. Each of them was bleeding light, the last light of the world. For in their arrogance they had combined and it had seemed such a wonderful idea. A way to spread the light, yet it had failed and now the darkness would consume all.

@CalanoCorvus @Telrao @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Shadowed

Just now, Shadowed said:

The Clinic

“So you’re saying… everything is hopeless. If a bunch of storming gods couldn’t defeat Kaos, then why are we even trying?”

The Clinic

"It isn't hopeless. It can't be hopeless. Besides..." he hesitated, but continued. "We might be able to get another dark being to go against Kaos."

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless looked surprised. "Why would you want to destroy that knowledge? We could use it to defeat Kaos, to save everyone. It's not like there's many other chanellers out and about in the multiverse that could abuse it." 

"I'm not saying it wouldn't be useful." Rue says. "But there are dark things that can be done with the one power. We need that knowledge to defeat Kaos, but we can't let it survive after that." She lets her fear seep through the bond.

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

"I'm not saying it wouldn't be useful." Rue says. "But there are dark things that can be done with the one power. We need that knowledge to defeat Kaos, but we can't let it survive after that." She lets her fear seep through the bond.

Nameless shook his head. "I'm not saying we need to learn all the terrible things one can do with the power, but we need some weaves that can actually do something against Kaos." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm surprised to see you talking about weaves that are too dangerous to be used."

20 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless shook his head. "I'm not saying we need to learn all the terrible things one can do with the power, but we need some weaves that can actually do something against Kaos." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm surprised to see you talking about weaves that are too dangerous to be used."

Rue clenched her teeth. “I almost forgot I was talking to you. We need weaves with more power,” she said, “but there are some weaves, like balefire, that will do more harm than good. We have to be careful what we use.”

49 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rue clenched her teeth. “I almost forgot I was talking to you. We need weaves with more power,” she said, “but there are some weaves, like balefire, that will do more harm than good. We have to be careful what we use.”

"Balefire doesn't always do more harm than good. It's saved my life before." Nameless paused, noticing Rue's anger. "I agree that we'll need to be careful. But we do need this knowledge. Will you help me find it?"

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Dreamscape

Insa frowns and follows Emma. "You went the wrong way..."

The Dreamscape

"There is something down this hallway. Can you feel it?"

@InfiniteInsanity @Shining Silhouette

Since she's Emma's sister, I think they'd be both able to sense it. Since by being her sister, she'd be a bit more attuned to the Kaos and perhaps that's why her powers were so chaotic? At least, she would be able to sense it and be more attuned to the Kaos since Emma is.

Silhouette you can explore down to the right if you want or just follow them. There may be some trees to the right. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Lobby

Calano's brow furrowed.

He clenched his fist, and it began to hum, glowing brightly.

"And yet," He said, "I can still do this. The connection is still there. They must have won. How?"

@The Wandering Wizard

1 minute ago, Shadowed said:

The Clinic

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"It isn't hopeless. It can't be hopeless. Besides..." he hesitated, but continued. "We might be able to get another dark being to go against Kaos."

"It is never hopeless. They managed to make it. Else, as Calano saw, how would we all be here?"

Wizard's tail begins to twitch as he continues the story.

"Kaos blasted on in the chest and instead of dying it began to bleed black instead. The first corrupted was born.

Slightly distracted by this, Kaos failed to notice one of the gods of light hiding against the wall. Its pale skin having lost almost all luminescence and it was nearly dead.

The corruption continued and the rest of the gods of light were forced out or turned. Kaos and his troops marched outside, continuing the pressure against them. And then, and then there was only one left. All alone, left to contemplate the failure of his once great plan. A way to create life that couldn't be destroyed.

The last god of light fell to his knees, on the spot, crying. There was no hope left for the light, the dark was stronger. It had always been stronger.

And then he ascended, becoming only known as the Creator. His original name has been lost to time, but as the Creator, he was able to create. He bound Kaos and with him the darkness. He then created all, anything at all that can breath, move, and think. Owes it's life to the Creator, who bound the Kaos so that they might be able to live."

@Telrao @CalanoCorvus @Shadowed @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

57 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Great!" Nameless glanced around the lobby. "You think anyone else would like to help?"

@Aes Sedai

Rue shrugged. “They all seem busy, but it probably wouldn’t hurt to ask.”

On 1/20/2023 at 1:29 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Dreamscape

"There is something down this hallway. Can you feel it?"

@InfiniteInsanity @Shining Silhouette

The Dreamscape

"Yeah... There's definitely something."

What are we sensing? 

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

6 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rue shrugged. “They all seem busy, but it probably wouldn’t hurt to ask.”

"Yeah, they do." Nameless frowned. "I'd really like to get Bookwyrm's help, but he's vanished since we got back to the clinic."

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"It is never hopeless. They managed to make it. Else, as Calano saw, how would we all be here?"

Wizard's tail begins to twitch as he continues the story.

"Kaos blasted on in the chest and instead of dying it began to bleed black instead. The first corrupted was born.

Slightly distracted by this, Kaos failed to notice one of the gods of light hiding against the wall. Its pale skin having lost almost all luminescence and it was nearly dead.

The corruption continued and the rest of the gods of light were forced out or turned. Kaos and his troops marched outside, continuing the pressure against them. And then, and then there was only one left. All alone, left to contemplate the failure of his once great plan. A way to create life that couldn't be destroyed.

The last god of light fell to his knees, on the spot, crying. There was no hope left for the light, the dark was stronger. It had always been stronger.

And then he ascended, becoming only known as the Creator. His original name has been lost to time, but as the Creator, he was able to create. He bound Kaos and with him the darkness. He then created all, anything at all that can breath, move, and think. Owes it's life to the Creator, who bound the Kaos so that they might be able to live."

cool creation myth.

"Hmmm..." THaidakar rubbed his chin, deep in thought.

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano opened his mouth. Then closed it again. Then opened it.

"How..." He started, "How did he just ascend? It doesn't make any sense! What happened??"

@The Wandering Wizard

Wizard shrugged, his shoulders rolling.

"I have no idea how, but that it did work and that it is true."

19 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

cool creation myth.

Thank you! I had a better idea for one after I posted that:ph34r:

The person who convinced them to combine was the one to betray them instead!

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

What are we sensing? 

Hmm, I was thinking some sort of seeing/scrying object that shows them their connection. Or something like that. Perhaps the ancients had a room that would tell people whether they were connected through blood. Not quite certain exactly what, though if you have an idea or a preference, it would be a great help.

The Dreamscape

"Do you want to go check it out?"

The Dreamscape

Insa nodded. "Race you." Then she took off down the hall.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Hmm, I was thinking some sort of seeing/scrying object that shows them their connection. Or something like that. Perhaps the ancients had a room that would tell people whether they were connected through blood. Not quite certain exactly what, though if you have an idea or a preference, it would be a great help.

I like the scrying idea. 

16 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Yeah, they do." Nameless frowned. "I'd really like to get Bookwyrm's help, but he's vanished since we got back to the clinic."

“So…do we go, or do we try to find him?”

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameles nodded, stepping over to Thaidakar and tapping him on the shoulder. "Hey, you want to come on a quest with me and Rue? We're looking for an Archive."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aes Sedai

He turned, "hmm... sure. Just give me a bit to collect some things from my room." Thaidakar walked towards his room.

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He turned, "hmm... sure. Just give me a bit to collect some things from my room." Thaidakar walked towards his room.

"Great! meet us in the library once you have everything you need."

6 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Curious, Telrao stood and followed Thaidakar. Her fur glowed softly from beneath the skin as she felt the Connection to the god of Light grow stronger.

She paused for a moment. But wouldn't that mean... no, no, he's not going to die. She shook her floofy head and continued to sneak after Thaidakar.

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Great! meet us in the library once you have everything you need."

7 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Curious, Telrao stood and followed Thaidakar. Her fur glowed softly from beneath the skin as she felt the Connection to the god of Light grow stronger.

She paused for a moment. But wouldn't that mean... no, no, he's not going to die. She shook her floofy head and continued to sneak after Thaidakar.

The Clinic

Thaidakar nodded, smiling as he walked into the hallway. He didn't notice Telrao. He passed Jimmy Thunder who gave him an odd look. "How're you doing?" asked Thaidakar.

"Say hello to your girlfriend for me." A long, dark sword appeared in Jimmy's hand as he swung at Thaidakar.

Thaidakar ducked just in time, the sword cutting some of his hair off. He cursed.