Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

14 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Calano's Room

Calano stood, eyes wide and angry.

"I don't care," He hissed, "Get that bolt out of my sight, and get yourself out of my sight."

Calano thought of who could help. Matra had left...

Telrao.

Telrao could help.

@Telrao

Somewhere in the Clinic

Something tugged at a piece of Telrao's mind. She paused in her steps, then grabbed that Connection.

Calano. And he's... grieving.

She stopped short, then tried to pinpoint where he was. There. She bounded down the hallway, her eyes beginning to glow. She felt an oppressive presence build as she got closer to Calano's personal room. She quickly drew Aon Tae to open the door. Something seriously wrong was happening. As the door swung open, she padded through and saw something that made her heart jolt. A being was holding a corruption bolt... something like... Emma's.

No. She stepped forward, the pure power of Light stoking brightly within her.

@CalanoCorvus @The Aspiring Archivist

Edited by Telrao

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"They call you Calano, do they not? The man who is almost a god, but couldn't even save his wife."

"The man who was brought back from death itself, the man who created this Clinic. The man," He said, stepping closer, "Who is going to kick your ass."

Telrao, care to jump in, mi amigo?

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

*grins* You betcha

Before Calano had the chance to do anything stupid, Telrao quickly drew Aon Daa, glaring at the being holding the bolt.

"Do not disturb the one who is grieving!" She growled as she added the final modifier. The Aon hung in the air, glowing brightly, before twisting into a pure beam of white light and blasting the strange man in the chest.

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"The man who was brought back from death itself, the man who created this Clinic. The man," He said, stepping closer, "Who is going to kick your ass."

Malum laughed softly.

1 minute ago, Telrao said:

Before Calano had the chance to do anything stupid, Telrao quickly drew Aon Daa, glaring at the being holding the bolt.

"Do not disturb the one who is grieving!" She growled as she added the final modifier. The Aon hung in the air, glowing brightly, before twisting into a pure beam of white light and blasting the strange man in the chest.

He didn't even flinch.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Malum laughed softly.

He didn't even flinch.

Telrao growled again. I guess, she thought, blasting interdimensional beings isn't a very effective solution.

So instead, she began drawing a few lines on the ground, asking:

"So who are you, Ancient One?" She added a few more select lines that curved around each other, "To gloat over a grieving man?"

@The Aspiring Archivist

Edited by Telrao

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Malum laughed softly.

He didn't even flinch.

Just now, Telrao said:

Telrao growled again. I guess, she thought, blasting interdimensional beings isn't a very effective solution.

So instead, the began drawing a few lines on the ground, asking:

"So who are you, Ancient One?" She added a few more select lines that curved around each other, "To gloat over a grieving man?"

@The Aspiring Archivist

Calano watched Telrao draw, but continued to glance up at the strange man with the blasphemous bolt. It was all Calano could do not to simply pound the man into the ground.

If he was even a man.

33 minutes ago, Telrao said:

So instead, she began drawing a few lines on the ground, asking:

@The Aspiring Archivist

"I am Malum. A god of destruction."

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Clinic: Library

Nameless looked up at Thaidakar and Rue as they entered, placing one more book into his pack. "Excellent. You're ready? I've finished going through the relevant material, and am ready to try and make a gateway to the location of the Second Archive."

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

10 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless looked up at Thaidakar and Rue as they entered, placing one more book into his pack. "Excellent. You're ready? I've finished going through the relevant material, and am ready to try and make a gateway to the location of the Second Archive."

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar nodded, "first, before we leave, I must warn you that I have destroyed an entire dimension before and killed more people than you can imagine, so you two might be at risk around me." He smiled. "I'm joking, I haven't done that in... a long time. Time works differently across the dimensions, so it's hard to measure how long..."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded, "first, before we leave, I must warn you that I have destroyed an entire dimension before and killed more people than you can imagine, so you two might be at risk around me." He smiled. "I'm joking, I haven't done that in... a long time. Time works differently across the dimensions, so it's hard to measure how long..."

"Oh, no need to warn me. I've..." Nameless hesitated, pointedly not looking at Rue. "Uh, I've had enough experience with you to know you're trustworthy.

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Oh, no need to warn me. I've..." Nameless hesitated, pointedly not looking at Rue. "Uh, I've had enough experience with you to know you're trustworthy.

Thaidakar raised an eyebrow, but didn't respond to that. "Anyways... I think I have everything I need for the trip."

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar raised an eyebrow, but didn't respond to that. "Anyways... I think I have everything I need for the trip."

"Great! So we're ready to go then." Nameless opened a book, examining a diagram scribbled on one of the pages "Hm. Thaidakar, you're a Soulless right? Do you know how to read interdimensional maps?"

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Great! So we're ready to go then." Nameless opened a book, examining a diagram scribbled on one of the pages "Hm. Thaidakar, you're a Soulless right? Do you know how to read interdimensional maps?"

"Yeah, I can probably read it."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Yeah, I can probably read it."

Nameless nodded, pushing the book over to Thaidakar. "Thanks. I haven't quite been able to decipher those symbols at the top of the page, and they seem kind of important to the whole thing. Some kind of warning, is it?"

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hey guys

Guess who just finished reading the entire Insanity Clinic backlog

Do I need to fill out an application form to join or what :ph34r:

Just join with a character, and I can add you to the continuity chat that we have.

Impressive dedication to reading all of the story!

The Dreamscape

A scene appears in both their minds.

A grove of trees with a barrier to the outside.

A man yelling at a woman to leave, that it's going to break through.

That she needs to save herself

"I love you." Echoes around the grove as she disappears.

Appearing near a small isolated village far away, the woman heads to a nearby house.

She trips as the energy in her wooded skin begins to fade.

Her vision dims as the door opens and her last words seem to ring in the air, charged with the last of her dying power

"Protect her!"

The young couple look on the woman in disbelief as she crumbles to dust.

A soft crying eminates from the basket and it rapidly grows louder.

The couple takes the child in not knowing what else to do.

The vision ends and Emma begins crying and speaking in a foreign tongue.

@InfiniteInsanity

Island on a Distant World

Bookwyrm led Lark through the vibrant jungle, searching for anything out of place. A stone wall with runes, or a buried piece of metal, or something. 

The search turned out to be difficult.

Bookwyrm summoned his sword to cut through a particularly thick patch of vines, stepping over a twisting tree root and nearly tripping. A light covering of dead leaves and branches coated the floor of the jungle, but new life was growing from underneath the detritus.

At one point, Bookwyrm found a clearing, which was unusual in a tropical jungle of this sort. It was filled with strangely shaped flowers with dark purple petals.

This is interesting...Bookwyrm thought.

"Hey, Lark," Bookwyrm said. "I think this place is worth a look."

@UnfortunatelyNamed

The Dreamscape

Emma shrugged in a state of complete shock and bewilderment. "That was my mother, and you were in the basket. It's an old tradition of her people to carry their children around in a wooden basket when they are young. They won't carry other people's children in their own personal baskets. It is a part of her that she cut off her tree and shaped it."

@InfiniteInsanity

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

The Dreamscape

"They're both now dead. They were fighting against the scourage and they sent me and Calano away during the beginning of that fight. But it appears that my mother had you during the fight and they were in a grove of trees. That would have allowed my mother to temporarily teleport herself somewhere else. They pushed all their children away during that fight against the Kaos. And now we will welcome them into it's embrace."

@InfiniteInsanity