Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He doesn't know that.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Clinic: Hallway

His brow furrowed. "Uh, no. I wouldn't say-"

The young man blinked as the door next to him opened and a man walked out. Whoever he was, he seemed to be in charge.

Calano's eyes flitted over to the young man.

"Who're you?" He asked.

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"You," He said at the receptionist, "Find me some painkillers. Tylenol, or something. Something to make this headache ease."

the receptionist handed Calano an unsealed tinmind. “Think we might have a new patient. Says he doesn’t have Brandonfandonitis, but he’s worth watching, at least.” He gestured to the young man. “I was just about to get him examined.”

@xinoehp512

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano's eyes flitted over to the young man.

"Who're you?" He asked.

"I'm-" the young man started, then paused. His name. What was his name? Why couldn't he remember his name? "I... I can't remember," he said, a note of panic entering his voice. He looked down at his hands. The lines of slightly-pale skin ran across them, as usual- but there was something new. A X, burned into his right palm.

Edited by xinoehp512

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

the receptionist handed Calano an unsealed tinmind. “Think we might have a new patient. Says he doesn’t have Brandonfandonitis, but he’s worth watching, at least.” He gestured to the young man. “I was just about to get him examined.”

@xinoehp512

Calano held the tinmind, and began to fill it with the sense to feel pain. His headache eased, but didn't go away, simply... muted. At least he could concentrate. It would probably dissipate on it's own.

"I'm-" the young man started, then paused. His name. What was his name? Why couldn't he remember his name? "I... I can't remember," he said, a note of panic entering his voice. 

Calano glanced the young man up and down. "Hm." He said, then turned to the receptionist.

"Yeah, examine him. Magic level 3E exam. Standard allignment."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano held the tinmind, and began to fill it with the sense to feel pain. His headache eased, but didn't go away, simply... muted. At least he could concentrate. It would probably dissipate on it's own.

Calano glanced the young man up and down. "Hm." He said, then turned to the receptionist.

"Yeah, examine him. Magic level 3E exam. Standard allignment."

"Wait!" he cried. "Where- where am I?"

"Keep your voice down, my head hurts," Calano said, "You're in the Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted. I'm the man in charge, my name is Calano. But I've had a long day, and I'd prefer if you ask him the questions." He said, gesturing to the receptionist.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The receptionist nodded to Calano, the looked down at his tablet. “Looks like we’ve got an open testing center in the right wing.” He looked up from his tablet, gesturing towards the young man. “Please follow me so we can figure out exactly what’s wrong with your memory.”

The receptionist nodded to Calano, the looked down at his tablet. “Looks like we’ve got an open testing center in the right wing.” He looked up from his tablet, gesturing towards the young man. “Please follow me so we can figure out exactly what’s wrong with your memory.”

"I..." The young man looked back and forth between Calano and the receptionist. "Okay."

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Calano nodded, "Great," He said.

He went back into his room.

19 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm's Mind

Bookwyrm shoved a burst of mental light and energy into the swirling darkness. It parted temporarily, only to re-form and keep flowing as the darkness continued to swirl.

Scud, Bookwyrm thought. I'm going to need a lot of-

A tendril of darkness lashed at Bookwyrm, striking his soul. He suddenly perceived the artificial emotions that had overwhelmed his mind, and gasped as intense guilt flooded through his very being.

You couldn't save her. She's gone because of you.

The false emotions faded in the light, but a sense of Bookwyrm's own guilt lingered. He shoved it down.

I'm here to save her.

He channeled that determination and flooded his mind with it.

The darkness retreated. Just slightly, but it moved.

Okay, he thought. Let's see if I can do it again.

Okay, so The Shrai is basically the Dark Side incarnate. If you haven't seen Star Wars (I feel sad for you) it is rage and hate and revenge in a body. It is the flip side of Platypus who is always calm and collected. His decisions are based on logic whereas The Shrai's are based on emotion. It will get mad at the slightest tip off and will try to destroy everything. It's basic plan is to gather allies and take over some area of the universe and it wants to bring Dasgravan to Justice. Is that enough?

"I warned you!!" The Shrai yells.

Bookwyrm's Mind

As The Shrai enters Bookwyrm's mind, all it sees is swirling black, perverted light. It fires a bolt of red hate and it leaves a trail that is quickly filled in by the swirling black. The black light strikes back into his mind but is repelled by the red energy. The Shrai can see nothing but stays in the realm of black light.

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

After a moment of hesitation, the young man hurried after him.

The receptionist led him to a room marked “testing”, with a door that appeared to be made of many different layers of metal. He gestured to a chair situated in the center of the room, surrounded by an assortment of magical-looking paraphernalia. “Sit there please. And don’t move around too much.”

8 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The receptionist led him to a room marked “testing”, with a door that appeared to be made of many different layers of metal. He gestured to a chair situated in the center of the room, surrounded by an assortment of magical-looking paraphernalia. “Sit there please. And don’t move around too much.”

The young man sat down in the chair with trepidation. "Uh... what is all of this?"

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The young man sat down in the chair with trepidation. "Uh... what is all of this?"

“Standard equipment. Don’t worry, there’s no danger.” The receptionist donned an aluminum-lined suit, then stepped into a side room and bolted the door, causing a protective array of runes to flare to life on it, running across the walls to cover the entirety of the room.

an intercom crackled, and the receptionist’s voice came through it. “Please remain seated throughout the procedure. Any attempt to move may result in erroneous testing data or harm to your person.”

“Standard equipment. Don’t worry, there’s no danger.” The receptionist donned an aluminum-lined suit, then stepped into a side room and bolted the door, causing a protective array of runes to flare to life on it, running across the walls to cover the entirety of the room.

an intercom crackled, and the receptionist’s voice came through it. “Please remain seated throughout the procedure. Any attempt to move may result in erroneous testing data or harm to your person.”

The young man stared at the protective runes lining the walls and began to wonder if he had perhaps made a mistake in trusting the receptionist. Oh well, too late for that now. He braced himself.

5 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Spoiler

X Ray Run GIF - X Ray Run Dont Worry - Discover & Share GIFs

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The young man stared at the protective runes lining the walls and began to wonder if he had perhaps made a mistake in trusting the receptionist. Oh well, too late for that now. He braced himself.

The magical objects surrounding the man began glowing, and several dozen beams of multicolored light locked onto his head.

52 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The magical objects surrounding the man began glowing, and several dozen beams of multicolored light locked onto his head.

Clinic: Testing Room

"You're sure this is safe?" the young man called nervously.

Edited by xinoehp512

The Dreamscape

Emma's clothes solidified into a full set of demonic looking armor. Her thoughts running rampant and shifting her mood.

At times the helmet resembled a demon, at others a raven. Briefly it flashed to a crow, but it quickly vanished.

@Shining Silhouette @InfiniteInsanity

The Dreamscape

Emma jumped, her thoughts having drowned out the world.

"I'm just thinking that I'm probably going to have to kill Calano. He'll be a hard one to convert, the Kaos is pushing for me to murder him. I want to corrupt him, much better than killing the love of my life."

@InfiniteInsanity

25 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Dreamscape

Emma's clothes solidified into a full set of demonic looking armor. Her thoughts running rampant and shifting her mood.

At times the helmet resembled a demon, at others a raven. Briefly it flashed to a crow, but it quickly vanished.

@Shining Silhouette @InfiniteInsanity

Joe watched in admiration. [Insert Owen Wilson Weaaaahw]