Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Island on a Distant World: Flower Field

"Most likely it would corrupt your soul with darkness, although I'm uncertain what the exact effects of that corruption would be. Especially considering the current nature of your soul." Lark shrugged. "You want to risk it?"

"My soul is untouched. Platypus just tried too hard to contain me and hasn't learned that I am a crucial part of this body. I have bided my time, waited patiently for the perfect moment to bring Dasgravan to Justice. And now, it is paying off." The Shrai shrugs. "I'm almost tempted too, but I guess I'll figure out my own way off. In the meantime, what are you guys looking for? And more importantly, could it help me get off of this planet?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I agree. Uh... what did he do, exactly?"

Clinic: Lobby

Calano looked down, choosing his next words carefully.

"Made me feel some rather angering things regarding the state of my wife," He said slowly, "Messed with my head."

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano looked down, choosing his next words carefully.

"Made me feel some rather angering things regarding the state of my wife," He said slowly, "Messed with my head."

"Your wife? What happened to Emma?" He looked down at Calano's wrist. "What happened to the Stacis bracelet?"

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

Thaidakar smiled, "well, I'll go first." He stepped back a little and then ran up at the gateway. He leapt down into it, grinning. The wind rushed around him as he fell face first down into the city. His eyes glowed brightly. He couldn't help but burst into laughter as the shadowy creatures looked up at him with shock. Thankfully, his satchel was shut in a way that it wouldn't open and drop things out if he did things like this. thank goodness for that. He turned, moving his legs downwards. He spread his arms out, making the fall slightly slower. He pressed a button on his watch as he neared the ground. The shadowy creature that was directly below him finally realized what was happening and ran. A wide shield made out of glowing silver energy appeared out of his watch as Thaidakar hit the ground. The energy hit first, absorbing the brunt of the fall. Thaidakar pressed it again and the shield evaporated into sparks. He pressed another sequence of buttons on his watch and crackling energy came out of it, forming a jagged blade of pure energy. He rammed it into one of the shadowy creatures before they could react. The energy burned through the shadow and dark metal, making it scream. Its fellows seemed to get out of the daze and charged at Thaidakar. Thaidakar smiled, "This is where the fun begins." He proceeded to deactivate the energy blade, point it at one of the shadow creatures and pressed another button. Needless to say, the creature soon had a hole in their head from the beam of energy that burst from the watch.

Ruined City of ???

Nameless stared down at Thaidakar, wincing as he felt almost every creature in the city begin to zero in on his friend's location. "Um... good distraction. Rue, you want to go around the light side, or do you want to try and help Thaidakar?"

@Aes Sedai

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"My soul is untouched. Platypus just tried too hard to contain me and hasn't learned that I am a crucial part of this body. I have bided my time, waited patiently for the perfect moment to bring Dasgravan to Justice. And now, it is paying off." The Shrai shrugs. "I'm almost tempted too, but I guess I'll figure out my own way off. In the meantime, what are you guys looking for? And more importantly, could it help me get off of this planet?"

"Your soul is filled with darkness, not damaged. As for what I'm looking for, nothing!" Lark pointed his pen at Bookwyrm. "I'm just giving him his monthly psychological evaluation. He's the one looking for something. What was it you were looking for again, Bookwyrm?"

@The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Your soul is filled with darkness, not damaged. As for what I'm looking for, nothing!" Lark pointed his pen at Bookwyrm. "I'm just giving him his monthly psychological evaluation. He's the one looking for something. What was it you were looking for again, Bookwyrm?"

"As I said, my soul is perfectly fine. My mind is changed, nothing else. And why does he need an evaluation?"

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"As I said, my soul is perfectly fine. My mind is changed, nothing else. And why does he need an evaluation?"

"He's a patient at a clinic for Brandonfandonitis. That's all I can tell you without breaking doctor-patient confidentiality."

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

Nameless stared down at Thaidakar, wincing as he felt almost every creature in the city begin to zero in on his friend's location. "Um... good distraction. Rue, you want to go around the light side, or do you want to try and help Thaidakar?"

Ruined City of ???

Thaidakar fought. He pressed buttons, slamming energy into creatures, making them fall to the ground. Screeches filled his ears. Destruction. He kept killing them, battling them. He felt pain in his arm as he was stabbed there, but he didn't care. His eyes began to glow softly again as he killed a bigger one. He began to feel cuts and bruises all over himself, but he didn't care. Finally, he was pulled out of the haze of the fight by a voice in his head.

"Thaidakar, the fight's almost over..."

Thaidakar nodded, the red glow fading as he stabbed another shadow creature with an energy beam. The watch was almost out of energy and needed time to pull energy from the spiritual realm before he could pull another stunt like that. The bodies of many, many shadow creatures were piled around him, leaking shadowy goop. He made sure to try not to step in the goop as he grabbed his satchel from a jutting out piece of stone from the wall. He looked around finally, noticing that he was in some sort of  building without a roof. Five empty doorways led outside or into hallways. He didn't know. 

Thaidakar stepped over to one of the doorways. This showed the outside, a wide road with various ruined buildings. Ten shadow creatures were headed his way. Thaidakar stepped back into the building, jumping up onto the wall with enhanced strength from his forbidden power. He needed a plan... hopefully Nameless and Rue would come help soon.

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Your wife? What happened to Emma?" He looked down at Calano's wrist. "What happened to the Stacis bracelet?"

Calano's smile vanished for good. He opened his mouth, then closed it again.

"She..." He started, then closed his mouth again. He felt he was about to cry again.

Stormfather, He thought to himself, Not again.

He took a deep breath, looking at the ground, then looked back up. "She was corrupted by Kaos. The bracelet.... broke after I fought with her."

Calano looked back down, blinking away tears.

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano's smile vanished for good. He opened his mouth, then closed it again.

"She..." He started, then closed his mouth again. He felt he was about to cry again.

Stormfather, He thought to himself, Not again.

He took a deep breath, looking at the ground, then looked back up. "She was corrupted by Kaos. The bracelet.... broke after I fought with her."

Calano looked back down, blinking away tears.

"...Kaos? That sounds bad. I'm sorry, Calano."

And now to dispose of my roleplay characters.

Bye y'all.

A shimmering form appeared behind Haly and Mitis. "Time to go now!"

"Wait, what?"

Rylla grabbed Haly and grabbed Mitis.

"Wait!" she yelled, trying to break away. Her eyes lockedo nto TAAron's. "I love you, and I'll--"

Gone. Vamoosh.

I'll miss this so badly.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

Thaidakar fought. He pressed buttons, slamming energy into creatures, making them fall to the ground. Screeches filled his ears. Destruction. He kept killing them, battling them. He felt pain in his arm as he was stabbed there, but he didn't care. His eyes began to glow softly again as he killed a bigger one. He began to feel cuts and bruises all over himself, but he didn't care. Finally, he was pulled out of the haze of the fight by a voice in his head.

"Thaidakar, the fight's almost over..."

Thaidakar nodded, the red glow fading as he stabbed another shadow creature with an energy beam. The watch was almost out of energy and needed time to pull energy from the spiritual realm before he could pull another stunt like that. The bodies of many, many shadow creatures were piled around him, leaking shadowy goop. He made sure to try not to step in the goop as he grabbed his satchel from a jutting out piece of stone from the wall. He looked around finally, noticing that he was in some sort of  building without a roof. Five empty doorways led outside or into hallways. He didn't know. 

Thaidakar stepped over to one of the doorways. This showed the outside, a wide road with various ruined buildings. Ten shadow creatures were headed his way. Thaidakar stepped back into the building, jumping up onto the wall with enhanced strength from his forbidden power. He needed a plan... hopefully Nameless and Rue would come help soon.

Ruined City of ???

Nameless sighed and stepped through his gateway, cushioning his fall with air as he landed next to Thaidakar. "This isn't going to work. All the creatures in the city are swarming us." He lashed out with fireballs, using earth to form a wall around himself and Thaidakar. "Do you have a plan?"

33 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Okay. How do you plan on leaving here?"

"No clue. I'm sure we'll figure something out."

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

A shimmering form appeared behind Haly and Mitis. "Time to go now!"

"Wait, what?"

Rylla grabbed Haly and grabbed Mitis.

"Wait!" she yelled, trying to break away. Her eyes locked onto TAAron's. "I love you, and I'll--"

Gone. Vamoosh.

I'll miss this so badly.

"What? I---" TAAron watched with horror as the person he loved most in the world vanished before his eyes. "No! No, no, no. Where..." He stumbled, and fell against a wall. "No..."

He began to tear up. This can't be happening. It can't be.

Goodbye, Haly. See you.

12 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano was about to say something, when Haly and Mitis vanished.

"Wha-" he said, seeing TAAron tear up, "No, no no, not again!" He shouted.

"No!" He screamed.

TAAron began to shake. "What do I do? Calano, what..."

They can be trauma buddies!

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

15 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

Nameless sighed and stepped through his gateway, cushioning his fall with air as he landed next to Thaidakar. "This isn't going to work. All the creatures in the city are swarming us." He lashed out with fireballs, using earth to form a wall around himself and Thaidakar. "Do you have a plan?"

Ruined City of ???

"Alright. Something on the map had said something about the center of the city. I think. Either that or it said something about a labyrinth... whatever." He smiled. "Best bet is to head for the center and improvise from there."

Calano stared, numb.

"I don't know anymore..." He whispered, "Too much is happening."

"If she's gone... maybe I should just die." He took an empty vial from his bag and smashed it, scattering shards of glass everywhere. He held the jagged edge, staring at it.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"If she's gone... maybe I should just die." He took an empty vial from his bag and smashed it, scattering shards of glass everywhere. He held the jagged edge, staring at it.

Something snapped in Calano as he stared at TAAron.

"Nope," He said firmly, snapping his fingers. The shards of glass disintegrated.

"None of that," He said, stepping up to TAAron, "None of that. At least you got to see her leave. At least you know for certain she's gone. I don't have that. It's tearing me apart inside, the idea that maybe Emma can be saved, or maybe she can't, that she's alive, or she's dead. But do I go immediately to suicide?"

Calano looked at TAAron, waiting for an answer.

6 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma might be coming back to the clinic tomorrow :ph34r: 

oh boy :ph34r: 

Something snapped in Calano as he stared at TAAron.

"Nope," He said firmly, snapping his fingers. The shards of glass disintegrated.

"None of that," He said, stepping up to TAAron, "None of that. At least you got to see her leave. At least you know for certain she's gone. I don't have that. It's tearing me apart inside, the idea that maybe Emma can be saved, or maybe she can't, that she's alive, or she's dead. But do I go immediately to suicide?"

Calano looked at TAAron, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know what's happening to me. But you have hope. This sort of thing has happened so many times, I think I've lost it completely."

By the way, Malum is steadily manipulating his emotions towards this point.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know what's happening to me. But you have hope. This sort of thing has happened so many times, I think I've lost it completely."

"Hope be damned!" Calano shouted, "You think you've got it rough, you think you've got it bad. Tell me, TAAron, were you banished from your homeworld because Kaos was ravaging the ever living hell out of it? Did you banish your best friend, your future wife, your one true love, to a near eternity in the hands of a minor dark entity? Did you somehow gain her forgiveness, but then go years wondering if you earned it?!"

"Hope be damned!" Calano shouted, "You think you've got it rough, you think you've got it bad. Tell me, TAAron, were you banished from your homeworld because Kaos was ravaging the ever living hell out of it? Did you banish your best friend, your future wife, your one true love, to a near eternity in the hands of a minor dark entity? Did you somehow gain her forgiveness, but then go years wondering if you earned it?!"

"It's not a competition, fool. My entire world with everyone and everything I ever knew or loved was destroyed. I lived on the streets for five years, during which time I killed the only friend I made. Then I finally found someone who cared, and now she's gone."